Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Share your story and let's discuss about YOUR future in TF:F2F!

VectorSierraXÎXVectorSierraXÎX Posts: 84
edited December 2019 in General Discussion
Hello! I'd like to welcome you all to December, the very last month of 2019. With that said, some of us have come a long way since this game was released as a beta version (anyone here still remembers it?). It has been a very long time since then and as we're nearing the end of somewhat of a lackluster year for TF:F2F unfortunately. Here's my story of how I've began my own career here:

I, for one, have been active since late 2017. I've took several months of break in between that time, creating several new accounts in the process but the account I'm active in now has been the longest with the most progress I've made in this game. The reason why I stayed for so long and kept coming back was because there's really no other transformers fighting games like this anywhere else on your mobile phone with it's stunning 3D graphics, tactical gameplay and back then at least when the game was in it's prime, a bunch of variety of bots with the anticipation of new bots every month to look forward to. But now, the game is definitely a shadow of it's former self which is sad because, in my eyes as well as many, many players out there who still remains, have left, or will be leaving very soon see a huge amount of potential in this game and time and time again has kept pushing for change, to bring back the glory days of what the game itself once was, myself included. Even though the future of TF:F2F is uncertain at this point. At the moment I may continue to stay and work on my account, leveling up my bots and complete what I could before finally retiring myself for good after another year of potentially no new content in terms of new actual bots, game modes or overall inactivity in this game.

So why don't each of us take the time to reflect on the past? And share your story on how did each of you found out about this game, why did you kept playing since then and your future here in this game, whether if you'll continue to stay or leave in the end. Do share your thoughts here and we'll see what 2020 brings us!

Comments

• I remember, a time, when kabam gave us NEW bots. It was cool, and quite nice. Had a lot of fun obtaining new characters, and building up my roster. I can recall my first 4 star. It was hound, and i was happy as heck. It was sad to learn later on that he sucked(Kabam, you better buff him soon.) Ranking up bots, getting new 4 stars occasionally, and playing the spotlights.. T. I remember forging all of my maxed 3 star bots only to get a 4 star Hut Rud dupe(it was stupid of me, i know) and i was not happy. Heh, i almost decided it wasn't worth it.
    But i continued playing, doing AMs, raids, arena (disgusting) and spotlights. I kept playing and improving until where i am today, and im quite happy of my roster, considering i never spent a penny on this game. Those were the days. But now, Kabam decides for whatever stupid reason to give us no new bots, nor 'new' content. Whoever decided to have almost half of 2019 spotlights be REFORGED is evil. I appreciated the chrono vectors, fog of war, TC NP, the halloween missions, and new spotlights though. However, with the direction this game is going, the end result could end badly. Kabam needs to do something NOW. Everything we suggest, is "passed on to the team", but when would a suggestion be implemented in the game? Perhaps a few times it has happened before, but i doubt now kabam will listen to us, and make the game great again. I'm not giving up yet, but Kabam needs to work on this game a little more than mostly focusing on the 'other game.'
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited December 2019
    TL:DR

- May 2018
    - Laughed at, mocked by veterans for my questions, WEAK raid team, WEAK roster.
    - F2P till 2019.
    - Will stay till F2F death. TF and Terminator are my faves.
    - Regularly try and help community (and will continue doing so) regarding specs, prices, etc.
    - Try and drum up interest on Twitter, FB, Reddit.
    - Started to spend on energon, just to keep the game going...
    - Not laughed at anymore. All your base is belong to me. Regularly top 1-2% in every event, mode. Except AM. However still reject invites to Top 3 cause I'm loyal to the group that guided me in the first place. Maybe once they no longer need me...
  • Been here since April 2017. Will be here until they close up shop. Never spent a dime on the game. There are only two games I play regularly... this game & Angry Birds Transformers. Both have their strengths and weaknesses.

I grew up in the G1 Golden Age. So this game is a nostalgic throwback to my childhood.

