Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Spotlight Mission: Shattered Lenses

13»

Comments

• I'm surprised no one yet has mentioned the sly reference to G1 toy rubsigns, with Wheeljack rubbing his hand over his symbol to heat it up and change its color. I thought that was hilarious!
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    I'm surprised no one yet has mentioned the sly reference to G1 toy rubsigns, with Wheeljack rubbing his hand over his symbol to heat it up and change its color. I thought that was hilarious!

At first I thought it was pretender tech, then I remembered that's something else ENTIRELY!

"Reveal the shield" I think was the slogan for the toys with that quirk?
  • Optima1POptima1P Posts: 136
    Shattered Glass in FTF? You bet my transformation cog I'd love it1
    Optima1P wrote: »
    Shattered Glass in FTF? You bet my transformation cog I'd love it1

And it's a 3 part spotlight!!
    Just 1 more to go unfortunately...
  • BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    At first I thought it was pretender tech, then I remembered that's something else ENTIRELY!

Reveal the shield is a fairly recent thing. The rub thing for the decals was done back in the 80s and I too thought it was funny as hell! I like a lot of these subtle references to original G1 stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMfePzE6zxc&list=PL7rdaJ-IGPKp8EZzNCzTPFqMpqBI9lFnZ&index=17

This one is even better since it takes a swipe at 3rd party toys and imitations **Cough**Gobots**Cough**!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PzBTGZno3w&list=PL7rdaJ-IGPKp8EZzNCzTPFqMpqBI9lFnZ&index=20

Reveal the shield is a fairly recent thing. The rub thing for the decals was done back in the 80s and I too thought it was funny as hell! I like a lot of these subtle references to original G1 stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMfePzE6zxc&list=PL7rdaJ-IGPKp8EZzNCzTPFqMpqBI9lFnZ&index=17

This one is even better since it takes a swipe at 3rd party toys and imitations **Cough**Gobots**Cough**!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PzBTGZno3w&list=PL7rdaJ-IGPKp8EZzNCzTPFqMpqBI9lFnZ&index=20

Hasbro owns gobots though.
  • Wheeljack in Master Mode... You know how "certain people" are complaining about how unfair Tronus was at the end of Act 4, Chapter 1... That Tronus is a piece of cake compared to this Jacky! I had an unlocked R3 5* BoneCrusher face Wheeljack on the easiest path in Master... I was able at times to get Jacky below the 75% Shield threshold with Bleed, but then the Repair Module would kick in, heal at a faster rate than the bleed could drain and put Jacky back over 75%. WTF?!? (Yeah, I know... Cheetor next time...) Ultimately, Shocky got Wheeljack down to < 25% and Grimlock finished him off, but seriously!
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Technobot wrote: »
    Wheeljack in Master Mode... You know how "certain people" are complaining about how unfair Tronus was at the end of Act 4, Chapter 1... That Tronus is a piece of cake compared to this Jacky! I had an unlocked R3 5* BoneCrusher face Wheeljack on the easiest path in Master... I was able at times to get Jacky below the 75% Shield threshold with Bleed, but then the Repair Module would kick in, heal at a faster rate than the bleed could drain and put Jacky back over 75%. WTF?!? (Yeah, I know... Cheetor next time...) Ultimately, Shocky got Wheeljack down to < 25% and Grimlock finished him off, but seriously!

I mean ... You used " Bonecrusher" 😂
    Not saying it's the worst choice but could have used some other DOT bot
    Bonecrusher's debuffs are not that much useful against repairs and shields
  • Transformator79Transformator79 Posts: 216
    edited November 2019
    Wheeljack in Master Mode... You know how "certain people" are complaining about how unfair Tronus was at the end of Act 4, Chapter 1... That Tronus is a piece of cake compared to this Jacky! I had an unlocked R3 5* BoneCrusher face Wheeljack on the easiest path in Master... I was able at times to get Jacky below the 75% Shield threshold with Bleed, but then the Repair Module would kick in, heal at a faster rate than the bleed could drain and put Jacky back over 75%. WTF?!? (Yeah, I know... Cheetor next time...) Ultimately, Shocky got Wheeljack down to < 25% and Grimlock finished him off, but seriously!

