Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Awakening deal in store. Good?

What do you think guys? Going for it? I’m taking my 4* G1 Megatron to 5/5 any day now. Just need a a couple hundred T2 alpha essence. He will be my first R5/5... So I think I might bite.. I really want him to be awakened... Opinions?

Comments

• KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    I won’t state anything because I don’t think Kabam like my opinions on pay2play
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    G1 Mega is worth awakening and no $30 worth of crystals is going to get you the dupe. If you feel like spending money, this is an excellent deal.
  • Dircules wrote: »
    G1 Mega is worth awakening and no $30 worth of crystals is going to get you the dupe. If you feel like spending money, this is an excellent deal.

Haha, yeah I was thinking the same thing about the crystal spin.. Even if I did get a 4* eventually, it probably wouldn’t be Megs...
  • Yep, it really depends on your scenario. I wouldn't spend it on a non-AM bot, but if you've been dragging an unawakened bot to AM all this time, and especially if it is someone you have invested resources in to r5, it could be a very beneficial upgrade for the asking price.
  • I’m just hoping the bot intel report for January is realeased before this deal is over, that’ll determine if i buy the deal or not
  • I’m just hoping the bot intel report for January is realeased before this deal is over, that’ll determine if i buy the deal or not

It's Optimus Primal!!!

It's Optimus Primal!!!

He meant the bot intel report...
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    I’m just hoping the bot intel report for January is realeased before this deal is over, that’ll determine if i buy the deal or not

Well from leaked info skills etc he looks brawler but I wouldn’t put my life savings on it

• What do you think guys? Going for it? I’m taking my 4* G1 Megatron to 5/5 any day now. Just need a a couple hundred T2 alpha essence. He will be my first R5/5... So I think I might bite.. I really want him to be awakened... Opinions?

Sure thing great deal and for New year price are also dropped its a must buy for G1 mega or Dino bot and especially for Grimlock if you want to remove bleeds quickly.
    I would buy and save one for future
  • The first awakening deal was $50 if not $99, I don't recall but... this one is cheaper. I suppose it's a gamble whether it's going to be normal price next time or if it's a true discount. I would tend to agree with 30 bucks for the exact dupe you want not being a bad deal. I've pulled a featured dupe one month from energon just from playing but... if you were gonna try to do that paying for energon you'd probably pay more. I'd use it on dinobot first though, unless you were able to dupe him last month :P
  • AnakinPrimeAnakinPrime Posts: 229
    edited January 2018
    euwbdzm8g1xe.png
    I did it! Rise lord Megatron! :-)
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited January 2018
    G1 Megatron's need to dupe is next to UM. Buff stealing doesn't add to the fight, it only gets you more distracted.
  • G1 Megatron's need to dupe is next to UM. Buff stealing doesn't add to the fight, it only gets you more distracted.
    What are you talking about? Megatron’s signature is really good and does add to the fight. Especially if the opponent gets a lot of buffs.
    G1 Megatron's need to dupe is next to UM. Buff stealing doesn't add to the fight, it only gets you more distracted.
    What are you talking about? Megatron’s signature is really good and does add to the fight. Especially if the opponent gets a lot of buffs.

Maybe it's just me. I like simple bots with whom I can concentrate on doing output, without worrying about flashing icons, timers, randomly triggered abilities, etc. I literally shouted out 'fuse that damn debuff please!' when I was desperately launching those precious 3 cannon shots and seeing them dodged... then went back to my old school hack&slash og prime.

Maybe it's just me. I like simple bots with whom I can concentrate on doing output, without worrying about flashing icons, timers, randomly triggered abilities, etc. I literally shouted out 'fuse that damn debuff please!' when I was desperately launching those precious 3 cannon shots and seeing them dodged... then went back to my old school hack&slash og prime.

Sure, but that’s just a skill ceiling you’re hitting. Once you move up a super sayan level a whole other world opens.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479

You also refresh the debuffs with each medium combo which gives you more time. Megatron is meant for long fights and may be one of the best now. Having the buff steal is even better. Sometimes they do evadelike crazy but their are certain times heavies land easier. He’s definitely top tier and situationally may be one of the best.
  • Yeah buff steal is pretty amazing. Managing to take on Ratchet on the Healing Mod, which can be particularity annoying, Megs actually stole the buff. Which then made the fight even and fun.
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Can he steal buffs by nodes? I guess not, that would make him insane but who knows.

