Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Alliance Missions Update (May 31 2018) Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    Yeah the evasion is a pain, but just have to play more defensive imo and I was able to take a sp1 and a combo from Cheetor before he ko'd me. We aren't doing that crazy of d level but it's not a walk in the park either.
  • Options
    TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    Davien wrote: »
    Totherkins wrote: »
    To the Cheetor discussion I was able to down him with IH. But everyone has different tough bot match ups. Like for me primal and wasp. But I just have to practice more and ease up on the raging and bitching.

Yea primal able to instantly shrug off any damage debuffs without the need of casting heavy.. Where did that skill came from?? It isn't even listed in his bot description! He suppose to have same mods as Megatron in previous Sanctum too! Intentionally making the final boss hard this way?

Lol....probably just a bug or something maybe kabam didn't mean for it to be intentional ;)
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    edited June 2018
    This new AM season [Removed by Moderation] sucks! It’s A LOT harder than the old one, even at d15, the bots’ PIs are even higher than those of d18. The paths are long and complicated.
    Yes, this does allow alliances to fully explore their AMs without needing to worry about absent players.
    This is a video of me fighting the Dinobot miniboss, this bot is a TORTURE just like what I expected. Relentless assault is almost as bad as focused frenzy, shock block is already one of the most infamous mods ever known to the community
    https://youtu.be/SvCVPfKQaAM
    Even our BG1’s boss killer with a Dinobot hated this map change, he hated Primal, he hated everything about this AM
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    SaYnT wrote: »
    I for one think the new map is awesome! Much better than the previous! Cheetor isn’t that bad, I was able to take him out with a 4* r3 hot rod. If your complaining, you need more practice reading his movements. Case in point I’m prob not doing the difficulty level you there’s are. The map is designed for more teamwork, use teamwork to take him down.

I never understood this teamwork on a boss/mini boss thing. How does that work? You can’t swap out with a teammate in the middle of a battle right? You have to get KOed for someone else to come in and that just sucks.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Dinobot... omg, he's got a frustrating combination of mods.
    Shock Block makes you dance around looking for openings like baiting dash-in, but with his blocking damage/armor break, Dinobot is always a passive coward. The more you dance, the more Relentless Assault punishes you while Conductor drains your power.
  • Options
    CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    I'm loving the new Map 3, our alliance found it easier than the old Map 3 and we don't have such a high turnover rate because our members are better able to contribute. Cheetor is definitely a pain, that crit mod he's sitting on combines with Feral Strike to approach Ironhide levels of damage, but those who are having trouble with Primal I have just one thing to say.
    Ultra Magnus. That hammer completely undoes Primal. Getting him down to 75% damage is still a chore though
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited June 2018
    Totherkins wrote: »
    To the Cheetor discussion I was able to down him with IH. But everyone has different tough bot match ups. Like for me primal and wasp. But I just have to practice more and ease up on the raging and bitching.

Yea primal able to instantly shrug off any damage debuffs without the need of casting heavy.. Where did that skill came from?? It isn't even listed in his bot description! He suppose to have same mods as Megatron in previous Sanctum too! Intentionally making the final boss hard this way?

Actually... It is. It's part of his Sig:

5qfrpr130f21.png

For every stack of armour on Primal, he reduces damaging debuff duration by 8%. That means at full 10 stack, they expire 80% faster.

Or is this happening regardless of the armour stack count?
  • Options
    HrockHrock Posts: 132
    edited June 2018
    If your fighting in a top 10 alliance with full forged R5 bots, perhaps dont imply the map, or more specificly Cheetos is easy or fair for the broad population of alliances. Last AM bosses did not kill in a single combo series. So we come together at the pinchpoint and average player lvl to draw straws for which two players are going to lose a bot to sig 100 feral kitty on crack mod taking 50 percent of his hp each. I mean kabam said the map was to reduce specialty bots for mods? Yet here we are preaching specific bots.

The map is painfully slow. We need more energy to reach a lieutenant in same time frame. Consider energy clock revision. We also score less points for the same difficulty lvl despite higher pi and challenge. Consider multiplier revision or milestone mark tweek .

This map is translating to more time, few more item uses, less milestone payout for mods that are far more notorious than the last.

Personal not enjoying it so far..
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    While the new map does seem more challenging, I gave it a play through and really like the new layout. No longer do mistakes ruin an entire AM set, and if I get busy at work it doesn't affect the team so drastically
  • Options
    Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    While the new map does seem more challenging, I gave it a play through and really like the new layout. No longer do mistakes ruin an entire AM set, and if I get busy at work it doesn't affect the team so drastically

Gives chance for everyone to excuse themselves to be at work and save real money eating potion.
  • Options
    DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited June 2018
    Planning to quit this game due to this new Sanctum AM. Worst change Kabam can think of. They suppose to make it easier but it is total opposite now.
  • Options
    SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    any word about the energy from all attacks mod? i hear its ridicuous, l3 after a combo and a half without a timer on the mod
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Planning to quit this game due to this new Sanctum AM. Worst change Kabam can think of. They suppose to make it easier but it is total opposite now.

