Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Regular options to grind for T4B and T4C?

While I know that kabam will not give out any leaks to what they have in mind for the future of this game, there are few things which I think should ok to be indicated or to be informed.

-- Looking at the current pattern of the game, many players have 5-star bots already, however, they are lacking T4B and T4C which could enable them to rank up their bots further. Indeed higher level AMs do help here but I was thinking if there are any kind of daily missions or permanent monthly missions that would be available or are in the pipeline, for such players to grind in order to get the above two mentioned?

Admins, @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious
please note that while this is in line with the new content discussions that have been happening around in the forums for a while, I believe this is a very wider angle of information that I'm seeking. I don't need any insights on how or what they will be or any details. All I want to know that will there be any such options that we will get to see in the near future? I'm referring to the permanent options and not exclusive events like the fog of war or any other mini-missions.

P.S I am not interested in any deals that the game offers from time to time as an alternate option, so please refrain from such comments.

I enjoy grinding when its worth and thus the logic behind this post.

If this is a repeated question then please guide me to the relevant thread for further information.

Thanks!!!

Comments

• BonesetterHUNBonesetterHUN Posts: 367
    edited October 2019
    T4b came from arena milestones realtively easily, spotlights of course, mini events sometimes, selling t3b what you can get from away crystals pretty frequently, sometimes you can get 1k t4b essence from away crystals (not digustingly rare), raid store sometimes (but it's not too much), and daily t3b to sell them for t4b

I think a mediocore player can rank up a 5 star bot to rank5 once in a month. I think that will be enough.

T4class need luck from away crystals (which came really easy), and with selling t3c.. which is pretty common in away crystals and if your alliance can do the 10,5 million points milestone in AM, you can get I think 250 shard for t4c crystal.
    Oh and once in a month there is a bot battle alliance event, which gives you 1k shard for t4c crystal.

Without the deals and beside those top ranks in leaderboards these are your options... I think it's okay, it's not too bad.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Every week there is a bot battle event granting 1000 t4c shards provided your alliance can handle d51 for three bg's completion.
  • Every week there is a bot battle event granting 1000 t4c shards provided your alliance can handle d51 for three bg's completion.

Yup I agree with you and I am aware about the event. But I guess, that one event is not enough considering the fact that our clear focus is to rank 5 our bots now. My alliance is one of the top 15 as of now so while we do get those T4c from the bot battle, a permanent grinding option should be there. However this is what I want. Who knows what is planned ahead!
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    10 months to get one random t5 is pretty tough. Fog of War was definitely the best but has made the acute shortage of t4b more evident.
  • T4b came from arena milestones realtively easily, spotlights of course, mini events sometimes, selling t3b what you can get from away crystals pretty frequently, sometimes you can get 1k t4b essence from away crystals (not digustingly rare), raid store sometimes (but it's not too much), and daily t3b to sell them for t4b

I think a mediocore player can rank up a 5 star bot to rank5 once in a month. I think that will be enough.

T4class need luck from away crystals (which came really easy), and with selling t3c.. which is pretty common in away crystals and if your alliance can do the 10,5 million points milestone in AM, you can get I think 250 shard for t4c crystal.
    Oh and once in a month there is a bot battle alliance event, which gives you 1k shard for t4c crystal.

Without the deals and beside those top ranks in leaderboards these are your options... I think it's okay, it's not too bad.

T4b is still a challenge inspite of all the available options and so is T4c. A permanent option will enable us to strengthen the roster sooner.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    The thing is, I'm quite afraid Kabam has no plan to introduce 6* since there's no harder AND interesting content on the way. Helping people to have a dozen of r5 5*'s has no obvious reason.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    edited October 2019
    How about this question/perspective. How long should it take to R5 a 5* bot? 3 months? 6 months? 1 year? So many factors go into this question, right? Are you a F2P? Whale? Somewhere in between? Somewhere in between that in between?

The bottom line is that not ALL player types will be 100% happy with the rate of upgrading. So what is the balance point? Well, if you are a F2P grinder than is 6 months fair? As a whale, will having a deal dropped once a month be enough to satiate you?