Even though his sig abilitie is really useful against a lot of bots who rely on buffs.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Crazily enough, he excels against most of the demo bots currently in the game with his sig active.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    The thing about Megatron is... His Sig requires you to do absolutely nothing out of the ordinary to steal buffs, at all... Just connect with melee hits and you have a chance to steal one every time you land.

Just fight. That's all. No distractions.
  • Manthro wrote: »
    The thing about Megatron is... His Sig requires you to do absolutely nothing out of the ordinary to steal buffs, at all... Just connect with melee hits and you have a chance to steal one every time you land.

Agreed! I’m feeling really good about my decision to take him to R5/5. Also awakening him.
  • Manthro wrote: »

Except that the opponent has to have a fused debuff first. So you actually have to land a special, then land a heavy in the next 10 seconds, and then yes... melee attacks have a 20% chance to steal a buff (for 5 seconds). Unless I'm bugged though, he doesn't stack his debuffs (he can only fuse one of any type, but beyond that they don't stack for me either). I am not saying he sucks, I'm definitely saying he's massively overrated currently. You can do very impressive things in kind of niche circumstances, and especially in a long fight (a permanent shock with lengthy opportunities to steal buffs is cool, if it happens to be a bot with a heal AND lots of buffs) but... I still say he's not even top tier tactician right now. Now... it's fairly likely that a given player will b likely to have an unduped megatron than other choices, given that he is a featured bot this month (so everybody who has played a decent amount has the option, no luck of the draw involved... I've got lots of 4*s myself, but I've never drawn an OG or a scream for an option for example).

But... you probably are just as likely to have a Dinobot, and I gotta tell you... Megatron vs. Dinobot singly may be a decent comparison, but Dinobot is MUCH MUCH better if you happen to have Windblade (already arguably top in game not even with swordmaster) and Drift too. The sig is more impressive (most the time, special circumstances like a monster buffed heal notwithstanding) too... almost the same chance (15%) to be unblockable on basic attacks as Megatron has to steal a buff on basic attack (If you are using dinobot with any brain activity at all, the opponent definitely has an armor break active :P). It's the swordmaster synergy though... nothing says sick like dropping a 2k BASIC attack to start a combo, then seeing it proc again for a 6k S1 (much less an S2 that goes off). With 3 bots, not just one. And that's not necessarily a standard thing, but it ain't rare, and neither is a general swordmaster proc. Megatron can't touch that for burst (he can't anyway even without the synergy, given he can only put on one armor break where dinobot piles them on, but it's not even a conversation piece when the synergy is involved). So... I dunno, he is kinda like when Loki came out as buff stealer in that other game... you wish you had him in several situations, but for 80% of total situations there's a better option.... and most people who have Megatron for an option also have Dinobot for an option, even if like me you aren't lucky drawing any tacticians. I would only do Megatron if I didn't have scream , didn't have OG Optimus, AND didn't have windblade/drift. The best in game talk, I wouldn't listen to that much and spend 30 bucks based on it just cause you probably DO have a Megatron.... swordmaster bots that you don't have duped is way I'd go.
  • Can I get a TL;DR?
  • xxerexxxxerexx Posts: 96
    @Supraliminal the debuffs do stack. I.e. a fused armor and then land another s1 and a stack count appears with one ticking down.

The swordmaster synergy is crazy though, even if he just sits in party to buff windblade.
  • HalloweendmHalloweendm Posts: 395
    edited January 2018
    I've got both a 4* Megatron and Dinobot (both currently at R3/30, about to upgrade 1 to r4) and I got the Awakening program for Tactician. I've just been up in the air about whether to use it on Megs or Dino. I've also got a 4* Windblade, not-awakened, so Dino could pair nicely with her. But I'm not entirely sold on Dinobot even though he's one of my favorite characters and I love playing him, especially because he fights like a fencer, but I literally have a blast with Megatron also and love watching his specials go off.

Its just hard to make up my mind. Any input would be great. Supraliminal made some great points about Dinobot, but I'm still on the fence.

