Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Fix Arena

Can you please fix all the grinding required to get Arena Rewards. If not please rename it to Farming. There nothing challenging or engaging about Arena's in it current state. It currently setup that a player skill matter less than a player dedication to grind Experience for his bot team and dedication to check the game every x hours to continue Arena..

I have done every arena since the start of the game and just seeing the same mistake MCOC had with a solution already in the game. Why is arenas not hard limited to x amount of tries like Raids? At it core to get to the top in arena you are basically just playing more than anyone else and have bots with more experience than anyone else. Right now to do 3 star arena it takes me 30 minutes to go through all my bots. Please tell me in a mobile game how that is acceptable?

Lets expand this is not a once a day 30 minutes this is every 1h and 30 minutes I must spend 20 to 30 minutes playing Arena just to hope to get in the top 50. I am going on 50+ streaks and I have to dedicate that much time why? As the game progresses and gets new bots the time required to clear all your bots will slowly take longer where it would be very realistic that you would spend 30 to 45 minutes playing arena to have your first set of bots refresh in 15 to 30 minutes after you finished your last. 10 sets of 3 takes roughly 20 to 30 mintues 20 sets of 3 would take 40 to 50 maybe even 60.. It might even be required to play all your sets to even make it to the top. How is that even acceptable?

Your rewards and milestones in fact support this style of play it does not matter if you go 50+ streaks that will not get you to the last reward. You will need roughly 90+ win streak with almost no bot losses thats 270+ arena matches and if each one takes 1 minute 270 minutes just to get to the last arena. That 4.5 hours of pure arena play time in ONE arena double that if you wanna do both so 9 hours also that does not mean you will get in the top 50 or top 5.. So, in 3 days you are realistically asking someone to play your game in just arena to get top reward 12 to 20+ hours if they choose to do multiple arenas... Lets not take into account all the grinding required to level the bots to make them arena qualified or alliance mission or raiding... So, if we expand this to a week it 30 to 50 hours... WHY?

I would appreciate a detailed response why it was designed this way. Because Raids Do Not Have This Issue to this extreme, Alliance Missions Do Not Have This Issue to this extreme. In fact if you only had 5 energy that took 1 hour to gain for arena for each that would instantly resolve most of the grinding and not become a game of how many bots do you have and how long are you going to play per a day. That hard locks each arena to 77 Streak and makes it reasonable for the top to actually be a fight and a challenge for you to get number 1 and not a insane time sink.

Comments

• I agree it needs some tweaking.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    edited April 2017
    This will never change as in whomever puts in most time will always get top, as well they added extra ai difficulty after streak because people complained no skill, well guess what people complain it's too hard now. Milestones for bot? Then everyone would have them what incentive is that. And if it's on a timer like raids it won't be any better because people will still spend energon to refresh and still out grind everyone. As I told people in mcoc that complained about it unless someone comes up with a feasibl idea and presents to them that makes them same money arenas do currently then by all means bring it up but arenas are good for in game currency and good for kabam wallets

They did extend refresh timers on the 3* and 4* so actually it does technically make it a little less of grind
  • "if it's on a timer like raids it won't be any better because people will still spend energon to refresh and still out grind everyone" Why is that bad? If they are spending 20 energon a pop it get on new ticket that great for kabaam wallets I never said milestones for bots, I said milestones are 100% supporting this grind mindset.

PPL do not even need to spend energon in arenas to reach the top currently you just need enough bots that can go infinite. In fact by putting it on a limited pool that requires energon to go beyond they would make more money. Energon now becomes a resource that has more reason to be spent in arena and you would not get screwed out by someone who played arena 24/7... In both cases my solution gets them more money and removes the time/grind sink.

