Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

OVERLORD.

13»

Comments

• Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    edited March 2019
    Edit: Oops. Misread.
  • DaveJL wrote: »
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Jazz444 wrote: »
    I hate to be the one to burst the bubble here, but this is just the Bot Chip arena with a more exciting name. :disappointed: I'm sorry y'all!
    O no what a heart ache 😖 hopefully New bots start coming up for the 2nd Anniversary
    I still don’t understand why MCOC gets so many new story modes and new characters each month

LICENSING AGREEMENTS.

Why wont people just believe what they read?

Was that ever confirmed or just speculated?

It will never be confirmed. But they said there will not be new bots. Kabam's office is literally next door to the Marvel office and they have a great relationship - always have from what I can gather.

But breaking it down, new bots was literally the only form of new content we had. It was probably the #1 thing bringing in revenue from Energon for crystal purchases or for raids. It was keeping players interested.

What possible reason could there be for stopping the development of 1 bot per month? Was it staffing? I'm sure they could hire or transfer etc if it was.

It's not a distinct lack of material from which to release new bots or a lack of ideas.

What else makes ANY sense? Someone noted that other TF products had abruptly stopped around the same time - a Youtube channel I believe was one of them?

Come on, being real here, whether they say COC and TF are going in different directions is one thing but at the core they are very similar and have a similar formula. A key part of the success of that formula is new characters in a character based game. Nothing else stopping them from developing more characters other than rights. Can't be.

Well, everyone speculated that the reason why the X-men weren't in Marvel vs Capcom Infinite was because Fox owned the rights to the X-men films, so Marvel just decided not to use them. However, that was not the case, as the X-men weren't in the game because they thought the developers they weren't relevant anymore (which is stupid if you ask me). It was all just a coincidence, just like Machinma pulling down the YouTube series. What I'm trying to say with this is that no matter how hard someone can speculate and dig up information, it's still just speculation as we still don't fully know. I mean, are we 100% sure that it's licensing issues? I wish Kabam would just tell us what happened. But like you have stated, nothing will be confirmed.

But your has comment addressed that there is speculation, yet you say that people should believe what they read? I like you DaveJL, I believe you are one of the most constructive members of this forum, but that comment was just a little ironic.

You've misunderstood and I can totally see why. But I'll explain.

Everyone read the thread that said they have no plans to release any new bots for the foreseeable future - why don't people just believe that? I think if they had plans to release any new bots, bearing (yes, bear this time) in mind that that was and still is the largest point of contention between players and this game (and maybe lack of new content) then I think they would announce it as soon as it was confirmed. I just don't think they would put a little picture of Rodimus or name an arena Overlord, over making a big announcement. I also think the announcement would come with time to spare. New bots wouldn't just be an "idea" for them, like changing a game mode or adding a game mode - there is legality involved and then after the legality there is just feasability, which we know they can develop new characters so I think if or when they intend to start adding new bots, it will be a straight forward announcement. The reason they don't announce things further in advance is because sometimes things don't pan out - but new bots isn't something that might not work or might hit a snag, as they can definitely do it.

As per the other speculation, yes I know it isn't absolutely 100% but I think logically it's the most likely answer. I'm not saying people should believe it, I was saying they should just believe Kabam when they say NO NEW BOTS. I would hope, however, that if someone wanted an answer as to why no new bots were coming that they could reason through it in their own mind and find a satisfactory answer. To me, it's either they can't or wont. If they wont, then I'm guessing it's for financial reasons as they're a business and it wouldn't make commercial sense to stop. If they can't, then I'm guessing it's for legal reasons because on another not too dissimilar game they churn out two a month...

