Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

What's gonna happen to FTF in 2020?

13»

Comments

• LoganSP wrote: »
    Does no new bots also include any possibility of future reskins? I'm thinking G1 Ironhide (Ratchet) or Seekers could make for some good potential spotlight missions... this may have already been addressed and I'm sorry if I'm just beating a dead horse. :neutral:

Those were considered new. So that includes them.
  • McBusketMcBusket Posts: 174
    @Kabam Vydious could we at least have an update on the T3class sparks for MODS or at least the Elusive special MODS such as Tech console, Prime Module, and I think there is a couple of other ones? Do these fall in the same category as New Bots?
  • You toss Windblade's wing with a redesign and recolor Ramjet's body, you can probably make a Thrust. :P

@Kabam Vydious, thanks for the statement.
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Predictions for 2020:
    5. Tronus is mini-boss, final boss, janitor

Janitor 😂😂😂😂
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    edited December 2019
    serdood wrote: »
    It feels like the TFTF team is the tiny ultimate frisbee team and the other team is the highly funded football team....

Ultimate Frisbee can be cool. D:

Anyways, to answer the following:

I guess the next question would be is there a possibility of switching gears in the future?
    Gears can switch, but the bot situation will not change. I'm sorry for the disappointment surrounding that, but we really are putting our focus elsewhere.

Like the team is smaller, so make new content for a couple of months and toss in a bot every quarter or so?
    This would be grand to do, but it just isn't something we're looking at as I mentioned prior.

I understand the concerns and worries, but there's not much I can ask of y'all beyond waiting and seeing what's to come.

I wish we had the process of new content for a couple months then a new bot, it would please everyone, because all our bots are going to be maxed out soon, there really won’t be anything else to try to rank up for the objectives someday, and the same old Story Mode, Spotlight, Daily Mission, ROK, ROTK, AMs, Arenas are too old for our expectations, I just wish there was a game mode that was actually new, at least something kinda new was introduced try out the featured bot, I wish we had this 2years ago when new bots used to pour in. Maybe in the future this game will actually get something new, I just wasn’t grasping anything new from these announcements. I’m not trying to break a rule or do anything to hurt Kabam or Hasbro, but I’ve seen way to much of the same stuff this year 😭
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I guess the next question would be is there a possibility of switching gears in the future?
    Gears can switch, but the bot situation will not change. I'm sorry for the disappointment surrounding that, but we really are putting our focus elsewhere.

Dude(tte). If y’all lost the license or don’t want to pay for it anymore, just tell us already.

In what game genre where the focus is around the characters of the game (in this case bots) would one stop the focus on them? Pretty sure games such as Street Fighter, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, Smash Bro’s.(I think), and even *gasp* MCOC all kept/keep a solid focus on its characters.

The reason for what’s going on in this game is pretty clear, just confirm it for us and maybe then we’ll all stop bugging you guys about it.
  • Darm0k wrote: »

Dude(tte). If y’all lost the license or don’t want to pay for it anymore, just tell us already.

In what game genre where the focus is around the characters of the game (in this case bots) would one stop the focus on them? Pretty sure games such as Street Fighter, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, Smash Bro’s.(I think), and even *gasp* MCOC all kept/keep a solid focus on its characters.

The reason for what’s going on in this game is pretty clear, just confirm it for us and maybe then we’ll all stop bugging you guys about it.

"Dude", I just explained yesterday what the dealio was. This isn't a licensing concern, lol.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Basically what Vydious said was no new bots because it takes a lot of time and instead they're shifting focus onto other game aspects because it's long overdue.

However some people can't seem to accept this answer or it goes in one ear and out the other. Either way that seems to be the gist of things and I can accept it, so thanks for clearing it up for those of us that seems to understand 👍
    "Dude", I just explained yesterday what the dealio was. This isn't a licensing concern, lol.

Putting our focus elsewhere is like politician speak for when you don’t want to come out with the truth.

Anyways, I’ll just try to keep watch for the new stuff. Thanks for staying engaged with us over here.

quick side note: I did hear from someone that if one loses their license from Hasbro, you can’t make/have new bots, but you can do reskins. Don’t know if this person was just hypothesizing based on what’s going on or not though...
  • Darm0k wrote: »

Putting our focus elsewhere is like politician speak for when you don’t want to come out with the truth.

