Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Rulers of Kaon guide

Hi all,

So, a few days back I managed to finish Rulers of Kaon. It took me plenty of preparation and practice but I eventually got there, and given there seems to be so little discussion about what is the most difficult mission in the game I figured I'd share my experiences with it and put together a little guide for anyone who wants to have a serious crack at it.

1) Bot choice

This is without a doubt the most important part of the mission. You can be the best player imaginable but if you pick the wrong bots you are going to struggle to get any traction here. My recommendation is to get the TFTF 411 Bot on Line and look at the RoK bot list before you even start (thanks Trailfire for that!) and to watch the Youtube videos by iNightSkies, they will show you how the bots behave in game.

I eventually settled on the below listing, I've included Rank (R), Level (L) and Forge level (F) as well:

4* OG Optimus Prime (R4, L40, F100, Duped)
4* Ratchet (R4, L40, F24, Duped)
4* Shockwave (R4, L40, F62, Unduped)
4* Drift (R4, L40, F43, Unduped)
4* MV1 Prime (R4, L40, F19, Duped)

I will explain the matchups and the reasoning behind my choices a bit later on in the guide. Needless to say the OG Prime/Ratchet combo is a necessity, both bots are incredible in this and I have a new appreciation for Ratchet's power. The other bots are more specific hard counters for bots that I expected to give me trouble.

Having finished the mission now, in hindsight I would've made one change to this list and swapped Drift out for my duped Grimlock, basically the matchups I expected to need Drift to counter weren't that difficult anyway.

2) Energon

99.9% of people won't be able to get through this without using revives, myself included! Having spent a couple of months beating my head against Mixmaster and Sideswipe while practicing I came to the conclusion that I should plan for 1 team revive and repair per opponent. This equates to 1 tier 1 squad revive and 5 tier 4 squad repairs for my squad (some big hitters like OG Prime weren't fully healed after this however), which is 300 energon a pop.

Given there are 12 opponents I planned for 3600 energon. I actually went and started the mission a little under at 3561 (I got impatient hoarding all that energon!). However there was one matchup I wasn't expecting to be as ridiculous as it was (looking at you Mirage!) and given I didn't have a hard counter for the matchup I ended up having to purchase another 850 to get me through.

By the end of it I had spent 3837 Energon. Is that good? I have no idea, it could be a good run or a horrible one. I have no doubt that many players could do it for less however. Either way planning for 4000 energon to be used should give you some buffer.

3) Matchups

Ok, here we get to the good bit, the fighting! Below is a list of opponents, my preferred bot to use and any notes about the matchup itself. I also categorise each opponent as one (occasionally more) of the following:

Damage: This opponent is a damage dealer, either they or their mod allows them to dish out a lot very quickly or in bursts.
Control: This opponent controls the flow of battle, forcing you to be reactive and/or change your method of approach.
Tank: This opponent prevents/reduces damage. They may not deal a lot but the fights take a long time and they will wear you down.

I also give my perceived difficulty rating, out of 10 and will give a recommended bot (usually from my list but I also include other options).

1) Mixmaster
Type:Damage
Difficulty: 8/10
Recommended Bot: Shockwave/Prowl
Mixmaster's difficulty lies solely in his burst damage and that he is so unforgiving. If you make one mistake and get tagged by a special you are done for. You need to be very mindful of his power bar to ensure that he doesn't get too close to his SP3, he can be hard to bait into a special if his power bar gets too high.

I recommend Shockwave or Prowl for this one because their SP1's both drain lots of power and will keep Mixmaster under wraps rather well.

2) Sideswipe
Type: Damage/Control
Difficulty: 6/10
Recommended Bot: Drift/Hot Rod/Bonecrusher
Sideswipe is one of those bots I expected to be harder than he actually is but he is still a tricky guy to pin down. If you have a bot capable of reducing his evade use them otherwise this fight will be long. He is easy to bait specials for so don't worry about him hitting his SP3 too much.

