Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Transformers: War for Cybertron - Siege Trailer Discussion [Spoilers?]

13»

Comments

• Cr4zy_WheeljackCr4zy_Wheeljack Posts: 544
    edited August 2020
    So I just watched WFC today and I think the show is decent overall!
    There are a few problems with the show such as the pacing and the amount of Where TF did that come out of? Scenes but for the start of a new series I think it's pretty good.

I give it a 7 or 7.5/10
    That ending though

Nevermind, Im thinking that the show is like a 5 or 6/10.
    I can't even review the show because it hurts to think about the problems.
    Not saying that it's bad but because my opinions change almost every single second and if the show rushes plot points and such, than I can rush this review.

The Bad

. I hate every aspect of Prime
    .The Autobots act like hipnotized religious crusaders
    . Jetfire's "Redemption ark" is really stupid
    . All the Autobots act gritty and moody in all of the scenes their featured in
    . The "Alpha Trion Protocol", "Autobots virus" and the guardians(Omega Supreme) are completely rushed into the story and are forgotten whenever a new plot is introduced
    . Toy cibble on the characters
    . The voice actors apart from Megalips, Wheeljack,Starscream and IDK the fem bots voices are bland or if their not it doesn't fit the character their voicing
    . Which characters die or not?!
    . Way too many repaints of characters for generic O' bots

The Good

. The "Non-faction" characters are actually likeable(Even Bumblebee)
    . I get a nostalgia bulge whenever I see that the decepticon's base corridors look like the Nemesis' corridors from Prime
    . The animation is good (Probably because its made by the same people that animated
    TF Prime who have gotten awards for their animation)
    . I like how the decepticons actually have a reason as to why their who they are

That's it.
    Also I thought that the ending meant that the Predacons and Maximals have crash landed on Earth with the Autobots in the Ark but that was because I thought Kingdom would come before Earth Rise and I was completely wrong.

Just go and watch TF Prime to get your nostalgia bulges up, Genwunners.
  • So I just watched WFC today and I think the show is decent overall!
    There are a few problems with the show such as the pacing and the amount of Where TF did that come out of? Scenes but for the start of a new series I think it's pretty good.

I give it a 7 or 7.5/10
    That ending though

Not saying that it's bad but because my opinions change almost every single second and if the show rushes plot points and such, than I can rush this review.

The Bad

. The "Alpha Trion Protocol", "Autobots virus" and the guardians(Omega Supreme) are completely rushed into the story and are forgotten whenever a new plot is introduced
    . The voice actors apart from Megalips, Wheeljack,Starscream and IDK the fem bots voices are bland or if their not it doesn't fit the character their voicing

The Good

. I get a nostalgia bulge whenever I see that the decepticon's base corridors look like the Nemesis' corridors from Prime
    . The animation is good (Probably because its made by the same people that animated
    . I like how the decepticons actually have a reason as to why their who they are

That's it.
    Also I thought that the ending meant that the Predacons and Maximals have crash landed on Earth with the Autobots in the Ark but that was because I thought Kingdom would come before Earth Rise and I was completely wrong.

Sorry but It sounds like you read a critic somewhere and you want to polish your own first thougths that way (like this critic: https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/netflixs-transformers-war-for-cybertron-is-too-dark-and-too-short-for-its-own-good/)
    I really don't want to offend you, just.. stick to your feelings and experience.. dont let your thougths misleaded..
  • BonesetterHUNBonesetterHUN Posts: 367
    edited August 2020
    The Tannhäuser gate is a reference to Blade Runner? Or these are in the same universe?
  • So I just watched WFC today and I think the show is decent overall!

I give it a 7 or 7.5/10
    That ending though

The Bad

The Good

That's it.

Sorry but It sounds like you read a critic somewhere and you want to polish your own first thougths that way (like this critic: https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/netflixs-transformers-war-for-cybertron-is-too-dark-and-too-short-for-its-own-good/)
    I really don't want to offend you, just.. stick to your feelings and experience.. dont let your thougths misleaded..

It is my own feelings and I'm not offended by anybodys other opinions.
    Just because I have the same opinion as the majority of people doesn't mean I'm not showing my true feelings.
    It's like this full blown debate about why games like, dare I say it, FORTNITE was popular just because content creators think it was cool so they have to be like them. No, the reason why it's popular is because people actually liked it the first time it just couldn't die out healthily because it THEN became popular because it was a trend.
  • Cr4zy_WheeljackCr4zy_Wheeljack Posts: 544
    edited August 2020
    So I just watched WFC today and I think the show is decent overall!

I give it a 7 or 7.5/10
    That ending though

The Bad

The Good

That's it.

It is my own feelings and I'm not offended by anybodys other opinions.
    Just because I have the same opinion as the majority of people doesn't mean I'm not showing my true feelings.
    It's like this full blown debate about why games like, dare I say it, FORTNITE was popular just because content creators think it was cool so they have to be like them. No, the reason why it's popular is because people actually liked it the first time it just couldn't die out healthily because it THEN became popular because it was a trend.

