Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Would you be in favour of this idea of a Megatronus rebalance?

13»

Comments

• Options
    sc00b3sc00b3 Posts: 33
    So... this thread has probably been beaten to death, so only 2 points (IMHO):
    1) if he is a god, why isn’t everybody who has him doing D140 in AM (hint, he’s not)
    2) speaking from experience, we breathe a sight of relief when he’s open in AM, not because he’s hard, but because he’s easily beatable (sans counters).
  • Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Nah, I’m alright.
    If Megatronus is a God then what do we consider the bots who are above him? If Megatronus apparently needs a fix then so does so many others.
  • Options
    Kitten wrote: »
    If Megatronus is a God then what do we consider the bots who are above him?

Nonbelievers
  • Options
    BonesetterHUNBonesetterHUN Posts: 367
    edited October 2019
    Sounds good!
    No one gets the point as I see.. everyone just mentioning his origin story, backstory, role in the TF universe...

...It's not relevant.. the problem is AS A CHARACTER IN A GAME he has too much advantage/extremely useful ability COMPARED TO THE OTHERS.. not the comic... not in the animated series..not in Hasbro developers mind..

If we follow these thougts, then Optimus will be the best/strongest/most versatile bot because he killed the Fallen in the movie...

...the original G1 Series he was stronger than any autobot, and any decepticon (only Megatron could stand a chance but in the '86 movie optimus beat him..) so give every optimus character at least 4 more ability... get it already? We are talking from a fighting game, not the fact that in the original Transformers universe who is stronger than others, and who is a god or just a minion...

Tronus is broken, OP objectively.. (actually he is not broken, he breaks the balance of the game, and overshadowing other characters..all of them)
    No need to defend him that he can be beat easily... thats the player's skill not the bot itself.. I can beat Tronus with an unduped tactician Sharkticon too... If I play correctly and evade specials and not let him to use sp3... so tact sharcticon is greater god than Tronus? It has nothing to do with the game :)

A little reminder: TECHICALLY if the line don't have any DoT mod (like Harm accelerator or relic of chaos..or what is that burning relic) RotK or master or any game mode can be beaten by a lvl1 1 star tech sharkticon.. technically :) It's not because sharkticons are godly creatures in comics or animated series.. just because of the player

It's my last comment on this thread, I said everything what I want :) I will not cry in the corner if nothing will have changed, but facts are facts.. invalid arguments are invalid.. From now, I just wish for a good time to everyone who have or who don't have Tronus too 🤜🤛

May the FORGE be with you :)
  • Options
    I suggest Galvatron and Grimlock be nerfed too then @BonesetterHUN : they are too powerful in your hands ;-)
  • Options
    Sounds good!
    All I want is for his Relic of Obedience to be ineffective against Tech bots. I can be kicking his ass in a raid, until Obedience hits and I cant stop his power flow anymore.
  • Options
    Sounds good!
    I can see a lor of people dont like the idea of nerfing tronus. If he's the most powerful, nearly unstoppable bot, then everyone's gonna wanna use him and there's no point using any other bot. It's just swgoh all over again.
  • Options
    Nah, I’m alright.
    Bueno respecto Ami no tengo un bots 5* megatronus pero espero que salga ya que todos los bots deberían salir y de eso sería más la queja con todos y no deberían nerfiarlo ya que es un prime se supone que los primes son 100% fuertes no entiendo a los que se quejan del bot oh es que no pueden eliminarlo yo sí varias lo mate incluso en asalto me gusta más bien que salga otro prime que le haga también mucho daño y que técnico

Well respect Ami I don't have a 5 * megatronus bots but I hope it comes out since all the bots should leave and that would be more the complaint with everyone and they shouldn't nerf it since it is a prime the cousins are supposed to be 100% strong I don't understand To those who complain about the bot, oh they can't eliminate it. Yes, several of them kill him even in assault. I rather like another prime that also hurts him and that technician
  • Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited October 2019
    I can see a lor of people dont like the idea of nerfing tronus. If he's the most powerful, nearly unstoppable bot, then everyone's gonna wanna use him and there's no point using any other bot. It's just swgoh all over again.

Not really, there are people who don't like using him. I do but I don't always want to use him.
  • Options
    NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

Not really, there are people who don't like using him. I do but I don't always want to use him.

