Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Transformers: War for Cybertron - Siege Trailer Discussion [Spoilers?]

Comments

• F_15_SG wrote: »
    Firebot wrote: »
    Megatron's lips are..........
    I think that's why Optimus has a mouth plate.
    Shockwave's voice is....... shocking.
    And...
    Bumblebee dies cuz of too much fire focused on him
    We see Omega Supreme's hand rise up
    Pretty sure Soundwave could be gone too
    Megatron and shockwave are trying to turn Autobots into Decepticons(?)
    God knows what else
    (if you know me well you would know I'm a little disappointed that Hot Rod isn't there :( )
    But love it! (too bad I don't have Netflix)

💋👄💋👄 My eyes can't move away from his lips 😌 💋👄💋👄

7d0482xam571.jpeg
    pirdndaw857a.jpeg
    y1v6oibio85n.jpeg
    44prjd95rv0y.jpeg

This is not what Primus wanted when he decided to create life in his giant asteroid he was stuck on
  • F_15_SGF_15_SG Posts: 63
    F_15_SG wrote: »
    And...
    God knows what else
    (if you know me well you would know I'm a little disappointed that Hot Rod isn't there :( )

7d0482xam571.jpeg
    pirdndaw857a.jpeg
    y1v6oibio85n.jpeg
    44prjd95rv0y.jpeg

This is not what Primus wanted when he decided to create life in his giant asteroid he was stuck on

Life is strange 😌
  • SilverZASilverZA Posts: 363
    And...
    God knows what else

7d0482xam571.jpeg
    pirdndaw857a.jpeg
    y1v6oibio85n.jpeg
    44prjd95rv0y.jpeg

It is an anime, so Megatron blushing is acceptable.
  • Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    And...
    God knows what else

7d0482xam571.jpeg
    pirdndaw857a.jpeg
    y1v6oibio85n.jpeg
    44prjd95rv0y.jpeg

"I-it's not like I like you or an-anything, Prime. I just want to liberate Cybertron, baka!"
  • F_15_SG wrote: »
    And...
    God knows what else

7d0482xam571.jpeg
    pirdndaw857a.jpeg
    y1v6oibio85n.jpeg
    44prjd95rv0y.jpeg

"I-it's not like I like you or an-anything, Prime. I just want to liberate Cybertron, baka!"

Why do I always have Iron Mouse's voice in my head whenever I see stuff like this
    They made Ultra Magnus look... well, young. In the game he looks more aged and older.
  • WraithWraith Posts: 34
    edited July 2020
    SilverZA wrote: »
    They made Ultra Magnus look... well, young. In the game he looks more aged and older.

Because in game magnus was created using his previous toyline design while this show's magnus' design is based on the latest siege wfc toyline design. He looks much more younger in the latest toyline compared to the previous one
    Wraith wrote: »
    SilverZA wrote: »

Because in game magnus was created using his previous toyline design while this show's magnus' design is based on the latest siege wfc toyline design. He looks much more younger in the latest toyline compared to the previous one

true.
  • Cr4zy_WheeljackCr4zy_Wheeljack Posts: 544
    edited July 2020
    I feel like I need to make a big post about this just to give my full opinion on the whole show itself by only judging it from the trailers we've had so far:

Tone And Story

I dont mind it really. Yeah, it's been a very repetitive theme for a lot of TF media but this series will be shown to a wide demographic. It does look a bit edgy in a few scenes though like "Oh, screw war" and
    "I've lost so many soldiers in this war die for nothing" and all the other cliché war writing in the series but I think this is the only way for people to finally respect this franchise and not see it as "Those Micheal Bay Transforming 80s robots that screwed up when those movies came out".It's probably going to have the same story as FOC but G1.

The Animation

Oh boy I do not like how the whole cast looks. Thank Primus they didn't go with the crappy way that Earth Wars did their models by literally putting toy cibble on a transformer but the faces look even worse then they did compared to Beast Wars and Energon. Everytime I see Bumblebee or MEGATRON'S faces, I question why their the main mascots of the franchise.
    But other then those nitpicks, it's fine.

