Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Best Tactician Bot!

2»

Comments

• BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    Megatron
    BrickT1973 wrote: »
    Aside from them and Starscream, the Tactician class isn’t that good. I’d say it’s down around the bottom with the Warriors. Not by much, they’re just not quite as good as lot of bots from other classes are.
    Really? I sometimes feel as thought they are the most well rounded class, due mainly to the fact that their kits often revolve around giving themselves an advantage rather than focusing on one specific attribute. Like, Demos are all about that burst damage. And techs are in for the logical(no pun intended) fight. But that's alright. But why warriors at the bottom? they may not be as well-rounded as the scout, tech, or demo classes, but they're by no means bad. DOT is one of the most useful aspects of the game, and to be honest, the only bad warrior is hound, and even he can be used with skill to deal major damage. Put some respect on that name.

Here’s my quick ranking. Megatronus is the best bot in the game, followed immediately by Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream and Shockwave. After those five, classes are a bit iffy on ranking.

1st-Techs are able to inflict a wide array of buffs and debuffs and it’s what makes them so good. All of them have DOT, most of them can increase their damage in a unique way, most can repair or gain/drain power or do both, and all of them can mitigate damage in at least one or two ways. The only bad Tech is Ratchet, but Shockwave and Mirage and Wheeljack and Jetfire are all so great, and Soundwave and Blaster are both able to go against all but a select few bots, even Ratchet can’t bring them down.

2nd-Scouts are somewhat like Techs in that they can all do a lot. They all hit pretty hard, a lot are hard to hit back, and Prowl and Jazz are some of the best bots in the game. Barricade is the only bad Scout, but he at least has the capacity to be an absolute monster, it’s just never guaranteed as his abilities are all chance based and revolve around you getting lucky.

3rd-Brawlers have good base stats, access to lots of attack buffs and a sizable number have armor buffs, and most are resistant to DOT, which lets them counter every class to an extent, as DOT is easily the most universal ability. Primal is a powerhouse, Tantrum and TC can both hit incredibly hard, Prime is good, and Grimlock and Motormaster have their moments. Grindor is the only weak link in the class.

4th-Demolitions only focus on damage. They hit hard, and all of them have either buffs or debuffs that make them hit harder. But if they miss a special they’re in trouble more than other classes, they have very limited defense, and for whatever reason, they tend to have more glitches than other classes. Ramjet would probably be a top tier bot if it weren’t for how many bugs he has.

5th-Tacticians are near the bottom because on the whole, the class isn’t good. Cyclonus is pretty good, Dinobot and Bumblebee are alright, and Ultra Magnus and Nemesis Prime aren’t good, not terrible, but never really worth using. Plus, all Tacticians are reliant on a good team to get the best out of them, except for Bumblebee and Ultra Magnus, who have some seriously weak synergies.

6th-Warriors are at the bottom for one reason. Their anti evade abilities only work against Scouts and some Warriors, as it’s not a common ability, and they don’t threaten the player, because the player is able to just dodge their attacks without using an ability. Scorponok is the only great Warrior, Hound is bad, Bonecrusher is kinda bad(if you’re using him, he’s a beast as an enemy), and the rest are just meh.

For the record, none of these classes are bad in my opinion, it’s just how I’d rank them if I had too. Tech won because they just can do the most, they do everything except buff critical attacks. But if you’re good enough in this game, you can take any bot against another one and win, if you understand the abilities of each and have a good strategy.

how is starscream "good" he aint bad but other tacticians, (cyclonus, Magnus, Bumblebee) are better. And barricade ain't the worst scout, far from it. It still belongs to SS.

Barricade doesn’t even come close to Sideswipe. Barricade needs to be knocked down for a short but strong Evade and an alright Critical Chance Buff. And if an enemy is suffering from any of his Backfires, they do not use their specials. Sure, sometimes they will, but it’s a rarity. His best aspect is his power steal, it can give you an immediate special 1, but his other abilities just aren’t that good.

Sideswipe is a powerhouse bot. Critical Chance and Critical Damage Buffs, Power Gain, Stun, Burn, Nullify, Evade, and now Purify. He is still heavy-hitting and hard-to-catch, and is now a direct counter to every Tech, as well as Kickback, Scorponok, Thundercracker, and Movie Bee. No one can deny anymore that he is a murder machine.

Cyclonus is good, Movie Bee isn’t too bad but he isn’t too great, and Magnus is all defense and limited offense. UM suffers the same way the Movie Cons do; their key abilities revolve around being hit, and you as a player can’t ever get hit too much.

