Home General Discussion

OVERLORD.

2

Comments

  • AirComm72AirComm72 Posts: 18
    edited March 2019
    That figures. It was exciting while it lasted - I guess I can put my wallet away.
  • DeadMemeBoiDeadMemeBoi Posts: 140
    I hate to be the one to burst the bubble here, but this is just the Bot Chip arena with a more exciting name. :disappointed: I'm sorry y'all!

    We better get Rodimus soon to remedy this disappointment 😉
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,496
    I hate to be the one to burst the bubble here, but this is just the Bot Chip arena with a more exciting name. :disappointed: I'm sorry y'all!

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... it could've been amazing!
    Guess this means unicron's 1st then overlord?
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,017
    Guys...no bots are coming soon...stash your wallet for the anniversary...bots *may* be back then
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,058
    I hate to be the one to burst the bubble here, but this is just the Bot Chip arena with a more exciting name. :disappointed: I'm sorry y'all!

    😂😂😂😭
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,779
    edited March 2019
    Nice, right after i do 800K points with one run.
    Looks like it'll be a relaxing week, then

    Expert TROLLING by Kabam

    Next Bot Chip Arena:
    Unicron's Breakfast Burrito
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,779
    Kabam, to all of us, RIGHT NOW
    2jiz4xal1nui.jpg
  • CarrotBoy2kCarrotBoy2k Posts: 158
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Kabam, to all of us, RIGHT NOW

    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THANKYOUFORTHAT.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,775
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Nice, right after i do 800K points with one run.
    Looks like it'll be a relaxing week, then

    Expert TROLLING by Kabam

    Next Bot Chip Arena:
    Unicron's Breakfast Burrito

    They said no new bots. 2 and a half months ago. They haven't said there will be new bots. They wont do it by naming an arena. They will put a stickied thread at the top and put it in news and announcements.

    Until then everyone needs to just stop
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,019
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Nice, right after i do 800K points with one run.
    Looks like it'll be a relaxing week, then

    Expert TROLLING by Kabam

    Next Bot Chip Arena:
    Unicron's Breakfast Burrito

    Next time check the rewards before going bonkers.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,020
    I hate to be the one to burst the bubble here, but this is just the Bot Chip arena with a more exciting name. :disappointed: I'm sorry y'all!
    O no what a heart ache 😖 hopefully New bots start coming up for the 2nd Anniversary
    I still don’t understand why MCOC gets so many new story modes and new characters each month
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,775
    Jazz444 wrote: »
    I hate to be the one to burst the bubble here, but this is just the Bot Chip arena with a more exciting name. :disappointed: I'm sorry y'all!
    O no what a heart ache 😖 hopefully New bots start coming up for the 2nd Anniversary
    I still don’t understand why MCOC gets so many new story modes and new characters each month

    LICENSING AGREEMENTS.

    Why wont people just believe what they read?
  • DaveJL wrote: »
    Jazz444 wrote: »
    I hate to be the one to burst the bubble here, but this is just the Bot Chip arena with a more exciting name. :disappointed: I'm sorry y'all!
    O no what a heart ache 😖 hopefully New bots start coming up for the 2nd Anniversary
    I still don’t understand why MCOC gets so many new story modes and new characters each month

    LICENSING AGREEMENTS.

    Why wont people just believe what they read?

    Was that ever confirmed or just speculated?
  • SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    I hate to be the one to burst the bubble here, but this is just the Bot Chip arena with a more exciting name. :disappointed: I'm sorry y'all!

    You didnt just burst the bubble, you attached C4 to it. :(
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,775
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Jazz444 wrote: »
    I hate to be the one to burst the bubble here, but this is just the Bot Chip arena with a more exciting name. :disappointed: I'm sorry y'all!
    O no what a heart ache 😖 hopefully New bots start coming up for the 2nd Anniversary
    I still don’t understand why MCOC gets so many new story modes and new characters each month

    LICENSING AGREEMENTS.

    Why wont people just believe what they read?

    Was that ever confirmed or just speculated?

    It will never be confirmed. But they said there will not be new bots. Kabam's office is literally next door to the Marvel office and they have a great relationship - always have from what I can gather.

    But breaking it down, new bots was literally the only form of new content we had. It was probably the #1 thing bringing in revenue from Energon for crystal purchases or for raids. It was keeping players interested.

    What possible reason could there be for stopping the development of 1 bot per month? Was it staffing? I'm sure they could hire or transfer etc if it was.

    It's not a distinct lack of material from which to release new bots or a lack of ideas.

    What else makes ANY sense? Someone noted that other TF products had abruptly stopped around the same time - a Youtube channel I believe was one of them?

