I now have 6 Rank 4 5*s. Is it time to let Megatronus into the forge?

iBKiBK Posts: 187
edited November 5 in General Discussion
I have G1 Megs, Wheeljack, Shockwave, Cheetor, Primal and Prowl as Rank 4s now. Megatronus has been instrumental in my growth over the past half a year but is it time to say goodbye? He is currently at Forge 100, Rank 5 and Signature Level 71.

I now have 6 Rank 4 5*s. Is it time to let Megatronus into the forge? 34 votes

Yes
23% 8 votes
No
76% 26 votes

Comments

• BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,399
    Actually, NO
    Tronus in 4* F100 S71 Form is equivalent to many a R4 5*, despite his stats.

Plus you haven't mentioned any mighty demo bots; which you might need in higher difficulty missions.

I always keep a hard hitting variant of a particular class so i don't get stuck in master.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 772
    agree with BlackRazak.. you don't have a R4 Demo to take Tronus' place and even then, I still think Tronus is better
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 421
    The only reason I would forge my 4s max ranked and forged Megatronus is to forge him into a 5s Rank 5 Megatronus.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,733
    Rid yourself of that filth.

Use a real bot, like Galvatron, JF, Scorponok or wasp.

• Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 887
    Mutantdoc wrote: »
    The only reason I would forge my 4s max ranked and forged Megatronus is to forge him into a 5s Rank 5 Megatronus.

Exactly.
  • Don’t forge your 4* until Megatronus comes into the store, then you can buy him back
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,666
    Don’t forge your 4* until Megatronus comes into the store, then you can dupe him and gain more forge XP
  • BeastdadBeastdad Posts: 890
    No reason to ever forge him. Unless of course you can purchase another one and start over.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,391
    One thing about forging is that you shouldn't do it prematurely, so far I've only done it to 3*s once there at a certain rank and 4*s I simply don't use anymore.
  • DragmaDragma Posts: 55
    For me I only do it with my 4* currently if there is a way for me to guarentee getting said 4* back. Megatronus, if I ever get his 5* will probably never happen, unless I get his 5* maxed out.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 1,925
    Wait till the 5* Megatronus comes into the store then you can unlock the forge 100 capacity
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,691
    lmao a 4* megatronus is utterly useless. He's in the crystals anyway isn't he? 5*'s are just better
    DaveJL wrote: »
    lmao a 4* megatronus is utterly useless. He's in the crystals anyway isn't he? 5*'s are just better

My base defense statistics say otherwise, but yes obviously 5*'s are just better.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,691
    Beastdad wrote: »

My base defense statistics say otherwise, but yes obviously 5*'s are just better.

Base defense doesn't really help progression in the game. Most people can absolutely smash a 4* megatronus now - even r5 5* tronus doesn't pose too much of a threat to most.

My point is that master spotlight, high level AM, the new special missions for 5*, all better off with a r4 5* purely for the HP/attack than a 4* tronus IMO. A 4* tronus isn't THAT useful for late game progression
    Beastdad wrote: »

Base defense doesn't really help progression in the game. Most people can absolutely smash a 4* megatronus now - even r5 5* tronus doesn't pose too much of a threat to most.

My point is that master spotlight, high level AM, the new special missions for 5*, all better off with a r4 5* purely for the HP/attack than a 4* tronus IMO. A 4* tronus isn't THAT useful for late game progression

Nothing really matters as far as the progression of the game is concerned anymore, there just isn't that much left to do especially when so many people have maxed out 5* bots.

Climbing the raid leaderboard is just one more of those things you can do, Megatronus certainly helps that quite a bit both 4 and 5 star versions.