Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

new and improved tier list

2»

Comments

• Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Hbomb76 wrote: »
    Megatronus is no way god tier, only good in base with robot resource & in spotlight with modes. God tier is bot that can fight other classes not just the one class.

mate are you sure you are playing Transformers Forged to Fight?

Go take a look at the top alliances and then take a look at how many Megatronus' there are. We didn't all rank him up to sit on our bases. He can literally destroy any bot, any class in any mode on any mod. He does more damage than any other bot with his orange relic and can tank damage better than nearly any other bot with his blue relic. He can power steal and he can repair. He can do instant damage to bypass armour and shields. He can prevent buffs and debuffs when duped.

He is arguably THE God tier and the rest are beneath.
    Megatronus is no way god tier, only good in base with robot resource & in spotlight with modes. God tier is bot that can fight other classes not just the one class.

Uhhh what? You really think he can only take on tacts? Those armour breaks, the heal steal and the dark burns can go through any brawlers armour (even primal). His sig can stop ANY debuff from being applied to him, he can crit on the last hit of his medium melee so his crits are kind of controlled, and he has a higher armour and attack rating then anyone else. I really have no idea what you are talking about

Shhhh...Hbomb is just trying to prevent Kabam from nerfing him
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    they wont nerf the Tronus - too many people have got him and taken him up to r5 now!

As for your thoughts on G1 Bee - he breaks rhinox's shields all the time, if you attack blaster whilst he is blocking and land a heavy, the heavy lands before his shield expires.

Also, his sp1 boosts crit damage and he can stack crit rate charges an awful lot and hits harder than Swipe. He also gains an attack boost and power when duped - he's pretty awesome. Doesn't scale like DOTM Bee can in the much longer fights, but G1 Bee is perfect for spotlight and AM
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    they wont nerf the Tronus - too many people have got him and taken him up to r5 now!

As for your thoughts on G1 Bee - he breaks rhinox's shields all the time, if you attack blaster whilst he is blocking and land a heavy, the heavy lands before his shield expires.

Also, his sp1 boosts crit damage and he can stack crit rate charges an awful lot and hits harder than Swipe. He also gains an attack boost and power when duped - he's pretty awesome. Doesn't scale like DOTM Bee can in the much longer fights, but G1 Bee is perfect for spotlight and AM

I may have overlooked him, thanks for the detailed explantion, Dave
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    RE: Megatronus.

Yes, fantastic at MAX sig+forge on a RR in base defense.

But I've found 3 of his Achilles' Heel.

1. Motormaster.
    Keep blitz attacking + heavy, dodge his SP1, rinse, repeat.
    2. Rhinox.
    Heavies cancel out his SPs, learn to dodge his attacks, easy meat.
    3. Barricade (!)
    Dodge his attacks, spam him, melee, steal his power.

Mind you these are max 4* taking on R3/4 5* Tronus.

He's been found out.
    Without his RR mod he becomes an underwhelming geezer, with G1 Megs, Wheeljack, Cheetor, Grindor, Boney and Hotrod all making short work of him.
  • Options
    BlackRazak wrote: »

1. Motormaster.
    2. Rhinox.
    3. Barricade (!)

He's been found out.
    Without his RR mod he becomes an underwhelming geezer, with G1 Megs, Wheeljack, Cheetor, Grindor, Boney and Hotrod all making short work of him.

From a players perspective, as in using Mtronus, he is the best.
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    BlackRazak wrote: »

1. Motormaster.
    2. Rhinox.
    3. Barricade (!)

He's been found out.

From a players perspective, as in using Mtronus, he is the best.

Totally. He's M Bison and Akuma's top hat wearing love child.
    All the abilities you love.
    But doesn't he make the game boring or what!
  • Options
    kranderskranders Posts: 479
    This thread is quite entertaining and just more proof that people really don't take the time to learn the intricacies of bots. Trying to create a tier list is pointless just as many have said, there are a few bots that are overall better than any others but just about all of them fall into situational usefulness due to mods, sig level etc.

IMO Megatronus shouldn't have been released as he is far too overpowered and the proof is evident. You could argue the same for WJ as nano-repair certainly wasn't intended but he's still weaker than Megatronus.

Any other list is moot as there are too many factors like sig level, masteries, mods faced, etc. Take Cyclonus, he can nullify difficult buffs and I walked through the unstoppable Master lane with him as a 4* but virtually nobody knows how to fully utilize him. Max a G1 Bee sig and you'll have powerlock almost constantly. Max Prowl sig and you can prevent the enemy from ever having a special. A high sig UM with attack buff will destroy things and be tanky. Yet people make these lists when, if you're using 5*s, it's very likely your sigs are low so it's pointless.

Take Shockwave - an amazing bot who doesn't need his sig, probably top three if you didn't factor in sigs for any bots. Or Grimlock, without his sig he's useless but awakened he's one of the best.

Even take Sideswipe. He suffers from poor synergies but if you max his level, use his power gain and keep his crit buffs up he will still be great. He can get his s3 pretty quickly and can nullify anything or can maintain his evade with s2. I actually looked forward to his 5* but since Jazz came first and has better synergies I use him.

Play, experiment and ignore lists.
  • Options
    Hbomb76Hbomb76 Posts: 101
    Gunz0 wrote: »

Go take a look at the top alliances and then take a look at how many Megatronus' there are. We didn't all rank him up to sit on our bases. He can literally destroy any bot, any class in any mode on any mod. He does more damage than any other bot with his orange relic and can tank damage better than nearly any other bot with his blue relic. He can power steal and he can repair. He can do instant damage to bypass armour and shields. He can prevent buffs and debuffs when duped.

