Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Nightmare Bot-Mod Combination in Raids?

Raids have often been one of the sternest test of commanders across FTF. Of course there are certain combinations which you would dread to come up against. Which is your nightmare combination?

Nightmare Bot-Mod Combination in Raids? 36 votes

Bonecrusher - Harm Accelerator
5%
Silent_AssassinBee2013 2 votes
Megatronus - Robot Resource
77%
BeastdadFlrsbwM00NDrShotgunserdoodThuleBodyopus79Tracked_SignalMr_WonderfulSilentHunter2GroundwaveStarkiller7Chatchai9798gmailcomIssy543TechnobottomajpArnZeBarnCarrotBoy2kTransformator79Dragma 28 votes
Barricade - Nightbird's Mark.
5%
Inimitable713DeadMemeBoi 2 votes
Ironhide - Robot Resource
2%
DatBoiPlayzYT 1 vote
ROTF Megatron - Exo-Filter
2%
Halloweendm 1 vote
Optimus Primal - Harm Accelerator
5%
Franny78Robinho1224 2 votes

Comments

• High level Scorponok on Tech Console..

A very difficult long fight.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited December 2019
    High level Scorponok on Tech Console..

Unless you gamble and use a HIGH LEVEL MOTORMASTER, high sig! SP2 then all out attack!

Honestly though, for most, what's the best way to kill his heal debuff?
    DoT bots do NOTHING.
    KB has class disadvantage.
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    edited December 2019

Actually, using Cheetor against this combo makes the battle a piece of cake. So what if he has class disadvantage? It's still easy to perfect the fight, and the battle doesn't take long at all. If you are too hesitant to take a disadvantaged fight, perhaps try Shocky or Jetfire with their repair block instead - though I've only used Cheetor so I haven't tried these 2 out.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Motormaster on Exo-filter
    @Nightpath thanks, but when there's a 12K Scorp-Tech, followed by a 12K HA Boney... Those 80K bases can't have you focusing on one git.
    Cheetor, unless an R4 at least, will struggle against too many warriors.

I'm trying to help out OP and the plethora of intermediate-raiders.

I'm sure you lot know my raid progression
    :wink:
  • Nightpath wrote: »

Actually, using Cheetor against this combo makes the battle a piece of cake. So what if he has class disadvantage? It's still easy to perfect the fight, and the battle doesn't take long at all. If you are too hesitant to take a disadvantaged fight, perhaps try Shocky or Jetfire with their repair block instead - though I've only used Cheetor so I haven't tried these 2 out.

Actually I dont care so much for class disadvantage, in most cases I found it doesnt really matter. I use Grimlock (5/50 5*, max forged) against Scorp in raids. It works fine, but hes still annoying.
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    edited December 2019
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    @Nightpath thanks, but when there's a 12K Scorp-Tech, followed by a 12K HA Boney... Those 80K bases can't have you focusing on one git.

I am speaking of 80k bases.
    But then again, there comes a point where base defense makes no difference and thus we are not talking about intermediate level raiders anymore.
    That's why I suggested trying out Shocki or Jetfire - in case there are those who still are nervous about such things.

Let me rephrase. With Scorpi/Tech console, it really is advantageous to use a bot with repair block, since that negates Scorpi's mad healing on that mod.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Maybe it won't be available soon but I think a sig100 Sideswipe on Tech Console can be funny, if the power rate boost does apply to Swiper's sig.
  • BlackRazak wrote: »

LMAO! You think I’m an intermediate raider? This post was just to know the general perception of players, that’s it. With 10K squad rating, I have the ability to take down 40k Bases. This was a thing of the past.

“Judge a raider not by the Base Rating of the Opponent, but by the difference by which he raids the base. There in lies the absolute skill.”

PS: You’re quite the raider with your 3 bot team, Ik! :)
  • Megatronus - Robot Resource
    Noticed NanoJack/Harm Accelerator was not among any of the choices. That is more of a Dangerous fight than Bonecrusher/Harm Accelerator, IMO. No matter. A duped Grimlock will easily beat either combo.

