Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Raid difficulty spike

I'm not a big fan of the raid system to start with. Waking up in the morning and having all your hard work wiped out isn't my idea of fun. Monetizing this in the form of shields is a non starter for me.

However...

It got even worse for me like the flip of a switch. Not sure what happened, if my bots hit a certain threshold or my level did but difficulty has spiked to the point I am in a free fall all of a sudden.

My last 8 or so raids have all been composed entirely of 5k plus opponents. Considering my best team is about 1,100 this is basically impossible. On top of this all nodes are massively boosted with 3 star boosts, etc. The AI seems jacked up too, nearly 100% evades, moving ultra fast etc.

On the flip side the people attacking me are now massively out powering me. Full teams of maxed 3 stars, etc. Easily ripping through my best bots.

So it seems I am now in a tier of difficulty way beyond any chance. And literally it was like flipping a switch. To start the day yesterday I'd have a choice of raid targets with the highest being maybe 2.5k. Now they start at 5k. Invaders are also about 3x as powerful.

I'm about five minutes away from uninstalling this game and washing my hands in all of it.

Comments

• SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    On top of that, raid frequency needs to be capped. I was raided 7 times times in the last 8 hours including 3 times since I woke up and logged on this morning. That means even if I won all three raids I would still lose standing.

The fact that I suddenly can't win raids at all has made this an epic free fall. I went from about 1300 medals to under 1100 in less than 12 hours. What exactly is the point of playing?

The part that makes even less sense is I have no raid chips to steal. I don't know if my Issue has also caused me to always be the easy target for opponents to chose or something else, but the end result is complete garbage.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    This is the badge system at work higher your badge count higher your opponents, and since the win loss ratio on badges is skewed it's hard for the tougher defenses and players to pull away from the pack. Ai does not change on raids like arenas and just to prove the point there are 7k bases and players with r4 within 100-200 badges of your ranking.

Also you will actually prolly yield more chips from beating a handful of nodes on tougher base without clearing vs a weak base and winning a few hundred bonus at end
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    This is the badge system at work higher your badge count higher your opponents, and since the win loss ratio on badges is skewed it's hard for the tougher defenses and players to pull away from the pack. Ai does not change on raids like arenas and just to prove the point there are 7k bases and players with r4 within 100-200 badges of your ranking.

Also you will actually prolly yield more chips from beating a handful of nodes on tougher base without clearing vs a weak base and winning a few hundred bonus at end

If this is how the game is intended to be played, I'm done. That's absolutely stupid.

Free falling from 1,300 to just over 1,000 medals in a half a day and only getting matches I have no possibility of winning is just about the dumbest game design I have ever heard of.

Also, why then am I not seeing easier opponents as my medals fall? It was all fine, hit some magical threshold and difficulty tripled, and free fall ever since.

There is no linear progression here. It's a brick wall.
    edited April 2017
    Just logged in and now magically all 3 raid targets are in the 1-2k range again. So apparently the screw me over switch has been flipped off again.

This is just ****. So I work my ass off to unlock the ability to get tier 3 ISO from the raid store and the game flips into impossible mode until all my progression and more is wiped away. Why play?

Difficulty should be a linear progression. Having the equivalent of MCoC death squads in raid progression is just asinine. If this truly is the case and this isn't a bug I'm uninstalling. It's a shame, I love the rest of the game, but the whole raid system is just terribad.
    edited April 2017
    So your complaining your badges go up and it get more difficult? Then you fall down and able to beat bases? That's point of badge system it puts you with similar skill and eventually you will hit your magic number and get hard ones lose fall back be able to win again . Difficulty of raids is not story mode or streak based it's off matching with like badge counts. It should not be linear.

So i suggest you uninstall if you think you should only win win win
    edited April 2017
    Hell im taking my loss. Uninstalling. MCo
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    So your complaining your badges go up and it get more difficult? Then you fall down and able to beat bases? That's point of badge system it puts you with similar skill and eventually you will hit your magic number and get hard ones lose fall back be able to win again . Difficulty of raids is not story mode or streak based it's off matching with like badge counts. It should not be linear.

So i suggest you uninstall if you think you should only win win win

In between your white knighting do you even read the posts people make?

