Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Wheeljack’s Force Shield on Raids.

In raids, when I face Wheeljack, I see that his Force Field gets triggered on his limits of 75, 50 and 25% multiples times. It like his Force Shield keeps refreshing again and again at the same point. But when I use him in normal battle, it triggers once and then the battle commences as usual.

This scenario is not in relation with Wheeljack’s on Nanorepair, or Repair Module. I’m talking about a basic Wheeljack with any random mod. The level of Force Shield does not matter.

Any clues on why this pertains to happen?

Comments

• It is absolutely in relation to nano repair. They have it. You don’t.
  • Plus WJ's SP3 can heal him so he can hit those percentages multiple times too, nano-repair or not.
  • Edwardo76 wrote: »
    It is absolutely in relation to nano repair. They have it. You don’t.

Nah! This is with respect to ignoring his repair on his SP3, and no, Nanojack was not active on the Wheeljack. The force shield keeps getting activated time and time again at one particular checkpoint itself.

• Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Did you see small green numbers on the bot with a plus sign?
  • Faithz17 wrote: »
    Did you see small green numbers on the bot with a plus sign?

I’m pretty sure, no mate. Bugs me the hell out when he’s on a Harm Accelerator and his Force Shield keeps refreshing at one point itself.
  • Only other time this happens without nano repair is when WJ is on tech console.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Need to see some video @Vinod_7991
  • Just bleed, burn, or shock your way through...
  • If you're not using a BW team, Grimlock is the best way to beat WJ/HA. Only way shield can trigger over and over again is with nano repair. But like Starkiller7 said, D.O.T.s get through it easily.
  • I can use damage debuffs on Wheeljack. That I know. Maybe I’ll give a Wheeljack a go again and let you’ll know.

Thanks for the replies, guys! :smile:
  • It's nano repair...that's the only thing that refreshes Force shield
  • It's nano repair...that's the only thing that refreshes Force shield

Ahem... tech console...
  • Nightpath wrote: »
    It's nano repair...that's the only thing that refreshes Force shield

Ahem... tech console...

Oh right XD
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    If you're not using a BW team, Grimlock is the best way to beat WJ/HA. Only way shield can trigger over and over again is with nano repair. But like Starkiller7 said, D.O.T.s get through it easily.

Cheetor baby! Also I use arcee there If I dont bring cheetor.
  • Scout Bumblebee, turn his shields into shock damage.
  • Edwardo76 wrote: »

Yes, it was the nano repair. Didn’t notice it that specifically. FYI, if your using Prowl against Wheeljack, Prowl’s SP3 has the ability to stop nanorepair until the power lock expires. This’ll make sure that his Force Shield breaks.

Thank you for the input, guys! :blush:
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Vinod_7991 wrote: »
    Edwardo76 wrote: »

Yes, it was the nano repair. Didn’t notice it that specifically. FYI, if your using Prowl against Wheeljack, Prowl’s SP3 has the ability to stop nanorepair until the power lock expires. This’ll make sure that his Force Shield breaks.

Thank you for the input, guys! :blush:

Hey friend, happy to see you are engaging on the forum and have asked some good questions. That said, I think you are misunderstanding Wheeljack’s Sig ability (Force Shield) and I don’t want folks reading this leading to more confusion.

Firstly, Prowl’s SP3 with Power Lock has nothing to do with Wheeljack’s Force Shield. Power has nothing to do with Health which is what Force Shield is (prevents Health loss). It does not nullify the Nano Repair mastery either because that is Health related. The reason it felt like WJ’s shield was never ending is because the Nano repair mastery was raising his Health % back above one of the thresholds that triggers the shield in the first place (75%, 50%, 25% Health).

Also, relying on SP3 to counter WJ’s Force Shield is far from practical. Instead, a player should be using any of the many, many bots who can inflict DOT (Damage Over Time) or as you call it a Damage Debuff. I know this was already mentioned in the thread but I wanted to drive that point home.

Glad you figured it out though.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited December 2019
    Wheeljack's Woes:

1. KB - SP2, SP1
    2. Grim - Heavy
    3. Ironhide - Heavy, SP2
    4. Galvatron/Tronus - Dark Burn
    5. Cyclonus - Dark Field
    6. G1 Prime - SP2
    7. G1 Megs - SP3+Heavy
    8. Shockwave - Heavy
    9. Ratchet/Rhinox/Arcee - Basic Ranged
    10. Bludgeon/Drift/Scorp - Melee
    11. Bonecrusher - SP1,2,3
    12. Cheetor - SP1
    13. Motormaster - SP3
    14. Ramjet - SP2
    15. Starscream - SP3
    16. Shockwave - SP1, 3, Basic Ranged
    17. Grindor - Heavy, SP3
    18. Rhinox/Arcee - SP1, 2, 3
    19. Windblade SP1, SP2

Come to think of it, MOST Bots have counters vs Wheeljack.
    May have missed a few.
    Just a matter of who can kill him fastest.
    Like how you can time around an R5 Tronus RR with Rhinox and best him perfect.

In my hands:
    Bonecrusher, KB, Rhinox, Arcee, Cheetor, Drift, Windblade.
  • I'd say Windblade should be higher up on that list, if only for the simple fact that she can cause bleeds with basic and heavy attacks with her high (higher w/swordmaster synergy) crit chance with her sword (which strangely seems to apply to her heavy too)! Add to that her super high attack against Techs, and a WJ fight is over before it starts. If his shields last long enough for her to need an SP1, it absolutely wrecks his shields and the combined bleed/shock damage puts him in the scrap heap almost faster than he can retaliate.

Its funny as hell seeing WJ jump up for that Karate Kid crane kick and then fall dead in mid-air from all the dot damage!