Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

new and improved tier list

God tier - Best bots in the game, very useful in most situations

Megatronus
Ironhide
Optimus Prime (MV1, G1 and gorilla)
Galvatron
Megatron (G1)
Blaster
Windblade
Rhinox

S tier - Very good bots but not as versatile as god tier

Megatron (RotF)
Dinobot
Cheetor
Grimlock
Mirage
Wheeljack (with sig ability)
Shockwave
Prowl
Barricade
Jazz
Bonecrusher
Mixmaster
Drift
Bumblebee (G1)
Kickback
Scorponok

A tier - Good bots that excel in some situations, may have a flaw or two

Dinobot
Ratchet
Arcee
Tantrum
Cyclonus
Bumblebee (DotM)
Motormaster
Ultra Magnus
Soundwave

B tier - Decent bots that are helpful in specific situations but there are better alternatives

Bludgeon
Hot rod
Starscream
Sideswipe
Jetfire
Sharkticons (except S-1000 because I don't have it yet)
Waspinator (I am somewhat conflicted about this one)

C tier - Meh, forge them if desired or keep them on defence

Grindor
Ramjet

Trash tier - Needs a serious buff, I am very sorry if this was your first 5* bot

Hound

NOTE: This is just my opinion, if you do not agree with my choices then please comment down below.

Tagged:

Comments

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Explain Blaster.
    And why are they two Dinobots?
  • Blaster can amplify his special damage and heal incoming ranged attacks, not many bots can passively heal attacks. This means that he can take a beating and still dish out high damage, not to mention that he occasionally gets power rate increases from special attacks

There are two dinobots because im not very bright, he is supposed to be S tier
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Blaster can amplify his special damage and heal incoming ranged attacks, not many bots can passively heal attacks. This means that he can take a beating and still dish out high damage, not to mention that he occasionally gets power rate increases from special attacks

I'm surprised that you put Ratchet that low
    Kitten wrote: »
    I heavily disagree

Same, but was it because of Ironhide?
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Nutjob wrote: »
    I stopped reading at Mixmaster on your 'S' tier.

I stopped reading at Ironhide in God tier...
  • i take it that this probably isnt a new and improved tier list
  • Tier lists with a pool that small aren’t necessary in my opinion. There’s purpose bots like UM (anti armour), utility bots like g1op, g1 megs, and anti evade like HR and drift. Giving them a tier according to purpose is more effective.

No point putting ogprime in the same pool as HR as they serve very different purposes
    I think there are some bots that are quite clearly God tier bots in all scenarios - Megatronus, duped Wheeljack, duped OG Megatron, Duped OGOP with Ratchet synergy.

Beyond that, most bots range from amazing to pretty good and some shine in some situations more so than others. Sideswipe and Mixmaster for me are the only two bots that don't really have a role in any game mode specifically or against certain bots.
  • Black_ThoughtBlack_Thought Posts: 392
    edited March 2019
    This list was done by a JV player. Tier list are not for this game. The bot balance is relatively good and different bots do different things. It all comes down to preference.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    I'm surprised that you put Ratchet that low

Rat could use a buff :# Maybe remove that whole below 50% thing. Imagine how good he would be healing and power gaining all the time ... Oh wait :D

• BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    There really isn’t a tier list in this game. You can say there is a scrap heap, but most all the bots are used in top 10 alliances in AM. This doesn’t include hound, mixy, ramjet and sideswipe. They may also be because they haven’t been released 100% yet.

Also The fact you put Grindor on the 2nd last list means you have absolutely no idea how to use the bot. Lots of grindors out there destroy AM.
  • Warrior2410Warrior2410 Posts: 154
    BOFAD wrote: »
    There really isn’t a tier list in this game. You can say there is a scrap heap, but most all the bots are used in top 10 alliances in AM. This doesn’t include hound, mixy, ramjet and sideswipe. They may also be because they haven’t been released 100% yet.

Also The fact you put Grindor on the 2nd last list means you have absolutely no idea how to use the bot. Lots of grindors out there destroy AM.

