Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

September Spotlight Notes - Master Edition

Feel free to correct me if I made a mistake. I felt 3.1 was harder than 3.2 however Prowl on 3.2 was a monster.

Also, be ready for a LONG right with Grimlock on 3.1, especially if you don’t have Armor Break.

Good luck everyone!

September Spotlight Notes - Master Hardest Path

3.1 - Mod: Prime Boost, Melee Time (400% Boost that recharges every 15 secs
Hot Rod
Demo Megs
Scout Shark (ouch)
Demo Shark
Starscream - Mini Boss (Prime Boost, Shock Block, Ranged Power Burn)
Mirage
Grimlock - Boss (Prime Boost, Melee Timed, Buff Duration, Debuff Duration, Armor)
- be prepared for a LONG fight if you don’t have Armor Break as an option.

3.2 - Mod: Power Flow, Prime Boost
Tact Shark
Demo Megs
Primal
OG Prime
Arcee (Mini-Boss w/ Crit Rate Boost, Prime Boost but no Power Flow)
Tech Shark (probably toughest bot, has Shielding so fight will be longer)
Prowl (Power Flow, Random Buff, Replicate enemy buff)

Comments

• DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    Already finish Master. You're excellent
  • JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    Feel free to correct me if I made a mistake. I felt 3.1 was harder than 3.2 however Prowl on 3.2 was a monster.

Also, be ready for a LONG right with Grimlock on 3.1, especially if you don’t have Armor Break.

Good luck everyone!

September Spotlight Notes - Master Hardest Path

3.1 - Mod: Prime Boost, Melee Time (400% Boost that recharges every 15 secs
    Hot Rod
    Demo Megs
    Scout Shark (ouch)
    Demo Shark
    Starscream - Mini Boss (Prime Boost, Shock Block, Ranged Power Burn)
    Mirage
    Grimlock - Boss (Prime Boost, Melee Timed, Buff Duration, Debuff Duration, Armor)
    - be prepared for a LONG fight if you don’t have Armor Break as an option.

3.2 - Mod: Power Flow, Prime Boost
    Tact Shark
    Demo Megs
    Primal
    OG Prime
    Arcee (Mini-Boss w/ Crit Rate Boost, Prime Boost but no Power Flow)
    Tech Shark (probably toughest bot, has Shielding so fight will be longer)
    Prowl (Power Flow, Random Buff, Replicate enemy buff)

B R U H

You're too good to us, @JIMMY_SAB
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Jimmy Express.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Not the scout shark!!!
  • Not the scout shark!!!

I’m now glad I ranked hot rod just too deal with scout shark
  • Scout shark isn’t normally that big of a deal if you avoid using heavies against him. He is like Barricade, just don’t knock him down except for specials.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Scout shark isn’t normally that big of a deal if you avoid using heavies against him. He is like Barricade, just don’t knock him down except for specials.

This is very solid advice right here.
    Anyone got tips for the Ch 3 bosses (Grim and Prowl)? I figure that is probably the most helpful topic at this juncture.

Here’s one from me, if you aren’t a Master at dodging Prowl’s SP2, then block the first shot and dodge the 2nd.
    Anyone got tips for the Ch 3 bosses (Grim and Prowl)? I figure that is probably the most helpful topic at this juncture.

Here’s one from me, if you aren’t a Master at dodging Prowl’s SP2, then block the first shot and dodge the 2nd.

I overpowered Grimlock very easily with G1 Megatron, managed to fuse both the Armour Break and Power Down Debuffs on him. As for Prowl, I used Shockwave to drain his Power.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »

If you bring a decent Bonecrusher to the Prowl fight you'll not regret, especially if you prefer to stand there and do nothing.

I overpowered Grimlock very easily with G1 Megatron, managed to fuse both the Armour Break and Power Down Debuffs on him. As for Prowl, I used Shockwave to drain his Power.

Did you get caught by a melee combo at all? Anything less than an R3/5* you died. Talk about attack buff from Grim.

Did you get caught by a melee combo at all? Anything less than an R3/5* you died. Talk about attack buff from Grim.

What a coincidence, my Megatron just so happens to be an R3 5*. But yes, I did tagged by a melee combo. Luckily, the Attack Down Debuff I fused saved my skin.
  • I used a 4 star WJ on prowl. Pretty effective.
    edited August 2019
    Edwardo76 wrote: »
    I used a 4 star WJ on prowl. Pretty effective.

Nice. Any specific patterns or technique that stood out? How did you keep his Power Gain in check? Bet it was a long fight too.
    Edwardo76 wrote: »
    I used a 4 star WJ on prowl. Pretty effective.

