Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bots In Need Of Buffs

13»

Comments

• DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    DemoMegatron badly needs a buff. His damage is crap compared to what it should be as a demo bot. My scouts land far more damage than he does.
  • DrShotgun wrote: »
    DemoMegatron badly needs a buff. His damage is crap compared to what it should be as a demo bot. My scouts land far more damage than he does.

He’s pretty terrible. Weirdly enough it’s pretty agreed upon too. There’s a lot of discussion here about who really needs an update, and Demotron seems to come up more than anyone else.
  • BonesetterHUNBonesetterHUN Posts: 367
    edited September 2019
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    I absolutely agree Grimlock needs some tweaking. He is unbelievable pillow fisted and his armor sucks. The only lane he really shines in is shock block where you can stack the debuffs...and raids. I like Grimlock, but he's supposed to be powerful, and he's just not.

He is really powerful :) He get meelee buff without taking DoT damage and with his specials too :)
    In sig lvl 6 he got almost 10% meelee buff per stack (!) So if you get just 3-4 buff (which is really not that hard to get) It's about 35% meelee buff.. so I can't agree with you sorry (My favourite bot is him, so I know what am I talking about)
    As far as I know when he is at sig lvl100 he will get 20% meelee dmg/stack.. He is going to be more and more powerful with his sig (like for example Soundwave or Ironhide )
  • BrickT1973 wrote: »
    There we go, it’s fixed

My point still stands

And not to kill discussion, but Optimus Prime and Megatron do not need buffs. I can effectively fight every bot in the game with either of them. I’ve even taken out Bonecrushers and Megatronus’ with them because they’re just that good. Optimus Prime and Megatron are weak to no one and absolutely do not need any buffs. They’re the leaders and they’re among the games best. The only one genuinely better than them is an old god.

They may be among the games best but would you really put prime on the same pedestal as megatron? Duped or unduped, and looking at bots who they have class advantage against especially, megatron comes out on top. I’d even go as far as to say duped nemesis is better than prime, being able to heal without synergies
    I absolutely agree Grimlock needs some tweaking. He is unbelievable pillow fisted and his armor sucks. The only lane he really shines in is shock block where you can stack the debuffs...and raids. I like Grimlock, but he's supposed to be powerful, and he's just not.

He is really powerful :) He get meelee buff without taking DoT damage and with his specials too :)
    In sig lvl 6 he got almost 10% meelee buff per stack (!) So if you get just 3-4 buff (which is really not that hard to get) It's about 35% meelee buff.. so I can't agree with you sorry (My favourite bot is him, so I know what am I talking about)
    As far as I know when he is at sig lvl100 he will get 20% meelee dmg/stack.. He is going to be more and more powerful with his sig (like for example Soundwave or Ironhide )

It’s difficult to put him on the same pedestal as duped primal though. Especially in a beast team. Never mind just purify, factor in his heal as well and he becomes the long fight better option. A good player can come out better off than when they went in against a BC.

Grim is great yes, but not the best brawler. Especially when it comes to synergies.
    There we go, it’s fixed

My point still stands

And not to kill discussion, but Optimus Prime and Megatron do not need buffs. I can effectively fight every bot in the game with either of them. I’ve even taken out Bonecrushers and Megatronus’ with them because they’re just that good. Optimus Prime and Megatron are weak to no one and absolutely do not need any buffs. They’re the leaders and they’re among the games best. The only one genuinely better than them is an old god.

They may be among the games best but would you really put prime on the same pedestal as megatron? Duped or unduped, and looking at bots who they have class advantage against especially, megatron comes out on top. I’d even go as far as to say duped nemesis is better than prime, being able to heal without synergies

It’s difficult to put him on the same pedestal as duped primal though. Especially in a beast team. Never mind just purify, factor in his heal as well and he becomes the long fight better option. A good player can come out better off than when they went in against a BC.

Grim is great yes, but not the best brawler. Especially when it comes to synergies.

Optimus Prime has less utility than Megatron. But he’s still able to put out more damage and take less damage on his own. Megatron is great, but he isn’t that much better than Prime, and he’s a lot harder to use.
    BrickT1973 wrote: »
    There we go, it’s fixed

My point still stands

Optimus Prime has less utility than Megatron. But he’s still able to put out more damage and take less damage on his own. Megatron is great, but he isn’t that much better than Prime, and he’s a lot harder to use.

Depends on how you mean by harder to use. If you mean having to fuse his debuffs, I find it fairly straightforward. Opponent never seems to dodge the first one. Ok prime can heal, but it’s still chance. It’s not guaranteed. Meg can have multiple, practically permanent if your offensive enough, armour breaks on the go at once. Primes run our eventually, even if that sp2 is nasty. Prime can bleed, but again, reliant on crits. Meg can again have multiple shocks churning away with a good offence game, and the duration of them means they can afford a slightly passive play to let them burn away at the opponent. The % on that shock is nasty, prime can’t match it for all the sig level in the world when you compare the DOT total dealt over time. Power rate debuffs, need more be said? Prime has armour. It’s practically a safeguard against heavies considering the duration. Meg reduces the hardest hitting opponents to pillow fists with the attack down debuff. Again, practically permanent.