I don’t normally run across the Tech Console in most of my raids (still waiting on getting one to be honest), but anyone like Shockwave, NanoJack, Rhinox, Ratchet, Scorponok, duped Primal, etc. with that Mod is trouble.
  • Rotf megs with harm accelerator, very difficult to take down if they’re both at max level. Unless you have grimlock or thundercracker.
    edited December 2019
    @Vinod_7991 ,
    Though true what's been stated by @Decimus234 @Technobot and @KillMasterC 's horrendous Sideswipe/TechCon combo (yes I've faced a 9K Sideswipe, but on NBM, and he was a total pain), eventually with PRACTICE any base can be decimated by the RIGHT squad.

I kill em all with my R4 5* Rhinox + MM + KB.
    No more nightmares.
    Fortune favors the brave.

PS - My ambition's to go down as the best raider ever.
    My fights with Robotronus are still inconsistent. Sometimes I do well, other times poorly, or anywhere in between.

I also dislike a high sig Prowl on Superconductor 2000, because I still haven't mastered dodging his special 2.

I am also annoyed when exo is paired with Motormaster, Jetfire or a high sig Nanojack. Something about them just really tests my patience.

EMI and Nightbird with evasive bots (e.g. the Bumblebees) test my patience too.

The rest, my R4 5* team of Primal, Cheetor and Rhinox can handle well. Only the latter has significant forge, while only the first 2 are awakened (but low sig).
  • ROTF Megatron - Exo-Filter
    Shockwave or Cheetor's Repair Blocks work nicely, but I have very few problems using Tantrum against Scorponok. After 3-4 melee buffs, you should be outdamaging his heals enough to drain his health with consistent hits, but if you want to shut off the healing throw out an SP1 and pound away! Rinse and repeat until Scorp is done, or just stack buffs and build to your SP3--even if he survives (he shouldn't!), he'll be down so much health you should be able to finish him with some heavy+dash combos.

As an added bonus for using Tantrum, he absolutely demolishes the BC/HA combo with ease. 3 buffs and the HA is off and if you can't kill BC before you get to 6 buffs, you really need more practice! :P

Windblade is also perfect for taking down any tech in a matter of seconds, but Nanojack seems especially designed to be taken out by Windblade whether on an HA or not. Her frequent bleeds melt right through his shields and her SP1 will absolutely decimate anyone on RR, especially Megatronus and Soundwave. The key to slagging Megatronus is to get her SP1 on him when he has any relic up but preservation--that limits her damage, but it still a kick in the nuts to him. A second SP1 (not on preservation), or an SP2 should do enough damage when he's around 25-20% to take him out all at once and bypass his immortality.

Regarding the OP, MV2+Exo isn't exactly a nightmare for me, but its the most annoying since I prefer to use Windblade on him (avoiding ALL his ranged damage while slamming him with a heavy). Its just purifying her bleeds and making him unstoppable is annoying as that drags out the fight a bit. The other options are all easy to get through with little/no trouble. Barricade/NB is also one of those annoying fights, but I use Bludgeon with him and with all the melee evades, that just builds up Bludgeon's damage and he can 1 shot Barricade if enough misses rack up, if not taking out huge chunks of Barricade's health on that one time he doesn't evade.

Primal on HA is ridiculously easy with Dinobot. Use his SP1 every chance you get and those armor breaks allow Dinobot to just absolutely punish Primal, while class advantage minimizes HA damage.

• Ironhide - Robot Resource
    Here is another, Wheel Jack with Repair Mod
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    edited December 2019
    Bah... Raids are super easy

Beast squad conquers all
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    edited December 2019

DoT bots do NOTHING.

Properly stacked, some energy based DoT can out pace Scorp’s heal — even the AM version at D100+ (PI in the 35k range). Even at 3 charges, most raid based Scorp’s won’t be able to keep up.

Beastdad wrote: »
    Slayer wrote: »

Beastdad conquers all

That’s better

😂😂😂
    edited December 2019

Unless you gamble and use a HIGH LEVEL MOTORMASTER, high sig! SP2 then all out attack!