Uhhh what? You really think he can only take on tacts? Those armour breaks, the heal steal and the dark burns can go through any brawlers armour (even primal). His sig can stop ANY debuff from being applied to him, he can crit on the last hit of his medium melee so his crits are kind of controlled, and he has a higher armour and attack rating then anyone else. I really have no idea what you are talking about

5* is probably god tier but 4* is Defo not. Hes so slow against scouts, hes power steal & repair never happens because its takes too long to activate.
  • Options

5* is probably god tier but 4* is Defo not. Hes so slow against scouts, hes power steal & repair never happens because its takes too long to activate.

makes no sense mate
  • Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    Did you get your Bees mixed up? Scout Bumblebee (shield break and power lock) is a lot more useful than DOTM Bee.

Nope. As much as I prefer Geewun over Bayverse, I can't deny that DOTM Bee is slightly better than GS Bee in terms of damage. Bay-Bee can stack his damage easily by spamming his heavies and SP1. He's a good bot for longer fights, like Mirage and Jazz. But since he only shines in those fights, I had to put him in Useful tier.
    You can also an hero his teammates to give him 2-4 temporary attack buffs, just to ramp up his damage earlier in battle

GS Bee on the other hand hits as hard as Side "pillow hands" Swipe. Those Shield Breaks are so far only great against Energon Shield mods in spotlight missions. What other special shields would he able to break? Rhinox's shields will immediately be nullified when he's struck, Mirage's shield only procs when you use a ranged special attack, Blaster's shield will expire before you can even land a crit, Jetfire's shield uhhh... maybe Soundwave's reflect shield?
    His Power Lock is somewhat useful in certain situations i.e. Power Rate/Power Gain mods.
    That being said, Bay Bumblebee > GS Bee.

My apologies to Manthro and Bumblebee

Don't forget the ever popular Wheeljack's shield. And scout Bee gets an evade buff just from dashing back, can save your butt sometimes.

That said, useful in my mind is apparently different than what you meant. Useful to me means he has some particular ability that can, let's say, help shut down or negate an opponents ability. Not that attack buffs aren't useful but there aren't really any situations where I would say yeah DOTM Bee is a counter to mod "X" or bot "Y". If I'm going for damage over a long fight I'll take an Optimus or Megatron.
  • Options
    CancerousTumorCancerousTumor Posts: 12
    edited March 2019
    Okay guys, after reading all the comments I can safely say that this community is very opinionated. However, can we agree on the fact that Hound and Jetfire need a buff?

Edit: Oh yeah, I don't think we should make tier lists anymore...
  • Options
    Okay guys, after reading all the comments I can safely say that this community is very opinionated. However, can we agree on the fact that Hound and Jetfire need a buff?

Hound, yes, he has a desperate need for it.

Jetfire, on the other hand, I'm not too sure. Tbh, I don't have too much experience with him. The experience that I've had with him hasn't been satisfactory but I've been hearing mixed feelings from those that have mastered him.
  • Options
    CancerousTumorCancerousTumor Posts: 12
    edited March 2019

Jetfire, on the other hand, I'm not too sure. Tbh, I don't have too much experience with him. The experience that I've had with him hasn't been satisfactory but I've been hearing mixed feelings from those that have mastered him.

He's ok but he is probably the weakest tech bot besides the tech sharkticon. However, at least the tech sharkticon can have good synergies, jetfire doesn't have any good synergies at the moment
  • Options

He's ok but he is probably the weakest tech bot besides the tech sharkticon. However, at least the tech sharkticon can have good synergies, jetfire doesn't have any good synergies at the moment

Lol what? Jetfire is far from the weakest tech bot... And his synergy with Starscream is amazing. Not to mention the 5* gives a crit rate buff rather than power gain.

If you can play the game well and adapt, then a duped Jeffire is seriously good. If you aren't interested in playing any different to how you normally would and want a one dimensional character then yeah, Jetfire isn't the bot you want. Mine destroys everything though.
  • Options

Lol what? Jetfire is far from the weakest tech bot... And his synergy with Starscream is amazing. Not to mention the 5* gives a crit rate buff rather than power gain.

If you can play the game well and adapt, then a duped Jeffire is seriously good. If you aren't interested in playing any different to how you normally would and want a one dimensional character then yeah, Jetfire isn't the bot you want. Mine destroys everything though.

Not that I’m saying I’m an expert, but I’ve seen jet fire used expertly. He has an amazing arsenal and good utility.

Same goes with any bot though really, use him the way he’s supposed to be used and he’ll do well. The main reason I massively prefer this game to the other unnamed game, when you absolutely need the top champs or your going nowhere.

Shockwave still rules the roost on a personal level though. But jetfire is good when used correctly
  • Options

Not that I’m saying I’m an expert, but I’ve seen jet fire used expertly. He has an amazing arsenal and good utility.

Same goes with any bot though really, use him the way he’s supposed to be used and he’ll do well. The main reason I massively prefer this game to the other unnamed game, when you absolutely need the top champs or your going nowhere.

Shockwave still rules the roost on a personal level though. But jetfire is good when used correctly

Shockwave is my favourite bot because he is just really simple to use and does an absolute ton of damage, tanks ranged shots and gets the energy charges and his power control is second to none, as well as the amazing synergy he can get.

Jetfire is just really complex so you have to have a clear idea of what you want to do in each fight - like against WJ you need to get a charge so when that shield procs you can launch a heavy and get the shock. Against tronus you want to stack as many charges as possible and try and either finish him with a massive s1 to bypass immortality or get off an s2 to build shields. Just a couple of niche fights and how you want them to go really. Against MV Megs, you can get to 10 stacks before an s1, and then you can just blast him away because the ranged boost is just insane.