Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Need help with forging

Hi -
I'm forging my top 4* bots and trying to figure out the most efficient way...
I know that bots from the same class award the most points and the higher sig level, more points you get.
Any other tips?
What about 2* vs 3* bots? 3* bots award 3-4 times more points but they take more resources to max them out. Is there guide on gold & ore required to rank bots up?
Also, any guides on how to calculate forging points?
Thanks

Comments

• yorkdredyorkdred Posts: 72
    au840rqxvk5h.jpg
    Just found this table but I'm wondering if there is similar info on ore?
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Here's an old chart on ranking an leveling.

4ww4m5awe6fi.jpg

The balance isn't just being efficient but speed too, but it that depends on how bad you need forge power. One thing that is for sure, to forge your sharks at max rank and level.
  • MystaJayMystaJay Posts: 135
    i don't have the exact figures but i believe:
    - forging same class gives extra 7-10% xp
    - forging same bot gives another extra 7-10% xp
    - sharks give extra 50% xp

so ideally you should:
    - feed all your sig programs into sharks
    - forge your 2* bots and sharks into 3* sharks of the same class
    - forge your 3*s into a 4* shark of the class you need (say tact shark for OG Prime)
    - forge your 4*s into your 5* OGP

but this is a long process and will take months to prep, and in the mean time you're not gaining forge into your top bots, so it's a balance of long term (forging sharks into sharks into 5*) vs short term (forging bots straight into 5*)

as reference: recently i forged a f9X sig9x 4* demo shark + f100 mid sig 4* tronus into my 5* tronus and got him up to f65, with the rest of my 4* sharks (low forge mid sig) and two 4* demo (no forge low sig) to get tronus to f100
  • SilverZASilverZA Posts: 363
    MystaJay wrote: »
    i don't have the exact figures but i believe:
    - forging same class gives extra 7-10% xp
    - forging same bot gives another extra 7-10% xp
    - sharks give extra 50% xp

so ideally you should:
    - feed all your sig programs into sharks
    - forge your 2* bots and sharks into 3* sharks of the same class
    - forge your 3*s into a 4* shark of the class you need (say tact shark for OG Prime)
    - forge your 4*s into your 5* OGP

but this is a long process and will take months to prep, and in the mean time you're not gaining forge into your top bots, so it's a balance of long term (forging sharks into sharks into 5*) vs short term (forging bots straight into 5*)

as reference: recently i forged a f9X sig9x 4* demo shark + f100 mid sig 4* tronus into my 5* tronus and got him up to f65, with the rest of my 4* sharks (low forge mid sig) and two 4* demo (no forge low sig) to get tronus to f100

Ideally, you should follow this.

But also, forging the bots that you don't use or don't like can help too.
    Thank you all for your help. Too bad we didn't have shark week this month...
  • UmairKhan05UmairKhan05 Posts: 167
    edited June 2020
    Thanks @MystaJay and @Voltron . The forging info will help me a lot too :)
    the only consistent way to get shark is the 2* shark crystals from raid store, but RNG will dictate that it'll take well over 20 crystals to dupe all 6 classes

in my experience my 3* sharks gain sig faster than my 2* sharks, so by the time my 3* are ready to forge my 2* are lagging. if you forge your 2* too early you won't get enough crystals to dupe all 6x 3*s, really annoys the OCD in me
    You're right. Totally forgot about the raid store... Never purchased them before but will definitely do that now due to the great benefit they provide while forging...
    Also, based on the charts above it looks like 2* bots are not worthy resources spent on them to rank them up... cost per forge point is significantly higher than for 3* bots. Will forge them as is and spend my resources ranking up 3* versions... I'm still getting t2 ore crystals in away missions so resources are limited...
    Thank you all. I think I have a strategy now.
    edited June 2020
    the only consistent way to get shark is the 2* shark crystals from raid store, but RNG will dictate that it'll take well over 20 crystals to dupe all 6 classes

in my experience my 3* sharks gain sig faster than my 2* sharks, so by the time my 3* are ready to forge my 2* are lagging. if you forge your 2* too early you won't get enough crystals to dupe all 6x 3*s, really annoys the OCD in me

The main purpose of sig 100 a shark is to earn sharks crystals of the higher class. You get 3-4 FULL crystals of the next star.

If you look at the forge XP chart, each sig level is a constant forge XP. That means you don't get extra forge XP as you sig 100. It's better to NOT dupe your higher level sharks and save those sigs for a reg forge bot so you can get the shark xp bonus. By not duping, you have two sharks (using your example; two 50% extra XP) vs. one sharks with 50% XP.

Edit: with that said, I do sig 100 2* and 3* sharks because my goal is getting 4* sharks for fodder
  • asparagusasparagus Posts: 184
    Sharks. Get as many sig programs as you can and put them in sharks. Max them all, 2,3,4 stars and pump sigs until you're ready to forge.

As for regular 2 vs 3 vs 4 star bots. My rule of thumb is to max 4 stars first. Yes, they eat more resources but forging is a grind and you get the most xp from 4 stars.

If you're impatient and forge too early you'll end up with a forge lvl 65 bot waiting another two months for the bots and resources to max them.

Find the bot you want to max forge, gather your resources, then max forge.

Voltron wrote: »
    The main purpose of sig 100 a shark is to earn sharks crystals of the higher class. You get 3-4 FULL crystals of the next star.

