Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

I now have 6 Rank 4 5*s. Is it time to let Megatronus into the forge?

iBKiBK Posts: 200
edited November 2019 in General Discussion
I have G1 Megs, Wheeljack, Shockwave, Cheetor, Primal and Prowl as Rank 4s now. Megatronus has been instrumental in my growth over the past half a year but is it time to say goodbye? He is currently at Forge 100, Rank 5 and Signature Level 71.

I now have 6 Rank 4 5*s. Is it time to let Megatronus into the forge? 34 votes

Yes
23% 8 votes
No
76% 26 votes

Comments

• BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Actually, NO
    Tronus in 4* F100 S71 Form is equivalent to many a R4 5*, despite his stats.

Plus you haven't mentioned any mighty demo bots; which you might need in higher difficulty missions.

I always keep a hard hitting variant of a particular class so i don't get stuck in master.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    agree with BlackRazak.. you don't have a R4 Demo to take Tronus' place and even then, I still think Tronus is better
  • The only reason I would forge my 4s max ranked and forged Megatronus is to forge him into a 5s Rank 5 Megatronus.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Rid yourself of that filth.

Use a real bot, like Galvatron, JF, Scorponok or wasp.

• Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Mutantdoc wrote: »
    The only reason I would forge my 4s max ranked and forged Megatronus is to forge him into a 5s Rank 5 Megatronus.

Exactly.
  • Don’t forge your 4* until Megatronus comes into the store, then you can buy him back
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Don’t forge your 4* until Megatronus comes into the store, then you can dupe him and gain more forge XP
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    One thing about forging is that you shouldn't do it prematurely, so far I've only done it to 3*s once there at a certain rank and 4*s I simply don't use anymore.
  • DragmaDragma Posts: 70
    For me I only do it with my 4* currently if there is a way for me to guarentee getting said 4* back. Megatronus, if I ever get his 5* will probably never happen, unless I get his 5* maxed out.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    Wait till the 5* Megatronus comes into the store then you can unlock the forge 100 capacity
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    lmao a 4* megatronus is utterly useless. He's in the crystals anyway isn't he? 5*'s are just better
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Beastdad wrote: »
    DaveJL wrote: »
    lmao a 4* megatronus is utterly useless. He's in the crystals anyway isn't he? 5*'s are just better

My base defense statistics say otherwise, but yes obviously 5*'s are just better.

Base defense doesn't really help progression in the game. Most people can absolutely smash a 4* megatronus now - even r5 5* tronus doesn't pose too much of a threat to most.

My point is that master spotlight, high level AM, the new special missions for 5*, all better off with a r4 5* purely for the HP/attack than a 4* tronus IMO. A 4* tronus isn't THAT useful for late game progression