The issue is your forced to play in a extended period of time with no breaks to min and max effectively. The issue is not ppl spending energon to get ahead. It not even feasible for someone to constantly spend energon to win. A person should not be required to play a mobile game 40 hours a week in one mode to have a chance to reach the 1% with almost no skill coming into play. My solution would effectively earn them considerable more money in arena by energon refreshes and lower the overall time sink required by players by easily 10 to 20 hours a week.
  • it currently possible to go roughly 300+ arena streak if you took no breaks and if missed no cooldown for the 3 star arena that impossible for most ppl to overcome and is just a insane and unreasonable grind that allowed... Mine caps that to 77 if it was 5 energy on a 1 hour timer per arena without spending any energon. If I can go on a 300+ streak why do I need to spend energon? You don't! That just if you have 10 teams in the future that spree could be 600 if they add 30 new bots and a 300 spree only requires you to paly half that time... It to stop that insanity and make arenas actually not a bs grind and require thought. Putting forward your 5 best teams leveling them up finding that perfect bot to swap in.. Allows ppl the ability to forge bots... It all-around better.
    If you think people don't spend energon in arena for top your wrong half the 4* have went to my guys in first two arenas and they spent and we got a lot of 3* as well and we spent energon to be top 50 as well and we have max teams and where is your math coming from for 308 streak? 72 hours divided by 2 hour cool down x Max of 6 teams = 216 if you don't sleep for 72 hours. Either way keep assuming the top spots don't spend energon it's all a conspiracy and how does your idea make kabam money?
  • Your wrong it not a max of 6 anymore 1 and 2 got pushed together which becomes 6 plus 6 for 12 and i never said it was a conspiracy, I think you just do not wanna remove the time required to grind... Every comment you made 100% suggest that. I never claimed they did not spend energon, but you can reach the top by not sleeping and will have more success than spending energon and that is a fact currently. I am saying if you remove this dumb timer per individual bots and allow anyone to play when they have free time it stops feeling like a grind.

If you choose to do all 5 of your matches at once and wait 5 hours for a refill vs if I choose to do 3 than 2 in a hour we still have the same effective. Where as if I take a break period during the full cycle of 1 and 2 stars I will loss out significantly.

I am 100% convinced you wanna keep this because you benefit from it some how. Everything I said was to and does remove the requirement of me having to sit and play 20 minutes straight in arena that will continue to grow as more bots are added and I currently have 10 teams I have to cycle through in 3 star arenas.

If there a hard limit you will spend energon to reach the top because you having 100000 bots does not help you anymore it your success in the arena that matters and you will wanna push that streak, you will be encouraged to spend 100 200 500 energon to push your streak to 100+ vs spending it on crystals or abusing your sheer amount of bots and timers associated with them for the arena.

Heck even if it is 216 streak and you remove one stars that still insane and no amount of energon spent will allow you to catch up if you were not doing it. if someone played 16 to 18 hours and you played 12 hours day and was spending energon you would almost have to spend 200 to 300.

Infact lets go with your 216 number you need to have almost a 90+ win streak to reach the last milestone with no losses of individual matches thats means you have to play with a full 6 bot team checking every 2 hours for 12 3 days almost please tell me how that reasonable good sir.
    Skill events exist such as prime event.
    arenas are for time and effort.

No one ever stated you have to run arenas or win prizes from arenas ect or how many you want to run, but obviously you don't value someone grinding their ass off to win something as any feat. You don't need to get a feature to be competitive in top alliances or top anything other than arena.
  • MootMoot Posts: 52
    Long post you got there hunter. Can you sum up your points, pros vs cons for readability.
  • 1Pharaoh1Pharaoh Posts: 36
    edited April 2017
    I'm trying to understand you Hunter. You want the same rewards other players play hard to achieve from arena without putting in as much effort?
  • Mustangjon wrote: »
    Skill events exist such as prime event.
    arenas are for time and effort.

No one ever stated you have to run arenas or win prizes from arenas ect or how many you want to run, but obviously you don't value someone grinding their ass off to win something as any feat. You don't need to get a feature to be competitive in top alliances or top anything other than arena.

See I just wanted you to own up to it. You do not want arena's to change because you have time which allows you the ability to grind and have success. It not about Kabaam making money anymore it about what benefits you. To be in a top alliance you HAVE to do ARENAS... Arenas are not optional part like you suggest.

If arenas became similar to raids and alliance mission they still are a grind and a feat or time and effort. It just stops individuals from having to sit and play a game for a constant 20 minutes straight that is a mobile game. This has zero benefit in a mobile game and deters ppl from playing arena. This directly effects ppl wanting to play arena. PPL will not play arena after the first few times once they realize the grind it just not worth it for most ppl.

But guess what those ppl who choose not to do Arenas will have a terrible experience with this game. Because EVENTS, QUESTS, STORY, RAIDS everything benefits from your success in Arena. God help you if you are unlucky and do not get 3 or 4 stars from crystals. Cause Events and Quest won't help you get that many new 3 stars and if your not doing arenas do not expect to rank high in those alliance quests. But lets look if you are getting in the top 1% in the 3 star arena 3 Stars every week which than allows you better success in raids, arenas, story, and prime events.. It like this entire game built of your success in arenas.
    Moot wrote: »
    Long post you got there hunter. Can you sum up your points, pros vs cons for readability.

