Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Which Tactician is best for AM(Left Side)?

Hey,

I’ve got 1 T4 Tactician Spark forming soon. I’ve been having a tough time to figure out the AM combination for my team. I’ve got a R5 Megatronus and R5 MV Prime, which take 2/3 slots. I want to fill in the 3rd spot with a Tactician. Kindly advice,

Which Tactician is best for AM(Left Side)? 36 votes

OG Prime
50%
DrShotgunThuleRaduskim00nshineBobnfloydSeb1976billygovolsJIMMY_SABChaosDogmaTechnobotOptimalOptimus_MV1SilverZAYautja_Prime_98Edwardo76FirebotNorrieBertoppert010Cr4zy_Wheeljack 18 votes
OG Megatron
44%
JKLBeastdadFaithz17Gunz0KillMasterCasparagusDaveJLKIZILELMADarkMatrix1121893Issy543SlayerSycko5KittenTransformator79Primerprime5 16 votes
Cyclonus
5%
ParadoxFuryCampxray 2 votes

Comments

• Nemesis Prime is also an option. Do let me know. Thanks.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    OG Megatron
    Duped NP for am.. although og mega does great too and is better as a standalone bot
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    OG Prime
    For me it boils down to whether or not you have to run that tank lane (UM and Grindor). You need an Armor Break bot so OGP gets my vote because his Armor Break comes so easily. If you aren’t running that specific path, than I think either OGP or OGM are best. Wildcard is Tact Bee cuz he is so rare. I can see him being equally effective.

I know Cyclonus is at the bottom of my list.

• OG Prime
    If you had Galvatron on your team instead of MV1, I would probably pick Cyclonus but because you don't have the hand of chaos synergy,I have to go with OG Prime.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    A duped Megatron is outstanding with one exception...Primal's reflect ranged. Doesn't really work well with Megatron's heavy and being able to fuse an armour break. Otherwise, Megatron's ability to steal buffs is great, he can even steal MV1's power flow buff.

Your other options may have less versatility but have the advantage of being able to melee heavy Primal.

An awakened Nemesis could be a good darkhorse choice.
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    edited April 2020
    OG Prime
    In my AM (Lvl 30), I run the left side with an R5 OGP, an R2 Ratchet, & and R2 IH. I’ve never had to use IH or Ratchet in the AM, because OGP can handle all left paths without getting KO’d. Ratchet’s healing is the key to using OGP on that side. Optimus is also a huge benefit when facing the 90% Armor that UM & Grindor has. When OGP uses the SP3 on them, permanent Armor Break renders that mod useless. Also good on the Shifting 125% Armor that Grim & Ramjet has. In the end, Optimus has beaten Necro every time I have attempted that fight... even with a linked Mod.
    OG Megatron
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    A duped Megatron is outstanding with one exception...Primal's reflect ranged. Doesn't really work well with Megatron's heavy and being able to fuse an armour break. Otherwise, Megatron's ability to steal buffs is great, he can even steal MV1's power flow buff.

Your other options may have less versatility but have the advantage of being able to melee heavy Primal.

Fighting Primal with og mega is fine, you only have to land the heavy once
    edited April 2020
    Kitten wrote: »

Obviously, yeah no problem at all with reflect ranged. If you're going to disagree just for the sake of disagreeing, don't waste my time please, thanks.
    OG Megatron
    Kitten wrote: »

Obviously, yeah no problem at all with reflect ranged. If you're going to disagree just for the sake of disagreeing, don't waste my time please, thanks.

Bruh
  • m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    OG Prime
    I run tronus, OGP and OGM and take left left the whole way.

OGM decimates thundercracker as long as you fuse a buff and steal his 400% melee.
    I also feel he is better suited than OGP at taking on primal, MV1 and the two grimlocks for obvious reasons.
    For the armor up lane...to get the permanent armor break he only needs to land a SP1, but for OGP you need to get to SP3 and then deal with the crit chance for the bleeds. That said I typically use OGP for Magnus and OGM for grindor.