One thing I noticed is that if you hit him with ranged attacks while his SP2 evade buff is up he gains power at a ridiculous rate, almost as if the game registers the hits as evades. Be very wary of this. (I think it's a bug because I couldn't find any mention of it in his power set or mod description)

3) Grindor
Type: Tank
Difficulty: 3/10 (if using Armor Break, otherwise 10/10)
Recommended Bot: OG Optimus Prime
Let me start with saying you MUST use an Armor Break bot for this. If you don't Grindor will become nigh invincible after a couple of Armor buffs (only Bleed, other status effects and direct damage [Galvatron's Dark Burn etc.] will hurt him), and the buffs generated by the mod do not expire. If using OG Prime this is one of the easiest fights in RoK however, his heal synergy with Ratchet will outrun Grindor's damage easily and his SP3 will ensure that Grindor will always take some damage regardless of his Armor Buffs.

4) Starscream
Type: Damage/Control
Difficulty: 7/10
Recommended Bot: Ratchet
I underestimated Starscream. His mod is very easy to work around (his SP2 is unblockable but it's easy to avoid anyway), however his signature ability is what makes him lethal. It has an 80% chance to nullify any buff and the direct damage is huge. Screamer likes to play defensively and let his ranged attacks do their work, and he doesn't give you a lot of openings.

I used Ratchet for this one because of his reliable heal. The fight is slow but if you play it cautiously you can keep in the fight and come out on top. Be warned however that if Screamer hits you while healing it will nullify.

Tagged:

Comments

• Billups1201Billups1201 Posts: 118
    Good review. You definitely put a lot of time into this post and many players can benefit from it. I beat ROK back on Dec 1st and spent about 1750-2k energon. I made it to mirage without using any items.....then he completely wrecked my day over and over. He alone cost me a little over 1k energon. Congrats on completing it.
  • SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    Good review. You definitely put a lot of time into this post and many players can benefit from it. I beat ROK back on Dec 1st and spent about 1750-2k energon. I made it to mirage without using any items.....then he completely wrecked my day over and over. He alone cost me a little over 1k energon. Congrats on completing it.

Thanks! Sounds like you had a way better run than me, I had to revive part way through Sideswipe :smiley: Who did you use?
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    thanks a lot bro for the tips.. i'm on my way soon to ROK too.. close to forging all 5 of my bots to forge lvl 100 rank 4.

bots I'm planning to bring:
    Rachet
    OG Prime
    MV1 Prime
    Ironhide
    Prowl

after reading what you wrote it seems that IH could be replaced by a warrior bot. Hmm... still a very good and informative sharing! Appreciate you taking the time to do this!
    Davien dont worry about a Warrior you need Grimlock to help with Mirage.
    or maybe I should bring my Grimlock 4* duped.. he's rank 4 too. Hmm..
    SkBirdman wrote: »
    Davien dont worry about a Warrior you need Grimlock to help with Mirage.

Thanks.. will consider your advice appreciate it lots.
    edited March 2018
    just hoping Kabam will drop more sales for T2 mastery cores and energon.. really need more of them to help me out in ROK.

sales of potions will help too :#
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    How much damage does Bonecrusher's crit bleed deal per second? Is it possible to clear him using Ratchet?
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    Thank you so much for sharing that’s will really be helpful when I try it.
    I had been practicing the last few weeks & I managed to take down mix & ss using ratchet alone (r4-40/40-80-duped) then came grindor so I used ratchet too after 1 hour of fighting I couldn’t take down 5% of his health so I just quit playing.
  • DeePrimeDeePrime Posts: 82
    I just completed it on Tuesday and spent about 1k with most of it on mirage. I waited to get a ratchet and it took till last week lol. I used OG Prime on all fights besides bonecrusher and bled them to death.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Manthro beat me to the Primal punch. A duped Primal is a definite candidate to bring along for BC and Mirage and even Bludgeon. I don't have an r4 or r5 Primal yet, so I can't speak to duration of the fights though.

All the rest can all be done with OG and his sp3 while using Ratchet as a support bot. Bringing Mirage will also help against Mix and Demotron, but OG can also handle those guys too. A maxed out Deep Wounds mastery couldn't hurt either.

So my list would be:

OG
    Ratchet
    Primal
    Mirage
    Random support bot for OG (Soundwave, Motormaster, Grimlock, Megatron)
  • Billups1201Billups1201 Posts: 118
    edited March 2018
    SkBirdman wrote: »

Thanks! Sounds like you had a way better run than me, I had to revive part way through Sideswipe :smiley: Who did you use?

