Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

September Spotlight Notes - Master Edition

2»

Comments

• Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    edited September 2019
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    Anyone got tips for the Ch 3 bosses (Grim and Prowl)? I figure that is probably the most helpful topic at this juncture.

Here’s one from me, if you aren’t a Master at dodging Prowl’s SP2, then block the first shot and dodge the 2nd.

I used the best tactician and applied a permanent armor break with his special 3. The damage is significantly better, and when i rolled out and used a special 2, it decimated grimlock.
    Kitten wrote: »
    Anyone got tips for the Ch 3 bosses (Grim and Prowl)? I figure that is probably the most helpful topic at this juncture.

Here’s one from me, if you aren’t a Master at dodging Prowl’s SP2, then block the first shot and dodge the 2nd.

I used the best tactician and applied a permanent armor break with his special 3. The damage is significantly better, and when i rolled out and used a special 2, it decimated grimlock.

Megatron deals armour break on his special 1, not 3...

@Kitten , @OptimalOptimus_MV1 happens not to realize the best tact is Megatron, so he incorrectly referred to Optimus Prime, who can permanently inflict an armor break with his SP3

No,I happen to realize that megatron is the inferior tactician, which is why i referred to the superior tac:Optimus Prime.

Quite unfortunate you cannot see the innate superiority of being able to fuse a DOT to a bot, allowing you to evade hits for the rest of the fight for a guaranteed win> (Quite time taking however. I do not recommend for AM at all. And don't you dare use that in ROK or ROTK. You will be playing the game for a whole day waiting to see the bot shock to death) Megatron can fuse a stronger Armor break than Optimus prime, and with ease as well. SP1 over SP3. And Megatron is just cooler in general. But, I will not press that final point since your name is Optimus. lol

Im sad that you can't see the brilliance of prime. His permanent armor break may not be as strong, but more useful when he is duped. The fact that when he crits, he ALWAYS bleeds, and at high sig, the bleed does huge amounts, makes prime a superior damaging bot. Plus rollout+ special is ANNIHILATION. Im not saying megs is bad though, as i like him, and will rank 5 him. I only say that i prefer og prime overall.

I agree that Optimus is amazing, but he's a one-trick pony. He'll be digging his own grave if he goes against Grimlock, MV1 or any Purifying/Debuff profiting Bot. Even Bonecrusher is a threat to him.

Now Megatron, on the other hand, is a lot more versatile. Armour Breaks for tanks( MV1, Primal) Attack Downs for high-damage Bots(Windblade, Cheetor, Galvatron) Permanent Shocks for Evasive and/or generally destructive Bots(Bonecrusher, Megatronus, Sideswipe). AND he can profit off Bots with a lot of Buffs, LIKE OPTIMUS.

Who would you choose, a Bleed Spammer, or the near-perfect counter to every Bot?

EDIT: Megatron even has better Synergies than Optimus. All Optimus gets from his Allies is Armour, while Megatron gets entirely new types of Debuffs from his Lieutenants. Megatron's Synergies are objectively better than Prime's.
  • OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited September 2019

@Kitten , @OptimalOptimus_MV1 happens not to realize the best tact is Megatron, so he incorrectly referred to Optimus Prime, who can permanently inflict an armor break with his SP3

No,I happen to realize that megatron is the inferior tactician, which is why i referred to the superior tac:Optimus Prime.

Quite unfortunate you cannot see the innate superiority of being able to fuse a DOT to a bot, allowing you to evade hits for the rest of the fight for a guaranteed win> (Quite time taking however. I do not recommend for AM at all. And don't you dare use that in ROK or ROTK. You will be playing the game for a whole day waiting to see the bot shock to death) Megatron can fuse a stronger Armor break than Optimus prime, and with ease as well. SP1 over SP3. And Megatron is just cooler in general. But, I will not press that final point since your name is Optimus. lol

Im sad that you can't see the brilliance of prime. His permanent armor break may not be as strong, but more useful when he is duped. The fact that when he crits, he ALWAYS bleeds, and at high sig, the bleed does huge amounts, makes prime a superior damaging bot. Plus rollout+ special is ANNIHILATION. Im not saying megs is bad though, as i like him, and will rank 5 him. I only say that i prefer og prime overall.

I agree that Optimus is amazing, but he's a one-trick pony. He'll be digging his own grave if he goes against Grimlock, MV1 or any Purifying/Debuff profiting Bot. Even Bonecrusher is a threat to him.

Now Megatron, on the other hand, is a lot more versatile. Armour Breaks for tanks( MV1, Primal) Attack Downs for high-damage Bots(Windblade, Cheetor, Galvatron) Permanent Shocks for Evasive and/or generally destructive Bots(Bonecrusher, Megatronus, Sideswipe). AND he can profit off Bots with a lot of Buffs, LIKE OPTIMUS.

Who would you choose, a Bleed Spammer, or the near-perfect counter to every Bot?

EDIT: Megatron even has better Synergies than Optimus. All Optimus gets from his Allies is Armour, while Megatron gets entirely new types of Debuffs from his Lieutenants. Megatron's Synergies are objectively better than Prime's.

A bleed spammer, i only wouldn't really use him 'gainst grimlock.
  • Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    edited September 2019

So, to confirm, you'd use a Bleed Machine over a super versatile and complex Bot? Just asking.
  • JIMMY_SAB wrote: »

So, to confirm, you'd use a Bleed Machine over a super versatile and complex Bot? Just asking.

