Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

How far should a r5 4* tronus reach?

As of now I only have 3 r2 5* so they arent that good yet. i have 5 r5 4* but low level forge and sigs- galvatron, megatron, bludgeon, kickback, tantrum.

Should I be focusing on getting up tronus first?

Also, what content should I be clearing at this point? Ive only done captain and barely finished act 4m6. Only killed tronus after ressing the squad twice.

Thank you for input. New player here.

Comments

• SilverZASilverZA Posts: 363
    Focus on ranking up your four stars first. They help you get more things, and you can then get sparks for your five stars.
  • AnavarAnavar Posts: 7
    Thanks for the tip. Ranking as in max sig max forge?
  • I'm going to respectfully, partially disagree with SilverZA here.

If you beat Necrotronus at the end of Act 4 with your R5 4* squad, you have considerable skills. You don't need to invest much in building up your 4* team. (An exception might be Cyclonus, if you want to attempt the Prime level mini-spotlight; also he pairs very well with Galvatron).

Where I agree with SilverZA is that your 4* squad will help you get resources to rank up 5* bots. Which you're ready to do, I think.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    I agree with @CarrotBoy2k here too. Forget about those 4* bots and make the transition to your 5*s — post which 3 you have for more advice. Just realize that your “dream” bots may not be in the cards right now and also that you end up liking the 3 that you have now as you increase your fight skills.

Ask anyone here who has a deep roster/something near the end game perspective and they will likely tell you a story of how they had a 5* Demo Megatron and that he may suck but was important in their growth and ultimately breaking into the elite game modes.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Anavar wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip. Ranking as in max sig max forge?

Think of it in this order of priority:

1. Ranking as in level up to Rank 5 (Ore & Gold can be had in many places. It will be a long way before these become a problem).

2. Forging to 100 (this is a costly endeavor so you want to have an idea of your end game roster before going too far. Ok to pick a single bot to invest in if that helps you pass a certain game mode like Prime Spotlight).

3. Sig level comes last (not because it isn’t helpful, but because each bot is different in how relevant their Sig abilities)
  • SilverZASilverZA Posts: 363
    I'm going to respectfully, partially disagree with SilverZA here.

If you beat Necrotronus at the end of Act 4 with your R5 4* squad, you have considerable skills. You don't need to invest much in building up your 4* team. (An exception might be Cyclonus, if you want to attempt the Prime level mini-spotlight; also he pairs very well with Galvatron).

Where I agree with SilverZA is that your 4* squad will help you get resources to rank up 5* bots. Which you're ready to do, I think.

Very true, very true. I did that sometimes too.
  • AnavarAnavar Posts: 7
    Thank you for all your advice! Its nice to be part of a really close community for a change. (For context i played wow for the longest time and their forums are 💩)

For 5* i have a duped r2 jazz, duped r1 grimlock missing one t3c and an unduped g1 megatron and wasp
  • FirebotFirebot Posts: 525
    can he defeat mixmaster in loc?
  • m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    Firebot wrote: »
    can he defeat mixmaster in loc?

https://youtu.be/N36lUXNdPfw
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    Until recently, I had a Max’d out 4* Megatronus. At best, he would be about a 5400 PI with Forge 100 & Sig 100... which is about the equivalent of an R3 5* bot. As your 5* roster gets stronger, you discover that the 4* Tronus has limitations. At the end of the day, it really is better to focus on working on leveling & ranking up your 5* bots.
  • kot9dt9qbxja.jpg
    Here's the answer. He's a great allrounder but he gets outperformed offensively by other r4 5* demo bots like galv & ironhide.
    Highly recommend maxing him out though. Great defender.
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    Bhalubali wrote: »
    kot9dt9qbxja.jpg
    Here's the answer. He's a great allrounder but he gets outperformed offensively by other r4 5* demo bots like galv & ironhide.
    Highly recommend maxing him out though. Great defender.

Cannot argue with your points about Megatronus... especially when paired up with Robot Resource on Base Defense. Took me a while to get a bot up to level that could neutralize the incredible power gain Robotronus has...

By comparison, here is what an R2 5* Megatronus looks like with only a 4 Sig and 40 Forge...
    x0lvnft2obem.png
    Attack-wise, it is only 10% lower than the Max’d out 4* version, while health-wise is about 20% lower... and the 5* has so much more growth potential.