I agree with this. I'm one of those people who don't like using him, though I enjoy fighting against him in raids. ;)
  • Options
    Dr_YDr_Y Posts: 27
    Megatronus adds balance to the game. (Let me explain) Formerly, ROTF Megatron was the "best" [most ridiculously unbalanced/uber powerful/swear bot in TFFTF prior to his rebalance] bot in the game. Last Fall, We were introduced to Scorponok, Wheeljack, and Megatronus for gameplay and they were the 3 'prime' bots to have. They came in sequential months and required much grinding (or hundreds of $$$) to acquire them. Megatronus remains the only one who is still difficult to defeat in Raids but experienced players shouldn't have a difficult time dispatching him.

Okay, so... I stated that "Megatronus adds balance to the game.". Now I will explain why he, in his current form, is 100% necessary to maintaining a competitive balance in the game and also to provide an enjoyable experience for "newer" (under 1 year) players. His abilities, boosts, and Special Attacks need not be touched or downgraded. "Newer adopters of the game need heavily weighted bots in their arsenal in order to advance and be competitive. There is little way that a newer player can advance in the game, join a decent Alliance, or such without such super-boosted bots. Megatronus is NOT the best bot in the game for experienced (and good, not weak & experienced) players. You build you core attacking teams and Base Defender Bots on personal play style, or Base Mod pairings... that is, if you know what you are doing. Leave the bots alone and add new bots to the foray or work on other elements of the game which have been neglected (eg. T3 Class Sparks for Base Mods, Sharkticons, etc). To end, I re-iterate that Megatronus, in his current form, is an essential pillar of the game and Kabam would be shooting themselves in the wallet by reducing him (again, due to his impact for 'newer' players). Experienced/competent players need not be intimidated by Megatronus…. OR they should GG (get good/better). Just my opinion.

[I am a Day 1 player and barely use him myself. Experienced players should not have a difficult time fighting against him and certainly should not use him as a crutch bot, IMO]

• Options
    SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    edited October 2019
    Sounds good!
    Dr_Y wrote: »
    Megatronus adds balance to the game. (Let me explain) Formerly, ROTF Megatron was the "best" [most ridiculously unbalanced/uber powerful/swear bot in TFFTF prior to his rebalance] bot in the game. Last Fall, We were introduced to Scorponok, Wheeljack, and Megatronus for gameplay and they were the 3 'prime' bots to have. They came in sequential months and required much grinding (or hundreds of $$$) to acquire them. Megatronus remains the only one who is still difficult to defeat in Raids but experienced players shouldn't have a difficult time dispatching him.

Okay, so... I stated that "Megatronus adds balance to the game.". Now I will explain why he, in his current form, is 100% necessary to maintaining a competitive balance in the game and also to provide an enjoyable experience for "newer" (under 1 year) players. His abilities, boosts, and Special Attacks need not be touched or downgraded. "Newer adopters of the game need heavily weighted bots in their arsenal in order to advance and be competitive. There is little way that a newer player can advance in the game, join a decent Alliance, or such without such super-boosted bots. Megatronus is NOT the best bot in the game for experienced (and good, not weak & experienced) players. You build you core attacking teams and Base Defender Bots on personal play style, or Base Mod pairings... that is, if you know what you are doing. Leave the bots alone and add new bots to the foray or work on other elements of the game which have been neglected (eg. T3 Class Sparks for Base Mods, Sharkticons, etc). To end, I re-iterate that Megatronus, in his current form, is an essential pillar of the game and Kabam would be shooting themselves in the wallet by reducing him (again, due to his impact for 'newer' players). Experienced/competent players need not be intimidated by Megatronus…. OR they should GG (get good/better). Just my opinion.

[I am a Day 1 player and barely use him myself. Experienced players should not have a difficult time fighting against him and certainly should not use him as a crutch bot, IMO]

I stopped reading after this "Formerly, ROTF Megatron was the 'best'. "
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Slayer wrote: »
    Dr_Y wrote: »

I stopped reading after this "Formerly, ROTF Megatron was the 'best'. "

Because when u joined, the LGM module has been nerfed, Soundwave has hit the normal pool and Galvatron's been introduced. Demotron was good at his time.