Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

#Buff tantrum next month

:) so as we all know tantrum is a good brawler but the problem with him is the loosing of his melee buffs.so i would say that he needs a buff
So you can make him this way that he gains 10 melee buffs as usual but with a change instead of losing his melee buffs while dashing back, he can loose his melee buff while knocked down and once he reaches 10 melee buffs he would get a timer like 15-20 sec and looses his melee buffs but no all of them like 3 gets left.
He also lacks some damaging debuffs like he literally shoots flames and he doesn't apply a burn debuff. He should have atleast 20% chance to deal a burn debuff with his ranged attacks. And a chance to apply like 30% to cause a shock debuff while using the heavy for 2-15 sec based on sig ability and a chance to stun the opponents while using his horn attack while shock is active :)
This will help the players and encourage them to use tantrum and he would be really great brawler

Comments

• Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    edited May 2020
    That backstep downside is the only thing keeping Tantrum from becoming too OP. All Bots need to have some weakness, and there's no point to his Unstoppable Buff if your suggestion is implemented. Tantrum is already considered as the best Brawler, and one of the best Melee Playstyle Bots, no further encouragement is required for players to use him. Practically everyone desperately wants him as a 5*.

It's actually quite easy to retain the Melee Buffs by strategically using the Unstoppable and dash-heavy combo alternatively. With all due respect, the problem doesn't lie in the Bot, but in the fact that you don't know how to effectively use him. Check out iNightSkies' video to gain a better understanding of him.
  • HalloweendmHalloweendm Posts: 395
    @sangeeth You need to go back and research Tantrum a little more, or play him more!

You complain:
    1) Losing melee buffs, but that's only if you backstep and are NOT unstoppable. If unstoppable, Tantrum does NOT lose his melee buffs. Changing it to a knockdown means he would NEVER get to 10 buffs as it is beyond easy to knockdown anyone. And if you want your buffs on a timer, play Thundercracker.
    2) You say he doesn't burn but he CAN burn with his SP1. 10% chance of inflicting Burn per buff. Get your 10 buffs and you will cause burns with every SP1. And his ranged attacks do fire damage even if they don't cause a Burn. Back on the Halloween thing they did where enemies would resurrect unless you inflict fire damage with your killing attack, his SP1 and ranged attacks put those bots down for good each time.
    3) You say he needs a stun, but he gets a stun with SP2--like SP1, 10% chance per buff! So, get those 10 buffs! Nothing needs to change for that, and he doesn't get a shock because his heavy hits the entire area in front of him, so no sidestepping, only backstepping has a chance to avoid his heavy if the enemy is close.
    4) You want a shock based on his sig, but his sig unlocks Frenzy and gives crit chance and chance for his attacks to become unblockable, which is way better than a shock debuff which could be mitigated easily.

I've had 5* Tantrum since he came out and I played him and championed him when almost everyone was griping about him not being a good brawler or being bottom of the list or whatever. Tantrum is already a beast and while the admins could find a way to buff him, its not currently necessary. He is a top tier bot and one of the best brawlers and there are bots that are in desperate need of buffing (like **cough** Soundwave **cough**) before Tantrum is adjusted!
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    I absolutely suck at using Tantrum yet I still have to disagree with your suggestion
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Just curious, any one uses tantrum for AM? How viable is he above D80?
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Faithz17 wrote: »

Apparently not. But apparently AM is not the only teststone. Once you have your AM squad set, you aim for some fun.
  • Faithz17 wrote: »

I use tantrum. He isn't very good for very high level ams. He is great for medium-high levels though.
  • Blaze_KagamiBlaze_Kagami Posts: 124
    Like everyone already said, Tantrum is a Beast. He is the most efficient bot I have found to beat Robotronus in raids. I am no expert but even then I am able to take down Robotronus with Tantrum or even if tantrum loses to robotronus it is still enough for the next bot to take him down.
  • Decimus234Decimus234 Posts: 677
    Personally think tantrum is just fine. He’s not meant to be primal or thundercracker. He’s tantrum.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Tantrum is basically a raid smasher, but awful for AM.

He can shine in certain spotlight scenarios too, but not too much.

See his melee buffs as a bonus rather than something you must keep at all costs.
  • sangeethsangeeth Posts: 14
    To everyone that has responded to my post
    I have a rank 3 5* tantrum and soon after one more t4 basic he will go to rank 4 i know he is a beast he can pump out crazy amounts of damage but i want him to be much more
  • Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    edited May 2020
    sangeeth wrote: »
    To everyone that has responded to my post
    I have a rank 3 5* tantrum and soon after one more t4 basic he will go to rank 4 i know he is a beast he can pump out crazy amounts of damage but i want him to be much more

And I want Hound to have Life Steal and Force Shield, but we all can't have what we want. Tantrum is a Bot that's devastating in the right hands, all you need is more practice. There's absolutely nothing wrong with him, and I think most people don't want him to be buffed as it would be impossible to take him down in Missions. You can't improve on perfection. As Miike said on another post, not everyone is the next Megatronus.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    How about ...

OFFER Tantrum next month.
    He's already off the charts powerful.