Personally, I think he's better on Base defense. His damage isn't on par with other Brawlers. Motormaster does more damage without his signature ability and Motormaster is arguably one of the weaker ones.
    However, what (I personally think) Grindor lacks in damage, he makes up for in his health and armor. While his power increases, so does his damage, and he needs something in order to survive hits. Luckily, his 17% passive armor and potential 41% armor buff enables that.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Each player is gonna have his own God tier bots. I've seen a team of sharks make it though Master spotlights. I've seen Hound do well in RoK...it's skill
    Some bots are more useful than others, Beasts seem to have the best abilities, Autobots have the best synergies, Cons have the highest overall damage output, and in the hands of the right player, each can shine.
    I personally LOVE Hot Rod, Grimlock, and UM Because I have an aggressive playstyle...HR has good crits, UM can take a beating, Grim shrugs off everything... My style, my God Tier
  • My top 5 bots are Ramjet, Bludgeon, Tantrum, Barricade, and Cyclonus. Ramjet and Bludgeon are maxed, Tantrum and Barricade are at rank 5, but need upgrading, and Cyclonus is at rank 4. All of them have their abilities unlocked.

In my opinion, I have a pretty good line up.

Ramjet = Burn and daze

Bludgeon = Bleed

Tantrum = Unstoppable

Barricade = Backfire

Cyclonus = Dark Field to stop and daze unstoppable bots
    edited March 2019
    Accurate Tier List
    (This is not my opinion, this is a fact)

Beyond God Tier
    - Jetfire

God Tier
    - Optimus Prime (GS)
    - Megatronus
    - Prowl
    - Optimus Primal

Demi-god Tier
    - Megatron (GS)
    - Motormaster
    - Drift
    - Scorponok
    - Windblade
    - Cheetor
    - Shockwave
    - Ratchet
    - Mirage
    - Galvatron
    - Ironhide

Great Tier
    - Dinobot
    - Optimus Prime (MV1)
    - Tantrum
    - Bludgeon
    - Arcee
    - Jazz
    - Kickback
    - Blaster
    - Rhinox
    - Waspinator

Useful Tier
    - Cyclonus
    - Bumblebee (DOTM)
    - Bonecrusher
    - Hot Rod
    - Barricade
    - Soundwave
    - Ramjet
    - Jetfire

Awwwright Tier
    - Starscream
    - Bumblebee (GS)
    - Grindor
    - Mixmaster

Big poo poo Tier
    - Ultra Magnus
    - Grimlock
    - Sideswipe
    I still don't understand how anyone can say OG Prime is better than OG Megatron. I don't even understand how you can objectively look at their abilities then reach that conclusion
  • SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    Accurate Tier List

Beyond God Tier
    - Jetfire

God Tier
    - Optimus Prime (GS)
    - Megatronus
    - Prowl
    - Optimus Primal

Demi-god Tier
    - Megatron (GS)
    - Motormaster
    - Drift
    - Scorponok
    - Windblade
    - Cheetor
    - Shockwave
    - Ratchet
    - Mirage
    - Galvatron
    - Ironhide

Great Tier
    - Dinobot
    - Optimus Prime (MV1)
    - Tantrum
    - Bludgeon
    - Arcee
    - Jazz
    - Kickback
    - Blaster
    - Rhinox
    - Waspinator

Useful Tier
    - Cyclonus
    - Bumblebee (DOTM)
    - Bonecrusher
    - Hot Rod
    - Barricade
    - Soundwave
    - Ramjet
    - Jetfire

Awwwright Tier
    - Starscream
    - Bumblebee (GS)
    - Grindor
    - Mixmaster

Big poo poo Tier
    - Ultra Magnus
    - Grimlock
    - Sideswipe

You forgot Wheeljack.
    SkBirdman wrote: »
    Accurate Tier List

Beyond God Tier
    - Jetfire

God Tier
    - Optimus Prime (GS)
    - Megatronus
    - Prowl
    - Optimus Primal

Demi-god Tier
    - Megatron (GS)
    - Motormaster
    - Drift
    - Scorponok
    - Windblade
    - Cheetor
    - Shockwave
    - Ratchet
    - Mirage
    - Galvatron
    - Ironhide

