Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

How are you getting these 5* shard missions?

13»

Comments

• KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    My rating is like 70k and I get from 1 a day to 3 a day
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Still not a single 5* shard mission since last reported. Still around a 136k rating.
    I'd like to know who's still getting them, and what your rating is.

I’ve done 5 in the past 48 hrs. I refreshed Missions approx 5-7 times in that span. My total rating in this span ranged from 127-135k as I’ve been forging on the reg. Commander level 59. My 5* bot roster below. I do have a couple 4* bots rated higher.

1csnkfv0iqru.jpeg

@JIMMY_SAB if you weren't so helpful I'd be massively envious.
    5 IN 48HR.
    JAY ZUS
    👍

By far the most fruitful stretch I’ve experienced to date though. I would say I was getting 1 per 48 hrs prior to this awesome run.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Yeah @JIMMY_SAB I'm jealous. I haven't had 5 since the update rolled out.
    I have 2 4/40 5*s, several 3/30s also. I'm rank 60 and have been for a while, and been playing since preorder...I got my 1* Bumblebee as a gift:)
    Guess I'm making up for the freebie now.
    Well here’s my version of good internet karma for you @DrShotgun

ojz08wq7pj2h.gif
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    So I've fallen back from a 5* mission a day to none at all, and noticed informed my way out of a 150k rating. This is gonna test my theory once and for all. Support said Commander rating doesn't factor in, but I don't buy it anymore.
    We'll see

I don't think it can revert back according to your actual rating. By the way how can your top rating sum possibly drop, unless your top roster consists of 4*'s?
    So I've fallen back from a 5* mission a day to none at all, and noticed informed my way out of a 150k rating. This is gonna test my theory once and for all. Support said Commander rating doesn't factor in, but I don't buy it anymore.
    We'll see

I don't think it can revert back according to your actual rating. By the way how can your top rating sum possibly drop, unless your top roster consists of 4*'s?

Man I don't know. I assumed it was a total sum of all my bots combined, and when I forged a load of 2/3*s it went down quite a tick.
  • What's the rating required to get these tier 3 crystals and such. Im adound 95k in rating, so maybe 100k?
    edited August 2019
    m0w1xc4bmn5p.jpg

This is my top 2 rows. I'm not heavy, but definitely not a lightweight by any means.
    What's the rating required to get these tier 3 crystals and such. Im adound 95k in rating, so maybe 100k?

We thought that might be true but many players have reported getting the crystals and 5* missions while having a total rating of 70k.
    m0w1xc4bmn5p.jpg

This is my top 2 rows. I'm not heavy, but definitely not a lightweight by any means.

When you gonna forge that 4* Prowl into his 5* version? I bet you are tempted daily to do so.
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    m0w1xc4bmn5p.jpg

When you gonna forge that 4* Prowl into his 5* version? I bet you are tempted daily to do so.

Dude....DAILY lol. But the 4* is SO much better and hit alot harder just because he's duped. But yes, it's an itch. Can't wait for the 5* Prowl dup to come.
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    I don't know.... I'm getting quite a few 5* shard missions. Anywhere from 1 every other day to 3 per day. And I don't have a lot of heavy bots. These are my top 7..

xa7xwp9x60pl.png
    Nightpath wrote: »
    I don't know.... I'm getting quite a few 5* shard missions. Anywhere from 1 every other day to 3 per day. And I don't have a lot of heavy bots. These are my top 7..

xa7xwp9x60pl.png

I need to apply for an energon loan please.
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Still not a single 5* shard mission since last reported. Still around a 136k rating.
    I'd like to know who's still getting them, and what your rating is.

@Rocsolid seems to be getting FIFTEEN 5* missions a week.
    I've gotten 3x, the past 7 days.

Go friend him, hopefully his RNG will rub off!

I'm not friending anyone, I'm keeping that mojo. Lol. I will also say I use 3 to 5 refreshes a day, but i only use them if it is only gold.
  • Down_UnderDown_Under Posts: 149
    218k rating. Probably have only gotten 10 5* missions since they launched.
    So it seems the trick (suprise suprise) is to spend energon to refresh.
    Go figure.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    Go figure.

But look at this another way. Spend 200-300 energon on a small chance at a 5*, or spend the same amount or less to get a guaranteed 5*.
  • DrShotgun wrote: »
    Go figure.

I never spend Energon to refresh, have a 70k overall PI, but I still get about 1 5* mission each day. #blessed. But seriously, your RNG is wildly disappointing. Quite Frankly, my best bots aren't even over 4000 without synergies.
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    Nightpath wrote: »

xa7xwp9x60pl.png

I need to apply for an energon loan please.

I don't think you could afford my interest rates. ;)

But as far as spending energon to refresh goes... I doubt it. I never spend energon to refresh. It likely just appears to help because you're spinning the rng more often... but it very likely doesn't actually increase your chances of getting a good mission.
    Like I said, 5* shard missions are fairly regular for me, and I usually get 4 or more bot chip missions per day. Of course, I also make an effort to regularly login when I know my missions are back, just to launch the next one...
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    Go figure.

But look at this another way. Spend 200-300 energon on a small chance at a 5*, or spend the same amount or less to get a guaranteed 5*.

Or do both. I'm going to have a total of 6 or 7 5* pulls this month from shards, bot including getting one from the store. Energon is still easy to aquire.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    I'm getting them every 2-3 days now
  • I just found out when i ranked 5 my 4th four star, the tier 2 ore crystals changed to the tier 3 ones. So i think you may have to have 4 rank 5 four stars to get the max tier of awards.
  • GungnirGungnir Posts: 81
    I started getting them every so often (3 times now) once I started getting the T3 ore....
    Then this just happened... 😥

j11w3i0xw3f5.png
  • Down_UnderDown_Under Posts: 149
    I haven't seen one in nearly a week, played game all weekend too.. Annoying
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I would say I don't get them too often, but I also don't check that often. I've got 4 r5 5* bots, so in theory I should be getting quite a few, unless hitting a certain average of your top bots just enables them and the rest is purely random
    I get them in groups. One day I'll have one, then the next day, then 10 days without
  • I'll be honest, this is the only thing, other than energy, to spend Energon on. Ever since the introduction of 5* missions, I get at least 3 a day. But you've gotta be willing to spend about 50 - 60 Energon a day on it. 50-60 Energon for ~1100-1500 5* Shards is not bad when you have to spend at least 200 for a CHANCE at a 5*.

Sounds like a lot, but if you grind arenas, play the spotlights (or even story! it grants WAY more XP if you're trying to cap out commander level) and reap the rewards, the cost will be negligible. Between this and forging bots, you can probably complete a 5* crystal in a week or so.

Also, my OCD has convinced me that clearing all 4 of my missions routinely (I usually cycle until I get at least 2 Ore-13 missions or a rare Bot Chip mission) somehow makes the 5* missions more likely to come.

If you do absolutely nothing else in this game, Away Missions are key, IMO. Especially with the update.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Agree on spending energon on away missions. I now liberally refresh away missions.