    Come on, being real here, whether they say COC and TF are going in different directions is one thing but at the core they are very similar and have a similar formula. A key part of the success of that formula is new characters in a character based game. Nothing else stopping them from developing more characters other than rights. Can't be.
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 615
    I hate to be the one to burst the bubble here, but this is just the Bot Chip arena with a more exciting name. :disappointed: I'm sorry y'all!

    OH COME ON, MAN!! DON’T TEASE US LIKE THAT, CHIEF!!
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,020
    edited March 2019
    @DaveJL don’t worry bud @Kabam Miike and @Kabam Vydious already said new things are coming 😁👍
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited March 2019
    DaveJL wrote: »
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Jazz444 wrote: »
    I hate to be the one to burst the bubble here, but this is just the Bot Chip arena with a more exciting name. :disappointed: I'm sorry y'all!
    O no what a heart ache 😖 hopefully New bots start coming up for the 2nd Anniversary
    I still don’t understand why MCOC gets so many new story modes and new characters each month

    LICENSING AGREEMENTS.

    Why wont people just believe what they read?

    Was that ever confirmed or just speculated?

    It will never be confirmed. But they said there will not be new bots. Kabam's office is literally next door to the Marvel office and they have a great relationship - always have from what I can gather.

    But breaking it down, new bots was literally the only form of new content we had. It was probably the #1 thing bringing in revenue from Energon for crystal purchases or for raids. It was keeping players interested.

    What possible reason could there be for stopping the development of 1 bot per month? Was it staffing? I'm sure they could hire or transfer etc if it was.

    It's not a distinct lack of material from which to release new bots or a lack of ideas.

    What else makes ANY sense? Someone noted that other TF products had abruptly stopped around the same time - a Youtube channel I believe was one of them?

    Come on, being real here, whether they say COC and TF are going in different directions is one thing but at the core they are very similar and have a similar formula. A key part of the success of that formula is new characters in a character based game. Nothing else stopping them from developing more characters other than rights. Can't be.

    Well, everyone speculated that the reason why the X-men weren't in Marvel vs Capcom Infinite was because Fox owned the rights to the X-men films, so Marvel just decided not to use them. However, that was not the case, as the X-men weren't in the game because they thought the developers they weren't relevant anymore (which is stupid if you ask me). It was all just a coincidence, just like Machinma pulling down the YouTube series. What I'm trying to say with this is that no matter how hard someone can speculate and dig up information, it's still just speculation as we still don't fully know. I mean, are we 100% sure that it's licensing issues? I wish Kabam would just tell us what happened. But like you have stated, nothing will be confirmed.

    But your has comment addressed that there is speculation, yet you say that people should believe what they read? I like you DaveJL, I believe you are one of the most constructive members of this forum, but that comment was just a little ironic.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,779
    edited March 2019
    @ScarredArachnid333 so wrong.
    THESE are the most constructive things on the forums!
    l34r8677bpf0.gif

    Lame and proud, obviously
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited March 2019
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    @ScarredArachnid333 so wrong.
    THESE are the most constructive things on the forums!
    l34r8677bpf0.gif

    Lame and proud, obviously

    Well, there's a reason DaveJL's profile pic is a Constructicon.

    He's constructive.

    *Insert Seinfeld theme here*
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,123
    I'm expecting GI Joe..
    Was Overlord considered a Titan?
    I hate to be the one to burst the bubble here, but this is just the Bot Chip arena with a more exciting name. :disappointed: I'm sorry y'all!

    And @Kabam Miike , no matter what you say, were gonna expect something TOTALLY different lol.
    You're a sly one.
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    I also feel like the GI joe thing could happen.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,938
    The truth hurts, but not as painful as not getting Overlord
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,775
    DaveJL wrote: »
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Jazz444 wrote: »
    I hate to be the one to burst the bubble here, but this is just the Bot Chip arena with a more exciting name. :disappointed: I'm sorry y'all!
    O no what a heart ache 😖 hopefully New bots start coming up for the 2nd Anniversary
    I still don’t understand why MCOC gets so many new story modes and new characters each month

    LICENSING AGREEMENTS.

    Why wont people just believe what they read?

    Was that ever confirmed or just speculated?

    It will never be confirmed. But they said there will not be new bots. Kabam's office is literally next door to the Marvel office and they have a great relationship - always have from what I can gather.

    But breaking it down, new bots was literally the only form of new content we had. It was probably the #1 thing bringing in revenue from Energon for crystal purchases or for raids. It was keeping players interested.

    What possible reason could there be for stopping the development of 1 bot per month? Was it staffing? I'm sure they could hire or transfer etc if it was.