I am complaining because the game went from playable to impossible instantly. Then after massive damage is done, it didn't scale down in difficulty, it flipped back immediately.

There is no progression. It was entirely 1-2k opponents, then BAM, nothing but 5K and harder opponents. There was no transition. It wasn't a matter that it got more difficult, it was in two states, possible and impossible.

If as my medal count increased my opponents difficulty increased in a RELATIVE manner, I'd have no issue. This is how a difficulty curve is supposed to work.

But it didn't. Difficulty went from normal to impossible then after basically dropping back down to 1000 medals it turned back to normal again.

This is either a bug or extremely stupid. This makes raiding have nothing to do with player skill at all.
    Have you ever thought that people with not enough bots place crap or no defenses once people get enough they place defenses? Hence the jump your seeing? As well kill a few bots on that 5k base is worth more chips than a 1k base by far. Also 3x 2* maxed can take down 4-5k bases all day so in reality it shouldn't be that big of a jump
    Who cares about points when you lose and your medal count falls, thus removing the possibility of even spending those points before you are raided and they are taken away from you?

Where is the intermediate layer of players, that is what seems to be lacking. You literally go from bases defended by 200-300 rank bots to bases full entirely of 800+ 3/4 star bots with 3star defense nodes. Where the hell are the 400/500/600/700 rank players. You know, the players at about the same level as me.

Difficulty shouldn't be binary, this makes absolutely no sense. There should be a much better progression of difficulty levels. As it stands now, the game is setup so you can slowly build your way up, then the difficulty will flip and you will have to lose your way back to viability. That is bad game design. It basically means there are no intermediate players and the only way you will ever make any progression at all is when you've maxed out your own bots and can crack those higher end bases.

The difficulty curve is a difficulty wall, and that makes zero sense. It rewards grinding and that's all. Or spending money to buy shields. If that's the approach they want to take I suppose that's fine. Basically progressing in raid is a matter of p2w or losing over and over and over until you too have maxed bots to take on those bases. I can't imagine many non whales are going to like that setup in the end.

• So, the "difficulty" of raids isn't a clear progression and doesn't just get harder. It doesn't get harder the better that you do, but sets you up against other players that are progressing similarly to where you are in Raids as well. If you're having a tough time progressing, it probably means that you're at a plateau and need to focus on other modes to rank up your Bots, and to grow your roster.

There are more and more ways being introduced to gather the Rank Up materials you need to increase your strength, including the Daily Missions, and 3-Day events. Take your time, and come back when you're stronger!
    So, the "difficulty" of raids isn't a clear progression and doesn't just get harder. It doesn't get harder the better that you do, but sets you up against other players that are progressing similarly to where you are in Raids as well. If you're having a tough time progressing, it probably means that you're at a plateau and need to focus on other modes to rank up your Bots, and to grow your roster.

There are more and more ways being introduced to gather the Rank Up materials you need to increase your strength, including the Daily Missions, and 3-Day events. Take your time, and come back when you're stronger!

This didn't match my experience in the slightest.

I played, I got better, my opponents got better and all was fine.

Then my opponents suddenly got a whole lot better, double to triple instantly. This is not a progression, it's a vertical line. And when I mean suddenly I mean suddenly. From 2k to 5k instantly, and for basically 10 straight raids my lowest option was opponents 5 times my level.

This is not a progression, it's a brick wall. It's basically identical to suicide squads in MCoC but much earlier.

If this is the intended design, fine, it's terrible and I quit. I hope by leaving this message I inform others before they waste money.

If this instant 2-3x increase is difficulty is NOT intended, it's a bug and I'd like to see it resolved.
  • TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    It's based off of player's base...lol.

The only way kabam can "fix this" is by more people raiding. Or you can level up your bots take em to r3 and you should be able to knock down 5 to 6k bases just fine.

Have you never played a trophy game before?

It's the same way, initial tiers-easy(new players), mid tiers-(where the majority of the player base is) and for this game I'd say right around 800 to 1k medals. Then high tier-( which is meant to be for the people who've got all the shiny endgame stuff).

If you don't like the game mode, don't play it. If you don't like the game in general, what are you hoping to accomplish from your forum post?