The Voice Acting/Lines

This has got to be the most controversial thing about this series, some people don't mind it but the majority of fans dislike how the voice actors pretray the cast.
    Specifically Optimus, Megatron and Shady Drug Dealer Shockwave.
    Because of how our human bodies work, it will slowly start to get older and older until that person, well, passes away.
    This does not exclude Frank Welker and Peter Cullen, it seems like Hasbro has decided now that they will only cast Peter and Frank when a possible change or formula to the franchise happens.
    I know its hard to accept for most of you, its a game changer for the franchise but eventually this is going to happen.
    The only thing that is wrong with this is the new voice actors that Hasbro/Netflix hired.
    The Cyberverse Prime Voice actor is trying way too hard to be Peter Cullen and he doesn't really fit with the overall tone of the trilogy,Im actually fine with Megatrons voice actor. He sounds a lot like his Animated-self and he overall fits with the tone of the trilogy.

So Shockwave. Instead of picking Steve Blum who in my opinion is THE perfect modern voice actor of Shockwave in the entire franchise or literally anyone else, it seems like Hasbro hired the original voice actor of Tarantulas while he was stoned.
    OK, I don't want to hate on the VC of Shockwave but he doesn't really respect the character as a whole.

Anyways, trailers look decent enough.
    6.5/10

Can't wait to see Cliffjumper die in the first five minutes of the first episode.
    I feel like I need to make a big post about this just to give my full opinion on the whole show itself by only judging it from the trailers we've had so far:

Tone And Story

I dont mind it really. Yeah, it's been a very repetitive theme for a lot of TF media but this series will be shown to a wide demographic. It does look a bit edgy in a few scenes though like "Oh, screw war" and
    "I've lost so many soldiers in this war die for nothing" and all the other cliché war writing in the series but I think this is the only way for people to finally respect this franchise and not see it as "Those Micheal Bay Transforming 80s robots that screwed up when those movies came out".It's probably going to have the same story as FOC but G1.

The Animation

Oh boy I do not like how the whole cast looks. Thank Primus they didn't go with the crappy way that Earth Wars did their models by literally putting toy cibble on a transformer but the faces look even worse then they did compared to Beast Wars and Energon. Everytime I see Bumblebee or MEGATRON'S faces, I question why their the main mascots of the franchise.

The Voice Acting/Lines

This has got to be the most controversial thing about this series, some people don't mind it but the majority of fans dislike how the voice actors pretray the cast.
    Because of how our human bodies work, it will slowly start to get older and older until that person, well, passes away.
    This does not exclude Frank Welker and Peter Cullen, it seems like Hasbro has decided now that they will only cast Peter and Frank when a possible change or formula to the franchise happens.
    I know its hard to accept for most of you, its a game changer for the franchise but eventually this is going to happen.
    The only thing that is wrong with this is the new voice actors that Hasbro/Netflix hired.
    The Cyberverse Prime Voice actor is trying way too hard to be Peter Cullen and he doesn't really fit with the overall tone of the trilogy,Im actually fine with Megatrons voice actor. He sounds a lot like his Animated-self and he overall fits with the tone of the trilogy.

So Shockwave. Instead of picking Steve Blum who in my opinion is THE perfect modern voice actor of Shockwave in the entire franchise or literally anyone else, it seems like Hasbro hired the original voice actor of Tarantulas while he was stoned.
    OK, I don't want to hate on the VC of Shockwave but he doesn't really respect the character as a whole.

6.5/10

Can't wait to see Cliffjumper die in the first five minutes of the first episode.

Cliffjumper: the guy who dies first in Transformers Prime and in pretty much everything else. But he doesn't die in Fall of Cybertron.
  • SilverZA wrote: »

Tone And Story

The Animation

The Voice Acting/Lines

6.5/10

Cliffjumper: the guy who dies first in Transformers Prime and in pretty much everything else. But he doesn't die in Fall of Cybertron.