As far as the OP, I'd say its a good deal. I've got a total of 10 of the 4* bots, and I was super duper lucky to get Ironhide and Bonecrusher duped. The rest of my 4* have been bots I don't much care for or like to use, except Windblade who is pretty fun too, so I'm fairly certain my odds of not getting a bot I like duped are far worse than getting another 4* I don't like or getting one I don't like duped.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    I've got both a 4* Megatron and Dinobot (both currently at R3/30, about to upgrade 1 to r4) and I got the Awakening program for Tactician. I've just been up in the air about whether to use it on Megs or Dino. I've also got a 4* Windblade, not-awakened, so Dino could pair nicely with her. But I'm not entirely sold on Dinobot even though he's one of my favorite characters and I love playing him, especially because he fights like a fencer, but I literally have a blast with Megatron also and love watching his specials go off.

Its just hard to make up my mind. Any input would be great. Supraliminal made some great points about Dinobot, but I'm still on the fence.

As far as the OP, I'd say its a good deal. I've got a total of 10 of the 4* bots, and I was super duper lucky to get Ironhide and Bonecrusher duped. The rest of my 4* have been bots I don't much care for or like to use, except Windblade who is pretty fun too, so I'm fairly certain my odds of not getting a bot I like duped are far worse than getting another 4* I don't like or getting one I don't like duped.

In my opinion, if you had to choose which tactician to use an awakening program on between those two, I'd say Megatron... But the truth is, neither one REALLY needs to be awakened at all.

Dinobots' Sig ability isn't a requirement to make him useful like Grimlock, and neither is Megatrons, BUT... Megatron has far more utility and will help you conquer the hardest game modes such as ROK and expert spotlight, which gives him the nod to be awakened over Dinobot.

Simple reason... Dinobot gets enough out of the swordmaster synergies to make his Sig a complete afterthought, whereas Megatron is a one man army if awakened and utilized correctly in lengthy battles.

Having said all that... The tactician that currently needs his Sig active the most is Starscream. If you have a 4* Scream and he's not duped, that's the guy you want to use an awakening on, without question.

• I've got a 3* Starscream with his sig ability currently at level 53 and his chance to nullify is sitting around 62%. I enjoy playing with him too--coincidentally, my first Transformers toy when I was a kid--but right now I'm getting along enough in the game that the AI bots within 500 power score of him can sidestep 2-3 times before I get off more than 1 shot at a time. I'm sure there's plenty of room for improvement, but I do get frustrated and burned out at times when I'm constantly getting outplayed with him.

I'd love to have a 4* Screamer, but my luck with 4* the past few months seems to be only with new bots (Dinobot and Megatron). The Awakening thing has been kinda burning a hole in my pocket, so to speak, and I'd be happy using it on Megs or Dino, but now that you mention it, I may hold off a bit and shoot for a 4* Starscream over the next month or so.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    good.. but one day it will decrease in value so much it will have the same price as a 3* awakening gem.
    this will happen when more 5* bots hit the game.
    I thought it over about Dinobot and G1 Megatron. Well... I agree both a top tier bots and in a equal rating arena fight, either can stick to S1 armor break ability to end it quickly. For a lengthy one, though, Megatron has more tricks in the sleeve. And I agree that Meg's buff stealing is easy to proc comparing to Starscream. I mean, even it doesn't proc, a 5 combo landed is still better than 1 ranged shot both in damage and follow-ups. Unduped Dinobot can always try heavy if normals are blocked.
    I've got a 3* Starscream with his sig ability currently at level 53 and his chance to nullify is sitting around 62%. I enjoy playing with him too--coincidentally, my first Transformers toy when I was a kid--but right now I'm getting along enough in the game that the AI bots within 500 power score of him can sidestep 2-3 times before I get off more than 1 shot at a time. I'm sure there's plenty of room for improvement, but I do get frustrated and burned out at times when I'm constantly getting outplayed with him.

I'd love to have a 4* Screamer, but my luck with 4* the past few months seems to be only with new bots (Dinobot and Megatron). The Awakening thing has been kinda burning a hole in my pocket, so to speak, and I'd be happy using it on Megs or Dino, but now that you mention it, I may hold off a bit and shoot for a 4* Starscream over the next month or so.

Never shoot more than twice in rapid succession. The third one locks you down just long enough for enemy to counter if they sidestepped. But that goes both ways! Side step their first shot, and if 2 more follow, shoot shoot dash combo back-off. Works every time.