Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Map 3 Walkthrough

BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
edited January 2020 in General Discussion
Commanders,
Thought I'd get some input from the community to help players such as myself (of moderate skill, or worse) to better tackle individual bots in AM Map 3.
Bots mentioned are equipped to handle AI as effective, quickly as possible.
Elaborate if possible/left field.

Here are my findings:
Windblade: Bonecrusher, MM
Primal: Cyclonus, G1 Megs, OGP, Grindor, Motormaster
Cheetor: Bonecrusher, KB
G1 Megs: MV Megs, Ironhide

Hotrod: MM, Grindor, Primal, Bonecrusher, Arcee, Kickback, Blaster, TC
Waspinator: Grindor, Rhinox, Prowl, Blaster, Soundwave, Arcee
Starscream: Galvatron, MV Megs, Ironhide, Cyclonus, Rhinox, Kickback
Shockwave: KB, Prowl, Rhinox

Scorponok: MM, Grindor, Grimlock, Primal, Thundercracker
KB: Bonecrusher, MM
Rhinox: Barricade, Kickback, Sideswipe
Cyclonus: Galvatron, Megatronus, MV Megs, Ironhide

Tronus: Bonecrusher, Rhinox, Kickback, Wheeljack, Blaster, Jetfire

(This is for 3.01-3.50, let's help each other get better!)

Comments

• Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    You do realise you can only bring 3 bots right?
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    You do realise you can only bring 3 bots right?

They're just options...
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    For me, it’s about plowing the road & getting someone to Tronus who can finish off the God. My Max 5* OGP serves as the battering Ram to get through the first 2 stretches w/o too much issue (class be damned). Complementing him is my R2 5* Ratchet & my R2 5* IH (Ratchet Chief Medical Officer link to OGP is a lifesaver). If given the choice, I take the far right paths in the first 2 sections (Black Razak covered section 1, 2 has Mirage, Arcee, IH, then Shocky I think), then take the 3rd path (from left to right) in the final stretch. In that Final stretch, Ramjet after Scorponok is subdued by my Ratchet easily. As for the Baybee, usually OGP is good enough, but sometimes IH is needed there. The mods can make it tricky at times (section 2’s Mods is Shock Block on the far right side I think), so I have to pay attention as I am fighting.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited January 2020
    Anyone care to mention the best bots to tackle AM 3 bosses?

Reasoning and method, please

EDIT: thanks @Technobot , reason I'm starting this thread is there are plenty of people (some in my AM) that don't have much confidence handling said bosses.
    Plus I'm THRASH tackling Shockwave in AM, which is weird since i love beating his R5 5* in raids or missions.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Yah but you need to bring bots that can counter all of them in case you need to go a different path. You can’t be like let’s start with bc, kickback and MM then oh I need to go this other path and need grimlock. Nor is it practical to develop so many bots when you will only need 3.

The answer for everything is Megatronus. But if you don’t have him, beast team is also a good option.

AM bosses:
    Og megatron - megatronus
    Shockwave - megatronus or primal
    Megatronus - megatronus
    @Faithz17 in a nutshell this thread will help entire BGs for AMs.

Quite like
    "Hey, i have those bots, and my AM pal have some others. We can TAKE TURNS/COORDINATE and share the load/get better!''

Especially since not many own a 5* R5 Tronus.

I myself have been the go-to for old Map 3 bosses, and current map 3 OG Megs and Tronus.
    What I'm attempting is for players of all skills to try, be bold, etc as itll help weaker alliances.

I love this game!
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Would it be better to make recommendations per path? Usually you're going to fight both bots anyways.

For example: WB & Primal - anyone works for WB and would be good to have a tact for Primal.
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    My notes on AM bosses. I purposely left out Tronus and will write up something on him separately. I know this isn’t all encompassing, just my highlights....

Cyclonus:
    Ideal attributes for bots to use against Galvatron:
    - Heavy ranged to help keep distance from his Dark Shield.
    - DOT because you have to hang back when his Power Charge meter is close to 8.
    - Power Control as a direct counter to his Power Charge mod.

Recommended Bots (in random order):
    - Tronus
    - IH
    - Shocky
    - Prowl

Other Considerations:
    - Be disciplined in combos. Instead of the usual 5-7 hits, limit those to 2-3 and take what you can before triggering his Dark Field.
    - His SP1 can be dodged fairly easily with some faith in timing. Specific to his 2nd hit (the overhand sword). You can literally wait until the last split second even against a wall and still dodge it.

Something else about Cyclonus. He has the switching resistance between Melee & Energon attacks. If you can modify your attacks accordingly, you can do some damage at the right moment... example: I used Ironhide against Cyclonus and got the power up to SP3 level, then I waited until Cyclonus was 1/2 way through Energy Resistance before launching the SP3. Melee hit to start, then Cyclonus switched to Melee Resistance right before the up-close blast. Even unduped, my R2 5* Ironhide did some big damage.
    @Kabam Vydious did you guys just buff Map 3 boss Megatronus?

He cycles thru different stages of invulnerability now

Or am i going whack

Welcome change if yes
  • Thought he always did that, unless it activates at a certain diff?
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    always did that.. melee, range then sp resistance.

he also a similar AM primal bug where if you're not the first player to fight him, he'll get all three resistance. BUT this could just be a visual bug, where the words just states all three... I never really checked - too focus on not getting life stealed.
  • great write-up as always @JIMMY_SAB , we're such a broken record but Shocky is almost always the right answer ;-)