Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

[SPARK ACADEMY] SHARD CALCULATION FORMULAS for BOT & SHARKS generated from FORGING

So the FORMULA for (Normal) BOT SHARDS hasn't changed since I figured it out last April, I'm going to post it here now that everyone is asking about SHARK SHARDS because the calculations are different (and 'technically' Sharks 'might' only be around for 1 week).

One thing that has remained consistent in both cases is that the formulas are the same regardless of Source Bot TIER so whether a 2* and 3* is sacrificed into the FORGE, it will generate the SAME NUMBER of 3* and 4* SHARDS respectively.

One thing that is noticeably different and important to note, however, is the number of additional shards each higher Rank gives you. Each additional Level (Both Bots & Sharks) continues to give just 1 additional shard, but each Rank jump in a 2* Shark gives you an additional 100 shards vs. a 2* Bot which gives only up to 5 shards for ranking up.

So here are the formulas and my takeaway conclusions in a post afterwards.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BOT SHARDS = [RANK SHARDS] + LEVEL + DUPES(x55)
-OR-
BOT SHARDS = [RANK SHARDS] + LEVEL + SIG(x11)

RANK [1] = 20
RANK [2] = 30
RANK [3] = 55
RANK [4] = 95
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SHARK SHARDS = 300 + RANK(x100) + LEVEL + DUPES(x400)
-OR-
SHARK SHARDS = 300 + RANK(x100) + LEVEL + SIG(x80)

Comments

• JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Awesome. Thanks @Traminator

Do you have any info on the forge XP that the sharks give?
  • Yeah don’t invest on ranking sharks, they give so much naturally, not much diff if invested
  • https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/4067/spark-academy-secret-of-the-sharkticons-read-b4-opening-your-3-shark-crystal-calendar-reward#latest

@JKL I started a new discussion specifically on the Forge Points from SHARKS in light of the 3* Shark Crystal everyone just received from Calendar rewards.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Bumping this only because it's shark week again.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    edited March 2019
    Traminator wrote: »

-OR-

Seems like there are 200 shards missing from this equation somewhere. Maybe instead of 300 +, it jumps to 500 + because it is a 4*? Does anyone have any real forging data from a 4* to confirm?
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    @Bi1b0Baggins
    I once had a 1700PI+ tech shark. Duped.
    Was told that forging into a 5* would instantly grant enough shards for a brand new 4*.

No.

I got back 1730 shards.

The guy forgot to tell me to level up his signature.
    I was a 2 month noob and absolutely livid
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    @Bi1b0Baggins
    I once had a 1700PI+ tech shark. Duped.
    Was told that forging into a 5* would instantly grant enough shards for a brand new 4*.

No.

I got back 1730 shards.

The guy forgot to tell me to level up his signature.
    I was a 2 month noob and absolutely livid

Cool story, but I'm specifically looking for 5* shark shard data. Lol.

giphy.gif
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Traminator wrote: »

-OR-

Seems like there are 200 shards missing from this equation somewhere. Maybe instead of 300 +, it jumps to 500 + because it is a 4*? Does anyone have any real forging data from a 4* to confirm?
    yes, 300 for r1-r3 but 600 and 1100 for r4 and r5. Here's a corrected calculator:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ofBE3qO1o1pURdo2MtGokIZ2KfCdWs698tfI8LIlsgg/edit?usp=sharing
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    Nice work. Why do they have to make it so complicated
  • The_53rdThe_53rd Posts: 49
    It’s a pity the shards aren’t multiplied by 5 for 5* shards like they are for regular bots ☹️