Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

This spotlights final boss is absurd. I need help

I cannot fathom why they would make a boss like this. There's absolutely nothing I can do without nanojack. Sure I could attempt to dodge his projectiles but then I get stunned and I'm a sitting duck. I've had no problem completing Master spotlight up until this one. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    LatimustronLatimustron Posts: 202
    Yes it's a bit hard to dodge his sp1 but I suggest for now you start by blocking it. All we have to do is to finish it right.. so just block it.. next you must remember that you can finish him only with a special move so plan your fight that way otherwise he will keep reviving.
  • Options
    Sycko5Sycko5 Posts: 206
    edited April 2020
    Mirage, Scorponok, or Cheetor can work. Spam Mirage’s heavies to dodge range attacks. Cheetor either evades or causes range attacks to miss on dashes, and has a repair block on sp1 to counter last ditch repair. Scorponok’s dazes will cause Wasp’s sp1s to miss, and his venom backfires will do some decent damage. Be extremely aggressive, and only dash back when needed.
  • Options
    Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    Also WB
  • Options
    NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    @Sycko5 hit the nail on the head. Cheetor made that battle short and simple.
  • Options
    VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited April 2020
    I used Prowl for the SP1 drain. That allowed me to stay close to attack without having to dodge the SP.
    Yes it's a bit hard to dodge his sp1 but I suggest for now you start by blocking it. All we have to do is to finish it right.. so just block it.. next you must remember that you can finish him only with a special move so plan your fight that way otherwise he will keep reviving.

OP's talking about spotlight not story. Wasp on hacked aim, fatigue mod, and last ditched
  • Options
    AndiAndi Posts: 13
    Bring Primal my friend...
    You don't even need to fight because you can't lose!! 🤣 The continuous bleeding of Necro heals him

8uez4mvf3wcf.jpg
  • Options
    Andi wrote: »
    You don't even need to fight because you can't lose!! 🤣 The continuous bleeding of Necro heals him

8uez4mvf3wcf.jpg

He was talking about the SPOTLIGHT, not the act. He meant Waspinator, which is the final boss for the spotlight.
  • Options
    AndiAndi Posts: 13

8uez4mvf3wcf.jpg

He was talking about the SPOTLIGHT, not the act. He meant Waspinator, which is the final boss for the spotlight.

Sorry, my mistake. 🙄 I had misread 😅
  • Options

8uez4mvf3wcf.jpg

I'm talking about wasp. I was able to beat act 4 necro with nothing but maxed 4 stars
  • Options

the sp1 is definitely challenging, but I'm referring to his normal ranged attacks. They're fast, unblockable, and deal insane damage. I can't even get him to a special 1 without dying
  • Options
    Starkiller7Starkiller7 Posts: 266
    ChaosDogma wrote: »

the sp1 is definitely challenging, but I'm referring to his normal ranged attacks. They're fast, unblockable, and deal insane damage. I can't even get him to a special 1 without dying

I used Cheetor exclusively and mostly would sidestep his ranged and charge in with a melee and spammed the SP1.

Whatever bot you use, try to stay in melee range. You still have to avoid the heavies and specials but at least you can minimize the basic ranged attacks.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Play bravely. Four melee followed by a sidestep, repeat, or repeat after taking his combo. Wasp has low life and melts in no time.
  • Options
    SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085

8uez4mvf3wcf.jpg

Wait that's a great trick.
  • Options
    Job4abotJob4abot Posts: 40
    Funny cause this is only my second time trying master and I was getting heated that I kept getting destroyed lol. Turns out I’m not the only one with troubles
  • Options
    Starkiller7Starkiller7 Posts: 266
    edited April 2020
    The hardest spotlight bosses were always the ones that revived at the end, Wasp and Megatron primarily. Other ones you could just spend energon on revives until you wore the bosses down.

But a Wasp low on health has a super deadly attack that can take out bots with 1 shot and then still has that revive in his pocket every time you start over. It can be infuriating.
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I just used Jetfire and attacked him a bit and he died
  • Options
    WolfmillsWolfmills Posts: 466
    Prowl was my hero to take out wasp, back step and then 3 evades get in close fo wasp and hang on, spam sp1 and if you time prowls sp2 it will kill wasp both times
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Shockwave, WJ, Cheetor, Mirage, WB, MV1, JF, and MV1P are probably the MVPs for this boss fight
    Funnily enough, OGM with my aggressive tactic helped me clear Wasp the first time despite having class disadvantage
  • Options
    Wheeljack. Easy with him and his shield.
  • Options
    All of the suggestions made by the others are great, especially Shockwave and WJ.
    However, I’m surprised no one has suggested Blaster yet.
    vdwcbotahiyx.png
    His interference slows down Wasp's ranged attacks and devastating heavies. By blocking his sp1 you can even come off with more health (if your Blaster is awakened). Keep on hitting him with your sp2 and you'll have him down in no time, though it's impossible to prevent some damage from being received.