DoT bots do NOTHING.
    KB has class disadvantage.

Rhinox sp2/sp3 with deep wounds maxed, that's how i kill scorp on tech
    Power lock also prevents scorp from gaining venom charge if you land a heavy in the beginning, if you're lucky you could land power lock simultaneously 😅 that way tech console would also not provide shields to scorp
    @Slayer i save my Rhinox for all the R5 Tronus RR and Wheeljack HA!
    Which means every damn base

🤣
    Back on topic...
    ArnZeBarn wrote: »
    My fights with Robotronus are still inconsistent. Sometimes I do well, other times poorly, or anywhere in between.
    Same. That darn Relic of Obedience is usually the culprit. I use Rhinox versus Robotronus, and there's just a tiny window after the Relic expires in which I can power lock Tronus before he (very likely) activates Relic of Obedience again. Grrrrr!

edited December 2019
    @CarrotBoy2k cheers for the fair assessment.
    I find that with Rhinox (let's say R4, 5*) taking on Tronus R5 RR, it's a matter of power lock, melee, power lock, repeat (dodge SP1 if power lock abandons you, as it sometimes does) then save up the SP2 or 3 till Tronus' invincibility is down to 25%.
    Aggression is the key, at least for me.

With this formula i achieve great results 99% of the time, and the occasional perfect match.
    His relics technically don't do anything.

PS - @ArnZeBarn even with the balancing of Rhinox, occasionally Tronus decides to ninja around your attacks. And heavies.
    Fairly sporadic, but about 10% of the time.
    These occasions it's all hit and hope!
    Tronus w/ rr is the obvious answer. But i'm looking forward to what would be 2nd and 3rd. Especally with the more common mods.
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    edited December 2019
    Megatronus - Robot Resource
    @CarrotBoy2k cheers for the fair assessment.
    I find that with Rhinox (let's say R4, 5*) taking on Tronus R5 RR, it's a matter of power lock, melee, power lock, repeat (dodge SP1 if power lock abandons you, as it sometimes does) then save up the SP2 or 3 till Tronus' invincibility is down to 25%.
    Aggression is the key, at least for me.

With this formula i achieve great results 99% of the time, and the occasional perfect match.
    His relics technically don't do anything.

PS - @ArnZeBarn even with the balancing of Rhinox, occasionally Tronus decides to ninja around your attacks. And heavies.
    Fairly sporadic, but about 10% of the time.
    These occasions it's all hit and hope!

Even though you have given me great advice on how to beat Robotronus, I just haven't had the resources to attack him properly. I just recently got all 6 of my Beast Wars Bots up to R2 5* (4 of them are duped). I need significant T4B/T3A/T4C sparks at the moment tp get Rhinox up to your R4 5* level (time for me to go to a upper alliance... hint, hint?). For me offensively, Grim takes care of HA, OGP is R5 5*, and Mixdaddy is there in reserve.

(And I know my base is easy pickings for a good commander, but I set my configuration to challenge younger commanders. I make no bones about my base D... you have to beat a NJ/HA Combo to start, then Robotronus in the middle. You do that, enjoy your spoils. BTW, kudos to the Commander who recently beat me with Ratchet, IH, and OGP on a Recent Raid. Well done!)
    edited December 2019
    @Vinod_7991 i think your thread has accumulated a wealth of answers for beating those 'difficult' combos.

@Halloweendm and @Nightpath thanks for the repair block suggestion.
    Now only if i had a decent Cheetor!

@Technobot you're correct on the basis that Rhinox either needs
    A. To be high level (R4 5*, minimum 5 sig) to be effective against a R5 Tronus RR
    Or
    B. R5 4* F100 S75+ PLUS ninja skills
    But Rhinox is also effective against quite a few brawlers (MM, Grindor, Primal but useless against TC, as well as even a R5 OGP, Cyclonus) along with the usual Demos.

Alas, i cant 100% read Prowls SP2!

*Watch out when using Rhinox vs ANYONE on EXO. coupled with Demotron, G1 Megs, Wheeljack, Cheetor, KB, his SP2 always activates purify