Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Upcoming Bot and Mod Changes Discussion Thread

Hey Commanders,

We have our first round of Bot and Mod updates coming with our 1.1 Update. We've also included why we will be doing these from time to time in the thread. Take a look at the list, and let us know what you think!

http://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/579/upcoming-bot-and-mod-changes

Comments

• MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    So assuming patch coming after maintenance tomorrow?
  • Mustangjon wrote: »
    So assuming patch coming after maintenance tomorrow?

We'll have more information on exactly when it will be out (and patch notes) tomorrow morning. We're actually aiming to get it out before that!
  • Alkaiser_93Alkaiser_93 Posts: 249
    edited May 2017
    I have a detailed list for every playable bot and my thoughts about what devs should change about them here: http://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/285/provide-your-thoughts-on-current-playable-bots. I suggest you to read this before so you'll understand changes I suggest to the team.

I know I'm missing both Tech and Demolition-classes but I'm still working with those.

Optimus:
    - Fix SP1's earthqueake animation.
    Ultra Mags:
    - Give him more offensive abilities.
    - Fix winning animation.
    Bumblebee:
    - Slightly reduce SP2's corner carry and speed animation.

MV1 Optimus:
    - Fix SP1's range animation and Willpower's "... and convert them to 0% power" text.
    Motormaster:
    - Remove sword-fighting style and replace it with a "punch and kicks" fighting-style.
    - Make his sword only useable during his SP1.
    - Fix his abilities so they'll level up everytime he ranks up.
    - Replace Heavy's generic donut animation with Bonecrusher's Heavy animation.

Bludgeon:
    - Give him back his old sig.
    - Slight buff to Stun's proc during Heavy Attacks and SP3.
    - Fix SP2's ending animation.
    Arcee:
    - Fix character model's arms. They're too long and looks like gorilla arms.
    - Give Arcee her old skillset but slightly reduce the numbers on them to keep it balanced
    - Reduce Crit Power Gain % and add reduced Power Gain from normal melee, ranged and Heavy.
    - Make her use her beam sabers during her SP2 instead of those ugly futuristic-like machetes.
    - Give her dual handguns during ranged attacks, also add unique firing animation (like Grindor's)

Barricade:
    - Remake character model and make his mace's mechanics more source material-accurate.
    - Remake SP1 and SP2.
    Windblade:
    - Slight buff to Bleed, Armor Pierce and Stun's proc.
    Sideswipe:
    - Fix character model by placing his missile launcher on the right shoulder.
    - Swap SP1's name with SP2's and viceversa.

I didn't mind suggesting changes or even writing about Mods since no matter which bot and/or mod you use, 95% of the time your Defense Fails if you're raided. Although a suggestion I have it's that we should be able to use mods during Story Quests.
  • HydroclawHydroclaw Posts: 66
    Id like to add:

Windblade:
    Signature ability does not increase with sig level.

Paralyzer mod:
    Needs ai to attack during stun also.
  • Spidey076Spidey076 Posts: 222
    edited May 2017
    Arcee need to get some power.she did not generate power at normal hit also she dont have any special abilities like other bots.give her any unique ability which give her some edge.arcee become from favorite to average bot.can it possible she get her same ability as before like starbust cause fighting with her is not good as it is before.she become boring.
    2.sideswipe agility work only when he get hit by 7 time or using sp2.hitting 7 times to start agility is not a good idea.better way is give him option like dash back and hold for x times to increase agility and then after agility buff end then there is x time cooldown to again start agility.
    But i hope arcee should be fix soon i dont know did not generating power on normal hit is a bug or working as design but give her any unique ability.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Would like to see Arcee get some love, and Mixmaster needs a radical overhaul of his offensive stats.

Agree that the AI needs to respond more aggressively to stun during raids - right now all the stun mods are just forge fodder (same with mixmaster).
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    edited May 2017
    Look, im glad you guys are fixing stuff but man...that list has a lot less fixes on it than I was expecting. There is more written leading up to the changes, than there are actual changes/fixes. And then in regards to the changes - the impact of any of those changes you are making right now is so minimal, hardly anyone will see them. The Barricade buff was nice - but how many people have a Bumblebee at MAX sig level? And then the next 2 changes deal with mods?

