Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Introducing: The Last Knight Challenge

edited September 2017 in General Discussion
Commanders!

We're going to do something a little different than our usual Spotlight Missions this time...

It’s time for The Last Knight Challenge!

Much like The Prime Challenge we ran back in April, this is more difficult than the usual set of Missions, and will put you through your paces as Commander. There will be 3 difficulty levels, each with multiple chapters, and multiple Missions per chapter.

Each of the Missions contain 6 fights along a single path, and every chapter has the same encounters, but every mission in that chapter differs from the other missions. Meaning, you’ll fight the same bots in Chapter 1: Mission 2 as you will in Chapter 3: Mission 2, and Chapter 2 Mission 4 will have identical fights as Chapter 3 Mission 4.

These missions are not meant to be easy, so don’t be surprised by Mods that increase the Bots abilities. It’s always best to read up on what the Mod will do before starting a fight.

The challenge is separated into 3 difficulties, the 2-Star Difficulty, the 3-Star Difficulty, and the 4-Star Difficulty. The 2-Star Difficulty features 2 Chapters of 6 Missions, while the 3-Star Difficulty will have 3 Chapters, and the 4-Star Difficulty now features 4 Chapters! Each chapter will cost more energy to traverse. Chapter 1 requires only 1 energy per step, Chapter 2 requires 2 energy per step, Chapter 3 requires 3 energy per step, and Chapter 4 requires 4 energy per step.

Starting with the 2-Star Last Knight Challenge, you’ll face off against some formidable 2-Star foes in 2 Chapters. They range from Rank 1, to maxed out. In the 3-Star Last Knight Challenge, we up the ante with stronger 3-Star Bots, and the 4-Star Last Knight Challenge will really mess you up with high ranked 4-Star Bots!

The Challenges are Level Locked, so you will have to be at least Level 10 to access the 2-Star Last Knight Challenge, Level 20 to access the 3-Star Challenge, and Level 25 to access the 4-Star Prime Challenge.

Now, before we tell you the rewards, let’s make sure we’re on the same page about this… This is meant to be really hard! The higher levels of the Challenges are not meant to everybody! It’s not the same difficulty as Rules of Kaon, but it’s definitely more difficult than any of our Story Missions so far, and harder than the Spotlight Missions. Do your best, have fun, and don’t you come whining to me when this gets too difficult!

2-Star Challenge:
- 3x Premium Bot Crystals
- 3,900x Premium Bot Crystal Shards
- 3x T3 Basic Ore
- 24x T2 Basic Ore
- 24x T1 Basic Ore
- 3,920x Gold

3-Star Challenge:
- 1x T1 Alpha Spark
- 10,000x T1 Alpha Spark Essence
- 2,000x T3 Bot Crystal Shards
- 3x T4 Basic Ore
- 18x T3 Basic Ore
- 54x T2 Basic Ore
- 9,600x Gold

4-Star Challenge:
- 1x T2 Alpha Spark
- 10,000x T3 Basic Spark Essence
- 2,000x T4 Bot Crystal Shards
- 1x T5 Basic Ore
- 12x T4 Basic Ore
- 72x T3 Basic Ore
- 72,000x Gold

These rewards are spread out between the completion rewards for Act, Chapter, and Missions. They are also one time only rewards, and are not grindable.

The Last Knight Challenge starts tomorrow, September 20th at 1700 UTC (9:00 am Pacific time), and will run until October 5th at 1700 UTC. Players must be on the latest version of the game (3.1) to be able to see and access this content.
Tagged:

Comments

• The answer to this might be obvious as its not listed in any of your original post, but do none of these quests/challenges reward Knight Crystal shards?

Only reason I ask is that in the last similar event, I seem to recall Knight Crystals shards being a part of the rewards. Assuming thats the case, is the only way to currently earn Knight Crystal Shards, is through Raids?
  • @Kabam Miike is G1 Galvatron part of this quest? I would like to know since his bio and abilties are in the game files:)
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    T2 Alpha Spark...yummy :)
  • Stitch626 wrote: »
    The answer to this might be obvious as its not listed in any of your original post, but do none of these quests/challenges reward Knight Crystal shards?

Only reason I ask is that in the last similar event, I seem to recall Knight Crystals shards being a part of the rewards. Assuming thats the case, is the only way to currently earn Knight Crystal Shards, is through Raids?

The Knight Shards were actually part of the Spotlight Mission surrounding the release of Hot Rod and Drift, and not in the Prime Challenge.