He's the Shaak Ti of Transformers.
  • August Spotlight Mission
    August Spotlight Mission

It's here. I am surprised you want to see it.
  • Cr4zy_WheeljackCr4zy_Wheeljack Posts: 544
    edited July 2020
    So I just watched WFC today and I think the show is decent overall!
    There are a few problems with the show such as the pacing and the amount of Where TF did that come out of? Scenes but for the start of a new series I think it's pretty good.

I give it a 7 or 7.5/10
    That ending though

• Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    How long does each episode last? An hour or half hour?
  • WraithWraith Posts: 34
    edited July 2020
    Gunz0 wrote: »

around 20 mins

• Wraith wrote: »
    Gunz0 wrote: »

around 20 mins

Yeah pretty much the same length as a Clone Wars episode or longer
  • I just started to watch it... It's awesome.. I really like it, the animation is really nice, I like the voices.. the representation of the characters is great (especially Starscream)

It's a pleasure to watch it :) Finally I can enjoy TF again :)
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    That sound blaster threw me off lmao
    So I just watched WFC today and I think the show is decent overall!
    There are a few problems with the show such as the pacing and the amount of Where TF did that come out of? Scenes but for the start of a new series I think it's pretty good.

I give it a 7 or 7.5/10
    That ending though

It's okay, but Peter Cullen and Frank W should have been there too.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    They made arcee dummy thicc. Lol.
  • TruckXTruckX Posts: 20
    megatrons lips will give you nightmares
    be warned[/left]
  • TruckX wrote: »
    megatrons lips will give you nightmares

I got over the lips when I watched the last episodes but nobody is talking about Ironhide's voice actor!
    He sounds younger and less manlier than Prowl!
    What happened to shockwaves voice.
    Supposed to be more baritone than squeaky
  • Sycko5Sycko5 Posts: 206
    Just watched it... I honestly have no idea what to think about it
  • Binge watched all of em!! :) I think I got used to Optimus' voice and Megatron's lips after a while, so I didn't have much problem with em. Overall, really good story, enjoyed watching it. Hope the next parts are as good as this one!
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I watched all of them over the last 2 days. I'm a bit torn. Overall it was pretty good. The themes seemed more geared towards us as a more mature audience.
    The voice acting was cast well with the exception of a couple of bots (Shockwave of course) and Prowl sounded like he should've been playing Ironhide.
    It was extremely overacted though....like a high school production might have been...way over the top dramatic, almost distracting. If you're going to make a series for adults, act it as if you're making the series for adults. You could make a drinking game out of "dramatic pause" and "manufactured tension"....
    As for Prime and Megatron, those voice actors have HUGE shoes to fill and I think they were spot on. I almost forget it isn't Frank and Peter doing the voices. Normally it's distracting but bravo to them.
    Overall I'd say I can't wait for next chapter.
  • DrShotgun wrote: »
    I watched all of them over the last 2 days. I'm a bit torn. Overall it was pretty good. The themes seemed more geared towards us as a more mature audience.
    The voice acting was cast well with the exception of a couple of bots (Shockwave of course) and Prowl sounded like he should've been playing Ironhide.
    It was extremely overacted though....like a high school production might have been...way over the top dramatic, almost distracting. If you're going to make a series for adults, act it as if you're making the series for adults. You could make a drinking game out of "dramatic pause" and "manufactured tension"....
    As for Prime and Megatron, those voice actors have HUGE shoes to fill and I think they were spot on. I almost forget it isn't Frank and Peter doing the voices. Normally it's distracting but bravo to them.
    Overall I'd say I can't wait for next chapter.

Yeah the whole mature audience thing is kinda annoying because old Genwunners act like remaking G1 has never been done before and act like it's the saving grace of the franchise when the Allinued Continuity has done it before with way better results.
    The only reason why it failed was bad continuity errors on Hasbros part and absolutely lazy content at the last part of its life.
    The same could happen for the WFC trilogy
    and that why I'm cautious about this continuity.A strong start but bad and lazy content at the end of its life.