As Arena stands now your are forced into long periods of time where you are forced to play the game that will continue to increase as more bots are added. The window you cannot play the game will continue to shrink. My solution is to make Arena similar to raids and alliance mission where you have a finite amount of times you can play arena before it recharged again. This allows you to do just 1 arena match and have 1 hour of time for you to do other stuff before you are negatively effected for not playing again.. Where currently if you stop in the middle of cycling your bots it has negative consequences.
    1Pharaoh wrote: »
    I'm trying to understand. You want the same rewards other players play hard to achieve from arena without putting in as much effort?

You do realize I reached and continue to reach the top 1% right? What am I seeking I am already getting those rewards? I am asking them to make a system that does not penalize ppl for wanting to play a mobile game like a mobile game. To invest time in small spurts vs being forced to play a mobile game for 20+ minutes per arena
    edited April 2017
    So less effort more rewards gotcha... I have no more to add that is constructive since I "owned" up to something apparently

Next thing you will want am to be shorter and give more rewards because you can't log in multiple times a day because it's a "mobile game"

• HHunterOGHHunterOG Posts: 7
    edited April 2017
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    So less effort more rewards gotcha... I have no more to add that is constructive since I "owned" up to something apparently

Next thing you will want am to be shorter and give more rewards because you can't log in multiple times a day because it's a "mobile game"

Whats less effort for god sake they could make it where you have a set limit for that day and could play them all at once and it could be 72 series for the 3 star arena and it does not reset till the next day. It still has the same solution and does not negatively effect ppl who cannot play a mobile game for 15+ minutes in a sitting. It still a ton of time you have to invest and most ppl would not invest that much but stop giving ppl some weird advantage cause they can play a game 15 to 30 minutes straight every 1h and 30m hours..
    In fact your time argument goes out the window with that change and still does exactly what I been saying. Your criticism is self serving that why you do not wish for it to change my change would directly benefit the entire community and encourage and enable ppl to play arena and spend energon in it.

Where did I say logging in is the issue... I never had issue with AM and it does not ahve the same issue as Arena or any... I CAN LOG IN AND MOVE and have 1 hour to do something and it never takes more than 5 minutes to progress in it arena takes 10 to 15 to 20 minutes sometimes.. PER ARENA
  • Without trying to get into the middle of long winded ideas....I kinda agree with him here; however all the games I play have you grind your way through arenas, this game being no different.

Your points are very relevant and valid however; from a time devotion stand point. Other than that, I think that the time grind is one of the few opportunities players with "lesser" bots can achieve similar results.

Don't pick that apart its not meant to infuriate, just stating from my perspective, starting late and taking the time to devote to arena all day on a weekend gives me results, considering i cannot achieve these 300+ win streaks you speak of let alone 8 currently, I do enjoy the rewards I get from the time I grind away.

Congrats on your 1% consistency, and your right, when more bots released, the time grind will be very real. As a gamer with a severe addiction though, all that means to me is I can play more with less wait.

2 sides to the coin. Take care people.

• FilvasFilvas Posts: 9
    edited April 2017
    Okey, all these posts are really long, so correct me if I have misunderstood anything

Current problem:
    * You can only play a bot once, then you have to wait.
    * If you can't play again as soon as possible again or not play all bots at once, then you lose time
    * If two people both can play equal amounts of time, but one can conveniently play in sync with the cool down and the other in a long sessions.
    * The player that can do short breaks now benefit despite that both want to put a equally much time into it for no other reason than luck with their schedule

Solution:
    * Make the arena so that each bot have 5/5 matches or similar energy system like Raids and missions
    * People will now have better control over how they can play the game while still allowing those who put more time in to gain more
    * The problem above is now smaller because the payer who can do longer sessions and the short multiple session player can put in more equal amount of time regardless of schedule
    edited April 2017
    And this arena ticket solution fixes what? People will still use energon refresh and still get the top prizes and those that do not will still be left out.

And then you will say refreshes not allowed then people spend no money on arena and does kabam no good either

Do you think as a whole the top of raid leaderboard is slowed down by 3 raids? No they refresh with energon
  • ShadowboundShadowbound Posts: 55
    edited April 2017
    Here i wrote this whole thing, and realized what you really said and had to delete :( .....each individual bot would have 5 tickets to use at the player discretion.

Don't see it working for me personally, but one opinion doesn't matter. Interesting idea, not the status quo, pry wouldn't fly.

Cool concept though.

