Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Rhinox Balance Changes

It’s that time again, Commanders!

Rhinox is up for some balancing changes! Below you can find what tweaks this Beast is getting starting today!

giphy.gif

• Heavy Attack has a 100% chance to drain the target's Power and inflict Power Lock for 4 seconds.
• Special Attack 1 has a 100% chance to Nullify a Melee, Ranged or Special Attack Damage Buff.
• The Bleed time for Special Attack 2 has been increased to 8 seconds.
• The Bleed time for Special Attack 3 has been increased to 12 seconds.
• When Rhinox's Shield is on cooldown, you can now see the time remaining on the HUD.

They may not seem fundamental in the long run, but these are changes we believe will improve his use within your rosters!

Comments

• Rhinox, in my opinion, was already quite good but these new adjustments would certainly help further his potential usage even more amongst players, whatever's left of us veterans anyways. A nice touch-up to say the least.
  • Rhinox, in my opinion, was already quite good but these new adjustments would certainly help further his potential usage even more amongst players, whatever's left of us veterans anyways. A nice touch-up to say the least.

I agree. I’m not complaining against this rhinox buff, it’s pretty nice, but there are other bots that are more deserving of a buff, such as soundwave, hound or ROTF megatron, to name a few.
  • Thank you both for the initial feedback! All of it will be passed on!
  • This could be useful, not bad, 👍
  • He didn't need a buff but this is nice
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Excellent. Excellent.
    Coincidental, but perhaps KABAM must be fond of these overachievers!
    So when's MOTORMASTER getting his buff?
    jqqjvg8surdl.png
  • Luckas22Luckas22 Posts: 53
    edited November 2019
    Guess what rhinox is going to be the edited bot of the month, where is my 5 star reward lol :D
  • Its alright, but bonecrusher deserved it way more than rhinox. Rhinox was fine before.
    @OptimalOptimus_MV1 Rhinox is an extremely RISKY proposition to utilise.

Previous version: When he works, he's a treat. But there are times his power lock, bleeds, etc REFUSE to activate.
    So a boss fight, or raid, vs Tronus RR is downright unpredictable.
    You'd either win perfect or get your bum smacked.
    Quite like pre-buff Galvatron's dark burn issue.
    So now he's not such a dark horse. The fact he might still be open to counters when missing his heavy prevents him from being overpowered.
    So hat's off to Kabam.

Bonecrusher, though. He's wonderfully one dimensional, with maybe a higher chance of heavy/SP bleed the only thing he probably needs.

When severity of buffing bots rears its head,
    1. RAMJET
    2. SOUNDWAVE
    3. BLUDGEON
    4. MOTORMASTER
    5. MV MEGS
    6. BONECRUSHER
  • @BlackRazak Bonecrusher needs a few things to be good..he's decent now, but he could be better. Rhinox may have been risky before, so this slight buff is good for him, but Bonecrusher needed a buff more.

I agree with increasing heavy bleed chance, but BC should be able to bleed when he crits with melee.
  • Awesome! Thanks Kabam. Now Rhynox is not only Great but 100% Megatronus/Robotronus Proof.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    The timer is a nice addition for fighting against him.

How about also re-working how his shield bursts work?
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited November 2019
    As a heavy Rhinox user for raids my feelings are mixed.

The increased Bleed duration is fantastic and unexpected, however, the increased chance to 100% with his heavy and SP1 in practice don't really mean much from my point of view. The chances for those was already at 90%, in other words it was already so extraordinarily high that they triggered pretty much every time anyways. I for one never felt those were lacking to the point where it seemed it was an issue.

For the trouble you have to go through to get a little 4 second Power Lock and 12% Power Drain, especially against higher end content with bots that can just nonchalantly backstep to avoid a melee heavy against the wall, I would have preferred to have seen an increased duration to his Power Lock or maybe even an outright elimination of the Power Lock cool down. And that's not even getting into his heavy recoil.

Do the people who decide these buffs actually play the game extensively or play high end content in the game?

Are there any players that actually use Rhinox for high end AM, like 100+? I've only done as high as 51and I couldn't imagine trying to fight Megatronus with Rhinox even at that difficulty.
    @Red_Eyes you may have inadvertently answered your own question.
    Rhinox's buff enables more players to handle your garden-variety Tronus, without removing the 'challenge-factor' of higher difficulty missions.