Great Tier
    - Dinobot
    - Optimus Prime (MV1)
    - Tantrum
    - Bludgeon
    - Arcee
    - Jazz
    - Kickback
    - Blaster
    - Rhinox
    - Waspinator

Useful Tier
    - Cyclonus
    - Bumblebee (DOTM)
    - Bonecrusher
    - Hot Rod
    - Barricade
    - Soundwave
    - Ramjet
    - Jetfire

Awwwright Tier
    - Starscream
    - Bumblebee (GS)
    - Grindor
    - Mixmaster

Big poo poo Tier
    - Ultra Magnus
    - Grimlock
    - Sideswipe

You forgot Wheeljack.

Crap, forgot to put him on Useful Tier
  • SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    SkBirdman wrote: »
    Accurate Tier List

Beyond God Tier
    - Jetfire

God Tier
    - Optimus Prime (GS)
    - Megatronus
    - Prowl
    - Optimus Primal

Demi-god Tier
    - Megatron (GS)
    - Motormaster
    - Drift
    - Scorponok
    - Windblade
    - Cheetor
    - Shockwave
    - Ratchet
    - Mirage
    - Galvatron
    - Ironhide

Great Tier
    - Dinobot
    - Optimus Prime (MV1)
    - Tantrum
    - Bludgeon
    - Arcee
    - Jazz
    - Kickback
    - Blaster
    - Rhinox
    - Waspinator

Useful Tier
    - Cyclonus
    - Bumblebee (DOTM)
    - Bonecrusher
    - Hot Rod
    - Barricade
    - Soundwave
    - Ramjet
    - Jetfire

Awwwright Tier
    - Starscream
    - Bumblebee (GS)
    - Grindor
    - Mixmaster

Big poo poo Tier
    - Ultra Magnus
    - Grimlock
    - Sideswipe

You forgot Wheeljack.

Crap, forgot to put him on Useful Tier

I thought he belonged on Big poo poo Tier...
  • NutjobNutjob Posts: 150
    I prefer to think of bots as to their indispensability. I have bots who are the first names on my team sheet, others who I never use, and others who are the first names down in different situations.

An example of 'first name on the team sheet' would be Prowl, or maybe Shockwave. In Prowl's case, there are only a handful of bots that are difficult to fight with him e.g. Bonecrusher and Nanojack.

An example of a bot that never makes my team is Mixmaster. If I need a Demo bot for any reason, it's never him. I would always choose someone like Megatronus or Galvatron, regardless of synergies.

Examples of situational bots, would be Grimlock and Cyclonus. Grimlock ALWAYS joins my raid team, even if there aren't any Warriors on D. He is simply too useful for countering HA, as well as shocks, burns etc.

For various Spotlights, where unstoppable is concerned, or Motormaster is on the path, I always take Cyclonus. Similarly, Grimlock always comes if Bonecrusher is on a path, while Rhinox comes for Megatronus.

There are some bots I simply never use, because other options are universally better. Examples would include Mixmaster, Dinobot, Blaster, Jetfire etc.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Accurate Tier List

Beyond God Tier
    - Jetfire

God Tier
    - Optimus Prime (GS)
    - Megatronus
    - Prowl
    - Optimus Primal

Demi-god Tier
    - Megatron (GS)
    - Motormaster
    - Drift
    - Scorponok
    - Windblade
    - Cheetor
    - Shockwave
    - Ratchet
    - Mirage
    - Galvatron
    - Ironhide

Great Tier
    - Dinobot
    - Optimus Prime (MV1)
    - Tantrum
    - Bludgeon
    - Arcee
    - Jazz
    - Kickback
    - Blaster
    - Rhinox
    - Waspinator

Useful Tier
    - Cyclonus
    - Bumblebee (DOTM)
    - Bonecrusher
    - Hot Rod
    - Barricade
    - Soundwave
    - Ramjet
    - Jetfire

Awwwright Tier
    - Starscream
    - Bumblebee (GS)
    - Grindor
    - Mixmaster