    It's not a distinct lack of material from which to release new bots or a lack of ideas.

    What else makes ANY sense? Someone noted that other TF products had abruptly stopped around the same time - a Youtube channel I believe was one of them?

    Come on, being real here, whether they say COC and TF are going in different directions is one thing but at the core they are very similar and have a similar formula. A key part of the success of that formula is new characters in a character based game. Nothing else stopping them from developing more characters other than rights. Can't be.

    Well, everyone speculated that the reason why the X-men weren't in Marvel vs Capcom Infinite was because Fox owned the rights to the X-men films, so Marvel just decided not to use them. However, that was not the case, as the X-men weren't in the game because they thought the developers they weren't relevant anymore (which is stupid if you ask me). It was all just a coincidence, just like Machinma pulling down the YouTube series. What I'm trying to say with this is that no matter how hard someone can speculate and dig up information, it's still just speculation as we still don't fully know. I mean, are we 100% sure that it's licensing issues? I wish Kabam would just tell us what happened. But like you have stated, nothing will be confirmed.

    But your has comment addressed that there is speculation, yet you say that people should believe what they read? I like you DaveJL, I believe you are one of the most constructive members of this forum, but that comment was just a little ironic.

    You've misunderstood and I can totally see why. But I'll explain.

    Everyone read the thread that said they have no plans to release any new bots for the foreseeable future - why don't people just believe that? I think if they had plans to release any new bots, bearing (yes, bear this time) in mind that that was and still is the largest point of contention between players and this game (and maybe lack of new content) then I think they would announce it as soon as it was confirmed. I just don't think they would put a little picture of Rodimus or name an arena Overlord, over making a big announcement. I also think the announcement would come with time to spare. New bots wouldn't just be an "idea" for them, like changing a game mode or adding a game mode - there is legality involved and then after the legality there is just feasability, which we know they can develop new characters so I think if or when they intend to start adding new bots, it will be a straight forward announcement. The reason they don't announce things further in advance is because sometimes things don't pan out - but new bots isn't something that might not work or might hit a snag, as they can definitely do it.

    As per the other speculation, yes I know it isn't absolutely 100% but I think logically it's the most likely answer. I'm not saying people should believe it, I was saying they should just believe Kabam when they say NO NEW BOTS. I would hope, however, that if someone wanted an answer as to why no new bots were coming that they could reason through it in their own mind and find a satisfactory answer. To me, it's either they can't or wont. If they wont, then I'm guessing it's for financial reasons as they're a business and it wouldn't make commercial sense to stop. If they can't, then I'm guessing it's for legal reasons because on another not too dissimilar game they churn out two a month...
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,779
    edited March 2019
    @DaveJL hence the "thanks for playing, don't give up hope!" comments from various Kabam mods, plunging the game into limbo.
    The remaining active players need to remain steadfast, play/pay as economically feasible and spread the word about what a great game this is.
    Tell your friends.
    Rope them in.
    And do not spread negativity, as Kabam ARE WORKING ON SOMETHING.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,775
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    @DaveJL hence the "thanks for playing, don't give up hope!" comments from various Kabam mods, plunging the game into limbo.
    The remaining active players need to remain steadfast, play/pay as economically feasible and spread the word about what a great game this is.
    Tell your friends.
    Rope them in.
    And do not spread negativity, as Kabam ARE WORKING ON SOMETHING.

    I get that, but what they are working on is likely new content rather than new characters. I speak in defense of their policy of not giving info away. I play, a lot. I pay, not that much any more but I do.
    I'm not being negative, I feel I am being realistic...

    bnmfcoo8y5lz.png
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,779
    edited March 2019
    @DaveJL didn't mean you, dude, but the community.
    You at least have articulation and valid points a plenty.
    I'm talking about the inept, low level guys or salty whales moaning about how they're not getting a Bentley of a game experience for Fiesta investment, be it time or dosh.

    It's almost as if they'd rather F2F fail out of spite/rubbish skills/torrid comprehension
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,775
    Oh. Well, that's ok then. In that case. I agree but only usually say that stuff on LINE where they can't read it...
  • BlackRazak wrote: »
    Unlike Liege Maximo or Straxus,
    I feel Overlord, Tarn, Deathsaurus (hahahaha) and Magmatron are hyped beyond belief.

    Real champs like Thunderwing, Sixshot and BlackRazak (teehee ok BlackZarak) get absolutely no love from TF fans nowadays.

    Wait till they turn losers like RoadCaesar, SixTrain or even BUMBLEBEE into world beaters

    Oops

    Still, any new Bot is very very much welcome

    #RoadCaesarsenpai
Sign In or Register to comment.