Remember the plethora of whiners complaining about how basic Rhinox was compared to newer techs like WHEELJACK or Jetfire?
    And how many here kept on cursing the fact that plenty of 'difficult' bases had a robotronus?
    Well now there's no excuse.
    Democracy.

Best part is, those high level AM will still feel like an achievement!
    He is viable against harder Tronus (i don't play high level AM, but i do RoK and master level missions; where i actually stand a chance against those 5* weird-moded Tronus) now.
    And fellow intermediate skilled players i foresee will also feel likewise.

Still i think it's great news that Rhinox was buffed.
    More utility and less unpredictably.
    He's also more of a fellow tech killer, as the buffs benefit greatly vs Wheeljack, too.

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Insignificant. Proof of Kabam doesn't even know his heavy bug.
  • NorthernLightRCNorthernLightRC Posts: 118
    edited November 2019
    I've just been using 3* and 4* Rhinox in arena, and hit some heavy attacks without triggering Power Lock. With 100% chance and no mods reducing this, it should have triggered every time right? Anyone else noticed this?
  • I've just been using 3* and 4* Rhinox in arena, and hit some heavy attacks without triggering Power Lock. With 100% chance and no mods reducing this, it should have triggered every time right? Anyone else noticed this?

He has a recharge when you powerlock. First time is 100% and reduced by 70 percent the second then finally 0 percent. It recharges in around 15 seconds.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    • When Rhinox's Shield is on cooldown, you can now see the time remaining on the HUD.

Best update, ever
    I've just been using 3* and 4* Rhinox in arena, and hit some heavy attacks without triggering Power Lock. With 100% chance and no mods reducing this, it should have triggered every time right? Anyone else noticed this?

He has a recharge when you powerlock. First time is 100% and reduced by 70 percent the second then finally 0 percent. It recharges in around 15 seconds.

I think "reduced by 70%" means it stays at 30% before the cooldown, not with diminished returns.

Speaking of, it's better to display this cooldown (of 16 seconds) as well. It helps planning the fight against Robotronus, as each heavy is risky.
  • Now he’ll be part of my raid team against those Robotronus’. Ready to R4 him but need the T4 basics
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    If his ridiculous sig is sticking around then how about all scouts who face him get a 100% chance to avoid shock damage against him, but their melee hits only do 20% of their own attack as damage while his shield is still up?

Players are still dying against him with perfect fights because the 50% chance for scouts to avoid shock damage isn't enough. This compromise will keep the purpose of his shield intact against 5 out of 6 classes but still give players a way to get a perfect fight against him by using one bot class that won't die of shock just for hitting him.

Could you pass that on to the team @Kabam Vydious ?
  • BonesetterHUNBonesetterHUN Posts: 367
    edited November 2019
    Synthwave wrote: »
    If his ridiculous sig is sticking around then how about all scouts who face him get a 100% chance to avoid shock damage against him, but their melee hits only do 20% of their own attack as damage while his shield is still up?

Players are still dying against him with perfect fights because the 50% chance for scouts to avoid shock damage isn't enough. This compromise will keep the purpose of his shield intact against 5 out of 6 classes but still give players a way to get a perfect fight against him by using one bot class that won't die of shock just for hitting him.

Two words: Ranged Heavy :P (better with dot)
    But his shields provide huge resistance to ranged heavy. And by ranged heavy with DOT, we're mainly talking about Ironhide which is at disadvantage. Although IH's 0 crit rate may come handy, Synthwave surely was talking about that Rhinox in AM at D140 where Ironhide isn't an option. Another one is the recently buffed UM but his crits on melee and specials.

• JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    But his shields provide huge resistance to ranged heavy. And by ranged heavy with DOT, we're mainly talking about Ironhide which is at disadvantage. Although IH's 0 crit rate may come handy, Synthwave surely was talking about that Rhinox in AM at D140 where Ironhide isn't an option. Another one is the recently buffed UM but his crits on melee and specials.

Shocky is the best heavy ranged DOT in the game and in this case AM Rhinox.
  • Synthwave wrote: »

If this nox had shock block, then I could see this being an issue, but, the fact is you can force him to block by basic ranging and then dash in for 4 blocked melees to drop his shields. Now that he has his cooldown timer displayed, it's even easier to time heavy melees and specials.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842

Try using demo bots against rhinox. Wasp, IH, Megatronus all work well.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Faithz17 wrote: »

Try using demo bots against rhinox. Wasp, IH, Megatronus all work well.

Megatron but not Tronus.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Tronus will crit like crazy against him.