Big poo poo Tier
    - Ultra Magnus
    - Grimlock
    - Sideswipe

Did you get your Bees mixed up? Scout Bumblebee (shield break and power lock) is a lot more useful than DOTM Bee.
  • Bodyopus79Bodyopus79 Posts: 155
    I personally don't get people's disdain for ramjet. Granted, i never used him for a long time and mine is still sitting at r4, but i've noticed he's an incredible damage dealer. Plus he has some dandy synergies with MM and kickback.
    As for Sideswipe, i've always liked his speed and maneuverability, but he just doesn't do enough damage... One thought I had was maybe increase ignore armor along with his crit rate buffs.. And he needs some synergies, dammit.
  • NutjobNutjob Posts: 150
    Accurate Tier List

Beyond God Tier
    - Jetfire

God Tier
    - Optimus Prime (GS)
    - Megatronus
    - Prowl
    - Optimus Primal

Demi-god Tier
    - Megatron (GS)
    - Motormaster
    - Drift
    - Scorponok
    - Windblade
    - Cheetor
    - Shockwave
    - Ratchet
    - Mirage
    - Galvatron
    - Ironhide

Great Tier
    - Dinobot
    - Optimus Prime (MV1)
    - Tantrum
    - Bludgeon
    - Arcee
    - Jazz
    - Kickback
    - Blaster
    - Rhinox
    - Waspinator

Useful Tier
    - Cyclonus
    - Bumblebee (DOTM)
    - Bonecrusher
    - Hot Rod
    - Barricade
    - Soundwave
    - Ramjet
    - Jetfire

Awwwright Tier
    - Starscream
    - Bumblebee (GS)
    - Grindor
    - Mixmaster

Big poo poo Tier
    - Ultra Magnus
    - Grimlock
    - Sideswipe

Another point here, is that I assume your Grimlock is unduped? Once he's duped, he will become one of the most important bots on your entire roster. He counters a huge number of painful situations, from Bonecrusher, to shock block, to energon shield, to burns etc, etc, etc. MV1 Optimus is good, but he only works with bleeds. Grimlock ignores bleeds, shocks, and burns. Incredibly useful for raids, Spotlights, AMs, you name it.
  • Hbomb76Hbomb76 Posts: 101
    Megatronus is no way god tier, only good in base with robot resource & in spotlight with modes. God tier is bot that can fight other classes not just the one class.
  • Why
    Accurate Tier List

Beyond God Tier
    - Jetfire

God Tier
    - Optimus Prime (GS)
    - Megatronus
    - Prowl
    - Optimus Primal

Demi-god Tier
    - Megatron (GS)
    - Motormaster
    - Drift
    - Scorponok
    - Windblade
    - Cheetor
    - Shockwave
    - Ratchet
    - Mirage
    - Galvatron
    - Ironhide

Great Tier
    - Dinobot
    - Optimus Prime (MV1)
    - Tantrum
    - Bludgeon
    - Arcee
    - Jazz
    - Kickback
    - Blaster
    - Rhinox
    - Waspinator

Useful Tier
    - Cyclonus
    - Bumblebee (DOTM)
    - Bonecrusher
    - Hot Rod
    - Barricade
    - Soundwave
    - Ramjet
    - Jetfire

Awwwright Tier
    - Starscream
    - Bumblebee (GS)
    - Grindor
    - Mixmaster

Big poo poo Tier
    - Ultra Magnus
    - Grimlock
    - Sideswipe

Megatron (GS), Rhinox, Barricade, and Bonecrusher should be placed one tier higher.

And what about the Sharks?!?!?!
    edited March 2019
    Hbomb76 wrote: »
    Megatronus is no way god tier, only good in base with robot resource & in spotlight with modes. God tier is bot that can fight other classes not just the one class.

mate are you sure you are playing Transformers Forged to Fight?

Go take a look at the top alliances and then take a look at how many Megatronus' there are. We didn't all rank him up to sit on our bases. He can literally destroy any bot, any class in any mode on any mod. He does more damage than any other bot with his orange relic and can tank damage better than nearly any other bot with his blue relic. He can power steal and he can repair. He can do instant damage to bypass armour and shields. He can prevent buffs and debuffs when duped.

