Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Game is breaking the rules.

Comments

• CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    edited June 2019
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    It's becoming really prevalent lately in Master. You charge in at a downed bot for them to get up triggering a special, or when you sidestep and they nail you anyway.

Yeah, curving dashes have been the AIs specialty for years, and it never really stops stinging when you clearly sidestep and the AI clearly doesn't care. Grimlock, Motormaster, Primal and occasionally Cheetor getting to override your counter with the second hit of their combo stings almost as much, but at least you can (sometimes) take advantage of that yourself.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Just had Windblade literally trigger her sp3 in the middle of my combo at 4%health left. I had one more hit left on her but the game decided she was gonna **** my move and do her own thing.
    @Kabam Vydious this is getting a bit tiresome.
    So another issue I've been having since the update....my bots randomly firing off sp1s without touching the button..of course it's also NEVER in range of making contact either.
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    So another issue I've been having since the update....my bots randomly firing off sp1s without touching the button..of course it's also NEVER in range of making contact either.

Man. It also happen to me. A lot.
    I keep putting in tickets, sending messages, keep getting ignored. Its becoming obvious this is an intentional game mechanic.
    It's the Sharks that are the biggest issues. I had a scout..again...trigger a special during a critical strike. The yellow "1520" was shown IN the special animation.
    This is a cash grab and pretty sure it's somehow illegal. Between my bots firing off unintentional moves losing me matches and the AI just working one step ahead, it's a wonder Kabam has any players left.
    Finally got a reply to a ticket I sent it. It sent me to a "known issues" link to the MCoC game.
    Fills me with confidence.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    Finally got a reply to a ticket I sent it. It sent me to a "known issues" link to the MCoC game.
    Fills me with confidence.

Haha...that is very telling. Their "issue" is that MCOC is taking up all of their time and resources and therefore your issues in TFTF are at the bottom of the pile.
    Just wanted to drop in and let you know I'm looking at this thread. I'll be bringing more eyes to it tomorrow.

Just a reminder...this was posted on June 16th.
    It's July 3rd now and no updates.
    Rocsolid wrote: »
    It's becoming really prevalent lately in Master. You charge in at a downed bot for them to get up triggering a special, or when you sidestep and they nail you anyway.

This would be general timing. The higher the rating the higher chance they counter your move.

This is not "general timing", this is the game doing something a player cannot do.
    Look at the list of complaints. There's a CLEAR issue with cheating. If you land a hit, the opponent should not be able to hit you back WHILE you're landing said hit.
    The AI shouldn't be able to break your block if he's not in an unlockable buff, which just happened to me 3x in Master. Blocking a special and Bam, hit. Block broken.
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302

This would be general timing. The higher the rating the higher chance they counter your move.

This is not "general timing", this is the game doing something a player cannot do.
    Look at the list of complaints. There's a CLEAR issue with cheating. If you land a hit, the opponent should not be able to hit you back WHILE you're landing said hit.
    The AI shouldn't be able to break your block if he's not in an unlockable buff, which just happened to me 3x in Master. Blocking a special and Bam, hit. Block broken.