I consider myself a teacher to the younger/newer fighters in the game. I want to help them get better. That’s why I have not joined a Top 200 alliance up to now.

However, I realize in order for my Bot roster to get better, I will at some point have to move into an upper alliance. My roster is thin at the top tier (1 R5 5*), but it is deep (I have about 3 dozen bots with PI > 3000). I can explore expert no problem, but I need Energon to beat Master Spotlight, some Act 4, & 5* Chrono Missions. I have no plans on leaving the game, but I would love to see new bots & content.
  • I was here since January 2018 so I could be considered a noob...definitely not a pro yet but I'm getting there 1 step at a time...

I've been a transformers fan since I was 5 which was around 13 years ago it was always fun to watch the G1 show and every other show out there

As for this game I made a promise a very very long time ago around Febuary 2018 that I would never leave this game until I had a maxed out Tarantulas (of whom isn't in the game still) as he was my favorite beast wars bot and one of my favorites of all time

My ideal future of this game is where they continue adding NEW bots and game modes obviously but that's never gonna happen for unstated reasons...

I'm getting my first R4 5* bot this month so that gives me more reason to play and level up...hopefully I'll be able to take on Master and RoK...

Around 5 months ago I set 4 Major goals for myself which are the following:

●Make it to level 50 (Complete)
    ●Beat RoK
    ●Get a Rank 4 5*
    ●Have a bot above 5K (Complete)

All in all I'm nearly there...

That's my story!
  • Been here since Beta. It has been a fun run in the game. I still have hope for this game right now, if it stays the same like this year, then I might be leaving in May 2020. Hoping January 2020 will kick off something now and the 3rd anniversary will bring something new to the table. Maybe the 3rd mission of legends of cybertron
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Been here since release. I used to be a serious player but a string of glitches, lackluster support, outright rude responses from certain Kabam employees and the overall lack of enthusiasm shown by everyone involved when it comes to explaining and listening to players has make me drop out of my Alliance and this has become a game for the toilet and when the other game I migrated to has me frustrated.
    The sad thing is that it would be SO easy to fix.
  • XRETROXRETRO Posts: 26
    I joined the fight during the wheeljack release and i enjoyed the game for quite some time, I was behind motivated to bring together my dream team and to get my first 5*, But sadly I took September 2018 off, but came back in October, I also left for certain periods of time but they weren’t as big as my mom recent on of 3 MONTHS and the only reason I came back was that i heard that NEMESIS PRIME, but aft awhile I decided to stick around and eventually i got invited to the alliance WARYR and I’ve been with them for abt 4-5 months a believe so yeah going strong and I don’t know how long I’ll stay aft 2020 🤷‍♂️
  • Canuck33Canuck33 Posts: 244
    Well done to those who shared their stories so far, this is an enjoyable and positive post. So saying that i'll jump on board.

I started the fight right at global launch coming over from a very good alliance in Contest of Champions, at the time mcoc had started applying unavoidable damage buffs making the game less about skill and more about having the right champion. So hearing about Transformers and having a chance to start from the beginning I was sold on building my account the right way. Then much to my pleasure the fight mechanics and graphics were so damn good I was hooked.

I joined an alliance as soon as I could only to find out it really sucked and the leaders just weren't motivated to treat their players with respect and grow their team, so I created Tool (named after my all time favorite band). from there i started to build a team around players that wanted to play the game, from arenas, raids, and AM. My goal being to surround myself with players that naturally play a lot and have good attitudes. It didn't matter how good you were, if you disrespected the team you were out. Eventually Tool became arguably the top AE alliance in TF and i'll admit i was pretty proud of the crew we had built. To this day the reason i played for so long spending countless hours managing, grinding and helping the team was because of the chat groups and comradery. As a dad of 2 young kids that doesn't have much spending cash, this was a great way of staying sane through all the developing years of the kids. Thanks for all the laughs fellas!