No fixes to Arcee?

No fixes to Mixmaster?

Those are, by far, the two most complained about bots - since day 1 - and....nothing?

On top of all of that - are there ANY fixes to performance? There are several threads about devices getting very hot, the game draining battery life like crazy, or the constant crashing of the game. There are also issues with arena messing with peoples win streaks, and general in game tweaks that could be done to make the game run smoother.

I get it - you guys have a lot on your plate, and more changes are "coming soon" im sure - but, for this being a first real update, I have to say, im a little underwhelmed.
    Stitch626 wrote: »
    Look, im glad you guys are fixing stuff but man...that list has a lot less fixes on it than I was expecting. There is more written leading up to the changes, than there are actual changes/fixes. And then in regards to the changes - the impact of any of those changes you are making right now is so minimal, hardly anyone will see them. The Barricade buff was nice - but how many people have a Bumblebee at MAX sig level? And then the next 2 changes deal with mods?

No fixes to Arcee?

No fixes to Mixmaster?

Those are, by far, the two most complained about bots - since day 1 - and....nothing? I get it - you guys have a lot on your plate, and more changes are "coming soon" im sure - but, for this being a first real update, I have to say, im a little underwhelmed.

Yup i also sad cause arcee is one of the bot who playable from beta and she is much gr8 in beta but they remove his some ability like starbust and now she is a below average bot
  • SteelSHSteelSH Posts: 80
    Guys don't worry those are just the changes to bots, bugs and fixs will be listed when they release the patch update notes later today
  • DreadspectreDreadspectre Posts: 123
    I didn't even think Barricade needed any changes....so random.

People are asking for Mixmaster to actually work.

Mirage is still triggering all the same resist stacks on Ultra Magnus making him an absolute pain in the ass to kill because he's full 10 stack tank mode all the time.

Arcee feels bad.

• TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Please do something about mixmaster. He's a joke compared to other demolition bots.
    Mirage is still triggering all the same resist stacks on Ultra Magnus making him an absolute pain in the ass to kill because he's full 10 stack tank mode all the time.

What?

• DreadspectreDreadspectre Posts: 123

What?

If you fight Ultra Magnus with Mirage, you cannot keep switching his 2 armor stacks alternating melee/ranged attacks like other bots do against him.

All of Mirage's Melee AND Ranged attacks build the same buff stack on Mags, he stays at 10 stacks the entire fight.
  • Mixmaster still needs a lot of love.
  • Seeing a lot of posts about Arcee and Mixmaster here. Just so you all know, this is just the first update we're doing to the Bots and Mods. We're going to continuously look at the Bots and ensure that they will all always be relevant. So there may be updates coming for them in the future!
    edited May 2017
    Seeing a lot of posts about Arcee and Mixmaster here. Just so you all know, this is just the first update we're doing to the Bots and Mods. We're going to continuously look at the Bots and ensure that they will all always be relevant. So there may be updates coming for them in the future!
    thnx kabam for reply.hoping arcee fix soon
  • edited May 2017
    Mixmaster still needs a lot of love.

Yes he does. :smile: ... Working on it!
  • Mix Master needs a power attack damage boost
    Mixmaster still needs a lot of love.

Yes he does. :smile: ... Working on it!

So... no love for Arcee? Only Mixmaster?
    Glad to see the AI response to the Strange Refractor mod is tweaked, at least according to the notes. Haven't had a chance to observe it yet, but that mod was pure forge-fodder before. Will make sure I go up against it when I see one to test it out

And thanks for acknowledging the Arcee & Mix comments. Looking forward to them getting some love.

Right now, Mix seems calibrated to very very long battles against much tougher opponents, but only if you can avoid using ranged or heavy attacks long enough to stack the 18 buffs needed for his sp3 to do more damage than a warm cup of tea. But that takes nearly 3mins if you don't convert any buffs along the way, which is nearly impossible since ranged attacks are the main way to create openings for melee.