If you look at the forge XP chart, each sig level is a constant forge XP. That means you don't get extra forge XP as you sig 100. It's better to NOT dupe your higher level sharks and save those sigs for a reg forge bot so you can get the shark xp bonus. By not duping, you have two sharks (using your example; two 50% extra XP) vs. one sharks with 50% XP.

Edit: with that said, I do sig 100 2* and 3* sharks because my goal is getting 4* sharks for fodder

Here's a quick experiment:
    - 2* scout shark R3/30, sig37, F0, forging into 3* scout shark with F0 will bring him up to F29 + 160xp
    - 2* demo shark R3/30, sig14, F0, forging into 3* demo shark with F0 will bring him up to F24 + 229xp

Evidently sig has an impact, and is a different "currency" than ore/spark/gold

But you have a point, based on what's available to you it MAY be better to max rank TWO sharks (spend ore/spark/gold) than to dupe ONE shark (spend shark crystal), but it's not like you can dictate RNG whether you pull a new shark or dupe a shark
  • FirebotFirebot Posts: 525

- 2* scout shark R3/30, sig37, F0, forging into 3* scout shark with F0 will bring him up to F29 + 160xp
    - 2* demo shark R3/30, sig14, F0, forging into 3* demo shark with F0 will bring him up to F24 + 229xp

But you have a point, based on what's available to you it MAY be better to max rank TWO sharks (spend ore/spark/gold) than to dupe ONE shark (spend shark crystal), but it's not like you can dictate RNG whether you pull a new shark or dupe a shark

WOW
    I didnt know there was so much behind forging
    if i felt like forging my bots i would just do it not ...
    wow
    edited June 2020

sig does have an impact but it's a fixed impact that can be transferred to any bot (that has the sigs). the extra XP shark impact is solely with sharks.. so if you duping, you giving up 1 of those extras to dupe.

but for 4* sharks to 5* bots. I don't do this for 3* and 2* sharks (and will sig 100) because I want the 4* shark crystals.

there's an old thread on this....from the group/a couple players that created all these great charts and figured things out.

https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/4067/spark-academy-secret-of-the-sharkticons-read-b4-opening-your-3-shark-crystal-calendar-reward#latest
  • UmairKhan05UmairKhan05 Posts: 167
    This thread will be a GREAT help for me. Thanks to everyone who provided their knowledge. Appreciate it :)
  • KonvoyKonvoy Posts: 62
    This thread will be a GREAT help for me. Thanks to everyone who provided their knowledge. Appreciate it :)

Thanks for sharing, this is great!
    I decided to update on my progress and share with additional tips for relatively new players. I was able to get 60 forge levels to max forge my 4* Tronus in about 2 weeks while adding 10 forge levels to 4* Nemesis. Over the course of 2 weeks I was focusing on 3* Tronus and 2 other 3* demo bots. I also picked a bot per each class to benefit from class ore. Since I'm still on t2ore crystals in away missions, my resources are very limited. I didn't rank up any 2 star bots except sharks since gold/ore per forge level ratio is much better in 3* bots. During those two weeks I was accumulating all bot crystals such as premium, daily elite, 3 star, any special ones I got from spotlights. Once I was able to get to a 100 forge level for Tronus, I forged all 3* and 2* bots I had, except tacticians, into him. Forged all of them even if they weren't maxed out... After that I opened all my bot crystals... I had about 50 of them to replenish my 3* bot roster. Worked pretty well for me in terms of efficiency and cost...
  • KonvoyKonvoy Posts: 62
    yorkdred wrote: »
    I decided to update on my progress and share with additional tips for relatively new players. I was able to get 60 forge levels to max forge my 4* Tronus in about 2 weeks while adding 10 forge levels to 4* Nemesis. Over the course of 2 weeks I was focusing on 3* Tronus and 2 other 3* demo bots. I also picked a bot per each class to benefit from class ore. Since I'm still on t2ore crystals in away missions, my resources are very limited. I didn't rank up any 2 star bots except sharks since gold/ore per forge level ratio is much better in 3* bots. During those two weeks I was accumulating all bot crystals such as premium, daily elite, 3 star, any special ones I got from spotlights. Once I was able to get to a 100 forge level for Tronus, I forged all 3* and 2* bots I had, except tacticians, into him. Forged all of them even if they weren't maxed out... After that I opened all my bot crystals... I had about 50 of them to replenish my 3* bot roster. Worked pretty well for me in terms of efficiency and cost...

Hey, nice work! do you recommend leveling & ranking up the bots you're going to forge into the 4* bots?
    edited July 2020
    Konvoy wrote: »
    yorkdred wrote: »
    Hey, nice work! do you recommend leveling & ranking up the bots you're going to forge into the 4* bots?

Ideally you would do that. I don't recommended investing into 2* star bots though; unless it's the same bot or a shark. cost/forge ratio is better for 3* bots. In my case, I wanted to forge bots quickly so I had to compromise. I decided not to wait until I max all needed bots out... only did the ones that give bonus points (same bot, same class) and one bot per each class to exercise class ore bonuses... Once I was done, I forged the rest of my 2* and 3* bots to get to 100... but again I had about 50 bot crystals saved to replenish my 3* bot roster... If I waited until I could have maxed additional 5-6 bots, it would have taken additional 2 weeks...