Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

General Tip Thread

SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
edited February 2018 in General Discussion
Just figured I'd make a general thread where you can share your hard fought gameplay tips. Or learn from others wisdom.

A few to get things going...

- OG prime s3 attack ignored damage reduction in AM such as electro 75% damage reduction on left hand side map 3. He can pretty much one shot his way through that lane if you only use S3 attacks.
- when fighting a duped Motormaster, you always want to back load your damage. Again try to save up a for a heavy hitting s2 or s3. The less time with 4x damage boost the better.
- speaking of Motormaster, Ultra Magnus owns him with his nullify
- speaking again of Motormaster, a duped Motormaster + Nightbird is hands down the best final boss for raid defense.
- Harm Accelerator and BC seems like a great combo, but given almost everyone uses MV1 or Grim, it's actually a free kill. Doesn't seem intuitive but Windblade is a MUCH better choice for your HA
- starting a fight against energon shield might as well start pounding away anyways. Yes you'll heal him but he's 100% anyways, so might as well get the power gain working.
- mathematically opening 5x or 10x arena chips ( and theoretically quest chips ) gives better rewards. It shouldn't, but it does.
- even if you don't care about raid defense, you want to get higher ranked bots on defense ASAP. The higher rank+stars a bot, the more gold you make. Everytime I see a base with a single bot defender I weep for the lost gold

That's all that's coming to mind to start things out. Add your fav tips and hopefully we can all learn something here.

Comments

• SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    edited February 2018
    Oh, and perhaps biggest of all, and this one shocks me how often I see it...

FORGED to fight. That's the name for a reason. You really should focus on forging your alliance team. Ultimately alliance mode is the hardest content in the game (figuring your alliance team is also available for doing hard quests when needed), this should be your priority. A max forged bot is almost 50% stronger than an unforged one. It makes a massive difference. Yes, its a resource pig and hurts your ability to do arena, but once have an adequate roster of 3 or 4 stars, start forging your 2/3s into them.

EDIT-- Also, why is this in Bugs/Issues thread, I created it in general. Can a mod please move?
  • Serapth wrote: »
    - Harm Accelerator and BC seems like a great combo, but given almost everyone uses MV1 or Grim, it's actually a free kill. Doesn't seem intuitive but Windblade is a MUCH better choice for your HA

I have to disagree here slightly.

A DUPED bonecrusher works great on HA. There's a lot of people out there that kabam hasn't yet given mv1, or that second grimlock. (Voice of experience) The passive power gain debuff on bleeding targets is giant pain. And if they didn't bring a brawler along (again, not having mv1 or grim available), those passive bleeds inflict a lot of damage.

Also, if we're assuming mv1 or grim is present, windblade on HA is the same free kill. More so since she actively inflicts bleeds which power them both up.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    First rule about tips...

Don't talk about tips.

Results in fundamental changes to bot abilities and general gameplay.

I learned this lesson after detailing how you could use Primal Crit Armour to your extreme advantage with a swordmaster squad.

Less than a week later, they adjusted the interaction between the two.

Manthro wrote: »
    First rule about tips...

Don't talk about tips.

I learned this lesson after detailing how you could use Primal Crit Armour to your extreme advantage with a swordmaster squad.

Well in all fairness, that was more of a bug than anything else.

So yeah, if you’ve found an exploitable bug and you want to keep exploiting it, shhhhhhhh.

Now, had Primal been out for months that’d be a different story.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Prepare for a nerf
  • Maybe someone can clear this up for me as I hear about this from time to time.

Is there a requirement that has to be met before I can forge a bot to 100?
    Not sure if it's a tip, but I think trying to get as higher streaks in arena as possible is great way to improve. If it'll be impossible task then find the way how to fight better.

How does not forging increase the streaks in Arena. Does this have something to do with all that "sandbagging" that I see thread about?
    First rule about tips...

Don't talk about tips.

So this is turning into that whole fight club thing?

• BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    First tip don’t rely heavily on block learn to sidestep, backstep. This will help you be in better tune with anticipating bot movements and understanding when a special is coming.

Second don’t watch your health you will press and rush things an ultimately die. Wait for them to come to you, sidestep and crush them.

Third is practice. What @StreetFighter is saying take a two star with your R4/R5 team and try to win the fight. That’s what I do. It helps you understand your limits and how to improve your bots. I am talking about actual upgrades two stars..not the sandbagging of a non upgraded 1or 2 star
    Maybe someone can clear this up for me as I hear about this from time to time.

Is there a requirement that has to be met before I can forge a bot to 100?
    Not sure if it's a tip, but I think trying to get as higher streaks in arena as possible is great way to improve. If it'll be impossible task then find the way how to fight better.

How does not forging increase the streaks in Arena. Does this have something to do with all that "sandbagging" that I see thread about?
    First rule about tips...

Don't talk about tips.

So this is turning into that whole fight club thing?

You can only forge to 100 if you've already fed the same bot into the higher tier bot. Otherwise 75 is the cap.

For example if you have Ratchet 4*, to be able to forge him to 100, you have to have forged at least 1 3* ratchet into him. The same is true with 3* versions, just the feeder is a 2star in that case.

Sandbagging is just using two high level bots and a weak one in arena. This lowers your over all average level and this makes your average enemy level lower. It's useful once you have several maxed 3 or 4 star bots, as fights get easier after the 16th fight as long as you only use bots of a minimum level ( 4* r2 )
  • Serapth wrote: »
    You can only forge to 100 if you've already fed the same bot into the higher tier bot. Otherwise 75 is the cap.

For example if you have Ratchet 4*, to be able to forge him to 100, you have to have forged at least 1 3* ratchet into him. The same is true with 3* versions, just the feeder is a 2star in that case.

Awesome! Thank you for that, I already do exactly this so I'm good.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    In order NOT to miss a special combo, refrain from combo'ing a special when you're at the bottom of the arena.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    Another tip for forging is try to rank up the same bot or bots of the same class as the one you are forging into. This will yield way more experience points than say 3 star scout at r4 into a 4 star brawler.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Essential combat skills tip:

Practice backstepping when you are against the arena wall. You can avoid getting hit indefinitely if you time it right. The key is to wait just a split second longer than a normal backstep, and you'll find that opponent attacks will whiff.

The idea is, you want the backstep to happen when the attack will touch the hit box, since there is no room to create the usual amount of distance.

In high level content, this skill is absolutely crucial to avoid damage... Particularly against mods like focus frenzy.
    BOFAD wrote: »
    First tip don’t rely heavily on block learn to sidestep, backstep. This will help you be in better tune with anticipating bot movements and understanding when a special is coming.

This is absolutely critical as you get to higher and higher tier content. You simply take too much damage blocking. It's fine in one and done fights like arena, but in hard quests and AM, you ideally want to leave each fight as healthy as possible.

I would say 99% of fights, I don't block, ever. Backstep and evade; plus as Mathro just mentioned, you can backstep even when pinned against a wall. The only time I ever block are when it's beneficial to my bot (Shockwave), when I'm in arena or when I SUCK at dodging the attack. I'm look at you Prowl!