Nice. Any specific patterns or technique that stood out? How did you keep his Power Gain in check? Bet it was a long fight too.

With nanoJack against Prowl, you have one free minute first. Build three upgrades. Stick to sp1 because Prowl's power flows like crazy, you need that occasional power drain and some baiting. Once the nano repair finishes, you're on you own, I don't think it's a good idea to go for repair but you still have two shields to help you reach to an sp3.

The thing with nanojack is that you only need revive and repair to 25% health and he has another free minute to fight.
  • m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    Starscream would eat grimlock alive

As for prowl, i found him very very trigger happy with his specials, just be patient at sp1, and only double mediums to not give him special 2/3 so quickly
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    lr74ukmm7ago.png
    Watch out for this node, it limits your movements and forces you to play more passively. I guess JF would do well against Tronus
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    edited August 2019
    m00nshine wrote: »
    Starscream would eat grimlock alive

As for prowl, i found him very very trigger happy with his specials, just be patient at sp1, and only double mediums to not give him special 2/3 so quickly

He does... just dont get hit when he does have the melee buff, not even once
    The most wonderful thing is when you steal his 400% attack buff. Wow, look how the Dinosaur melts in seconds.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    The most wonderful thing is when you steal his 400% attack buff. Wow, look how the Dinosaur melts in seconds.

I have a video of this coincidentally. Grim was at 46% when I had fused an armour break, stole his melee buff, and KO him with SP1. My og meg is R4.
  • Faithz17 wrote: »

I have a video of this coincidentally. Grim was at 46% when I had fused an armour break, stole his melee buff, and KO him with SP1. My og meg is R4.

Please post the video here, or a link of it. This sounds like one of those videos where you can just feel the power of the punch.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    lr74ukmm7ago.png
    Watch out for this node, it limits your movements and forces you to play more passively. I guess JF would do well against Tronus

When I did that level I used Grindor, just played aggressively and tried to dodge as little as possible... by constantly dashing
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    Well in one instance in Expert, I beat Grimlock with Barricade. Had to dodge the Melee & Special Attacks, but the double debuff duration gave me fits. Backfire was a huge benefit as was Power Steal.

I used the best tactician and applied a permanent armor break with his special 3. The damage is significantly better, and when i rolled out and used a special 2, it decimated grimlock.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897

I used the best tactician and applied a permanent armor break with his special 3. The damage is significantly better, and when i rolled out and used a special 2, it decimated grimlock.

Megatron deals armour break on his special 1, not 3...
  • OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited August 2019

Kitten wrote: »

@Kitten , @OptimalOptimus_MV1 happens not to realize the best tact is Megatron, so he incorrectly referred to Optimus Prime, who can permanently inflict an armor break with his SP3
  • OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited August 2019

@Kitten , @OptimalOptimus_MV1 happens not to realize the best tact is Megatron, so he incorrectly referred to Optimus Prime, who can permanently inflict an armor break with his SP3

No,I happen to realize that megatron is the inferior tactician, which is why i referred to the superior tac:Optimus Prime.

No,I happen to realize that megatron is the inferior tactician, which is why i referred to the superior tac:Optimus Prime.

Quite unfortunate you cannot see the innate superiority of being able to fuse a DOT to a bot, allowing you to evade hits for the rest of the fight for a guaranteed win> (Quite time taking however. I do not recommend for AM at all. And don't you dare use that in ROK or ROTK. You will be playing the game for a whole day waiting to see the bot shock to death) Megatron can fuse a stronger Armor break than Optimus prime, and with ease as well. SP1 over SP3. And Megatron is just cooler in general. But, I will not press that final point since your name is Optimus. lol

Quite unfortunate you cannot see the innate superiority of being able to fuse a DOT to a bot, allowing you to evade hits for the rest of the fight for a guaranteed win> (Quite time taking however. I do not recommend for AM at all. And don't you dare use that in ROK or ROTK. You will be playing the game for a whole day waiting to see the bot shock to death) Megatron can fuse a stronger Armor break than Optimus prime, and with ease as well. SP1 over SP3. And Megatron is just cooler in general. But, I will not press that final point since your name is Optimus. lol

Im sad that you can't see the brilliance of prime. His permanent armor break may not be as strong, but more useful when he is duped. The fact that when he crits, he ALWAYS bleeds, and at high sig, the bleed does huge amounts, makes prime a superior damaging bot. Plus rollout+ special is ANNIHILATION. Im not saying megs is bad though, as i like him, and will rank 5 him. I only say that i prefer og prime overall.