Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

I've Completed Rulers Of Kaon!

VectorSierraXÎXVectorSierraXÎX Posts: 84
edited November 2019 in General Discussion
Christ almighty, it's been a long time coming for me to achieve this and the funny thing is, it wasn't planned at all! I was minding my own business and then I just thought, "Hey, why don't I try ROK for once and see how far it leads me?" and then, I beat it. It was honestly super satisfying beating one of the most difficult contents the game has to offer. And to me at least I've felt like I just mowed through all the bots like nothing.

Here are my team composition:

ajbtlouo4s8y.jpg

5* R3 Optimus Primal (30/30 Levels | 0 Forge)
5* R3 Scorponok (30/30 Levels | 0 Forge)
5* R4 Cheetor (40/40 | 0 Forge)
5* R3 Rhinox (30/30 | 0 Forge)
5* R4 Waspinator (40/40 | 0 Forge)
All bots are awakened.

My Beast Wars team has always been the go-to bots I would take in practically almost any content from raids to spotlight missions and the increasing difficulty of story missions with each subsequent acts. I'm super proud of each of my beast wars bots and I'm grateful they were my first heavy investments every since the beginning. They've never let me down once.

syd23d3vr4h6.jpg

The bots I've used against each ROK bots:
1. Rhinox > Mixmaster
2. Scorponok > Sideswipe
3. Cheetor > Grindor
4. Waspinator > Starscream
5. Optimus Primal > Bludgeon
6. Cheetor > Soundwave
7. Optimus Primal > Grimlock
8. Scorponok > Barricade
9. Rhinox > Mirage
10. Optimus Primal > Bonecrusher
11. Waspinator > Ultra Magnus
12. Waspinator > Demolition Megatron

Out of all these fights, perhaps the most satisfying of them all to me has to be the fight against Mirage and Bonecrusher.

For Mirage. I've heard a lot of players mentioned to make sure you avoid giving Mirage his special one at all cost otherwise the range speed increase and damage coupled with the shock mod would just kill you if you don't have a way to purify the shocks. It's part of the reason why I've brought along my Beast Wars team with the Beast Purification synergy active, providing all bots instant purification when performed a heavy attack. Now, the really funny thing is, I never knew Rhinox would actually be able to nullify Mirage's SP1 range speed and damage buff from his signiture. The moment I tried it and found out about it, I was like "No way!" and then proceeded to spam Rhinox's heavy attack and SP1 at him whenever Mirage deploys his SP1. It just feels so satisfying.

For Bonecrusher however. He basically just kept feeding power to my Optimus Primal. When Primal gets his maxed armour buffs. The bleeds being inflicted on him ended up healing my Primal more than the damage itself being dealt to him by Bonecrusher. Essentially you could never die and in a way makes him the best healing bot (from bleeds) in the game! And my Primal's signiture level was only at level 9! I just laughed at Bonecrusher throughout the fight and just went at him, giving him his SP3 and my Primal just shrugs it off like nothing, dealing so little damage with 10 armour buffs active and getting healed from the bleeds at the same time. It was great overall.

vhpmw0desko3.jpg

But seriously though, the rewards in of itself, while I'm grateful to receive them, are severely outdated just like the ones in story missions and spotlight missions. 5* bots are out at this point, Kabam. Could we at least get something more or better for which we could use to level up our 5*s please?

9u8atc55wqj1.jpg

And here I am displaying my rightfully earned trophy on my home base in all of its glory. It was really a surprise and I never thought I'd be able to beat ROK at least but I did it.

By the way, in terms of Energon I've spent. It was a total of 280 Energon, 130 Energon on one Tier 5 Squad Repair Kit and x3 Tier 5 Squad Repair Kit (50 Energon each) It could have been way lower if I've just spent the Energon on individual repair kits instead for the final fight against Demolition Megatron. My Waspinator and Cheetor made good work on him. Each of my bots were MVPs. I couldn't have done this without each of them.

Hopefully this thread helps to all who hasn't completely ROK yet and serve as an entertaining thread for those who have beat it.