So to keep a long story short i recently have stepped down from leading Tool likely for good and joined a much more relaxed environment as the family is growing up. There's no more nap times to sit and play, their bed times are getting later, and all the life activities just don't leave me the time to grind anymore. The future seems a bit unknown as to whether i continue playing or not, but that will ultimately depend on what improvements the Kabam team can come up with to garner interest. If we continue down the same path with no new bots i probably won't last too many more months,

Last but not least, great job by the Kabam team who helped develop this game, it is a very fun way to pass the time that held my interest for more than a couple years. If i had spent all those hours at the pub i'd be living in a dumpster right about now LOL. I hope this game can continue to progress and one day draw me back into a competitive situation, but for now it's chill time :smile:

Cheers, Canuck

• VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    Act I: The Discovery
    - It was 6 months after release, but I knew right away I would love this game. I’ll credit this to the low barrier to entry. I loved, loved that a 1 Star bot could knock down a much more high powered bot with the same attack that every bot could do.
    - Fight dynamics were clearly well designed and I found myself comparing them to a lifetime of fighting games that I spent countless hours trying to master. For me, Mortal Kombat II is tops on my list and this game immediately awestruck me with how well it played and how apparent it’s potential is — especially on a mobile device.

Act II: The Leap
    - I transitioned from F2P to spender ($20-40 a month). The entertainment value alone was worth it. Added bonus was that it helped me stopped spending $$ on vices such as alcohol and gambling.
    - I came to the realization that becoming a “ninja” was the endgame for me. As an example, D140 with no item use with max score may never happen but is what keeps me going. It’s actually very fulfilling to root my game goals in something other than acquiring a new bot because it is something I can actually control. Not meaning to preach, but wanted to convey the zen-like state of being that comes from this approach.

Act III: The Camaradie
    - In addition to my long term goal noted above, it’s the player base that keeps me here. All of us that play share a level of passion for Transformers that runs deep. It’s a microcosm of the connected world we live in. Amazing that it draws from IP that is now nearly 40 yrs old. Imagine another 40 years from now when Transformers is still a thing?
    - I play this game openly. What I mean is I am not sneaking off away from my wife or family because I am ashamed of it. Doing so, is what keeps me from feeling like it’s a grind. It reminds me to pick my head up from my phone and take in life. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not booting up the game in the workplace in front of my boss. I am fortunate to be afforded the time to play on a regular basis. All this to say that no matter what Kabam brings next for TFTF, I am at peace and content with how I engage with this wonderful game.

I’ll close with this quote:

“Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment, that which they cannot anticipate.”

- Sun Tzu (The Art of War)

when will we get Act 4? ;)
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    I just kinda stumbled into this game, that's it...
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Canuck33 wrote: »
    Well done to those who shared their stories so far, this is an enjoyable and positive post. So saying that i'll jump on board.

I started the fight right at global launch coming over from a very good alliance in Contest of Champions, at the time mcoc had started applying unavoidable damage buffs making the game less about skill and more about having the right champion. So hearing about Transformers and having a chance to start from the beginning I was sold on building my account the right way. Then much to my pleasure the fight mechanics and graphics were so damn good I was hooked.

I joined an alliance as soon as I could only to find out it really sucked and the leaders just weren't motivated to treat their players with respect and grow their team, so I created Tool (named after my all time favorite band). from there i started to build a team around players that wanted to play the game, from arenas, raids, and AM. My goal being to surround myself with players that naturally play a lot and have good attitudes. It didn't matter how good you were, if you disrespected the team you were out. Eventually Tool became arguably the top AE alliance in TF and i'll admit i was pretty proud of the crew we had built. To this day the reason i played for so long spending countless hours managing, grinding and helping the team was because of the chat groups and comradery. As a dad of 2 young kids that doesn't have much spending cash, this was a great way of staying sane through all the developing years of the kids. Thanks for all the laughs fellas!