I’m not gonna go into how effective he is on spotlights. That explains itself. Or about the vs primal debate.

Prime is great, I won’t deny that. But by god he doesn’t compare to megatron. Especially a duped one. He isn’t that hard to play really. If your totally used to using him, he’s the mainstay of any team.

He buffs shockwave, how much more could a bot possibly give?
    BrickT1973 wrote: »
    There we go, it’s fixed

My point still stands

Depends on how you mean by harder to use. If you mean having to fuse his debuffs, I find it fairly straightforward. Opponent never seems to dodge the first one. Ok prime can heal, but it’s still chance. It’s not guaranteed. Meg can have multiple, practically permanent if your offensive enough, armour breaks on the go at once. Primes run our eventually, even if that sp2 is nasty. Prime can bleed, but again, reliant on crits. Meg can again have multiple shocks churning away with a good offence game, and the duration of them means they can afford a slightly passive play to let them burn away at the opponent. The % on that shock is nasty, prime can’t match it for all the sig level in the world when you compare the DOT total dealt over time. Power rate debuffs, need more be said? Prime has armour. It’s practically a safeguard against heavies considering the duration. Meg reduces the hardest hitting opponents to pillow fists with the attack down debuff. Again, practically permanent.

I’m not gonna go into how effective he is on spotlights. That explains itself. Or about the vs primal debate.

Prime is great, I won’t deny that. But by god he doesn’t compare to megatron. Especially a duped one. He isn’t that hard to play really. If your totally used to using him, he’s the mainstay of any team.

He buffs shockwave, how much more could a bot possibly give?

I’ll try and say it relatively quick

Optimus Prime is just straight forward. He’s got decent Armor buffs after blocking, and on a full team that brief Armor buff will practically negate all melee damage. Also on a full team, using a heavy attack will increase his attack by nearly 100% for a few seconds, letting a basic combo deal damage equivalent to a special attack, and special attacks just becoming devastating. Then there’s his easy access permanent armor break and from there, his Bleeds, among the strongest in the game and without a doubt the easiest to land. His synergy with Ratchet let’s him heal for 10% of his health on a heavy in exchange for some of his attack buffs. He is both an unstoppable force and an immovable object.

Megatron is all about offense. He has no buffs of his own to increase his attack or his armor. Only powerful debuffs that almost nobody can stand up against. His armor breaks make him hit harder, his attack downs make serve as his own armor, his shocks ensure that even a repair will be wasted. With Shockwave he gains the chance to less their power flow, and with Starscream he gains one stun on every special attack. But Megatron is harder to use because not only do you need to land multiple special attacks, you need to land his heavy attacks at a certain time. Only after landing and fusing his first two specials is Megatron as tough as Optimus. Optimus is just strong based on things he can always do. The only time Megatron is truly better is when he’s facing a heavily modded opponent, but that’s risky because he doesn’t have any defensive abilities to help him if he is hit, you just need to be able to constantly attack them.

Case in point, this months Grimlock on master difficulty. My fights against him with Megatron went both ways. First time, I screwed up, Grimlock landed a combo, and I was dead. Second time, I was able to land a fused debuff, stole Grimlocks melee and armor buffs, and immediately killed him. Megatron is a double edged sword. Optimus is not.
    There we go, it’s fixed

My point still stands

There's not best or worse bot, It depends on synergy and the enemy/lane/mod.. Pimal for example is weak against shock while Grim purifying it too.. Don't say nevermind just purify.. Grim was built around purifying all of the DoT effects, when purify he is buff himself, and synergy give him armor for meelee hits to further reduce the non DoT dmg pairs with high health. He is this type of bot.. Primal built around survivability with his bleed repair and weaken the enemy/meelee buff himself plus reduce crit dmg against him. It's just different.. But I think it doesn't make him "better" or "worse" just different. Fortunatelly .. because if every brawler be able to repair, crit armor and meelee buff himself, there is no point to do another bots :D
    I didn't say it Grimlock is the best brawler. Just pointed out that he is not "unbelievable pillow fisted" as DrShotgun said :)
    And you don't need heal if you don't get hit.. :P
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    edited October 2019
    I shall revive this thread AND make my upgrade for......

Rotf Megs

Impair charges deal 5% more damage

SP1: 30% chance to get the Impair energy buff
    impair energy: gain 2.5% power for each impair charge inflicted in the next 8 seconds

SP2: 5% chance to lose 1 bar of power instead of 2 and 20% chance to inflict shock for 6 seconds

SP3: 20% chance to inflict 30 impair charges instead of 20

SIG:

"Cowards Run! HEROES FIGHT!": megatron gets a unique ability for each special attack

SP1: 50% to not inflict impair charges and to steal 5% of the opponents health

SP2: 50% chance to inflict a shock that deals 100% of megatrons damage over 6 seconds. But if the shock is not inflicted instead heal megatron for 25% of his damage

SP3: 50% chance for each impair charge consumed to heal megatron for 0.5% health each
    At least 10 charges will heal megatron
    (5%-49.5% health gain)