Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

"Chip Bounty" Arenas...are there no Arenas where you actually earn bots?

I am a new player to Forged to Fight, but a Contest of Champions veteran. One of the first things I was excited to do was get into the Arena grind, as that was a source of some really powerful champions for me in MCOC, not to mention a great source of premium currency & gold.

All I can enter is a 24 hour "Chip Bounty" Arena. I don't mind grinding at all, but the Milestone rewards seem pretty terrible. I'm barely earning Arena crystals, and I feel like earning enough Hound Chips to even buy & dupe a 3* version is a monumental task when I'm earning a couple hundred per milestone.

Am I just too low level to unlock Arenas like Contest of Champions has? Or do they not exist? If they do exist, is there a beginner/intermediate bracket like in MCOC, or will I just be thrown to the wolves w/ everyone else who has been playing longer?
Tagged:

Comments

• MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Bot arenas are a thing of the past now, we used to have two arenas, a 3star and 4star arena, where we would compete for that bot to join your roster, however only the top 5 players in the world, not region, would win the 4star and the top 50 would get the 3star, it was a huge pain because those who were willing to spend a crapton of money for energon would get the top spots, so now we have the monthly feature bot which you can garauntee yourself to get if you play all the areas where you can get bot chips, this week it’s arena.
  • MaxBebop wrote: »
    so now we have the monthly feature bot which you can garauntee yourself to get if you play all the areas where you can get bot chips, this week it’s arena.

I understand that you can buy the featured Bot with the Chips, but what do you mean by "This week it's Arena"?

• BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    edited February 2018
    This is when it changed. This explains how you get bot chips and how we switched from Featured Bot arena.

http://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/2161/announcement-big-october-update#latest

Basically we have a weekly schedule for the chips. Starts as Spotlight MIssion, followed by Bot Battle, Then Raid Ascent, then I can't remember I think its Bot Battle again.
  • Alright, that post helped clarify a lot of things, thank you for posting the link.

I guess really the only thing I still have yet to really get a handle on is Raiding, and what I keep seeing referred to as Raid Events. But it sounds like they're not always events that are happening, so I'm sure I'll run into one eventually w/ an in-game tutorial?
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    I think your have to be a certain level before raiding unlocks I can’t remember the level though. Base unlocks at 5 maybe raiding is at 10
  • Widow wrote: »
    Jodo_K wrote: »
    Alright, that post helped clarify a lot of things, thank you for posting the link.

I guess really the only thing I still have yet to really get a handle on is Raiding, and what I keep seeing referred to as Raid Events. But it sounds like they're not always events that are happening, so I'm sure I'll run into one eventually w/ an in-game tutorial?

Raid events are usually a week long alliance event that only happens once per month. During that event, you are able to gain chips for whatever the monthly bot is. This past week you earned them from AM completion and milestones. Next week you won’t get them from there, but can earn up chips for every raid you do.

Right on.