So to keep a long story short i recently have stepped down from leading Tool likely for good and joined a much more relaxed environment as the family is growing up. There's no more nap times to sit and play, their bed times are getting later, and all the life activities just don't leave me the time to grind anymore. The future seems a bit unknown as to whether i continue playing or not, but that will ultimately depend on what improvements the Kabam team can come up with to garner interest. If we continue down the same path with no new bots i probably won't last too many more months,

Last but not least, great job by the Kabam team who helped develop this game, it is a very fun way to pass the time that held my interest for more than a couple years. If i had spent all those hours at the pub i'd be living in a dumpster right about now LOL. I hope this game can continue to progress and one day draw me back into a competitive situation, but for now it's chill time :smile:

Cheers, Canuck

So much about this resonates with me. I have 2 young kids (both girls) and this game definitely helped me keep my sanity. I also consider Tool in my top 3 bands of all time. Got to see them twice last month. I can die a happy man. @Canuck33
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    I just kinda stumbled into this game, that's it...

For someone so active on this forum, I would never have guessed that.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    However still reject invites to Top 3 cause I'm loyal to the group that guided me in the first place. Maybe once they no longer need me...

Must be nice to keep getting invites to the top 3 alliances. You must be really good.
  • Is there any way to put or translate comments into Spanish? I am from Argentina and I would like to see an option for that to know well what is being said since I do not get along with English lol
  • Luckas22 wrote: »
    Is there any way to put or translate comments into Spanish? I am from Argentina and I would like to see an option for that to know well what is being said since I do not get along with English lol

Google translate?
  • Luckas22 wrote: »
    Is there any way to put or translate comments into Spanish? I am from Argentina and I would like to see an option for that to know well what is being said since I do not get along with English lol

Try using Google Chrome browser....it can convert and translate entire webpages for you as you browse.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I got I to this game coming from Earth Wars. I was in the top alliances there, MAS, Synergy.... actually even started a MAS alliance here but it never caught on.
    This game was talked about for.months in those circles because Space Ape was driving players away in droves due to poor drop rates and unfair practices.
    It was a welcomed change from that, especially being able to rank one specific bot as fast as you could I stead of grinding xp.
    I stayed because I enjoyed the bots. Never been a true pro, but I'm completing Master for the last few months.
    I'm forever a noob.
  • Nightpath wrote: »
    Luckas22 wrote: »

Try using Google Chrome browser....it can convert and translate entire webpages for you as you browse.

I was referring to the discord application, since it is more comfortable to use it than the browser
  • July 2019. Yep, I am the newest here so far. I stumbled across the app by accident. I was a f2p player of a top-grossing game that was up for game of the year this year. My initial happiness of this game made me stop playing completely. After a few months, I have felt less challenged. I had been suggesting features that might bring more to the game and more revenue for kabam based upon my experience in the previously mentioned game. I am and will continue to be f2p at least awhile longer.

I started in the first alliance that I could get into when the feature opened to me. Within days, I became the top scorer. I met a cool member that actually talked to me. He left for another alliance and then got me an invite there.

I immediately became the top scorer of that group. After a month or more there and I thought I would try alliance missions as no one ever opened them before. I opened and battled on my own and soon got others to join. A new member started to compete for the top scoring spot. As six of the eighteen did missions, we left to start our own. Both old alliances are dead and all members inactive.

Of the original six, only two of us still play and the rest have quit. The new alliance is full and still active and I am glad to play alongside the members in it. I think this game is awesome and it is really neat how it brings people together. I want to find ways to keep it active and not die. I feel new competitive content is more important than brand new bots even though some repaints would be cool.
  • I will quit if nothing worthy of my time comes out in 2020
  • I will quit if nothing worthy of my time comes out in 2020