Og prime is versatile and simple, good bot.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Best tactician poll is leaking. Pls go back to your containment thread
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Honestly, I think they're both just as good. But I always use Megatron because he fits with my team. Megatron/Shockwave = Prime/Ratchet
  • Hijacker2531Hijacker2531 Posts: 538
    edited September 2019

Og prime is versatile and simple, good bot.

Now, I'm not saying that Og Prime isn't good, but what happens against debuff immunity? Hmm? Hmm? Now before you say, the same thing would happen to Megs, when duped, Megs can STEAL that immunity. Physical Resistance? Megs can steal that too. Any impediment is only a gate to be opened.

EDIT: after re-reading my post,I have come to the conclusion I may be an idiot. 🤣 I just remembered Megatron needs a fused debuff to start stealing buffs, so he can never steal debuff immunity. But Resistances prove my point.
  • Faithz17 wrote: »
    I overpowered Grimlock very easily with G1 Megatron, managed to fuse both the Armour Break and Power Down Debuffs on him. As for Prowl, I used Shockwave to drain his Power.
    The most wonderful thing is when you steal his 400% attack buff. Wow, look how the Dinosaur melts in seconds.

I have a video of this coincidentally. Grim was at 46% when I had fused an armour break, stole his melee buff, and KO him with SP1. My og meg is R4.

Please post the video here, or a link of it. This sounds like one of those videos where you can just feel the power of the punch.

Hmmm I can post it in the Line community chat. But I wasn’t very awake when I started the fight until I got hit :D
  • Down_UnderDown_Under Posts: 149
    edited September 2019
    With Tac Megatron, do you have to hit Grimlock with sp1 THEN follow up hit with a heavy attack with Grimlock melee buff active?

If so how do you live long enough to do it?
    My 5* duped, rank 3 gets smoked before sp1. Tried the 5 D's of dodgeball, got nowhere but dead

Squad is 5* rank 5 Ironhide, 5* rank 4 Shockwave, both Primes and 5* rank 3 Tac Megatron with relics applied..

Already 100% Prowl as the boss without revives, can't figure out Grimlock

Need a video I guess
  • Down_Under wrote: »
    With Tac Megatron, do you have to hit Grimlock with sp1 THEN follow up hit with a heavy attack with Grimlock melee buff active?

If so how do you live long enough to do it?
    My 5* duped, rank 3 gets smoked before sp1. Tried the 5 D's of dodgeball, got nowhere but dead

Squad is 5* rank 5 Ironhide, 5* rank 4 Shockwave, both Primes and 5* rank 3 Tac Megatron with relics applied..

Already 100% Prowl as the boss without revives, can't figure out Grimlock

Need a video I guess

You need to SP1, fuse it with a heavy, then melee opponent for a chance to steal buff.

I posted the video in Line, not too keen to upload it on YouTube then share link here.

But you should be able to smoke him too with your R5 Ironhide or R4 Prime.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Best tactician poll is leaking. Pls go back to your containment thread

This ^^

Hey friends. I’d like to keep this thread focused on the Spotlight mission itself. Happy to keep hearing about how OGP or OGM can take out Grimlock but let’s not compare the two anymore.

• Grimlock got me in the faaaaace. Luckily I finished the first run w like 30% health left on my last bot. The armor break, plus his melee buffs lasting longer, one 5 hit and even my r5 galvatron died. Not to mention that the armor-buff path just makes the fights longer and makes it more likely that you'll mess up and take damage. big stress-y. I haven't even looked at 3.2 yet bc I have a habit of 100%ing each mission before moving on
    Grimlock got me in the faaaaace. Luckily I finished the first run w like 30% health left on my last bot. The armor break, plus his melee buffs lasting longer, one 5 hit and even my r5 galvatron died. Not to mention that the armor-buff path just makes the fights longer and makes it more likely that you'll mess up and take damage. big stress-y. I haven't even looked at 3.2 yet bc I have a habit of 100%ing each mission before moving on

Well, I’ll say that 3.2 was easier overall with the exception of Prowl being tricky. Good luck.
  • Also is power-flow the one where he constantly gains power over time or the one where he gains more power per hit? I always forget.
    Also is power-flow the one where he constantly gains power over time or the one where he gains more power per hit? I always forget.

The Power Gain is based on attacks but it’s damn fast so it feels like it’s constantly on.
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    edited September 2019
    Grimlock got me in the faaaaace. Luckily I finished the first run w like 30% health left on my last bot. The armor break, plus his melee buffs lasting longer, one 5 hit and even my r5 galvatron died. Not to mention that the armor-buff path just makes the fights longer and makes it more likely that you'll mess up and take damage. big stress-y. I haven't even looked at 3.2 yet bc I have a habit of 100%ing each mission before moving on

Well, I’ll say that 3.2 was easier overall with the exception of Prowl being tricky. Good luck.

Yeah, in Expert Mode, I had to revive OGP the first time I faced Grimlock in 3.1. Dumb playing on my part trying to go for an SP3 when it wasn’t needed. After the first run, Prime was only called upon once to dispatch Grim the Bounty Hunter.

Prowl on 3.2 Expert was dispatched without me having to use my R3 5* Bonecrusher in any of the 5 runs. My R4 5* Mixmaster was the bot who finished off Prowl in most of the runs.
  • JIMMY_SAB wrote: »

As far as Grimlock, Megatron can armor break him early and fuse it. Duped Cheetor can cut through his armor while feral. Cyclonus SP1 should ignore his armor. Barricade can load him up with backfire. Megatronus has dark burn.

It’s most important to bypass his armor.