Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

AM timer

It looks like it's been adjusted again? Wrong way maybe? The timer shows a 6 hour adjustment. I thought the conclusion was a 3 hour adjustment after time change?fb7mcevoajsx.jpg

Comments

• Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    49bf2a3gvp5c.jpeg
    2 hours earlier compared to last week,5 hours compared to the week before.
    Are you changing it every week @Kabam Vydious ?
  • I' okay with this timing.. It's more worktime-friendly in my time zone. I Don't need to stay awake for too late :)
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    edited November 2019
    Vydious answered this in the thread that's literally next to this one. Last week they had issues getting AM started on time.

https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/comment/101589#Comment_101589
    Nightpath wrote: »
    Vydious answered this in the thread that's literally next to this one. Last week they had issues getting AM started on time.

https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/comment/101589#Comment_101589
    Thank you but I remember they have changed it to 3 hours earlier in the first announcement, now it’s 5 hours so my question is the current timing is the right one or is it a bug?
    Thanks again

edited November 2019
    Mufc14 wrote: »

Thank you but I remember they have changed it to 3 hours earlier in the first announcement, now it’s 5 hours so my question is the current timing is the right one or is it a bug?
    Thanks again

If you read the link I provided, you would have seen Vydious state that yes, the current start time of 9am EST is the correct time. In fact, he states it twice, providing yet another link to a statement verifying it as well.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008

Thanks again

If you read the link I provided, you would have seen Vydious state that yes, the current start time of 9am EST is the correct time. In fact, he states it twice, providing yet another link to a statement verifying it as well.

With all due respect @Nightpath these are not same aspects of the issue. Yes, the mods have confirmed the start time and why it’s different form last week. The gripe is that the original communication aka 3 hrs was inaccurate independent of what happened with the launch problems last week. In essence, all Kabam had to say was that they aligned AM to Events aka Spotlight start times to go along with the 3 hr change.
    edited November 2019
    @JIMMY_SAB Ah, we're answering two different questions in this thread. I'm answering the question that I quoted, that @Mufc14 asked:
    "so my question is the current timing is the right one or is it a bug?"

Yes, Kabam needs to work on clarity, but this is one of those confusions that will resolve itself. :)
  • The AM start time was correct last week; this week is 6 hours early. :lol: Works for me, kick a few bots while having coffee and mid morning breakfast.
  • The timing is correct here for that. Previously it had been wrong and therefore it had to be adjusted. The 9AM EST start is right. That is the time which we have decided these events will start.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited November 2019
    The timing is correct here for that. Previously it had been wrong and therefore it had to be adjusted. The 9AM EST start is right. That is the time which we have decided these events will start.

this is why we are confused.

AM started at 12 pm (PST). The notice said it will be a 3 hour adjustment so that means 9 am (PST). It is now, 6 am (PST)... a 6 hour adjustment. You're saying this is correct?
  • Hey again gang,

There seems to be a lot of confusion going around, so let's try and clear this up once and for all! The previous times For Events/AM to start had been 10am PDT/1pmEDT/12pm EST. We adjusted the times, and that coincided with the change in Daylights Savings time, which made it a little more confusing. The new times are 6am PT/9amET.

Now, last week there were some issues with the start of Alliance Missions, and we had to manually put it into motion causing the time to be different, but now they will be going active at 9am EST, as we had stated with the initial mention of the change. We're sorry for the confusion. Changes in schedules can be hard to wrap your head around, especially when it coincides with a global Time Shift.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Hey again gang,

There seems to be a lot of confusion going around, so let's try and clear this up once and for all! The previous times For Events/AM to start had been 10am PDT/1pmEDT/12pm EST. We adjusted the times, and that coincided with the change in Daylights Savings time, which made it a little more confusing. The new times are 6am PT/9amET.

Now, last week there were some issues with the start of Alliance Missions, and we had to manually put it into motion causing the time to be different, but now they will be going active at 9am EST, as we had stated with the initial mention of the change. We're sorry for the confusion. Changes in schedules can be hard to wrap your head around, especially when it coincides with a global Time Shift.