I think people (myself included) are just acting optimistic for new Bots to appear because they're just desperate for new Bots.
    But as you've said, if we look at this realisticly, we don't even know if they ever will come back. I myself still am trying to sink in the fact that they won't be coming back.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Jazz444 wrote: »
    I hate to be the one to burst the bubble here, but this is just the Bot Chip arena with a more exciting name. :disappointed: I'm sorry y'all!
    O no what a heart ache 😖 hopefully New bots start coming up for the 2nd Anniversary
    I still don’t understand why MCOC gets so many new story modes and new characters each month

LICENSING AGREEMENTS.

Why wont people just believe what they read?

Was that ever confirmed or just speculated?

It will never be confirmed. But they said there will not be new bots. Kabam's office is literally next door to the Marvel office and they have a great relationship - always have from what I can gather.

But breaking it down, new bots was literally the only form of new content we had. It was probably the #1 thing bringing in revenue from Energon for crystal purchases or for raids. It was keeping players interested.

What possible reason could there be for stopping the development of 1 bot per month? Was it staffing? I'm sure they could hire or transfer etc if it was.

It's not a distinct lack of material from which to release new bots or a lack of ideas.

What else makes ANY sense? Someone noted that other TF products had abruptly stopped around the same time - a Youtube channel I believe was one of them?

Come on, being real here, whether they say COC and TF are going in different directions is one thing but at the core they are very similar and have a similar formula. A key part of the success of that formula is new characters in a character based game. Nothing else stopping them from developing more characters other than rights. Can't be.

Well, everyone speculated that the reason why the X-men weren't in Marvel vs Capcom Infinite was because Fox owned the rights to the X-men films, so Marvel just decided not to use them. However, that was not the case, as the X-men weren't in the game because they thought the developers they weren't relevant anymore (which is stupid if you ask me). It was all just a coincidence, just like Machinma pulling down the YouTube series. What I'm trying to say with this is that no matter how hard someone can speculate and dig up information, it's still just speculation as we still don't fully know. I mean, are we 100% sure that it's licensing issues? I wish Kabam would just tell us what happened. But like you have stated, nothing will be confirmed.

But your has comment addressed that there is speculation, yet you say that people should believe what they read? I like you DaveJL, I believe you are one of the most constructive members of this forum, but that comment was just a little ironic.

You've misunderstood and I can totally see why. But I'll explain.

Everyone read the thread that said they have no plans to release any new bots for the foreseeable future - why don't people just believe that? I think if they had plans to release any new bots, bearing (yes, bear this time) in mind that that was and still is the largest point of contention between players and this game (and maybe lack of new content) then I think they would announce it as soon as it was confirmed. I just don't think they would put a little picture of Rodimus or name an arena Overlord, over making a big announcement. I also think the announcement would come with time to spare. New bots wouldn't just be an "idea" for them, like changing a game mode or adding a game mode - there is legality involved and then after the legality there is just feasability, which we know they can develop new characters so I think if or when they intend to start adding new bots, it will be a straight forward announcement. The reason they don't announce things further in advance is because sometimes things don't pan out - but new bots isn't something that might not work or might hit a snag, as they can definitely do it.

As per the other speculation, yes I know it isn't absolutely 100% but I think logically it's the most likely answer. I'm not saying people should believe it, I was saying they should just believe Kabam when they say NO NEW BOTS. I would hope, however, that if someone wanted an answer as to why no new bots were coming that they could reason through it in their own mind and find a satisfactory answer. To me, it's either they can't or wont. If they wont, then I'm guessing it's for financial reasons as they're a business and it wouldn't make commercial sense to stop. If they can't, then I'm guessing it's for legal reasons because on another not too dissimilar game they churn out two a month...

I think people (myself included) are just acting optimistic for new Bots to appear because they're just desperate for new Bots.
    But as you've said, if we look at this realisticly, we don't even know if they ever will come back. I myself still am trying to sink in the fact that they won't be coming back.

Well I've shown how much I play the game - I want the same thing. Just trying to prevent the rollercoaster and have some plain sailing. The inevitable backlash after lots of unrealised hype is a furious community because people take it as gospel that a new bot is coming. Only had to read the Rodimus threads to see that...