Here’s what I would do if I were Kabam:

1. T4B in at least 2 game modes that run daily or weekly. Roughly the ability to earn 2500 to 3500 T4B and T4C shards a month. Equates to having enough to R4 and possibly R5 a 5* anywhere from 2-4 bots within a year depending on RNG and how you leverage other areas of the game.

2. Drop T4B and T4C deals twice a month for each alternating between energon and real $$ based offers (total of 4 offers a month). For example, 5000 T4B shards for energon and then another 5000 T4B shards for $$ — obviously price accordingly. The key here is alternating between energon and $$ based offers which give some opportunity for the F2P to hoard energon and benefit a tad. At this pace, a paying player can R4 possibly R5 anywhere from 2 to 4 bots in about 4 to 6 months depending on RNG. Certainly faster than a F2P but not so ridiculous that Kabam is forced to make harder content or introduced the dreaded 6* bot.

Thanks for reading. It’s not perfect calculation by any means but my hope is that people keep perspective on expectations and what their own endgame is.
  • iBKiBK Posts: 200
    T4b came from arena milestones realtively easily, spotlights of course, mini events sometimes, selling t3b what you can get from away crystals pretty frequently, sometimes you can get 1k t4b essence from away crystals (not digustingly rare), raid store sometimes (but it's not too much), and daily t3b to sell them for t4b

I'd consider myself not hardcore but not mediocre, somewhere in between. I still haven't gotten a Rank 5 5* yet after 8 months of play. How the hell do you get T4 class so quickly? At this rate I'll have my first T4 Class Spark in just under 2 months' time.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    iBK wrote: »

How the hell do you get T4 class so quickly? At this rate I'll have my first T4 Class Spark in just under 2 months' time.

Fog of War should have yielded you at least 1 full T4C of each class except for Tech and likely 3 full Demo T4C’s. The limiting factor here is T4B for sure though — needing 5 total to get to R5 is a lot. For me personally, I sold a ton of T3B for months.
  • BonesetterHUNBonesetterHUN Posts: 367
    edited October 2019

I'd consider myself not hardcore but not mediocre, somewhere in between. I still haven't gotten a Rank 5 5* yet after 8 months of play. How the hell do you get T4 class so quickly? At this rate I'll have my first T4 Class Spark in just under 2 months' time.

Im not hardcore player too but maybe over mediocore a little. Target a month to yourself and in that month collect as much away crystal as you can (no need to refresh for energon, just try to collect as much as you can) If you are impatient as me collect it just for 2-3 days, or a week. It's your decision but count how many t3 class sparks do you get in the entire month. If you sell it, you get 60 t4 class / sell. Not that much.. but if you sell 20 in the month, its over 1k essence. In alliance event (bot battle) you not just get 1k t4c shard but the previous milestone gives you 500 or 1000 t4 essence too. And in those away crystals you sometimes get class essences too.
    I know it depends on RNGesus/luck but It's totally free and not hard to get. Just a matter of patience and luck.
    (T3 classes by the way comes from other ways too of course..increasing the t3class amount you can get in a month)

Im not trying to say these are easily reachable stuff, but I think for a free to play-player It's okay..
    And don't forget that everything is hard in the beggining but beccomes easier later. If you and your alliance gets his/your first r5 5 star bot, you can increase the diff lvl and get higher rewards.
    Dont rush, currently no game mode need the rank5 5 star bots, maybe only the AM's at really high difficulties (80-90+)
  • iBKiBK Posts: 200
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »

How the hell do you get T4 class so quickly? At this rate I'll have my first T4 Class Spark in just under 2 months' time.

Fog of War should have yielded you at least 1 full T4C of each class except for Tech and likely 3 full Demo T4C’s. The limiting factor here is T4B for sure though — needing 5 total to get to R5 is a lot. For me personally, I sold a ton of T3B for months.
    I went on a one month break and missed this event. Came back most people in my old alliance with R5 5*s. Unfortunate

• When will we get Fog of War again? I really need tech t4 but there is no avenue for it sadlt