I used Tronus for that hell of a guy, his relic of obedience really helped since it didn't allow jackie to gain the force field or repair buffs...

So anyways, was the magnus at the end the real one or the SG one? (I know that it's kinda obvious but the magnus with red optics on the front spotlight banner confuses me...)
    BTW, I'm calling it now: next month's spotlight will be called 'Shattered Glass'...
  • Technobot wrote: »

I used Tronus for that hell of a guy, his relic of obedience really helped since it didn't allow jackie to gain the force field or repair buffs...

So anyways, was the magnus at the end the real one or the SG one? (I know that it's kinda obvious but the magnus with red optics on the front spotlight banner confuses me...)
    BTW, I'm calling it now: next month's spotlight will be called 'Shattered Glass'...

So here is my take on UM...
    This Ultra Magnus is the real Ultra Magnus. His story matches up with what happened when Tronus first appeared. BUT, I believe there is a "Shattered" Ultra Magnus running around New Quintessa that was brought over in the "Crossfire" Spotlight storyline... when you first saw elements of "Shattered" Universe coming over in the form of BayBee, G1 Bee, ... and Ultra Magnus. I will also speculate Nemesis Prime is the "Shattered Version" of MV1 Prime... and was the Prime "Shattered" BayBee referred to when he said he tossed him out of the shuttle.

Shattered World!!
  • Decimus234Decimus234 Posts: 677
    edited November 2019

This Ultra Magnus is the real Ultra Magnus. His story matches up with what happened when Tronus first appeared. BUT, I believe there is a "Shattered" Ultra Magnus running around New Quintessa that was brought over in the "Crossfire" Spotlight storyline... when you first saw elements of "Shattered" Universe coming over in the form of BayBee, G1 Bee, ... and Ultra Magnus. I will also speculate Nemesis Prime is the "Shattered Version" of MV1 Prime... and was the Prime "Shattered" BayBee referred to when he said he tossed him out of the shuttle.

Your explanation makes a lot of sense, I’ve never seen a bayverse shattered glass story though before. So we shall consider your explanation to be the correct one.
    Decimus234 wrote: »

Your explanation makes a lot of sense, I’ve never seen a bayverse shattered glass story though before. So we shall consider your explanation to be the correct one.

I'm honestly surprised that we didn't get Evil Magnus, the art for the spotlights certainly was misleading
    Decimus234 wrote: »

I'm honestly surprised that we didn't get Evil Magnus, the art for the spotlights certainly was misleading

Misdirection. It’s a skill that evil magnus would have.
  • Everyone seems to forget that the evil wheeljack and mixmaster were working on cloaking paint, whats to say Magnus wasnt evil but just acting, guess we have 2 days to find out for sure....
  • Wolfmills wrote: »
    Everyone seems to forget that the evil wheeljack and mixmaster were working on cloaking paint, whats to say Magnus wasnt evil but just acting, guess we have 2 days to find out for sure....

Wait a second... by that logic, how do we know that the Bay Bee in the UM Mission was the real BayBee? He could have been the "Shattered" BayBee because Hot Rod in the Bayverse has a French accent... at least in the movies.
  • We dont.... my pojnt exactly except bee has been one of the main good guys since the start of the trilogy
  • UM was presumed and basically all but confirmed dead earlier in the other spotlights leading up to this
  • Then again grindor has been killed off and randomly shows back up multiple times
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Wait so Nemesis Prime is MV1 gone bad?
    Like in the movies?
    The one beaten by
    The Power of Friendship®?
  • BlackRazak wrote: »
    Like in the movies?
    The one beaten by

Nemesis Prime of the shattered universe, would have been optimus of the normal universe in the game.

It's mv1, but good since Nemesis is a con(who are good in the shattered world)
  • BlackRazak wrote: »
    Like in the movies?
    The one beaten by

Nemesis Prime of the shattered universe, would have been optimus of the normal universe in the game.

It's mv1, but good since Nemesis is a con(who are good in the shattered world)

Actually, as far as I know, there isn’t a shattered glass nemesis prime.