Honestly, he's so much harder to play effectively than any other bot that you could create a special challenge event just for Mix: give all the opponents a lazy AI but make them insanely OP. Just don't make it a speed run!

Arcee is still fun to play. She belongs in the top tier, not the forge-heap, she just needs some love to get there :)
    PS. If you're re-working Arcee, I find her sp3 animation takes just half a second too long when she's aiming the sniper. She builds up this great tempo strafing around the enemy, then sits down for lunch while she aims the gun... if the aiming time was cut in half, it would feel much more badass!
    edited May 2017
    Optimus:
    - Fix SP1's earthqueake animation.
    Ultra Mags:
    - Give him more offensive abilities.
    - Fix winning animation.
    Bumblebee:
    - Slightly reduce SP2's corner carry and speed animation.

MV1 Optimus:
    - Fix SP1's range animation and Willpower's "... and convert them to 0% power" text.
    Motormaster:
    - Remove sword-fighting style and replace it with a "punch and kicks" fighting-style.
    - Make his sword only useable during his SP1.
    - Fix his abilities so they'll level up everytime he ranks up.
    - Replace Heavy's generic donut animation with Bonecrusher's Heavy animation.

Bludgeon:
    - Give him back his old sig.
    - Slight buff to Stun's proc during Heavy Attacks and SP3.
    - Fix SP2's ending animation.
    Arcee:
    - Fix character model's arms. They're too long and looks like gorilla arms.
    - Give Arcee her old skillset but slightly reduce the numbers on them to keep it balanced
    - Reduce Crit Power Gain % and add reduced Power Gain from normal melee, ranged and Heavy.
    - Make her use her beam sabers during her SP2 instead of those ugly futuristic-like machetes.
    - Give her dual handguns during ranged attacks, also add unique firing animation (like Grindor's)

Barricade:
    - Remake character model and make his mace's mechanics more source material-accurate.
    - Remake SP1 and SP2.
    Windblade:
    - Slight buff to Bleed, Armor Pierce and Stun's proc.
    Sideswipe:
    - Fix character model by placing his missile launcher on the right shoulder.
    - Swap SP1's name with SP2's and viceversa.

I've finished my reviews for both Tech and Demolition-class, if you want to read an in-depth explanation about why I'm suggesting these changes you can read it here: https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/285/provide-your-thoughts-on-current-playable-bots#latest

Rhinox:
    - Tweak SP1's procs, and SP2's and SP3's damage and Bleed Chance %
    Mirage:
    - Increase sig buffs time usage/lifetime or activate sig buffs timer after SP's animation finishes.
    Ratchet:
    - Slightly increase the numbers on his skillset, specially/or at least the Chance % ones.
    - Buff sig's chance to proc, also SLIGHTLY increase duration.
    - Buff SP2's healing and/or Power Bar gain.
    - Make forcefield on SP2 deal just a little damage
    (it isn't on the in-depth reviews)
    - Give Shock DoT an actual in-game animation like Bleed and Burn
    (applies for every bot that deals Shock damage; it isn't on the in-depth reviews)

Waspinator:
    - Slightly increase animation speed for sidestepping, backstepping and melee combo strings.
    - Increase sig's lifegain after revive.
    - Slightly reduce Resistance Debuff's delay duration and increase Resistance Debuff duration.
    - Fix SP2's ability and rework SP3's ending animation.
    Mixmaster:
    - Rework both melee combo strings and winning pose animations.
    - Give sig's parry an actual conunterattack animation and also add an actual knockback property.
    - Tweak Acid DoT mechanics.
    - Give Acid DoT an actual in-game animation like Bleed and Burn.
    (it isn't on the in-depth reviews)
    - Fix skillset by giving more of his buff switching options avaliable at early levels/ranks.
    Ironhide:
    - Fix Missiles guaranteed Crit Chance %
    - Rework some of special's description and animations.
  • AyieeeAyieee Posts: 4
    Please release Starscream Kabam Mike.
  • Please release starscream and megatron