Actually...I was wondering if anyone here ran Starscream as I think he would be awesome for the whole thing and I was debating maxing him.
  • SilverZASilverZA Posts: 363
    OG Prime
    Obviously OG Optimus Prime.
  • FirebotFirebot Posts: 525
    OG Prime
    How exactly does OG Megs signature work and when does the prime-ratchet healing come into effect?
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    OG Megatron
    Vinod_7991 wrote: »
    Hey,

I’ve got 1 T4 Tactician Spark forming soon. I’ve been having a tough time to figure out the AM combination for my team. I’ve got a R5 Megatronus and R5 MV Prime, which take 2/3 slots. I want to fill in the 3rd spot with a Tactician. Kindly advice,

I may be biased on this one since OGM is my favorite bot in the entire game. He’s been my AM bot for quite a long time. I can assure you OGM is excellent for Left lanes. His Armor Break can easily clear out Armor Path. Buff Steal works very well against Offensive Buff lanes. He’s an amazing bot on his that requires no synergy (but having Lieutenants is still super nice)
    Pretty much the only bot he can’t handle is BC, but your Mv1 Prime has got that covered.
    As for Primal, you can bait out his special and then immediately snipe him with the heavy to start No Mercy
    https://youtu.be/ggt7bSkQ0LA

Survivability wise, OGP is easily better thanks to Ratchet synergy, so you might wanna pair them up. As for Megs, it gets interesting when you get to interesting when you get to the Timed Repair path + Nemesis Prime. It’s basically a Healing Station down there. Buff Steal doesn’t always work properly but every time it procs he gets the buff (it may take more hits after that for the “nullify” part to register).

If you want a quick and easy bot with tons of healing and damage, pick Prime. If you want a fun bot that offers a lot of utility and buff removal, pick Megs.
    OG Megatron
    Firebot wrote: »
    How exactly does OG Megs signature work and
    It starts to work when Megs already fused at least 1 debuff. You’ll need to hit the opponent a few times with his melee (Specials count as melee as well) to steal their buffs. This signature is bugged, however, as it sometimes either acts as a “buff steal” or a “nullify” when he fights against bots with more “unique” buffs such as Repair, Shield, etc. It works 100% fine against Basic buffs like Melee Damage though

when does the prime-ratchet healing come into effect?
    [b[After[/b] he lands his heavy. It’s completely RNG so you can’t know for sure when the buff will proc
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    edited April 2020
    OG Megatron
    1) Nemesis Prime
    2) OGM
    3) Cyclonus
    4) OGP

OGP is just a waste of space here if NP is an option. NP is the equivalent of OGP + Ratchet. For mts + MV combination, either OGM or Cyclonus has good synergy with that team. If you need to run that armour path and heal path, then OGM is the bot for you. Think NP can handle the armour path but may not be able to handle heal path above D80. Cyclonus is good for MM and that’s about it. MM is on right side though.

Also depends on what AM level you play. Anything below D80, megatronus can take on all paths anyway.
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    OG Prime
    m00nshine wrote: »

OGM decimates thundercracker as long as you fuse a buff and steal his 400% melee.
    I also feel he is better suited than OGP at taking on primal, MV1 and the two grimlocks for obvious reasons.
    For the armor up lane...to get the permanent armor break he only needs to land a SP1, but for OGP you need to get to SP3 and then deal with the crit chance for the bleeds. That said I typically use OGP for Magnus and OGM for grindor.

Actually...I was wondering if anyone here ran Starscream as I think he would be awesome for the whole thing and I was debating maxing him.

The key with OGM is landing a full power heavy after a successful SP1. I don’t know about your experiences, but for me, the AI gives me fits when I try to fuse the OGM debuffs. I am getting a little better dodging attacks, so I’m willing to gamble more on triggering enemy SP1s & SP2s in order to power up OGP’s SP3. Again, if you are going to run OGP in an AM, take a Ratchet with you.

I need to learn more about NP... Trouble is, I only have him as a Max 4* (sig 20), and what limited times I have used him has not impressed me healing or attack-wise.
  • Thank you so much for your inputs. Appreciate it. From what I’ve read through, I believe Cyclonus is not worthy to rank up. I’m doing D70-D75, if needed for reference. So 3 remain. I have a few questions to be asked of the 3 remaining,

1) I have no plan on bringing Ratchet to AM. Is it still worthy of getting OGP to AM, without a Ratchet Synergy?