Not me I’ll keep going just to get the boys I need still.
  • Hey y'all -

Just wanted to drop in and thank you for taking the time writing all of these posts up! We really appreciate reading them and seeing it. <3
  • PeponfreePeponfree Posts: 83
    edited December 2019
    I got into this game back in May2017, been very active and worked much to improve my game: I've played my way from 1* bots to maxed purple 5*, from those (at a time) impossible to obtain T1A crystals to most recent T4C's... Although I'm not happy with the current numbing inertia of the game, I absolutely love the interaction with all alliances and most relevantly, my current alliance where we have created a real brotherhood. I'll keep grinding while it's still fun.
  • Bots* not boys
  • Hey y'all -

Just wanted to drop in and thank you for taking the time writing all of these posts up! We really appreciate reading them and seeing it. <3

We will have fun with you all. Until you forsake us 😃😃😃
    edited December 2019
    Voltron wrote: »
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    Act I: The Discovery
    - It was 6 months after release, but I knew right away I would love this game. I’ll credit this to the low barrier to entry. I loved, loved that a 1 Star bot could knock down a much more high powered bot with the same attack that every bot could do.
    - Fight dynamics were clearly well designed and I found myself comparing them to a lifetime of fighting games that I spent countless hours trying to master. For me, Mortal Kombat II is tops on my list and this game immediately awestruck me with how well it played and how apparent it’s potential is — especially on a mobile device.

Act II: The Leap
    - I transitioned from F2P to spender ($20-40 a month). The entertainment value alone was worth it. Added bonus was that it helped me stopped spending $$ on vices such as alcohol and gambling.
    - I came to the realization that becoming a “ninja” was the endgame for me. As an example, D140 with no item use with max score may never happen but is what keeps me going. It’s actually very fulfilling to root my game goals in something other than acquiring a new bot because it is something I can actually control. Not meaning to preach, but wanted to convey the zen-like state of being that comes from this approach.

Act III: The Camaradie
    - In addition to my long term goal noted above, it’s the player base that keeps me here. All of us that play share a level of passion for Transformers that runs deep. It’s a microcosm of the connected world we live in. Amazing that it draws from IP that is now nearly 40 yrs old. Imagine another 40 years from now when Transformers is still a thing?
    - I play this game openly. What I mean is I am not sneaking off away from my wife or family because I am ashamed of it. Doing so, is what keeps me from feeling like it’s a grind. It reminds me to pick my head up from my phone and take in life. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not booting up the game in the workplace in front of my boss. I am fortunate to be afforded the time to play on a regular basis. All this to say that no matter what Kabam brings next for TFTF, I am at peace and content with how I engage with this wonderful game.

I’ll close with this quote:

“Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment, that which they cannot anticipate.”

- Sun Tzu (The Art of War)

when will we get Act 4? ;)

The obvious answer is when Kabam finishes Act IV in game. That said, I’m really hopeful for something cool in 2020. Maybe then I’ll share my version of Act IV.
  • CeltCelt Posts: 190
    Sadly, I just missed the special wrath coming from the closed thread earlier.

But I have to say, i'm glad that people finally took the pill, and digested the thought that >> Reskin =/ new character.

I remember vividly when I was trying to pull that off, certain people where so confident about that, they were almost mocking me, and now looking at their comment on the other thread, it makes me nothing else than laugh at how they switched gears so fast, when they knew that there will be no more other " new bots " or even " reskin ".

Anyway, I also think this is a " good " news, because at least, now people will stop have some faith, and will decide either if they want to keep playing the game or not, despite having no more new bots ( forever )
    ( But like some people said, this thing should have been said way more earlier this year, but I guess you couldn't do better, which is understandable on your end )

I'll just conclude with a guess that's really similar to what Synthwave said on the other thread.

Basically, the team running the game right now doesn't invovle any : 3D Modeller, Animator, VFX artist, Texture Artist, or to sum it up, anyone that can be involved of the concept of creating a new character in a game ( or actually anything in 3D, or a new map would have been introduced at least )

So what's left are, script writter, some programmer for new modes and bug correction/patch fix ?
    Well I hope your decision will help the people who were still hesitating about this game.