It's not us that doesn't get it.

In the Eastern Time Zone (whether it's EDT or EST) AM has started at 3pm. Your notice said 3 hours earlier, when in reality it's 6 hours earlier.

It's you guys that aren't getting it.
    edited November 2019
    Hey again gang,

This is not correct. The AM Start time was not the same time as other events. The previous time of AM start was not 10 am PDT. It was always 12 pm (PDT or PST). I know this because I've been starting the AM for over a year plus. You guys saying it should now start at 6 am..means your in game mail was not correct. We were not confused. Your information was not right
  • Okay, so. I understand entirely now where the confusion is/was and for that I apologize. There seems to have been some missed context when all of this was originally said and then turned into more confusion on our part, again I apologize for that.

Regardless of what time AM had started prior to all of these changes, it will be starting at 9am EST from here on out. We apologize that it got lumped into the category of the other events and therefore caused this jumbled mess of confusion.
  • You guys at Kabam just gave me the worst headache. :lol: Well okay, bot kicking, coffee, and breakfast it is.
    thanks for acknowledging @Kabam Vydious!

PLEASE NOTE that this 6 hour adjustment drastically reduces the (non work) play time for some of us, and some - completely remove the ability to play the next day. If you ever decide to go back to the old map 3 style length, people will find it difficult to complete the map even with 24 hours.
  • Voltron wrote: »

PLEASE NOTE that this 6 hour adjustment drastically reduces the (non work) play time for some of us, and some - completely remove the ability to play the next day. If you ever decide to go back to the old map 3 style length, people will find it difficult to complete the map even with 24 hours.

And thank you for that breakdown! The way you worded it was like a smack to the face on what we were misunderstanding here. So again, apologies on all the jumbled responses.

As for the initial feedback, thank you for that as well. I'll definitely make note of it and let our team know. It's definitely a change that might take time to get used to with certain aspects, but we're eager to listen to what y'all think as time passes.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Beastdad wrote: »
    I bought it @BlackRazak

Couldn't resist. (huge G Shock Collector)

That's brill, mate.
    And if the posh watch brigade is giving you grief, simply reply:
    Roman Abramovich.

I also love me some digital watches (Junghans M Futura) and bought my (ultra watch snob) father one.
    Hated and appalled at it, but secretly loves a watch that TELLS THE TIME (that he can see without a magnifying glass)!!!

Back on topic; i think the new AM/arenas/store timing WILL get some getting used to, the Asian and Aussie kids will welcome this.
    But even my wife is slightly annoyed i run off during dinner time (instead of around midnight) to go be angry at robots.
    In the long run, i think this timing change is PERFECT for teens....you know, the ACTUAL demographic.
  • Beastdad wrote: »
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Beastdad wrote: »
    I bought it @BlackRazak

Couldn't resist. (huge G Shock Collector)

That's brill, mate.
    And if the posh watch brigade is giving you grief, simply reply:
    Roman Abramovich.

I wish I could wear it partner, I just can't bring myself to do it. Strictly a collectors piece for me
    BlackRazak wrote: »

Back on topic; i think the new AM/arenas/store timing WILL get some getting used to, the Asian and Aussie kids will welcome this.
    But even my wife is slightly annoyed i run off during dinner time (instead of around midnight) to go be angry at robots.
    In the long run, i think this timing change is PERFECT for teens....you know, the ACTUAL demographic.

I get that it cannot be good for everyone, but it really sucks for those of us in the US that work business hours.

Teens lol, yeah that's who we should be working around...

This game is too sophisticated for teens.
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    @JIMMY_SAB Ah, we're answering two different questions in this thread. I'm answering the question that I quoted, that @Mufc14 asked:
    "so my question is the current timing is the right one or is it a bug?"

Yes, Kabam needs to work on clarity, but this is one of those confusions that will resolve itself. :)

You didn't read it right or were just being rude.
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    Voltron wrote: »

And thank you for that breakdown! The way you worded it was like a smack to the face on what we were misunderstanding here. So again, apologies on all the jumbled responses.