2) I have not used Nemesis Prime, much. What whatever I’ve seen he heals way too slow on his SP’s which may be not that efficient. I don’t understand how exactly his buff copy works. Kindly explain?

3) OG Megatron is one of the front runners for my T4 Tact. Considering all paths on the left side, the technical question herein is, there are permanent buffs in AM that the opponent has like the ‘Bleed on Melee’, ‘+Crit Damage’, ‘Shock On Block’, ‘Armor Path’, ‘Power Flow’. Now when we play OG Meg on this path, does he permanently steal these abilities from the opponent. I mean, does the opponents literally become like a basic bot till the end, once OG Meg steals off the buff?

Thanks.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Thank you so much for your inputs. Appreciate it. From what I’ve read through, I believe Cyclonus is not worthy to rank up. I’m doing D70-D75, if needed for reference. So 3 remain. I have a few questions to be asked of the 3 remaining,

1) I have no plan on bringing Ratchet to AM. Is it still worthy of getting OGP to AM, without a Ratchet Synergy?

2) I have not used Nemesis Prime, much. What whatever I’ve seen he heals way too slow on his SP’s which may be not that efficient. I don’t understand how exactly his buff copy works. Kindly explain?

3) OG Megatron is one of the front runners for my T4 Tact. Considering all paths on the left side, the technical question herein is, there are permanent buffs in AM that the opponent has like the ‘Bleed on Melee’, ‘+Crit Damage’, ‘Shock On Block’, ‘Armor Path’, ‘Power Flow’. Now when we play OG Meg on this path, does he permanently steal these abilities from the opponent. I mean, does the opponents literally become like a basic bot till the end, once OG Meg steals off the buff?

Thanks.

1. Yes.
    2. He can only copy melee and armor buffs. His chances to copy increase by the dark charges. There' nothing you have to do. It's all #KabamRNG
    3. I believe the buffs will come back and you'll have to steal them again.
    Voltron wrote: »
    Thank you so much for your inputs. Appreciate it. From what I’ve read through, I believe Cyclonus is not worthy to rank up. I’m doing D70-D75, if needed for reference. So 3 remain. I have a few questions to be asked of the 3 remaining,

Thanks.

1. Yes.
    2. He can only copy melee and armor buffs. His chances to copy increase by the dark charges. There' nothing you have to do. It's all #KabamRNG
    3. I believe the buffs will come back and you'll have to steal them again.

I can confirm the Power Flow buff Megatron stole from MV1 did come back. I didn't pay attention with other buffs but I imagine it would be the same thing.
    OG Megatron
    If I recall correctly, Reflect Ranged doesn’t come back after being nullified. Armor still does
  • MystaJayMystaJay Posts: 135
    can someone explain how cyclonus and NP work on this lane?

Cyclonus: are you relying on his dark field to nullify the armor buff on UM and grindor? but UM has 10 buffs so you'll never get to the bottom of it. or are you relying on SP1 that ignores armour, then you'll be spamming a lot of SP1 to kill him

NP: are you relying on his heavy to null an armour buff, or SP2?

What about other options:
    starscream: would null ray work, or do you have to armour break with SP2
    wasp: heavy can null armor buffs
    mix: range acid erodes resist buffs

i'm just curious, i bring my OGP anyway
  • m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    OG Prime
    I think Starscream can do it all on the left side except nullify the melee bleed, seriously considering maxing him.

Alternately, had no idea NP could nullify with his heavy, so that and the heal are intriguing, but lately banking on heavies doesn't seem to be a good strategy...
  • asparagusasparagus Posts: 184
    OG Megatron
    NP doesn't nullify or copy the heal mod. Ogmt steals it though. That lane alone makes him the best tact for the left side.
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    edited April 2020
    OG Megatron
    asparagus wrote: »
    NP doesn't nullify or copy the heal mod. Ogmt steals it though. That lane alone makes him the best tact for the left side.

Nemesis does nullify some buffs and sure he doesnt steal healing buff but an awakened NP can heal on special attacks.