He is arguably THE God tier and the rest are beneath.
  • Hbomb76 wrote: »

Uhhh what? You really think he can only take on tacts? Those armour breaks, the heal steal and the dark burns can go through any brawlers armour (even primal). His sig can stop ANY debuff from being applied to him, he can crit on the last hit of his medium melee so his crits are kind of controlled, and he has a higher armour and attack rating then anyone else. I really have no idea what you are talking about
    edited March 2019
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    Did you get your Bees mixed up? Scout Bumblebee (shield break and power lock) is a lot more useful than DOTM Bee.

Nope. As much as I prefer Geewun over Bayverse, I can't deny that DOTM Bee is slightly better than GS Bee in terms of damage. Bay-Bee can stack his damage easily by spamming his heavies and SP1. He's a good bot for longer fights, like Mirage and Jazz. But since he only shines in those fights, I had to put him in Useful tier.
    You can also an hero his teammates to give him 2-4 temporary attack buffs, just to ramp up his damage earlier in battle

GS Bee on the other hand hits as hard as Side "pillow hands" Swipe. Those Shield Breaks are so far only great against Energon Shield mods in spotlight missions. What other special shields would he able to break? Rhinox's shields will immediately be nullified when he's struck, Mirage's shield only procs when you use a ranged special attack, Blaster's shield will expire before you can even land a crit, Jetfire's shield uhhh... maybe Soundwave's reflect shield?
    His Power Lock is somewhat useful in certain situations i.e. Power Rate/Power Gain mods.
    That being said, Bay Bumblebee > GS Bee.

My apologies to Manthro and Bumblebee

Nutjob wrote: »
    Another point here, is that I assume your Grimlock is unduped? Once he's duped, he will become one of the most important bots on your entire roster. He counters a huge number of painful situations, from Bonecrusher, to shock block, to energon shield, to burns etc, etc, etc. MV1 Optimus is good, but he only works with bleeds. Grimlock ignores bleeds, shocks, and burns. Incredibly useful for raids, Spotlights, AMs, you name it.

Ahhh...I should have put him on Awwright tier.
    I would have even put him on Great or Demi-god tier if it weren't for the Furry team cucking him and shaking the game's meta. Put his survivability/purification ability aside and you have a Sharkticon. Grimlock hits like Ratchet if you have enough melee damage buffs. Not to mention you have to keep spamming his heavies every seconds otherwise you'll lose those buffs, the main source of his damage.
    Grimlock is a literal 1-trick pony who isn't even great at its trick
    Megatron (GS), Rhinox, Barricade, and Bonecrusher should be placed one tier higher.

And what about the Sharks?!?!?!
    Because I'm bored

I did reconsider putting G1 Megs on God Tier along with his arch-nemesis Optimus Prime
    Speaking of Megatron, I think I forgot to include ROTF Megs (He's going to be in Great tier btw)

Barricade's backfire doesn't stack that often. What sucks is that you can't stack his SP1 BF. And is it just me or is Backfire a reverse-Confuse debuff? Don't get me wrong, my opponent sometimes does use a special attack when Backfire's active, but not as much they do without BF

Bonecrusher's heavy bleed damage is utter garbage, period
    Now, let's move on to his other types of bleed:
    - The best bleed he has comes from his SP1 but it hardly ever procs
    - His SP2 bleeds are just "fancier" versions of his heavy bleeds
    - His SP3 is pure trash and literally no one uses it
    His Anti-evade is no better, you already know how it works so I don't have to explain it here
    His signature ability relies on whether you can stack his bleeds. From what I've seen, it's not that good of a sig. Giving bleed duration increase would be much better than bleed damage increase, because that's what he needs right now. Without longer bleed effects, his Pure Hate absolutely blows
    BC is mostly used by newbies and inexperienced players whose only skill is spamming heavies until they eat an entire special attack from the opponent. But unlike Motormaster and Wheeljack, he's just extremely mediocre to the point that he's boring to play as
    Bonecrusher will just always be a "terrifying" Base Defender for those who can't counter him.

Comparing Sharkticons with these guys is like comparing pawns to knights, so I won't include them here