Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Prepare for Beast Wars!

Comments

• Options
    Voltron wrote: »
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    Anyone do the math yet? Is it possible to reach 20k BW chips in 3 weeks WITHOUT buying an energon pack?

Edit: Nevermind, I see that we don’t know exactly how many arena days there are. I guess if you assume that a week’s worth is 7 daily arenas you can derive that in total you can earn 19,540 BW chips. Hopefully the BW bot you want rotates in towards the end of the event.

I assume this is accounting for a high or decent rank in the arenas?

I did a lower rank and it's not even close to 20k chips. Mods on discord were promoting this event as a very optional Arena event but it's clear that is way off course. If you want 20ks chips you're going need to grind away in Arenas during the holidays.

here are the numbers/totals to see if it's worth your time:

7 day calendar chips ( 1 week. we'll see if they repeat this 3x): 960
    100% Proving Fields (x6): 4,410
    All levels Chrono Vector: 5720
    All BW Objectives: 3730

Non arena Total: 14,820

7-day Arena/ Last Milestone: 2,128

So what I'm hearing is that FTP players will need to grind the feces out of arena to make up the extra cheeps from BW teams. If that's the case, it'd take around 100 BW team rounds to make up the deficit. 15 BW teams per day sounds a little bleak unless you hit one every round.
  • Options
    VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Voltron wrote: »
    Anyone do the math yet? Is it possible to reach 20k BW chips in 3 weeks WITHOUT buying an energon pack?

Edit: Nevermind, I see that we don’t know exactly how many arena days there are. I guess if you assume that a week’s worth is 7 daily arenas you can derive that in total you can earn 19,540 BW chips. Hopefully the BW bot you want rotates in towards the end of the event.

I assume this is accounting for a high or decent rank in the arenas?

I did a lower rank and it's not even close to 20k chips. Mods on discord were promoting this event as a very optional Arena event but it's clear that is way off course. If you want 20ks chips you're going need to grind away in Arenas during the holidays.

here are the numbers/totals to see if it's worth your time:

7 day calendar chips ( 1 week. we'll see if they repeat this 3x): 960
    100% Proving Fields (x6): 4,410
    All levels Chrono Vector: 5720
    All BW Objectives: 3730

Non arena Total: 14,820

7-day Arena/ Last Milestone: 2,128

So what I'm hearing is that FTP players will need to grind the feces out of arena to make up the extra cheeps from BW teams. If that's the case, it'd take around 100 BW team rounds to make up the deficit. 15 BW teams per day sounds a little bleak unless you hit one every round.

the variables will be arena ranking (if people are going to go all out), how often you'll get a BW AI team for the extra chips and if they recycle the freebie chip calendar.

at least for now.. plan on having to hit the last milestone in each BW arena for a shot at 20k.
  • Options
    McBusketMcBusket Posts: 174
    @OptimalOptimus_MV1 people felt the same way last year for the Grindfest that was the Goldwheels crystals. its pretty much expected the grindfest always takes place the week of xmas. But once again its our own volition if we want to grind or not.
  • Options
    McBusket wrote: »
    @OptimalOptimus_MV1 people felt the same way last year for the Grindfest that was the Goldwheels crystals. its pretty much expected the grindfest always takes place the week of xmas. But once again its our own volition if we want to grind or not.

Yes, and it is designed to be prohibitively grindy to promote chip sales.
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    The bots you give are too OP. Or make the opponents tougher. You defeat them before you can really see what they can do. I couldn’t get Scorponok to S3 in any of the fights today.
  • Options
    Not worth the time or effort in my opinion. There is no decent exclusive 5* to obtain like in the G1 event, nothing even remotely new or interesting in the gameplay aspect. Just more grinding for little reward. You basically can't be involved in this event if you want anything decent out of it and you're a casual mobile player. It's for people with masses of free time or bottemless wallets.
    We're gonna keep saying it till someone listens or the game dies. If you want us to grind our asses off, then it needs to be for NEW BOTS.
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Gungnir wrote: »
    We're gonna keep saying it till someone listens or the game dies. If you want us to grind our asses off, then it needs to be for NEW BOTS.