Which bot? Which mod combination? Master level ai is very similar to am map3 95ish. I've never had this happen, now with that said I very rarely block any sp so it could be a thing.
    I have had the first hit of my sp get blocked and the next go through it as the other bot pulls the block down. However this doesnt happen on master 3.2 as the other bot is smart enough not to drop the block.
    @Rocsolid the worst offenders honestly are the Sharks. I've noticed a few regular bits doing these things but not enough to be a regular occurrence, but the Sharks are another matter entirely. They are SO buggy, and it seems they move one step ahead.
    I'm in an Android. I've watched iNightSkies videos and cannot see how he makes his bots move as he does...mine just won't move. I'm on a new phone, OppoR17 pro, which is basically the Australian version of the Galaxy 10 I believe.
    It seems when my game is really on and I'm doing well, my bot begins to freeze. They punch at air, refuse to dash, drop blocks, rush in towards the opponent, and fire off specials just at random.
    Idk if there's a difference in the coding between iOS and Android, but I know other players are getting it done, yet MANY have the same issues I do, and they're all well documented.
  • PiconiaPiconia Posts: 106
    edited July 2019
    @Rocsolid the worst offenders honestly are the Sharks. I've noticed a few regular bits doing these things but not enough to be a regular occurrence, but the Sharks are another matter entirely. They are SO buggy, and it seems they move one step ahead.
    I'm in an Android. I've watched iNightSkies videos and cannot see how he makes his bots move as he does...mine just won't move. I'm on a new phone, OppoR17 pro, which is basically the Australian version of the Galaxy 10 I believe.
    It seems when my game is really on and I'm doing well, my bot begins to freeze. They punch at air, refuse to dash, drop blocks, rush in towards the opponent, and fire off specials just at random.
    Idk if there's a difference in the coding between iOS and Android, but I know other players are getting it done, yet MANY have the same issues I do, and they're all well documented.

Have you tryed turning it on and off?
    /joke

You could try to see if it handles the same wi-fi vs carrier mobile data. If there's no difference it might just be a phone related issue. I got an old 2014 Sony Xperia Z3+ and prior to it catching fire after 5-6 minutes the game works really well, no matter what is active (carrier or wifi).

Hey bro, since I dont see what ur talking about I made a vid. Is there anything you see here that's what you are talking about?
    Sorry about the pause halfway through, I was getting bitten by a skeetor. Lol
  • HalloweendmHalloweendm Posts: 395
    One of my "favorites" that the sharks seem to do at higher difficulties is:
    Stop (at any distance from me), shoot three times at me, and before their shots hit--sidestep, dash forward and start punching me and THEN their three shots slam into me while I'm getting punched.
    or this one: While getting punched by me, they backstep just out of range instead of being unable to act while being comboed, then dash forward and interrupt my combo with a new combo of their own that I cannot block because I'm still in the animation of punching them (which still doesn't connect even though they're dashing forward into my attack).

And there's the regular stuff that happens a lot like sidestepping 2-3 times for EACH shot I fire at them, sidestepping above (or below) my shot, sidestepping back INTO the path of my shot, and then sidestepping again out of the way of the shot before THAT shot gets to them, and then doing it for every subsequent shot. That's just the AI showing off though. A lot of the time, they just ignore my shot, phase right through it, and either start shooting me, or just dash into my face while I'm shooting theirs to no effect.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited July 2019
    One of my "favorites" that the sharks seem to do at higher difficulties is:
    Stop (at any distance from me), shoot three times at me, and before their shots hit--sidestep, dash forward and start punching me and THEN their three shots slam into me while I'm getting punched.
    or this one: While getting punched by me, they backstep just out of range instead of being unable to act while being comboed, then dash forward and interrupt my combo with a new combo of their own that I cannot block because I'm still in the animation of punching them (which still doesn't connect even though they're dashing forward into my attack).

And there's the regular stuff that happens a lot like sidestepping 2-3 times for EACH shot I fire at them, sidestepping above (or below) my shot, sidestepping back INTO the path of my shot, and then sidestepping again out of the way of the shot before THAT shot gets to them, and then doing it for every subsequent shot. That's just the AI showing off though. A lot of the time, they just ignore my shot, phase right through it, and either start shooting me, or just dash into my face while I'm shooting theirs to no effect.

I don't think they can outrun three shots to melee hit you. That would be Chuck Norris' doing lol.
  • Experiencing the same issue, in all game modes, of these opponents taking control in the middle of a combo, either dashing or attacking.
    It's always been the case I believe, and I've always found it a pain as I cannot do the same, but it's becoming really the general case now.

(I'm on Android)
    Watch when they do what you say, I'd put money on you being able to do the same.
  • Phoenix8318Phoenix8318 Posts: 117
    I just completed master spotlight, and from 2 2-3.2 hardest paths, I got punched so many times because my bots just whiffed right trough without hits, got a special to my face when I pinned a opponent to the wall and was mid-combo etc etc.