Edit:
Oh and by the way, it wasn't an intentional testing on my part but I've found out that for Grindor, when I was hit by his SP3, he was supposed to inflict a permanent crit rate debuff on my Cheetor when I've fought him but it doesn't seem Grindor in ROK was updated with the latest patch for him a few months back. The same goes for Ultra Magnus where I was hit multiple times by his SP1 which was supposed to inflict on armour break but it never did on my Waspinator. Ultra Magnus is supposed to inflict burn debuffs from his heavy attacks, SP2 and SP3 as well but it never triggered. You might want to look into it, Kabam. I'm just saying.

Comments

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Let the old bots have their old abilities. Buffs are for players' bots, I see no problem in that.
    Congratulations!
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Congratulations! Good luck with ROTK
  • VectorSierraXÎXVectorSierraXÎX Posts: 84
    edited November 2019
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Congratulations! Good luck with ROTK

Thanks, @Gunz0! Yes, another challenge awaits me! But it doesn't look like I'll be attempting R.O.T.K any time soon I'm afraid. :D
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Congratulations.

The same thing almost happened with me. Out of the blue, I was just giving Mixmaster a go and then I said I'll give Sideswipe a go and then just decided to keep going. Unfortunately, I didn't have an answer for Mirage and he mowed down my team. Then I made some adjustments and tried again a few days later and managed to complete it.

My team was similar to yours, Primal, Rhinox, Cheetor (for the Purification) complemented by "blue" Megatron and Megatronus. I think Primal with at least 2 other Beasts is an outstanding choice for ROTK.
  • Red_Eyes wrote: »
    Congratulations.

The same thing almost happened with me. Out of the blue, I was just giving Mixmaster a go and then I said I'll give Sideswipe a go and then just decided to keep going. Unfortunately, I didn't have an answer for Mirage and he mowed down my team. Then I made some adjustments and tried again a few days later and managed to complete it.

My team was similar to yours, Primal, Rhinox, Cheetor (for the Purification) complemented by "blue" Megatron and Megatronus. I think Primal with at least 2 other Beasts is an outstanding choice for ROTK.

Thanks @Red_Eyes! At first I wasn't sure myself whom I should use against Mirage during my R.O.K run, I thought about taking up Cheetor first since he has a class advantage against him and even if he does get hit by Mirage's SP1, at least Cheetor is immune to power drain effects. I also thought about taking Primal against him but then I remembered Mirage's basic range attacks have 100% armour penetration. I just ended up using Rhinox solely for his power drain and power lock effects to prevent Mirage from gaining specials too often and to push him to his SP2 with my own SP2 or SP3 if needed up until I found out about the SP1 nullify mechanic. It surprisingly worked out in the end.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    You're welcome! Whatever works, sounds like you made the right choice with Rhinox.

Cheetor would have been a good choice too because his heavies can Evade ranged attacks. That's who I started with but my Cheetor was only a 4* so I ended up using (and losing) Rhinox and Megatron as well before finishing Mirage with a heavy from Primal. By that point though, I didn't really care about who I lost because I still had Primal and Megatronus and knew that was plenty good enough to finish the last 3 bots.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Ive actually been trying to do beast squad Vs RoK too, I usually get to Starscream before calling it quits simply because I'm not trying to beat it.

Dipping my toes in the water shall we say?
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Congrats. That Fallen Hand relic will become useful in all game modes now. That 5% is noticeable.
  • BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    Ive actually been trying to do beast squad Vs RoK too, I usually get to Starscream before calling it quits simply because I'm not trying to beat it.

Dipping my toes in the water shall we say?

Maybe you should try to beat it one day, the Fallen Titan Hand relic itself is quite the reward and worth the challenge in of itself I'd say.
  • JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    Congrats. That Fallen Hand relic will become useful in all game modes now. That 5% is noticeable.

Thanks @JIMMY_SAB! I'll definitely leave the relic on my base for a long, long time. It would be funny though if we could actually see it collecting dust on it if it was left on our bases for that long.