Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Would you be in favour of this idea of a Megatronus rebalance?

We all know Megatronus is too powerful and had no right being released as a playable bot with this kind of strength. If you have a Megatronus yourself, you probably fit into one of these brackets:
1) You have a 5* Megatronus and now the game is too easy for you. There is no longer any challenge.
2) You have a 5* Megatronus and enjoy demolishing every and any bot in the game with ease.
3) You have a lower star rank Megatronus and know his potential. You want a 5* Megatronus so you can become the person in bracket 2 and eventually bracket 1.
I propose this change to Megatronus which I feel will make him more balanced while still being a formidable bot.

Firstly, increase his base stats to what they were before his ‘nerf’. This change did nothing to Megatronus’ strength and really was a pointless nerf which did not target what needed changing.
Special 1: no longer steals power when under RoF. Chance to armour break is increased to 100% at Rank 5. Honestly, I’m not too sure about this one. Personally I’d be fine with keeping it the same as I only use it so I am able to spam SP2s anyway.

Special 2: The biggie. No longer steals Health under RoP. To compensate for the damage loss, increased critical chance and damage by 33-50% while performing this special. Chance to stun remains the same. Combo of SP1 > SP2 > SP2... is too powerful and has no reason to be. 15% heal on an SP2 is huge. Compare it to Wheeljack’s SP3 where he heals 10-20% (average 15%). Removing this heal is a hit to Megatronus’ survivability but the crit buffs follow the Demo class’s trait of large damage specials.

Special 3: At Rank 5, 100% chance to steal 15% Health under RoP, 100% chance to steal 33% Power under RoF.
Still an extremely powerful SP3. Guaranteed heal as with Wheeljack’s rewards skillful usage of specials and without the RNG of no heal/power steal.

Relic of Immortality: Activates at 5% Health to give players a chance to KO him without him activating his RoI with a strong attack.

Relic of Preservation: Remove the 10% ‘shield’ from description. It never worked anyway.

This is my take on a rebalanced Megatronus. Still a formidable bot with less focus on sustain and survivability and more on damage as a befits a Demolition class bot. What are your thoughts? Too weak? Dislike the thought of a nerfed Megatronus overall?
Thanks for reading.

Would you be in favour of this idea of a Megatronus rebalance? 51 votes

Sounds good!
25%
Bazzatron1979Bodyopus79DatBoiPlayzYTMr_WonderfulBntyhntr3232_BonesetterHUNSlayertomajpOptimalOptimus_MV1GrandboubouSpeedy0023ArklaineLegoMaster1997 13 votes
Nah, I’m alright.
74%
JKLGJonesCanuck33BeastdadChuck_CanuckCesaritosMufc14A13X2017ParadoxFuryHbomb76serdoodjimbobthedogThunderman17KashTracked_SignalSkBirdmanBlack_ThoughtbillygovolsMhanoloLarry1337 38 votes

Comments

• Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Just remove him from the game.
    [/thread]
  • Options
    SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    Nah, I’m alright.
    Never going to support a Tronus nerf for as long as Prowl is a better bot in AM. Im sorry, but Tronus is actually not that different to other bots in terms of raw power.
  • Options
    Nah, I’m alright.
    Not everyone has the 5* version, so he'll no to your suggestion. Another pointless poll.
  • Options
    NidRobNidRob Posts: 202
    Those who didn’t have 5* Tronus: lie down, try not to cry, cry a lot.
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Why the obsession with Megatronus (or RR Tronus in raids)?

Sure, he's tough, but there are counters to him, some that are unexpected.

I've had luck with 4* R5 Cyclonus, just a matter of baiting, dodging (for a non RR) or even Arcee.
    He's predictable to a fault.

Once learned, he's laughably easy, even with all the buffs and mods in the world, once you bring in 5* R4+ Kickback or Rhinox into the equation.
    No, i meant please guys, please remove him from your bases, made me wanna rage quit!
    And OGP, Grimlock, Shockwave, Mirage, Wheeljack too!
    Brrrr.
  • Options
    iBKiBK Posts: 200
    I think I’m being misunderstood here. I’m not complaining about him being too difficult to beat. He’s not. I’m talking about him being too powerful to use. There’s no reason that a 4* at ANY rank should do better at high level AMs than Rank 5 4*s.
    @lightningbaron I don’t see your point here. I don’t have a 5* Tronus myself but he ruins the balance of the game by even existing as a playable bot.
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Now understood, @iBK
    There were tons of fellas here moaning about how difficult he was to best in battle, particularly as a Raid opponent on RR or even as Map 3 Boss.

IMO, let players keep Tronus as is.
    Yes, he's overpowered, etc, but he's dull and literally is a fun-vacuum.

No joy using his R5 version for me. Even his 4* R5 decent Sig version takes out 5* R5 bots in arenas, base defense without much fuss.
    But he's popular with those that own him and use him regularly, so to each their own I guess.
    Yes, even 1st appearance Akuma wasn't this unbalanced.

Maybe if they added fun, new bots (like when Jazz, KB-evo or even Jetfire came out) back soon, then we wouldn't be here.
    Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    HZEROHZERO Posts: 52
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Now understood, @iBK
    There were tons of fellas here moaning about how difficult he was to best in battle, particularly as a Raid opponent on RR or even as Map 3 Boss.

IMO, let players keep Tronus as is.
    Yes, he's overpowered, etc, but he's dull and literally is a fun-vacuum.

No joy using his R5 version for me. Even his 4* R5 decent Sig version takes out 5* R5 bots in arenas, base defense without much fuss.
    But he's popular with those that own him and use him regularly, so to each their own I guess.
    Yes, even 1st appearance Akuma wasn't this unbalanced.