Edit: he also copies armour and melee buffs
  • Yautja_Prime_98Yautja_Prime_98 Posts: 4
    edited April 2020
    OG Prime
    Doesn't matter who is the opponent, after S3 he is doomed..... Will bleed to death.... I've done D80 with OGP and not even scorponok can against him
  • Starkiller7Starkiller7 Posts: 266
    MystaJay wrote: »
    can someone explain how cyclonus and NP work on this lane?

Cyclonus: are you relying on his dark field to nullify the armor buff on UM and grindor? but UM has 10 buffs so you'll never get to the bottom of it. or are you relying on SP1 that ignores armour, then you'll be spamming a lot of SP1 to kill him

NP: are you relying on his heavy to null an armour buff, or SP2?

What about other options:
    starscream: would null ray work, or do you have to armour break with SP2
    wasp: heavy can null armor buffs
    mix: range acid erodes resist buffs

i'm just curious, i bring my OGP anyway

I can tell you that Wasp’s resistance debuffs are worthless here. The only damage I could do was SP3’s burn.

Cheetor’s bleeds and feral armor avoidance is my go to for UM and Grindor.
  • MystaJayMystaJay Posts: 135
    Slayer wrote: »

Nemesis does nullify some buffs and sure he doesnt steal healing buff but an awakened NP can heal on special attacks.

still not clear what exactly NP does on this lane, UM and grindor's basic armor maybe a little different from the mod so experience from arena prob don't count. also the fact that UM keeps building armor so does it mean you have to peel off all his armor to get to the mod? can anyone who HAS used an NP on this lane comment here?

also any takers on how cyclonus works? Starscream?

thx for the info on wasp, ouchies, at 90% resist you have to kill him 10 times over!
    guess that rules out mixdaddy's corrosion, though i doubt too many ppl bring mix to AM
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    OG Megatron
    m00nshine wrote: »

So, my team is Thundercracker, Starscream and OG megatron. I take the left lane, so Dino, Drift, Rhinox, sometimes Cracker, Jetfire, Tantrum, Bonecrusher, UM, Grindor, sometimes Primal, Scorp, Ratchet and sometimes NP and NT.

I can confirm it's working well at mid 70's. The SS OGM synergy with stun on an SP. I use TC for the debuffs and then SS for UM as he can nullify the resistances for extra damage. I also use him for Grindor sometimes.

The beauty of this trio then comes with the Seeker synergy - 75% armour penetration so even when I was running Tronus instead of OGM, Cracker and Tronus could still handle the armour path using ranged attacks (mainly tronus tbf) as his heavy and specials are ranged.
  • VectorSierraXÎXVectorSierraXÎX Posts: 84
    edited April 2020
    MystaJay wrote: »
    Slayer wrote: »

still not clear what exactly NP does on this lane, UM and grindor's basic armor maybe a little different from the mod so experience from arena prob don't count. also the fact that UM keeps building armor so does it mean you have to peel off all his armor to get to the mod? can anyone who HAS used an NP on this lane comment here?

also any takers on how cyclonus works? Starscream?

thx for the info on wasp, ouchies, at 90% resist you have to kill him 10 times over!
    guess that rules out mixdaddy's corrosion, though i doubt too many ppl bring mix to AM

Nemesis Prime could nullify any armour buff or melee buff with his heavy attack, 1 buff at a time. Subsequently the more Dark Energy charges Nemesis Prime gains. The greater the chance Nemesis Prime could copy said armour or melee buff onto him. Since that specific lane provides 90% armour to Grindor and Ultra Magnus. You could in-turn gain the 90% armour buff.

Cyclonus requires his Dark Energy charges to be active (gained after 10 melee hits, 6 range attacks, gaining a bar of power, special 3) in order to have a chance to nullify any buff, including the armour buff on Grindor and Ultra Magnus. Cyclonus' special 1 also has a 100% armour pierce.

Starscream could easily nullify armour and melee buffs with this range attacks alone. Dealing instant shock damage as a bonus. His special 2 has a chance to apply two armour breaks. His special 3 could nullify up to 5 buffs of any kind. His synergies with Thundercracker and Ramjet also helps as it provides 15% damage and 75% armour piercing for all decepticon range attacks.