And nobody will miss you. I don't think you've ever had a single positive comment on the forums or in chats outside the game.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Manthro wrote: »

And nobody will miss you. I don't think you've ever had a single positive comment on the forums or in chats outside the game.

thanks.. just the affirmation that I needed.
  • Options
    i think it needs a bit more than just one broken mod but yeah good map and good change.
    What i dont understand is why people think it should be easier than it was?
    people asked for am to have more balanced (smarter) mods and more teamwork. that doesnt mean easier.. or harder... just better.
  • Options
    Sabugen wrote: »
    i think it needs a bit more than just one broken mod but yeah good map and good change.
    What i dont understand is why people think it should be easier than it was?
    people asked for am to have more balanced (smarter) mods and more teamwork. that doesnt mean easier.. or harder... just better.

read the last paragraph of the patch notes..

"That’s it for now Commanders! We can't wait for you to try out this new Ancient Sanctum Map! This change should make it easier for some less experienced Alliances to enter the Map, and for more experienced Alliances to aim for a higher difficulty level."
  • Options
    D3v1LD3v1L Posts: 65
    edited June 2018
    We can aim for higher d.levels when we have figured out the Map and how to counter all enemy bots.
    Cause there are 5 paths at the most and we only need 1/2 bosskillers per BG tops when on the old Map3 you needed everyone to clear his path and also at least 2 bosskillers per side(3-4 in total per BG).
    It will take some time to rank up,forge the suited bots and get used to the Map.
    But we will defo push higher sooner or later.
    And have more fun.
    Do not get me wrong,we were all frustrated at Day1 and used a bunch of items.But i am not gonna post my negative emotions in public and complain without providing constructive feedback.
    And also part of why we did poorly is cause of us.We were just not prepared.
    Use your energy to think how to play better,which bots are better suited for the Map....
    Assign paths and suggested bots for each section and go get them together.
    Good luck and stay positive.Else you have failed before you even started.
  • Options
    well when if the mods are smarter and balanced then yea its easier. right now many bugs going on.
    problem with map3 is you had to have 6 active people to run a bg if you want to get 100% and also it had many mods that fell victim to certain AI behaviors that made them pretty random. also i think energon storm was not fixed for the entire 6 months map was online.

so if kabam manages to get a mod that gets fixed results then once you practice and get the mod under control you can progress.
    but.. i think new map has power flow mod again? that mod is horribly unbalanced.
  • Options
    Grimes79Grimes79 Posts: 65
    First comment I’ve made on these boards. The new AM is so bad that our alliance is impelled to call it quits. We struggled with the 6 paths in the previous AM. That being gone is great. But what we apparently took for granted was:
    - TOO LONG!!! Path lengths that didn’t take us into the 11th hour. We used to finish missions a good 4-6 hours early giving time to raid and fight with our big bots. Now one mission is done and right into the other (1-2 hours maybe for raids depending on when we start).
    - TOO TOUGH! Mini bosses that didn’t kill our bots in the last. Very easy to happen here. Combine that with the increased length and we are lucky to make it to the boss without having to spend 2-4 items. We could spend nothing at the same difficulty level in the last map.
    - PRIMAL!?!? Holy crap he’s hard. Can’t burn or bleed him at all while we have to do the crazy 100-75% mod stuff? Was a fun challenge in the old map, an unfun frustration for this map.
    - PRIZES SUCK! Got an alliance heal kit out of the last sanctum crystal. What a joke. And the little amount of T2A essence we get? We get more from chips after one raid than in 4 days of successful AMs at our difficultly level.

This downgrade is simply not worth losing best bots for 22 hours.

If you feel the same, say the same.

The improvements over the last 2-3 months have been amazing until this huge step backwards.

Regards
  • Options
    SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Very interesting comments so far.

I think of all the AM maps done to date, this easily has to be the most polarizing one for the player base.

Personally, while it does need some fine tuning (fixing relentless assault mod so it does what the description says, reducing energy timer to 30 minutes, etc.) I don't think the map is that bad. I do feel like our alliance is at least communicating more since the map released because they always appreciate new content, so at least there's that.

Now all it needs is some T4B in the rewards and we'll be good to go.

• Options
    Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    I personally like the new map so far. I like the fact that we can double up in the first section, have a spare player to help whoever in second section, and even triple up in the last section. Mods wise, since this is only day 3, I haven't tried all paths yet, but those i've taken are ok. At least this is something new. If it's too tough, reduce some levels to get used to the mods then go back up. The rewards are not worth killing yourself over anyway.
  • Options
    Last paragraph of the latest patch notes writes:
    "That’s it for now Commanders! We can't wait for you to try out this new Ancient Sanctum Map! This change should make it easier for some less experienced Alliances to enter the Map, and for more experienced Alliances to aim for a higher difficulty level."

however what we see is an entirely opposite of what the current state of Sanctum AM is. Minibosses are shared among 6 players all linking up to it.. some will take the advantage of not helping to clear a miniboss much expecting better players to work at it. We were already accustomed to the previous Sanctum map, and all we asked for was new bots and mods.. not a map remake.