Anyways I would recommend Blaster, WJ (with nano-repair), Shockwave, Cheetor, Megatronus (His Relic of Obedience will prevent Wasp from activating his last-ditch repair buff) and Mirage.
  • Options
    All of the suggestions made by the others are great, especially Shockwave and WJ.
    vdwcbotahiyx.png
    His interference slows down Wasp's ranged attacks and devastating heavies. By blocking his sp1 you can even come off with more health (if your Blaster is awakened). Keep on hitting him with your sp2 and you'll have him down in no time, though it's impossible to prevent some damage from being received.

Anyways I would recommend Blaster, WJ (with nano-repair), Shockwave, Cheetor, Megatronus (His Relic of Obedience will prevent Wasp from activating his last-ditch repair buff) and Mirage.

Or just reflect all the ranged attacks with Jetfire 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    JKLJKL Posts: 997
    DaveJL wrote: »
    vdwcbotahiyx.png

Unblockable range and I think random range speed make it a touch on the tough side to do that.
  • Options
    Or just use your 5 bots that are most probably full health when reaching the boss ;-)
  • Options
    JKL wrote: »
    vdwcbotahiyx.png

Unblockable range and I think random range speed make it a touch on the tough side to do that.

Tough yes. Impossible no. I managed just fine and I hadn't played for a few months 🤷🏻‍♂️
    besides, most of the time it's just super fast
  • Options
    vdwcbotahiyx.png

Exactly. Wasp was the sole reason I took Jetfire and Mirage, no regrets.
  • Options
    JKLJKL Posts: 997
    vdwcbotahiyx.png

Tough yes. Impossible no. I managed just fine and I hadn't played for a few months 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah, you're an expert and very experienced with JF though. I wouldn't expect most to be able to do the same.
  • Options
    vdwcbotahiyx.png

Yeah, you're an expert and very experienced with JF though. I wouldn't expect most to be able to do the same.

When it's slow, that's when it catches me out.

I actually only used Jetfire twice until I realised you could dodge 5 times instead of 3. The rest of the times I died miserably and ended up using Thundercracker or Megatronus
  • Options
    Job4abotJob4abot Posts: 40
    So I did beat him this afternoon. I thought let me give this a whirl again ....not using revives not burning Energon. I brought galvatron (7k) cyclonus (7k) blaster (5k) sound wave (5500) and shockwave. (4800). I did good getting thru all the 9k bot path only galvatron was half out of life....so essentially I had almost had a full squad. I was able to wear him down with blaster and shock and surprisingly my last shot was cyclonus and he did it.
  • Options
    VectorSierraXÎXVectorSierraXÎX Posts: 84
    edited April 2020
    It was quite difficult for me as well. To the point where I was forced to forged all my 4* bots (which I sort of regret still) into my Beast Wars team just to give them the extra power necessary to deal with the hardest path with slight ease.

Rhinox ended up being my M.V.B against Waspinator. His shields prevented heavy damage dealt to him, his power lock on his heavy kept Waspinator from gaining his S.P.1 too easily, Rhinox is able to nullify Waspinator's range mod and special damage buff with his own S.P.1. And the constant bleeds on Rhinox's range attacks and specials helped negate the last-ditch repair mod's effectiveness. All-in-all it was satisfying and a relief to finally take down the annoying bug and gave me a good heads up and hard reminder when I will finally be facing him in R.O.T.K.
  • Options
    MystaJayMystaJay Posts: 135
    It was quite difficult for me as well. To the point where I was forced to forged all my 4* bots (which I sort of regret still) into my Beast Wars team just to give them the extra power necessary to deal with the hardest path with slight ease.

Rhinox ended up being my M.V.B against Waspinator. His shields prevented heavy damage dealt to him, his power lock on his heavy kept Waspinator from gaining his S.P.1 too easily, Rhinox is able to nullify Waspinator's range mod and special damage buff with his own S.P.1. And the constant bleeds on Rhinox's range attacks and specials helped negate the last-ditch repair mod's effectiveness. All-in-all it was satisfying and a relief to finally take down the annoying bug and gave me a good heads up and hard reminder when I will finally be facing him in R.O.T.K.

what?! you claim that you were able to land a heavy against AI? how preposterous!