As for the initial feedback, thank you for that as well. I'll definitely make note of it and let our team know. It's definitely a change that might take time to get used to with certain aspects, but we're eager to listen to what y'all think as time passes.

You guys fixed my Arcee, you get a 100% pass. #superstar!
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Rocsolid wrote: »

You guys fixed my Arcee, you get a 100% pass. #superstar!

What was fixed?

Thanks again

I remember that they said it’s 3 hours change a week ago, now it becomes 6 hours. Do you get it?
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I remember that they said it’s 3 hours change a week ago, now it becomes 6 hours. Do you get it?

Vydious chimed in and pretty much said that whatever was stated before — whatever it was — doesn’t matter; the AM start time will be 9am EST. That should be clarification enough from Kabam.
    I understand that Kabam wants to expand their playerbase and to make the timing more suitable for their employees 2pbe7daybm7t.jpeg
    But for the current players it’s hard to adapt to 6 hours (5 without the Daylights Savings) change, so do you want to expand at the expense of the current players? Because that’s how it looks like, Americans and Asian players are not happy with this change (at least in my alliance) so do you guys want to write off the current playerbase on the hope of building a new & bigger playerbase?
    Possible solution: can you add 6 hours to the last day of the am? This way you will keep the old playerbase happy while building a new imaginary playerbase.
    This way we will start 6 hours later the first day then we get 6 additional hours for the last day.
    I am definitely not suggesting 5 am days, just extra 6 hours added to the 4th day.
  • What if we all started AM with 5 moves, instead of 3? Would that ease the pain?
    edited November 2019
    What if we all started AM with 5 moves, instead of 3? Would that ease the pain?

not really. the issue isn't the energy to move (with the current map 3) but how this shift has made it more difficult for players from different time zones to overlap play times. More players will have to sneak play at work, stay up late or wake up extremely early. For the Americas, we have to sneak play.. Those in Asia (like China and Japan), they'll need to adjust their sleep schedule otherwise they'll be 9+ hrs late to join from AM start.

We all can just ignore this 6 hour shift and just plan to start AM at the previous normal time..but that'll just cut off 6 hours of AM time..which may be fine with this map 3 but if they were to go back to that long map...

It has made it better to have players from the "middle of the world".. folks in GMT to GMT +4 timezones. They're the only ones that's really benefited from this adjustment.

edited November 2019

Thanks again

And on multiple times after that original statement, Vydious stated that the correct start time was 9am EST. I thought it was obvious from the beginning that the 3 vs 6 hour time change was an error due to lumping AM start in with other start times -- which later Vydious confirmed. I find it quite honestly strange that everyone is beating Kabam over this so much and is so massively confused. Yes, the error caused some grief for some alliances and members, but... things happen. I still hold by my original statement: Mistakes were made. Vydious cleared it up. End of story. I am not trying to sound rude, just clarifying the statement. :)
    edited November 2019
    What if we all started AM with 5 moves, instead of 3? Would that ease the pain?

not really. the issue isn't the energy to move (with the current map 3) but how this shift has made it more difficult for players from different time zones to overlap play times. More players will have to sneak play at work, stay up late or wake up extremely early. For the Americas, we have to sneak play.. Those in Asia (like China and Japan), they'll need to adjust their sleep schedule otherwise they'll be 9+ hrs late to join from AM start.

We all can just ignore this 6 hour shift and just plan to start AM at the previous normal time..but that'll just cut off 6 hours of AM time..which may be fine with this map 3 but if they were to go back to that long map...

It has made it better to have players from the "middle of the world".. folks in GMT to GMT +4 timezones. They're the only ones that's really benefited from this adjustment.

Exactly, the new timing made it better for the middle of the world where I live and another 3 teammates of mine and we are happy & thankful for this change.
    But my other 14 teammates who are not living in the middle of the world are struggling to make it work.
    So it seems to me that they want to ditch their American & Asian players to expand in Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
    I have to say if you are giving up the Americans & the Asians for the hope of building new playerbase in Iraq (no offense I am Iraqi & lives in Iraq) then you are betting on a dead horse.