The real problem i see with these ticket ideas is simple, it takes the structure that the arena rewards are in and dismantles it. (New development costs money, scrapped arena loses money. lose/lose)

The original intent of his post as i understood it, was not to have to spend lots of time on one portion of the game (Arena), and that that portion of the game be based on skill as opposed to grind methodology. (Winstreak)

My understanding is he would like an arena that is based on who wins the most matches with the most rounds won, given a limited pool of opportunity. That all make sense; until you throw in energon, now it is not a test of skill any longer.

Example: (Using none of the current data from this post.)

10 battles 3 fights a piece
    2 players each score perfect.
    1 player buys three more other player does not.
    Now a contest of money...not skill which was the original intent of the argument; again as I understood it.

edited April 2017
    And this arena ticket solution fixes what? People will still use energon refresh and still get the top prizes and those that do not will still be left out.

And then you will say refreshes not allowed then people spend no money on arena and does kabam no good either

Do you think as a whole the top of raid leaderboard is slowed down by 3 raids? No they refresh with energon

Relax, I'm not trying to be hostile, sorry if I came of as such. I'm just trying to understand what OP is trying to convey. I haven't even formed an opinion because I'm not sure what his/her argument is. Also I support energon refreshes because it keeps the game running...

Wouldn't the current system also affect P2P players unfairly as some will have to spend more to be competitive... Oh I think I understand why it is constructed like this now as I'm typing it. Since it seem to actually be about game revenue I will be completely indifferent to the whole matter as I know nothing about such things.
    Simplest solution but once again will make others claim unfair as well back to the pleasing everyone

Difficulty goes up every fight no magic streak number and multiplier goes up everytime until you lose and start streak over but that would be even more tedious and frustrating than grinding to me. So those that can fight best get higher multipliers and those that can refill or more bots can fight more
    edited April 2017
    Simplest solution but once again will make others claim unfair as well back to the pleasing everyone

Difficulty goes up every fight no magic streak number and multiplier goes up everytime until you lose and start streak over but that would be even more tedious and frustrating than grinding to me. So those that can fight best get higher multipliers and those that can refill or more bots can fight more

Yea, infinite multiplier would suck because it encourage cheating. There would be no way to differentiate between a legit 100+ streak and a cheating 100+ without a lot of extra time and money.

People would have a less credibility complaining about unfairness though if the time constrains was more flexible. Well, i'm off this thread as I have nothing more of value to add.
  • HHunterOGHHunterOG Posts: 7
    Filvas wrote: »
    Okey, all these posts are really long, so correct me if I have misunderstood anything

Current problem:
    * You can only play a bot once, then you have to wait.
    * If you can't play again as soon as possible again or not play all bots at once, then you lose time
    * If two people both can play equal amounts of time, but one can conveniently play in sync with the cool down and the other in a long sessions.
    * The player that can do short breaks now benefit despite that both want to put a equally much time into it for no other reason than luck with their schedule

Solution:
    * Make the arena so that each bot have 5/5 matches or similar energy system like Raids and missions
    * People will now have better control over how they can play the game while still allowing those who put more time in to gain more
    * The problem above is now smaller because the payer who can do longer sessions and the short multiple session player can put in more equal amount of time regardless of schedule

100% Accurate to what I was saying

Expect it not really about short breaks anymore as the game progresses and gets more bots, it effectively becomes a strangle hold on how much you have to play and continue to play in just one mode. Eventually at 60 to 90 bots you would be playing the 3* star arena for 30 minutes plus to just effectively utilize your timers.

I effectively wanna stop this from happening and create the same amount of small time syncs raiding or alliance missions require which is between 5 to 15 minutes every 2 to 3 hours with the ability to just spend one ticket and come back in a hour if you only have a smaller window but more windows... Vs now if you only could play 2 series every 30 minutes you would be behind the person who could play 10 series every 2 hours, which gets significantly worse as more bots are added and if that person that was clearing every 2 hours was doing a complete clear while the other person was hard locked to 2 to 3 clears.

Spending on the game was never the issue, refreshing of tickets is not a issue. It basically as the game progress the amount of time you have to put into a single element with no breaks becomes extremely unreasonable. It not a smoke break or a small chunk of time it 20+ minutes of time you have to invest to effectively move up the arena board every x hours to properly progress. Vs in raids or alliance missions you can take a break for 3 to 5 hours after playing 5 to 10 minutes before you get negatively effected..

If someone wants to spend energon on tickets that wonderful you just set the price to a point where by hitting all the milestones you could do it twice and after that your using your reserves.