Anyways, I’ll just try to keep watch for the new stuff. Thanks for staying engaged with us over here.

quick side note: I did hear from someone that if one loses their license from Hasbro, you can’t make/have new bots, but you can do reskins. Don’t know if this person was just hypothesizing based on what’s going on or not though...

But we aren't politicians! Keep that in mind. And of course. I'm honestly happy to be here for y'all. <3

And that is definitely not the case. They are very wrong, lol
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited December 2019
    Darm0k wrote: »

Licensing doesn't work like that. That was just the gossip spread amonst the players. The moment Kabam loses the license the game will shut down. They're also on the hook to pay the licensee fees until the contract expires (unless they want a default event)...and if they no longer pay the fee, the game will shut down.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    If it's not licensing then my guess is that it's the cost to actually design new bots from the ground up vs. how much money they're taking in that's informing their decisions.

Consider the data pulled from SensorTower for November. The game made $110K total.

Then consider the team they'd need just to design a bot. I've seen the files and I've reconstructed the 3D models; there's a lot that goes into the Unity side of things to actually make a bot from scratch, design their movements, develop specials, etc. I can only imagine that it's a very labor-intensive process.

Are they going to continue to devote that precious labor to a game pulling in $110k a month (that number has been trending downward lately too) or are they going to redirect it to future realms (pun intended) where there's a certain other IP that's currently stable for them? As much as it hurts me to say it because I love the game and the IP, I'd know what I'd do if it was my money.

So, if I had to hazard another guess I'd say that the "small team" (I'd use the words "skeleton crew" ) they have now can do just enough to update the maps for Spotlight, craft a fun story (the stories have been great; kudos to the writer) and try and hold out until other team members working on other projects can come in every now and again to assist with something special here and there.

Regardless if I'm right or wrong though, I do appreciate the forthrightness (finally) and the open dialogue happening on the Discord server. It definitely should've happened sooner but I get why it didn't too. It has helped me to better make a decision, so thanks for that.

And I would like to say that the team has done a great job with the game. I know the decisions about new content always come down to what the bean-counters say you can and can't do and that the team has done the best with what those counters gave them.

A post-mortem at this point would be fruitless, but I'd really like to know what happened on the marketing end of this game (namely why there wasn't any marketing besides one ad for the game at its launch). Hasbro acted like the game had the bubonic plague and wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. Not one ad was seen in the IDW comics, on Hasbro's social media or even their website. I know the game is run by Kabam, but it's Hasbro's IP; you'd think they'd want to help out the way Marvel's marketing has helped MCOC. I think that was the one of the main reasons why the game never got the extra oomph it needed at launch time to really escape orbit the way the other game did.

But whatever, it's all water under the bridge I suppose.

• ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    If you guys cant put a team together enough to make new bots even one every 3 or 4 months then you should honestly consider letting nother company run this game. New spotlight stories are cool. But thats all weve gotten in a year basically. story. We want to play with more of our favorite bots and a good majority of those arent in game and if you have zero plans to make even 1 new bot then you should give up. No amount of story can make up for not being able to use a new character. Any other games that have tried this method have failed.
  • Buttehrs wrote: »
    If you guys cant put a team together enough to make new bots even one every 3 or 4 months then you should honestly consider letting nother company run this game. New spotlight stories are cool. But thats all weve gotten in a year basically. story. We want to play with more of our favorite bots and a good majority of those arent in game and if you have zero plans to make even 1 new bot then you should give up. No amount of story can make up for not being able to use a new character. Any other games that have tried this method have failed.

I really don't know what you expect me to tell you here. I understand you're upset and I'm really sorry for that, but what I've said is what's been said. There is no "giving the game to someone else". The choice of folks continuing to play is their own.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Buttehrs wrote: »

We all want new bots but selling for pennies on the dollar sounds like a great business decision. That's basically what would have to happen given the low monthly revenue stats.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    Thats fine. Better than not getting new bots at this point.
    edited December 2019
    Synthwave wrote: »

[long message here]

Yeah, I guess I can see that budget angle too. Though I would have thought a new bot would have been the money maker with people spending to open the new bot without t waiting through the endless grinding. (I mean, I’ve seen some videos where people spend way more than I’d expect just for one lucky loot box opening)

But then again, I don’t have the numbers so it could be something crazy different. Maybe people spent more money on arena energy or mission batteries? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Either way it’s just a whatever it is thing for me now.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Nice to know the final roster of a game.