No sense saying anything. They’ve already decided that new bots weren’t important enough to the game to put their focus on. Whether you believe it or not, that’s their story and they’re going to stick with it.

But shouldn’t you be really happy? Since then, we’ve gotten half a year or reforged spotlights, a couple chapters of act 4 for new players, a Discord server, and now this Beast Wars event! 😮
  • Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    No holiday crystals, but instead a grinding event once again. Yeah merry Christmas kabam
  • Options
    Starkiller7Starkiller7 Posts: 266
    edited December 2019
    I’m just glad we got more Scorp/Wasp dialog today. All that was missing was Shakespeare and tape birdzzz...
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Okay guys, can we put aside our difference (similarity, to be fair) and start a thread asking, politely, for next month's bots?
  • Options
    JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Okay guys, can we put aside our difference (similarity, to be fair) and start a thread asking, politely, for next month's bots?

Well, since there are only 6 left before the rotation starts over, I’ll guess for both Jan and Feb.

Jan:
    Grimlock
    Starscream
    Wheeljack

Feb:
    Soundwave
    Drift
    Galvatron
  • Options

Well, since there are only 6 left before the rotation starts over, I’ll guess for both Jan and Feb.

Jan:
    Grimlock
    Starscream
    Wheeljack

Feb:
    Soundwave
    Drift
    Galvatron

So what happens in March? Y2K?
  • Options
    TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    edited December 2019

Jan:
    Grimlock
    Starscream
    Wheeljack

Feb:
    Soundwave
    Drift
    Galvatron

You and I pretty much have the same line of thinking (BTW, Buff Predictions are Grimlock in January and Soundwave in February). But let’s take it one step further, shall we? Let’s predict the name of the Trios. For January, I will go with the Rebellious Trio. February... we’ll call them the Merciless Trio.
  • Options
    Soundwave for the buff +1
  • Options

Jan:
    Grimlock
    Starscream
    Wheeljack

Feb:
    Soundwave
    Drift
    Galvatron

Y2K20 has a nice ring to it. Maybe Kabam will accidentally release Lockdown (AoE) and Alliance Wars as a game mode.
  • Options
    Technobot wrote: »

Jan:
    Grimlock
    Starscream
    Wheeljack

Feb:
    Soundwave
    Drift
    Galvatron

You and I pretty much have the same line of thinking (BTW, Buff Predictions are Grimlock in January and Soundwave in February). But let’s take it one step further, shall we? Let’s predict the name of the Trios. For January, I will go with the Rebellious Trio. February... we’ll call them the Merciless Trio.

Good angle. I’m going with Soundwave as the only buff of this last batch and that it happens in Feb. Grim already got a tweak back in Sep (or maybe it was Aug).

In terms of trio names, I have zero opinion. My brain blocks them because they are too cheesy for me. Don’t get me wrong, I love me some cheese but have my limits.
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited December 2019
    @JIMMY_SAB it's worse if the trio happens to be complete meh.

Trio of Trepidation
    Tiresome Trio
    Tacky Trio
    Tawdry, Tenuous, Tardy, Tetchy, Terrible, Tedious, Thankless, Trash, etc

Sorry, I'll let myself out
  • Options
    SilverZASilverZA Posts: 363
    Prowl for the buff
  • Options
    Bit off topic (okay lots off topic) but Merry Xmas to all commanders, mods and devs.
    Be safe, well.
    Be thankful.
    Be tolerant.
    Be better.

Kabam, thanks for the continued development of F2F, may 2020 bring positive attitudes, prosperity, great NEW content and maybe a surprise or 12.

PS - Beast Wars event is perfect for new and intermediate players.
    Plus veterans get a chance at duping/acquiring their fave 5* beast.
    Cheers.
  • Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Cheers.