Maybe if they added fun, new bots (like when Jazz, KB-evo or even Jetfire came out) back soon, then we wouldn't be here.
    Fingers crossed.

New bots? If it is pasión, forget, it a little over 1 week ago they practically said that this will not happen

It's sad, I know, but that's the way it is
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Akuma? When he first appeared he can already throw two hadokens from the air, owning the opponent top-down. He was later nerfed to a playable one.
  • Options
    Sounds good!
    The best suggestion for a long time.... Tronus breaking the game balance. OF COURSE everyone who has him immediately vote for "no" but I think he really need nerf.. If I ask the players who is the best bot in the game, mostly will say Tronus.. but if you take him out from the roster... The answers will become less obvious.. Megatron with his steal? Optimus with his armor break, healing synergy and bleed? Prowl for his perfect power control? Ironhide with his devastating specials, high dmg burns?

...you see? :) If tronus is not in the roster, the game becomes more balanced...

If he (Tronus) is not that overpowered why is everyone goes berserk? When Mirage or Grindor get an update, no one was whining about it.. If Tronus nerf/rebalance/update is just mentioned.. everyone go crazy... It's shows something :)

I agree with everything what @iBK wrote.. :)
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    I don't see the point nerfing him, either to irritate those who have him, or to eliminate the anticipation from those who don't. It's equal to removing him altogether, I think.
  • Options
    Beastdad wrote: »
    This post is totally ridiculous.
    Thank you for your constructive input.
    The only person I’ve seen so far with any sort of argument against a Tronus nerf is @KillMasterC . If you’re going to say my post is ridiculous, at least attempt to justify why.

• Options
    Starkiller7Starkiller7 Posts: 266
    edited October 2019
    Just take away his dark burn on heavies.
  • Options
    Sounds good!

That's the least OP ability he has :) Galvatron has it too... take that from him too?
  • Options

That's the least OP ability he has :) Galvatron has it too... take that from him too?

Galvatron is fine as he is.

Megatronus, as a playable character, is too powerful. It’s a simple change to bring him back to the pack.
  • Options
    Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    edited October 2019
    Sounds good!
    I totally agree with this

I bet it was obvious for some that I would say this but megatronus...he's too overpowered and he totally breaks the flow of the game...no other bot is even close to his power and they need to either give all other bots a major buff or give tronus a nerf...

If tronus is nerfed the greatest friend and foe is worse and I'm Ok with that...this nerf isn't even too bad for tronus...it's actually minor and I see no reason why not implement it...

And for the players information G1 Bee destroys Tronus...even on RR
  • Options
    iBK wrote: »
    The only person I’ve seen so far with any sort of argument against a Tronus nerf is @KillMasterC . If you’re going to say my post is ridiculous, at least attempt to justify why.

You're welcome.

Some posts are so ridiculous that they do not warrant nor need any sort of retort. (The votes at the top of the page should suffice)
    In short you don’t want to lose your overpowered Megatronus. Gotcha.
  • Options
    Not really an important part of his kit. His heal most specifically needs a nerf, not dark burn to be honest.

• Options

You're welcome.

Some posts are so ridiculous that they do not warrant nor need any sort of retort. (The votes at the top of the page should suffice)
    In short you don’t want to lose your overpowered Megatronus. Gotcha.

Seeing as how I've been advocating him being available for bot chip purchase for a year, your little theory does not hold much water.

At this stage of the game, removing anything at all that is remotely fun is just not smart. (Tronus is fun to use)

When did I say he should be removed? I don't remember saying that at al.
    Advocating him being available for bot chips doesn't have anything to do with my original statement of you losing your overpowered Megatronus. It just means more people will have him but sure.
  • Options
    NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    Aaaaand this is precisely the problem with suggestions regarding either further nerfing Tronus or removing him entirely. As @Beastdad mentioned, removing one of the fun factors from the game simply equates to kicking FTF while it's down. The game is struggling enough as it is. I would much prefer the devs to spend their time and resources on any countless number of bug fixes, change suggestions or other content.

And for the record, I don't have a 5* Tronus, and I could take him or leave him. He's not that horrific to encounter on raids either.
  • Options
    Sounds good!
    So that is a fun thing that someone has him ranked him up to 4/5 or 5/5......

...AND AFTER IT saying that the game is too easy...

Easy with a power stealer, health regener, armor breaker, damage decreaser, self damage buffer, enemy ability nullifier, dark burner and at the end of his health bar, immortal bot?

Yeah that's pretty fun.. 👍
  • Options
    Sounds good!
    So that is a fun thing that someone has him ranked him up to 4/5 or 5/5......

Yes, winning is fun. Any other asinine questions? I have maxed out 5* bots on my roster and even I still enjoy playing with my my maxed out 4* Tronus the most. If they ever smarten up and release the 5* version I'll have even more fun.

It isn't true fun without a challenge
  • Options
    Nah, I’m alright.
    So isn’t the real problem the lack of a true challenge? Basically what everyone is saying is that tronus makes every single fight easy and hence rework all his mechanics. Your issues with tronus are utterly ridiculous. If u feel that tronus makes every fight easy, simple solution. Don’t use him, try other bots and experiment with other squad builds, give other less popular bots like hound a shot. Let people who like using tronus continue using him and liking him for what he can do. So what if tronus wins easily? How does one winning easily with tronus affect u in any way, shape or form? There isn’t a PvP ranked system that constantly warrants regular balance changes . Looking at the current state of the game, instead of complaining about people winning easily with tronus, complain about the lack of challenging content.