For the love of the game, please keep 6*'s away. We're fine with the challenge of max forge all our favorite 5* bots and breeze through contents.

On the bright side, you can consider some new game modes, the autocomplete feature being a good start. Make it to arena: if you're sure your bots can triumph over a certain enemy team all on auto fight, you have the option to auto complete that arena series. But if your team loses after the auto calculation, you can use energon to revive in order to maintain your multiplier. We need Tftf to be an idle game.
  • Some keeps flagging all of my posts @Kabam Vydious can you stop them
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Some keeps flagging all of my posts @Kabam Vydious can you stop them

Flagged
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited December 2019
    Synthwave wrote: »
    If it's not licensing then my guess is that it's the cost to actually design new bots from the ground up vs. how much money they're taking in that's informing their decisions.

Consider the data pulled from SensorTower for November. The game made $110K total.

Then consider the team they'd need just to design a bot. I've seen the files and I've reconstructed the 3D models; there's a lot that goes into the Unity side of things to actually make a bot from scratch, design their movements, develop specials, etc. I can only imagine that it's a very labor-intensive process.

Are they going to continue to devote that precious labor to a game pulling in $110k a month (that number has been trending downward lately too) or are they going to redirect it to future realms (pun intended) where there's a certain other IP that's currently stable for them? As much as it hurts me to say it because I love the game and the IP, I'd know what I'd do if it was my money.

So, if I had to hazard another guess I'd say that the "small team" (I'd use the words "skeleton crew" ) they have now can do just enough to update the maps for Spotlight, craft a fun story (the stories have been great; kudos to the writer) and try and hold out until other team members working on other projects can come in every now and again to assist with something special here and there.

Regardless if I'm right or wrong though, I do appreciate the forthrightness (finally) and the open dialogue happening on the Discord server. It definitely should've happened sooner but I get why it didn't too. It has helped me to better make a decision, so thanks for that.

And I would like to say that the team has done a great job with the game. I know the decisions about new content always come down to what the bean-counters say you can and can't do and that the team has done the best with what those counters gave them.

A post-mortem at this point would be fruitless, but I'd really like to know what happened on the marketing end of this game (namely why there wasn't any marketing besides one ad for the game at its launch). Hasbro acted like the game had the bubonic plague and wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. Not one ad was seen in the IDW comics, on Hasbro's social media or even their website. I know the game is run by Kabam, but it's Hasbro's IP; you'd think they'd want to help out the way Marvel's marketing has helped MCOC. I think that was the one of the main reasons why the game never got the extra oomph it needed at launch time to really escape orbit the way the other game did.

But whatever, it's all water under the bridge I suppose.

Weren't they pulling in like 300k per month or more when they were releasing new bots? I'd personally like to know if it just wasn't profitable or if they weren't pulling in as much as they thought so they just gave up. Personally I see questionable decisions in the game but I'm not about to go into major details here.

And yes the marketing, isn't that like Business 101? Goodness gracious the number of times I've seen ads for "RAID: Shadow Legends" At the beginning of this year, when the no new bots announcement was made, I had checked out Hasbro's site and was absolutely stunned to not see TFTF in the video games section, just mind-boggling to me. I mean it's your franchise!
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Buttehrs wrote: »

I'm sure if the right offer came along Kabam would listen.
  • Is we are going to get holiday crystals like previous year
  • Alright, I'm gonna close this thread down now. I want to thank those of you that gave constructive feedback and contributed to the conversation. Unfortunately, there are a lot of posts in here that are not along those lines.

I understand that most of our Players will never understand what goes on behind the scenes at a Game Studio, and you should never have to! That's our part of the game, and we've got a very talented and dedicated team that is hard at work adding new Content to this game day after day, and month after month. I understand that new bots are a thing that Commanders want, but we've said it many time before, that's not going to happen anymore.

We're focussed on continuing this game, and expanding the world and story of New Quintessa, and are committed to continuing to build out this game and giving it more and more meaning and depth.

Lastly, I don't appreciate the way in which some Commanders are attacking members of your Community team. Vydious and I feel that we go beyond where most Community Managers would in our level of openness. I don't want to have to change that, but if we have to, we will. Please don't attack your Community team. We're here for you.
This discussion has been closed.