As a result, the entire map is now bigger and harder to clear, with links everywhere making progress much slower (taking an overall of 2-3 hours longer to clear). Different region players in an AM suffers too (i'm one of them due to being in Asia time zone), where we will be blamed for not moving fast enough and making a BG left behind. Earlier my right side had 2 other asian players and we can take our time before picking up speed once we're all awoke from sleep.. This new AM map isn't forgiving to players like us. Instead expecting an entire BG now to have all players from similar or close time zones else suffer the consequences of pushing slower than previously.

Minibosses are also way harder, since right now they expect more than 1 player to KO a boss (with more mods compare to previous). Players that always help down a miniboss risk KO-ing their own bot, hence using more items/energon in the process just for completing AM. While other slackers or less skilled players might just sit back and see others do the job. You can't expect alliances to always be policing all players' point contributions. Previous Sanctum does this well as it makes all minibosses fair for all 6 players. Each one targeting one boss.

Many more energon leeching/power control mods in this new Sanctum map too. So overall after stating all of the above how is it easier? Sure it is good when a BG is down to 5 players.. Well such a scenario rarely happens unless if it refers to alliances doing very high difficulty or an alliances that isn't stable to begin with.
    Manthro wrote: »

^I only voice my criticism when need to.. I think you forgotten how many times I praised the game or just prefer to overlook them. Anyway thanks to your "kind" gesture in part I have decided to leave the game. And yea once I leave a mobile game I usually don't come back.. thanks for making the forum community such a "great" place again.

If a game dev only wants praise and choose to ignore any criticism or feedback then the game is doomed to fail.. same with any corporation/company out there that refuses to take feedback from their own employees or customers.

So goodbye... a short video summarizing the whole experience of this new map for me:

• Options
    Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    Dude @Davien just play solo, ditch the pathetic AM. The solo rewards are OK.
    I've quit AM and arena for 2 months, then when I look at the game, it finally looks like a game than it was a full time job.
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    6llh0fvit5zn.png
    The map is somehow lighter than usual before I exit the BG
  • Options
    Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    Mufc14 wrote: »
    (and for more experienced Alliances to aim for a higher difficulty level.)
    Wasp, Cheetor & Primal should be easier than the previous bosses? I think you were impressed by their performance in this month spotlight.

Easier on their own? No, but you're no longer taking these on in groups of 3, but as your entire alliance. Before, there were basically 2 different maps that only combined at the end, meaning you had 2 groups of 3 Commanders responsible for taking down the Minibosses on their sides. Now, all Commanders will be back together to take down Minibosses as an Alliance.
    You now we used to assign a certain player to take down a certain mini boss, so it doesn’t matter to have 1 or 18 players at the mini if you gonna loss in 1 combo but I think you want us to meet at the mini so we all commit suicide on Cheetor then revive for the next section.
    I don’t wanna talk about how horrible is this map because many others before me talked & had been ignored.
    I just wanna ask you this: is it normal to take a 5K bot 75 hit to take down a 7k shark without mod?
    This shark hit me twice & cost me 40% of my health but still I need to hit him 30 times to do the same damage.
    i2e3q76kd2g4.png

• Options
    MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    Our alliance was doing AM level 33-35 on the old Ancient Sanctum map. We tried doing level 33 on the new AS map and completed it but it drained our resources. So we dropped it to level 27. What we found was the mini bosses were just as hard, along with the AI. Just that the other normal bots were slightly lower in health. In fact in terms of difficulty probably level 33 was easier than level 22-27.
    So this new map certainly is not allowing us to do a higher level of AM.
    Most of us have 1-2 r5 4* bots, but one mistake and 1/3 of your health is gone.
    I would suggest you at least give us some Alliance revive and health potions to help us navigate these new maps
  • Options
    MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    I would suggest that you lower the price of Alliance Revives and Health to help us get used to the maps. It's quite costly in energon to buy them
  • Options
    LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    edited June 2018
    A lot of comments about the length of this map. Overall I like the layout, but I agree that it is a bit long. One thought I had is to elimante the extra node when u start the map and in between rooms 1 & 2. This would help a little. Someone loosing 2 energy just to start seems silly.

I wouldn’t mind seeing a little more variety in the mods. I think when AS map 1.0 first came out it was a little ahead of its time because people didn’t have very big rosters at the time. However, that was 6 months ago and people’s rosters have expanded and T3 crystals are flowing better so people are ranking up a variety of bots.
  • Options
    SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    I came to make the same suggestion Lapras just made. Remove the 2 empty nodes at the beginnings of section 1 and section 2. Time problem solved.