And Starscream is so high up for the same reasons Megatron is, they are as deadly as their enemy is, and an absolute terror against modded bots.

Sideswipe is worse than barricade. Barricade has power steal, and backfire, which is bloody useful. He also has great special damage, not bad. Sideswipe only power gains and crits, that's it. Barricade is so much more useful, I'd rather backfire bots than crit them. He also stacks BF when duped, and the bots use their special pretty often for me when they have BF debuffs.

Again, Sideswipe does a lot more than crit and power gain. Barricades best attack is his special 2, and in my experience the opponent almost always just waits for the Backfires to end to use their special, so his main ability ends up being useless. The only time I’ve seen bots frequently use specials and suffer from a Backfire is when I face a Tech bot, because class advantage AI is just always worse.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Aside from them and Starscream, the Tactician class isn’t that good. I’d say it’s down around the bottom with the Warriors. Not by much, they’re just not quite as good as lot of bots from other classes are.
    Really? I sometimes feel as thought they are the most well rounded class, due mainly to the fact that their kits often revolve around giving themselves an advantage rather than focusing on one specific attribute. Like, Demos are all about that burst damage. And techs are in for the logical(no pun intended) fight. But that's alright. But why warriors at the bottom? they may not be as well-rounded as the scout, tech, or demo classes, but they're by no means bad. DOT is one of the most useful aspects of the game, and to be honest, the only bad warrior is hound, and even he can be used with skill to deal major damage. Put some respect on that name.

Here’s my quick ranking. Megatronus is the best bot in the game, followed immediately by Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream and Shockwave. After those five, classes are a bit iffy on ranking.

1st-Techs are able to inflict a wide array of buffs and debuffs and it’s what makes them so good. All of them have DOT, most of them can increase their damage in a unique way, most can repair or gain/drain power or do both, and all of them can mitigate damage in at least one or two ways. The only bad Tech is Ratchet, but Shockwave and Mirage and Wheeljack and Jetfire are all so great, and Soundwave and Blaster are both able to go against all but a select few bots, even Ratchet can’t bring them down.

2nd-Scouts are somewhat like Techs in that they can all do a lot. They all hit pretty hard, a lot are hard to hit back, and Prowl and Jazz are some of the best bots in the game. Barricade is the only bad Scout, but he at least has the capacity to be an absolute monster, it’s just never guaranteed as his abilities are all chance based and revolve around you getting lucky.

3rd-Brawlers have good base stats, access to lots of attack buffs and a sizable number have armor buffs, and most are resistant to DOT, which lets them counter every class to an extent, as DOT is easily the most universal ability. Primal is a powerhouse, Tantrum and TC can both hit incredibly hard, Prime is good, and Grimlock and Motormaster have their moments. Grindor is the only weak link in the class.

4th-Demolitions only focus on damage. They hit hard, and all of them have either buffs or debuffs that make them hit harder. But if they miss a special they’re in trouble more than other classes, they have very limited defense, and for whatever reason, they tend to have more glitches than other classes. Ramjet would probably be a top tier bot if it weren’t for how many bugs he has.

5th-Tacticians are near the bottom because on the whole, the class isn’t good. Cyclonus is pretty good, Dinobot and Bumblebee are alright, and Ultra Magnus and Nemesis Prime aren’t good, not terrible, but never really worth using. Plus, all Tacticians are reliant on a good team to get the best out of them, except for Bumblebee and Ultra Magnus, who have some seriously weak synergies.

6th-Warriors are at the bottom for one reason. Their anti evade abilities only work against Scouts and some Warriors, as it’s not a common ability, and they don’t threaten the player, because the player is able to just dodge their attacks without using an ability. Scorponok is the only great Warrior, Hound is bad, Bonecrusher is kinda bad(if you’re using him, he’s a beast as an enemy), and the rest are just meh.

For the record, none of these classes are bad in my opinion, it’s just how I’d rank them if I had too. Tech won because they just can do the most, they do everything except buff critical attacks. But if you’re good enough in this game, you can take any bot against another one and win, if you understand the abilities of each and have a good strategy.

how is starscream "good" he aint bad but other tacticians, (cyclonus, Magnus, Bumblebee) are better. And barricade ain't the worst scout, far from it. It still belongs to SS.

Barricade doesn’t even come close to Sideswipe. Barricade needs to be knocked down for a short but strong Evade and an alright Critical Chance Buff. And if an enemy is suffering from any of his Backfires, they do not use their specials. Sure, sometimes they will, but it’s a rarity. His best aspect is his power steal, it can give you an immediate special 1, but his other abilities just aren’t that good.

