Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

SHOCKING NEWS!! Rhinox shield SHOCKS Primal Heavy!

SHOCKING Pun intented.

I am still shock that primal's heavy can be shocked by rhinox shield.

Here's my basis to be shocked (pun)

- primal heavy is range
- rhinox shield only shock for melee

I hope to get clarification as i believe this is bugged.

Comments

• Leader1Leader1 Posts: 36
    I always thought it was counted as melee, because spotlight hounds mod couln't reflect them back, when it clearly said it reflects ranged attacks.
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    Its not that shocking. Someone already explain about this before.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    That's why Primal's heavy benefits from his melee buffs
  • SycronIVSycronIV Posts: 7
    DonApis wrote: »

May be i had lost it but Primal's Heavy attack is at least treated strangely.
    Check this VS:

- E.M.I. Module
    > Reduces Primal's Heavy attack speed (not sure about damage), so its ranged...

- Soundwave (Reflecting/Shield)
    > Reflect incoming Ranged Attacks... but not Primal's. . . Wait something is wrong here. . .

- Rhinox (Shock/Shielding)
    > Primal get Shock... so its. . . Melee!?!

- Sideswipe
    1 When sidestepping RANGED attacks get potency;
    2 When get 7 MELEE attacks get Dodge%.
    > Against Primal's Heavy BOTH triggers!!!

Something is VERY WRONG here!!!

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited April 2018
    SycronIV wrote: »

Check this VS:

- E.M.I. Module

> Reflect incoming Ranged Attacks... but not Primal's. . . Wait something is wrong here. . .

- Sideswipe

Primals heavy attack is a ranged attack that deals melee damage. That's why it acts the way it does versus a myriad of different Bots.

I asked this exact question when Primal first came out and that is the answer I got. When you think about it it acts the way it should versus each bot considering the way it's coded
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I haven’t tried it out nor has the AI done it to me, but does Mirage and Windblade’s heavy attack avoid Primal’s heavy?
  • SycronIVSycronIV Posts: 7
    edited April 2018
    Manthro wrote: »

Check this VS:

- E.M.I. Module

- Sideswipe

Primals heavy attack is a ranged attack that deals melee damage. That's why it acts the way it does versus a myriad of different Bots.

I asked this exact question when Primal first came out and that is the answer I got. When you think about it it acts the way it should versus each bot considering the way it's coded

...Okay!!!
    So if Primal's Heavy attack is a ranged attack, as u said, please explain us why:
    ... it triggers Rhinox Shock? (That should only work on melee attacks)
    ...it triggers Sideswipe's dodging? (again only on melee attacks)
    ...it doesnt reflected by Soundwave's sonic shield? (Indeed to affect rangeds)

Some other unusual interactions works well.
    As a exemple we have Galvatron's last attack on a light/Med combo (its a Melee/Energetic attack), that triggers Rhinox shock, Sideswipe's dodge and Ultra Magnus energy resist. So no problems on it.

Try yourself.
    edited April 2018
    Manthro wrote: »

Check this VS:

- E.M.I. Module

- Sideswipe

...Okay!!!
    So if Primal's Heavy attack is a ranged attack, as u said, please explain us why:
    ... it triggers Rhinox Shock? (That should only work on melee attacks)
    ...it triggers Sideswipe's dodging? (again only on melee attacks)
    ...it doesnt reflected by Soundwave's sonic shield? (Indeed to affect rangeds)

Some other unusual interactions works well.
    As a exemple we have Galvatron's last attack on a light/Med combo (its a Melee/Energetic attack), that triggers Rhinox shock, Sideswipe's dodge and Ultra Magnus energy resist. So no problems on it.

Try yourself.

When it hits, the melee damage is what triggers Rhinox shock on shields.

Same deal with sideswipe. It's melee damage so it counts as a melee hit when it lands.

Same deal with Soundwave.

Against EMI, it can cause a miss and get slowed down since it is a ranged attack before it hits, but it cannot be resisted because it lands melee damage.

Also, do not confuse melee and ranged attacks with physical and energy attacks. Melee doesn't necessarily equal physical, and ranged isn't exclusively energy based.

As I said. It behaves differently than other heavy ranged attacks.. it's like you didn't even pay attention to what I wrote.
  • Thanks @Manthro for the explaination! Range attack with melee dmg.. now that makes sense
  • CoolAsiceCoolAsice Posts: 29
    isaiah_268 wrote: »
    Thanks @Manthro for the explaination! Range attack with melee dmg.. now that makes sense

Haha I was gonna say the same,... that's the dumbest thing I've ever read on the forum (ranged atk doing melee dmg) lol
    CoolAsice wrote: »
    isaiah_268 wrote: »
    Thanks @Manthro for the explaination! Range attack with melee dmg.. now that makes sense

Haha I was gonna say the same,... that's the dumbest thing I've ever read on the forum (ranged atk doing melee dmg) lol

I'm not a dev, I didn't code it. I'm just giving you the answer I got from them. If it wasn't against forum rules, I'd post the pm from them but I don't feel like getting a ban for no reason.