Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Anyone else notice their device gets warmer than usual?

2»

Comments

• KOBRAKOBRA Posts: 13
    Things I cannot accomplish because of this ignored issue:
    • Play a full round of 3* and 4* arena (5 3* teams, 4 4* teams)
    • Use all my energy and raid tickets
    • Attempt an Alliance Mission fight without putting my phone down for 10 minutes to cool down first

A couple days ago I actually put my phone in the fridge for 5 minutes before taking on the Alliance Mission boss Soundwave with my last bot. I had save a 3* 3/30 Ultra Magnus for the fight and ended up only doing about 10% damage to Soundwave because my overheating phone became so laggy it was effectively unplayable.

I'm on the latest version of everything with all other apps closed with an iPhone 7 plus. That should be one of the best (if not the very best) gaming phone on the market.
  • MootMoot Posts: 52
    i tried phone in fridge, would advise against this lol. Moisture would harm your phone, best to use an icepack.

I feel your frustration, on avg i can barely finish 2 raids before the phone heats up + slideshow then eventually crashes. Thats barely 15mins of playtime smh...
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Device: iPhone 7
    OS version: 10.3.1
    Game version: 804827
    Length of time: maybe 30-45 mins
    Troubleshooting: close all apps and restart again
    Get used to playing in slow-mo
    Thank God for AppleCare+ so free replacement if phone spoils or blows up =_=
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    Seriously, some of you guys are lucky.

I'm on an iPhone 6 and I get about 2-3 minutes of gameplay before it starts Overheating.

Game sometimes crashes within seconds of even getting to the main menu.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    give us a way to reduce its graphics... will definitely fix the overheating / lag-ness in iPhone or Android.
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    @Kabam Miike:
    Any news on this? It's a month later now and the problem is still there. I really fear for the live of my phone to be honest when I continue playing this game :(
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Little addition:
    I play about the same amount of MCOC then TFTF. Battery usage last 7 days:
    - TFTF: 56%
    - MCOC: 17%

Sure, graphics are a little better on TFTF, but that 3x as much battery drained then the other game. That's a little absurd.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    I think it's very plausible that the new graphics is the cause. My phone (iPhone 6s plus) now gets very hot and even loses battery while plugged into my laptop for charging (Hate getting the 20% battery popup while fighting!).

Don't experience any crashes though, on the phone. On my iPad Mini (don't know which version, the first one with fingerprint scanner) though, the game crashes constantly...

gameversion 2.0.2, didn't really have long enough to notice anything on 2.0.0 and 2.0.1 :)

Would love a 'battery friendly' setting where there is less lighting and shading effects in the ui and backgrounds.
  • So its 2018 and im running on a iphone 7+ and still after about 10-15 min the back of my phone gets hot and the game lags a ton which sucks cause doing something like RoK is almost impossible
  • TKOTKO Posts: 246
    Demogorgon wrote: »
    So its 2018 and im running on a iphone 7+ and still after about 10-15 min the back of my phone gets hot and the game lags a ton which sucks cause doing something like RoK is almost impossible

This is never gonna get better... Its been happening since the beginning and yes, its very stressful and makes beating harder content very frustrating.
  • LirkaLirka Posts: 1
    edited April 2018
    I’d love to get an update on this. I can’t play for more than 10/15 mins before my iphone 7 goes supernova and the game just stutters and crashes if I don’t let in cool for a bit.

I do have to say that it’s only recently that it happens way faster than it used to. I’ve played the game in the summer longer than I can right now when it’s cold. So one of the most recent updates did not help at all.

I’m actually seriously worried sometimes it will damage my phone one day...
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited April 2018
    Lirka wrote: »
    I’d love to get an update on this. I can’t play for more than 10/15 mins before my iphone 7 goes supernova and the game just stutters and crashes if I don’t let in cool for a bit.

I do have to say that it’s only recently that it happens way faster than it used to. I’ve played the game in the summer longer than I can right now when it’s cold. So one of the most recent updates did not help at all.

I’m actually seriously worried sometimes it will damage my phone one day...

one of the reasons why the game is losing players fast. Devs should have make this top priority on supporting older phones.

My iPhone 8 Plus plays this game superbly well.. but cant speak the same for older devices. Can't force everyone to upgrade their phones just for a game right @Kabam Miike ? graphics options perhaps? Make the game 'look' bad aesthetically is better than losing precious players..