They are part of the Raid Event this time, and we don't have any plans to add them to any Mission content this time around.
  • Now, we may already know the answer to this one but, penalties for game stability disconnect, will our bots get KOed like the last prime challenge? I mean it's unfair for us to lose 50% HP for not even trying a fight because the game crashes as you enter the loading screen, and to be honest it's been doing that allot, mainly when you get to the bot select screen before the fight, it lags then you press fight, loading, then crash. Can we please have the AM settings with this event?
  • Spidey076Spidey076 Posts: 222
    edited September 2017
    Only question is its difficulty will be same as prime challenge or higher or slightly less then it?
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    is this going to be forced spending or doable for f2p?
  • I like how they mentioned this will be difficult multiple times. They know we're gonna complain about the difficulty by now. I'll shoot for the 3 star mission. I only have two 4 star bots at a decent level. That last mission probably isn't gonna happen for a while.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Spidey076 wrote: »
    Only question is its difficulty will be same as prime challenge or higher or slightly less then it?

Months have went by since prime challenge rewards are insanely better.

4* will prolly be designed for only top 10% or less to complete

We barely had r4 3* bots at time of prime challenge
  • Spidey076 wrote: »

It will definitely be harder than the Prime Challenge, since the 4-Star Challenge now has a 4th Chapter. I don't know about the earlier levels or lower difficulties.
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    Spidey076 wrote: »

Months have went by since prime challenge rewards are insanely better.

4* will prolly be designed for only top 10% or less to complete

We barely had r4 3* bots at time of prime challenge

question is will it be for top 10% to complete or top 10% to pay for.
    Money is name of any company's game...
  • Hey everybody! We forgot to mention that you will have to be on the latest version of the game (3.1) to be able to see and participate in this challenge! So if you haven't done so yet, make sure you update when you have a chance!
  • Spidey076 wrote: »

It will definitely be harder than the Prime Challenge, since the 4-Star Challenge now has a 4th Chapter. I don't know about the earlier levels or lower difficulties.

It sucks because the people who have an r5 will have a tremendous advantage in not using as much energon as the people who don't have one. It's not there fault that they have one either in making T2A's widely available for those couple of AM's.

I just hope the difficulty would be based on the the average top 10 excluding those 30-60 outliers but I doubt it will happen.
    You would have to have completed rok to have an r5..... it has nothing to do with t2 rewards in am
  • Mustangjon wrote: »
    You would have to have completed rok to have an r5..... it has nothing to do with t2 rewards in am

You only receive two T2A's from completing ROK. You need 3 to level one up to r5. Sorry you know everything though...
  • Nightchris wrote: »

You only receive two T2A's from completing ROK. You need 3 to level one up to r5. Sorry you know everything though...

What you need for an R5 is a Tier 3 Class spark. Currently you can get one and only one from completing RoK. Once. And a random one at that. A lot of people that HAVE completed RoK haven't even used theirs to R5 anything.
  • NightchrisNightchris Posts: 96
    edited September 2017
    Dircules wrote: »
    Nightchris wrote: »

What you need for an R5 is a Tier 3 Class spark. Currently you can get one and only one from completing RoK. Once. And a random one at that. A lot of people that HAVE completed RoK haven't even used theirs to R5 anything.

Yes but you also need 3 T2A in total and you only receive two from ROK. So people cant have an R5 who didn't take advantage of the Kabam error they made in AM. No R5 for a person who wants to complete ROK to help them out for this challenge before they attempt it.
  • Sabugen wrote: »
    is this going to be forced spending or doable for f2p?

It'll be doable for the 2*, 3*, and probably the first half of 4*. After that, only p2w players need apply
    Hey everybody! We forgot to mention that you will have to be on the latest version of the game (3.1) to be able to see and participate in this challenge! So if you haven't done so yet, make sure you update when you have a chance!

so maybe fix the bugs in 3.1 so we can update?
  • Nightchris wrote: »
    Dircules wrote: »
    Nightchris wrote: »

Yes but you also need 3 T2A in total and you only receive two from ROK. So people cant have an R5 who didn't take advantage of the Kabam error they made in AM. No R5 for a person who wants to complete ROK to help them out for this challenge before they attempt it.

I'll do this challenge without a r5...as I'm sure a lot of others will. If you've done rok, or high level am. That's more of an advantage imo then a r5.
  • although i know its individual choice which difficulty he choose but what's the point here if barely 10% people can complete that mission.it could make sense if atleast 30% community would be able to complete it.
    Its also written that "its not the mission which everyone can complete" but how its fair that only spenders can complete it and even less then 10% community.which makes them more stronger then before giving them a upper hand.
    Correct if im anywhere wrong.
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    All these comments are based on speculation. Wait until tomorrow to comment about your concerns about bot level after you see what rating their at.
  • wait update 3.1 came out already?
  • Challenge Accepted! B)
  • Event hasn’t even started and people crying over dudes that got their grind on early. :s:'(
    Can’t wait let’s get this thing started r4 IH here I come!!!
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    So I don't suppose you're going to make this challenge like that one spotlight mission where we could still use our bots both in AM and in the Knight Challenge?

That would help this process out a lot.
  • So in hard mode it's 50% HP loss to your bot if you disconnect or suffer a game crash.
  • so lame