Not really, it's still a huge grindfest to get 20k chips, maybe if they gave us a chance to buy any of the 6 beasts at the end of the event it wouldnt be so bad but I feel like this event is a cruel joke to make us grind over the holidays
  • Options
    McBusketMcBusket Posts: 174
    Kitten wrote: »
    Cheers.

Not really, it's still a huge grindfest to get 20k chips, maybe if they gave us a chance to buy any of the 6 beasts at the end of the event it wouldnt be so bad but I feel like this event is a cruel joke to make us grind over the holidays

Hence the exact reason I absolutely decided not to even try or care for this event!
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Rebel Raptor is terrific fun.
    Doable for even intermediate players with R4 5*s.
    Cheers, Kabam; this really was some necessary respite for those of us still building up 5* rosters.

And surely the vets can't complain; what an opportunity to max sig your 5* squad, without too much effort.

Noobs and intermediate players have a chance of increasing sig before forging!
  • Options
    BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    edited December 2019
    Rebel Raptor is terrific fun.
    Doable for even intermediate players with R4 5*s.
    Cheers, Kabam; this really was some necessary respite for those of us still building up 5* rosters.

And surely the vets can't complain; what an opportunity to max sig your 5* squad, without too much effort.

Noobs and intermediate players have a chance of increasing sig before forging!

The rewards for master are great, unless your luck is
    🐺💩
  • Options
    I got a 5* demo awakening , so I can awaken mixdaddy or megatron or sit on it until I get 5* tronus.

Think I like sitting.
  • Options
    BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    I got a 5* demo awakening , so I can awaken mixdaddy or megatron or sit on it until I get 5* tronus.

Think I like sitting.

I got 2 demo programs, one from monthly and the other from rebel raptor.
    Can't use them on any of them and I already have 1 before.

🐺...💩
  • Options
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »

Think I like sitting.

I got 2 demo programs, one from monthly and the other from rebel raptor.
    Can't use them on any of them and I already have 1 before.

🐺...💩

I see your curse has gone viral, @BaRdYaAmN !
    I attained 5 demo sigs out of seven! Five!
    Other 2 were luckily scout and tech.
    .... And a Demo awakening.
    If which only R3 Mixmaster is eligible for.
  • Options
    VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited December 2019
    info been posted in discord so might as well post it here too.

if you're F2P and looking to dupe Primal or Scorp.. you can't. You will need to buy chips. If Kabam doesn't change the store rotation, Primal and Scorp will be in the store during the last two days of the BW arenas...in other words, you'll be short those arena payout plus whatever shortage you already started with. The likely outcome (if you're able to earn 20k chips F2P) will be the 5* BW crystal.

If you're looking to build your 5* bw roster..it may be worth it. If you're looking for a specific dupe, it may or may not.

• Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited December 2019
    I’m just glad we got more Scorp/Wasp dialog today. All that was missing was Shakespeare and tape birdzzz...

Here, here's some Shakespeare......

g71dw7721942.jpg
  • Options
    RaduskiRaduski Posts: 21
    edited December 2019

Jan:
    Grimlock
    Starscream
    Wheeljack

Feb:
    Soundwave
    Drift
    Galvatron

Jimmy, my man, finaly a bit of info that i was looking for. Some next store bots info for the comming months. I do hope you are wrong there and they will release Drift next week, thogh.

@Bilbo...To answer your question there at the end, they will,most prabably, release all the bots in the store starting from March. I think that would be the logical thing to do, not seing other variant of keeping us interested once all the bots were circle arround one time. They already stated that they won’t be releasing new bots. I would chose that option over the one where they start circling them all over again. Also we should get events like the G1 and BW for the special bots not included in the cicling pool, last one being Megatronus, of course. That being completed, after they sqeeze a few events inbetween, most probably in 6 to 12 monts from now they will shut down the game.