Sideswipe is a powerhouse bot. Critical Chance and Critical Damage Buffs, Power Gain, Stun, Burn, Nullify, Evade, and now Purify. He is still heavy-hitting and hard-to-catch, and is now a direct counter to every Tech, as well as Kickback, Scorponok, Thundercracker, and Movie Bee. No one can deny anymore that he is a murder machine.

Cyclonus is good, Movie Bee isn’t too bad but he isn’t too great, and Magnus is all defense and limited offense. UM suffers the same way the Movie Cons do; their key abilities revolve around being hit, and you as a player can’t ever get hit too much.

And Starscream is so high up for the same reasons Megatron is, they are as deadly as their enemy is, and an absolute terror against modded bots.

Sideswipe is worse than barricade. Barricade has power steal, and backfire, which is bloody useful. He also has great special damage, not bad. Sideswipe only power gains and crits, that's it. Barricade is so much more useful, I'd rather backfire bots than crit them. He also stacks BF when duped, and the bots use their special pretty often for me when they have BF debuffs.

Yeah, Barricade can purify shock debuffs and Sideswipe can’t. Not to mention Cade’s sig allows him to gain a crap load of power at the beginning of the fight. Barricade is obviously > Sideswipe
  • BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    Megatron
    Gunz0 wrote: »

Yeah, Barricade can purify shock debuffs and Sideswipe can’t. Not to mention Cade’s sig allows him to gain a crap load of power at the beginning of the fight. Barricade is obviously > Sideswipe

Thank you. Sarcasm is always great to see. Sideswipe didn’t even need his buff, Barricade needs one.

By the way, one last thing, hands down the worst argument for buffing Sideswipe I saw was “he’s not a direct counter to anyone.” Neither is Ironhide, Movie Bee, Motormaster, Bludgeon, Wheeljack, Mirage, Ratchet, and my personal favorite, Barricade.

Okay that’s all
  • Optimus Prime

Your sarcasm isn't necessary, nor appreciated.
  • Megatron
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    🎵 Anything you can do I can do better 🎵

Bleed

Shocks are superior to bleeds for a class advantage. Primal can heal off bleeds, not shocks. Remember, they are both tacts, so a shock would hurt more than a bleed on brawlers.
  • Megatron

Bleed

He can't bleed, but he can Shock.

PERMANENTLY
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949

Bleed

PERMANENTLY

PERMANETLY*
  • Megatron

Bleed

PERMANENTLY

PERMANETLY*

laughed so hard when I got the reference.
  • Nemesis Prime

Bleed

PERMANENTLY

And VS nemesis...have fun with that Permanent shock megatron! Oh! And that permanent armor break! And the permanent attack down XD
  • Megatron

Bleed

PERMANENTLY

And VS nemesis...have fun with that Permanent shock megatron! Oh! And that permanent armor break! And the permanent attack down XD

What? I do not understand this sarcasm. Please elaborate my good @Bntyhntr3232_ . What am I missing here?
  • Nemesis Prime

Bleed

PERMANENTLY

What? I do not understand this sarcasm. Please elaborate my good @Bntyhntr3232_ . What am I missing here?

Nemesis primes SP1 can give all of his debuffs to his opponent
  • Megatron

Bleed

PERMANENTLY

But, Optimus relies on debuts. And OG prime/Nem prime SP1 is one of the easiest to dodge.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    edited September 2019
    Nemesis Prime

Bleed

PERMANENTLY

But, Optimus relies on debuts. And OG prime/Nem prime SP1 is one of the easiest to dodge.

Not if you use it at the end of a combo...it's stupid to just sit there and use a special attack out of absolutely nowhere

EDIT: and by optimus I'll assume you mean OGM
  • Megatron

Bleed

PERMANENTLY

Not if you use it at the end of a combo...it's stupid to just sit there and use a special attack out of absolutely nowhere

EDIT: and by optimus I'll assume you mean OGM

Of course I mean OG prime. Now, I'm talking about the user fighting with OG megs against Nem. When using Nem, the specials are solid and good. But against the Tact Prime build, it/s so easy to dodge that SP1 because they use it from half way across the arena.
  • Megatron

Bleed

PERMANENTLY

I disagree. Megatrons only ‘buff’ if that’s what you want to call it, is his fusion cannon. Prime on the other hand, yes he bleeds and armour breaks, but roll out for multiple attack buffs make him a good target for screamer. Not to mention ratchet synergy, since the heal is also a buff.

Not gonna go into synergies here too much though. But prime can rely heavily on his attack buffs to get the job done quick. Megatron doesn’t need them