Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

TIME-SLIDE: Battle of the Bugs

Greeting Commanders!

A timeline where the Bug-Bots rule supreme but who's the best bot of all the bugs? Kickback, Waspinator, and Scorponok will have to decide that for themselves. Who will still be standing (or crawling or buzzing) after this BATTLE OF THE BUGS!?

Start Date: August 27, 2020 @ 10:00AM (EDT)
End Date: September 10th, 2020 @ 9:59AM (EDT)

Rewards: Same as previous Time-Slides.

bhAW2kG.gif

Bots of the Month: Sideswipe, Arcee, Jetfire, Cyclonus

Comments

• KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Cool
  • VanyaVanya Posts: 145
    I thought you were preparing a surprise, so you didn't publish until the last day.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    So when are we getting more info on relic tickets?
  • Which "Bug" is the best? Air whiff? Magic Kick??

*Air punch.
  • Could we just get a New Game Mode or New Bots
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Just curious as to why this post wasn’t made until after the new spotlight missions were up.
  • Last month i thought about Cyclonus. That i need him and its obvious choice and else. So this month i bought Sideswipe cause he's red.
    Really dsnt change nuthin since last month So those who are seakin bot that they aint Got let them rip. And rest should rest 4 return of the bots mode
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Just curious as to why this post wasn’t made until after the new spotlight missions were up.

Does it matter?
  • SilverZASilverZA Posts: 363
    Which "Bug" is the best? Air whiff? Magic Kick??

That's a good pun, right there,
  • Darm0k wrote: »

Well, that's just Kabam.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    Darm0k wrote: »

Sometimes surprises are, well I'm not quite sure how to put this, but, surprising?
  • SvetliSvetli Posts: 2
    Something is wrong with Waspinator at hardest level in new special mission - it cannot be defeated with the set of mods he has. I play for 3 years now and this is the first time I cannot defeat a final boss. My squad is r5 fully forged 50+ sig including Tronus ans still I cannot finish him, after he revives. Does anyone else see it that way?
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Svetli wrote: »
    Something is wrong with Waspinator at hardest level in new special mission - it cannot be defeated with the set of mods he has. I play for 3 years now and this is the first time I cannot defeat a final boss. My squad is r5 fully forged 50+ sig including Tronus ans still I cannot finish him, after he revives. Does anyone else see it that way?

I suggest you make a video of the fight and post it here for feedback. I found Wasp to be normal.
  • Svetli wrote: »

As an experienced player, you probably know all of this already, but maybe others can also benefit from the discussion.

This boss takes patience because the window of opportunity to damage him is so narrow. You have to dodge until his Energon shield goes down, then try to hit him with the form of attack (melee/ranged) opposite his current resistance. And once per fight, he repairs more than 20% health.

Damage over time is good here, since bleeds, burns, and shocks will continue to damage Wasp while his Energon Shield is up.

Bots that can apply Repair Block (Cheetor might be the best option) will neutralize the Energon Shield repair *AND* keep him from regaining health after he goes down the first time. (He'll still have 1 HP, but that's better than 20%!)

In general, dodging a lot and getting up in his face so your ranged shots aren't being reflected back at you seems to work.

Is there something unexpected happening when you fight Wasp? You said he's unbeatable after he revives and repairs. I think Repair Block is your best bet, but I don't know what you're seeing happen in the game.

Good luck -- he's tough, for sure.
  • SvetliSvetli Posts: 2
    Thanks for taking your time to provide details. I think I found the problem in me - the icons for energon shield and resistance cycle are similar, so I did not see the attack window clearly and thought there was none!
  • VanyaVanya Posts: 145
    I have a question. Is there any way to get a 3-4 star sharkticon for the collection? I know I can buy s-1000 in the store for fragments. And there's no way to get the others. Developers if you do not have a hard time to make an arena with fragments of crystal sharkticon.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    That notorious energon shield refreshing on Blaster is back.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008

Yep. See this post in Bugs section of the forum by one of the veteran players on here. Be careful out there!

https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/10155/blaster-absorption-shield-messing-up-the-energon-shield-mod
  • MegaStrikersMegaStrikers Posts: 264
    edited August 2020
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »

Yep. See this post in Bugs section of the forum by one of the veteran players on here. Be careful out there!

https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/10155/blaster-absorption-shield-messing-up-the-energon-shield-mod

Is it a bug or is it supposed to be this way? If it is a bug, Kabam, fix it. If it's not, damn this guy's too overpowered with the mod.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Does it matter?

Just want to hear them say it.

Or perhaps they already did?

wfojnpz6z51w.png

Marissa Faireborn a.k.a. Kabam Vydious? 😂
  • Sydney2Sydney2 Posts: 68

As an experienced player, you probably know all of this already, but maybe others can also benefit from the discussion.

This boss takes patience because the window of opportunity to damage him is so narrow. You have to dodge until his Energon shield goes down, then try to hit him with the form of attack (melee/ranged) opposite his current resistance. And once per fight, he repairs more than 20% health.

Damage over time is good here, since bleeds, burns, and shocks will continue to damage Wasp while his Energon Shield is up.

Bots that can apply Repair Block (Cheetor might be the best option) will neutralize the Energon Shield repair *AND* keep him from regaining health after he goes down the first time. (He'll still have 1 HP, but that's better than 20%!)

In general, dodging a lot and getting up in his face so your ranged shots aren't being reflected back at you seems to work.

Is there something unexpected happening when you fight Wasp? You said he's unbeatable after he revives and repairs. I think Repair Block is your best bet, but I don't know what you're seeing happen in the game.

Scout Bumblebee turns energon shield into shock damage
  • MirageMirage Posts: 33
    Mirage making fight so normal. He is direct counter Wasp, I think

Scout Bee breaking shield. Easy. But when Wasp in low health can kill full health Bee by only his sp1. (yeah I got by him :)

Spotlight mission is like puzzle. If you have specific bot to counter. It s easy.
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    Sydney2 wrote: »

I tried an R5 5* Scout Bumblebee against Waspinator in Commander Level... didn’t go too well for me. I had better luck with my R5 5* Nanojack. Like CarrotBoy2k said, patience is critical in that matchup... no matter what level you face Waspinator. Bots like Shockwave, Cheetor, Rhinox, Grimlock, and Bonecrusher will be useful here.
  • Darm0k wrote: »
    Does it matter?

Just want to hear them say it.

Or perhaps they already did?

wfojnpz6z51w.png

Marissa Faireborn a.k.a. Kabam Vydious? 😂

HA! Looks like Kabam had other things to do in their attention. Now, what other things were demanding their attention huh??
  • Sydney2 wrote: »

Now that's a pretty good advice 🤜🤛
  • IratxeIratxe Posts: 7
    Parece que la tematica de los bots del mes son rápidos y veloces
    Espero que pronto pongan nuevos personajes
    Que ahora no esten en el juego
    La misión especial acaba 3 dias antes de mi cumple