These things are really not normal and since 8.1 it has gotten to a point where you cant compete with it at all. Before the update you could manage around the bugs and cheats at least for the most part. This NEEDS attention from the Devs!
  • CampxrayCampxray Posts: 19
    Kabam has got to make their $$ some how, thanks for crushing the players Kabam. Things are getting a bit out of control w/the hard movement toward alpha spark, tier 4 class sparks and not enough to keep players adrift w/the rapidly developing advancements in the game.

#stopthebleeding

Respectfully,
    Energon213
    I'd record ur fights, watch them and learn how it happens. I've seen players use 0 items in the top 6, if this were an actual major problem that was not ai related these players could not do this. Top6 fights last way above what a sm hard path takes for hits.
    I mean this as no offense to anyone.
    I'd record ur fights, watch them and learn how it happens. I've seen players use 0 items in the top 6, if this were an actual major problem that was not ai related these players could not do this. Top6 fights last way above what a sm hard path takes for hits.
    I mean this as no offense to anyone.

I don't take it as offense,and I've seen some absolutely master level skill, but not using items could possibly mean your not is tough enough to handle such hits. My top bit is only 4/40 unduped 5* OG. He can take a hit like a man but still gets handled from time to time, usually on high level lanes. If ALL my bits were topped out I'd have the collective health to handle a cheat now and then, but I rely on skill,and skill just isn't enough in some cases.
    It's also hard to tell if this IS a software issue between operating systems. I know iPhones have totally different graphics than an Android with the same processing power,which means something is different between the 2.
    Just a thought...I really don't know coding so what I say may make no sense...point is, there are far too many examples to be shrugged off as lack of skill.
    Hell I can make it through Expert lanes without so much and getting hit once in some cases, same in AM. We're running 45 today and it seems like an easy time compared to my skill level say...3 months ago.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    I know this has been reported before.....

When you have a Special 3 ready and you're tapping away on the button while your opponent is on the ground and the AI overrules you and gives them the special instead.

Why in the world is there any kind of need to have the opposing bot get up before you can activate an SP3?? They are supposed to be at your mercy in that case.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

When you have a Special 3 ready and you're tapping away on the button while your opponent is on the ground and the AI overrules you and gives them the special instead.

Why in the world is there any kind of need to have the opposing bot get up before you can activate an SP3?? They are supposed to be at your mercy in that case.

If the AI is on the ground, that was probably after a heavy. I think some bots have a longer cool down period after a heavy than others and the AI can launch a special before you. At the end of a combo is another thing though. Like this block from Grimlock.

01pt8jg00rhz.gif
    Darm0k wrote: »

If the AI is on the ground, that was probably after a heavy. I think some bots have a longer cool down period after a heavy than others and the AI can launch a special before you. At the end of a combo is another thing though. Like this block from Grimlock.

01pt8jg00rhz.gif
    The SP3 animation is supposed to override whatever is happening at that moment so it makes no sense that the animation doesn't launch (and they get priority) while they are down, especially when you have repeatedly inputted it while they are down. When they are attacking you can launch a special 3 but not when they are down? That makes no sense.

As far as your GIF, I agree that is disgusting.
    (Sorry I could no longer edit. )

Just to clarify, I know when the opposing bot is hitting you, you can't launch an SP3 unless you find the perfect gap but when the bots are not engaged you can freely launch an SP3. I see no reason why that shouldn't be the case when they are down.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Had a shark run right through my heavy today :-(
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    (Sorry I could no longer edit. )

Just to clarify, I know when the opposing bot is hitting you, you can't launch an SP3 unless you find the perfect gap but when the bots are not engaged you can freely launch an SP3. I see no reason why that shouldn't be the case when they are down.

I just know from experience that after doing a Soundwave heavy, many times the AI will launch their special before I can do my S3.
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    Hm.. I just had a Primal hit me with a heavy while I was in the middle of a combo...