I used OG, Ratchet, IH, Mirage, and HR. I ended up only using Mirage for Mix and Mega, IH only for BC and the rest was all OG. HR had a small run against Sideswipe, but he was only rank 3 and was there just to give Mirage synergy. I don’t really count him lol

edited March 2018
    Synthwave wrote: »
    Manthro beat me to the Primal punch. A duped Primal is a definite candidate to bring along for BC and Mirage and even Bludgeon. I don't have an r4 or r5 Primal yet, so I can't speak to duration of the fights though.

All the rest can all be done with OG and his sp3 while using Ratchet as a support bot. Bringing Mirage will also help against Mix and Demotron, but OG can also handle those guys too. A maxed out Deep Wounds mastery couldn't hurt either.

So my list would be:

OG
    Ratchet
    Primal
    Mirage
    Random support bot for OG (Soundwave, Motormaster, Grimlock, Megatron)

You guys keep saying primal is good for ROK.. I wanna hear it specifically from someone that had beaten ROK using Primal without beast synergy (for instant purification effect) .. Then I will listen lol. Too much talk without results sometimes. ROK ain't like normal battles just check their PI rating and you'll get why.

edited March 2018
    Just asked a pro that completed ROK previously.. Decided to replace IH with my Bonecrusher with Deep wounds leveled up as much as possible.. It will help bring down mirage faster.
    I get where youre coming from Manthro, I agree with Primal for all matches you mention bar Mirage, he will still deal significant damage per ranged hit and Primal wont heal off the shocks. Bonecrusher and Bludgeon definitely will lose out to him.

Unfortunately my Primal wasnt an option, only rank 2 and unduped!
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Shockwave is the best for Mirage. Block the ranged attacks, hit him with shock debuff, drain his power and he wont ever get to sp1 so he wont ever get his ranged buff. That's what I did.
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Shockwave is the best for Mirage. Block the ranged attacks, hit him with shock debuff, drain his power and he wont ever get to sp1 so he wont ever get his ranged buff. That's what I did.

Shockers worked best for me too, but one mistake and youre ruined (and ranged play is not my strong suit!)
    edited March 2018
    nice didn't know you completed ROK already @Manthro ... how much energon did you spend for it? below 1-2k would be good already imo.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited March 2018
    Davien wrote: »
    nice didn't know you completed ROK already @Manthro ... how much energon did you spend for it? below 1-2k would be good already imo.

Spent about 1700 energon. Would have been less if I took UM or OG plus mirage instead of Dinobot and Rhinox.

Beast synergy isn't as effective in ROK as you think it will be, if you take advantage of Primals skillset properly.

I spent most of the energon on Grindor. Dinobot is not a great choice for him. For mirage it only took me about 350 energon, Primal did very well against him.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    @Manthro is primal signature a must for BC? I already have him at r4, but no forge level.

I was hoping to use mv1 whenever I rolled him, along with ratchet, if I ever get him...
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    that1guy wrote: »
    @Manthro is primal signature a must for BC? I already have him at r4, but no forge level.

I was hoping to use mv1 whenever I rolled him, along with ratchet, if I ever get him...

In my opinion, yes. You need Primal Sig or you won't heal off the bleeds.. and you're gonna take a lot of bleeds.
    Manthro wrote: »
    Davien wrote: »

Spent about 1700 energon. Would have been less if I took UM or OG plus mirage instead of Dinobot and Rhinox.

Beast synergy isn't as effective in ROK as you think it will be, if you take advantage of Primals skillset properly.

I spent most of the energon on Grindor. Dinobot is not a great choice for him. For mirage it only took me about 350 energon, Primal did very well against him.

nice bro not bad.. completing ROK now officially makes you a veteran of the game! congrats!

gonna attempt mine soon too. just a few masteries off and needing some energon in my stockpile before I attempt.
  • @SkBirdman Thanks man, your guide has been extremely helpfull. Just finished it up myself. Never expected me to do so but your guide has made it possible for me to pick the ideal team.

I went for a healing team, which worked perfectly. Just spent 660 because mirage is an ass. But OG Prime, MV1, Tronus, Ratch and WJ did the job!
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    rdee1vuppmqx.jpg

Megatronus made rok a easy peasy task
  • Megatronus and Wheeljack make RoK much easier for sure.

My team were I to do it again would be just like yours @Kenner1980 but with Grim instead of MV1. He'll do better against Mirage.
  • This is really good information, thank you for your research and for sharing.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    Awesome post man great job a lot of time went into this post 👍👏😁