Also check what you post next time because I could not tell what you were trying to say when I first read your post.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    I liked it. Personally I think the VAs did a great job with the characters, especially Megalord, Optimus, Mirage, Elta One, Ratchet and dare I say...
    Shockwave

Some characters are pretty enjoyable. Mirage, Starscream, Impactor, Ratchet and mayyyyybe Jetfire are my favorites in this show.
    One problem with Jetfire is that his “redemption arc” was rushed. He barely showed any signs of remorse and conflicts after seeing Megatron’s deeds before turning on him

I must say I really dig this version of Megatron despite not getting as much spotlight as the others.
    He’s a real DECEPTicon if y’know what I mean. He’s a politician who’s good at lying and manipulating the masses. He went from “Hurr durr this is a revolution, not a genocide” in episode 1 to “Gas the Autobots, race war now”

I like Optimus in this version.
    He’s an incompetent and amateurish leader and I hope to see him growing into THE Prime every purist wants to see.
    This Optimus Prime has his flaws and I like to see more incarnations like him and Cyberverse Prime soon.

While I do think the show’s playing a little bit “safe”, I do admit it’s done a great job it’s supposed to do. It’s supposed to be dark and gritty but not full on edgelord post apocalyptic tier. It’s a solid miniseries with a few flaws and there but an enjoyable one for Transfomers fans of all kinds. And this is coming from a guy who constantly sh*ts on the show before its release.
  • SilverZASilverZA Posts: 363
    I like Tranformers Prime better in every way. Beeter story, good animation, normal and good voice actors, and it's just better.
  • SilverZA wrote: »
    I like Tranformers Prime better in every way. Beeter story, good animation, normal and good voice actors, and it's just better.

But then Hasbro decided to stomp all over High Moons lore of the allinued continuity by making RID 2015.
    I find it very similar to what happened with The Clone Wars and Rebels

. Undercover group of rebellious heroes try to stop the uprising of a new army that isn't the same army as it was years ago

. Bringing back old characters just to keep interest of the show but to immediately kill/defeat them in battle

. Overuses way to many lines from the previous show

. Most of the villains are extremely boring

. Worse animation then the previous show

And most noticeably

. No Knockout or the for Clone Wars, the clone that punched a droid
    pms0ljdh3n8v.gif
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    RID15 was ruined the exact moment Optimus Prime came back. You can’t argue otherwise
  • Gunz0 wrote: »
    RID15 was ruined the exact moment Optimus Prime came back. You can’t argue otherwise

I think it was ruined as soon as I saw Sideswipe wasn't the same as he was in WFC and FOC. My headcanon is that Sideswipe died and Primus was just feeling bad that one day and decided to reincarnate Sideswipe into a bratty teenager.
    Gunz0 wrote: »

I think it was ruined as soon as I saw Sideswipe wasn't the same as he was in WFC and FOC. My headcanon is that Sideswipe died and Primus was just feeling bad that one day and decided to reincarnate Sideswipe into a bratty teenager.

WFC and FOC were actually pretty good, but Activision shut down the servers, so now I can't play multiplayer.

SCREW YOU, ACTIVISION!
    SilverZA wrote: »

But then Hasbro decided to stomp all over High Moons lore of the allinued continuity by making RID 2015.

. Undercover group of rebellious heroes try to stop the uprising of a new army that isn't the same army as it was years ago

. Bringing back old characters just to keep interest of the show but to immediately kill/defeat them in battle

And most noticeably

pms0ljdh3n8v.gif

When I play Battlefront II, the exact opposite happens.
  • SilverZA wrote: »

And most noticeably

pms0ljdh3n8v.gif

Same for me in Republic commandos.
    Droids barely do any damage even on hard mode so I just give them a stabby stabby and their dead.
    Then I just go back to my bacta addiction
    *sniiiiiiifffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff*
    Rule 39:Never say no to bacta!

And most noticeably

pms0ljdh3n8v.gif

Same for me in Republic commandos.
    Droids barely do any damage even on hard mode so I just give them a stabby stabby and their dead.
    Then I just go back to my bacta addiction
    *sniiiiiiifffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff*
    Rule 39:Never say no to bacta!

Bacta tanks: pure liquid heaven.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited August 2020
    Wondered why the VA in the Netflix series was sub-par?

https://screenrant.com/transformers-war-cybertron-siege-netflix-controversy-explained/

Hasbro cost-cutting has permeated ALL aspects of their products*

Cullen and Welker got to eat, you cheap $#!+$!!!

*Expect more HOLLOW parts till the authentics line becomes the norm
  • So I only just realised that Soundwaves VA for Seige (Edward Bosco) has voiced Alastor from Hazbin Hotel and the Marauder from Doom Eternal.
    He is nothing but an usurper-a false idol!
  • Legen10Legen10 Posts: 98
    I would like to see this new UM with that symbol
  • Legen10Legen10 Posts: 98
    edited October 2020
    d1u9t2wwnmai.png
    I forget the photo