Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Community Size?

I'm starting to get a bit worried that FtF is already on it's last legs. I've noticed from raids, I am raiding and being raided by the same people over and over. Seriously I'm at the point I recognize the person who attacked me by name well over half the time. Even now in my raid defence history I see the same name 3 times.

On top of this, our alliance has been open looking for a member for a week without a single taker. This is absolutely bizarre. Even in the case of grinding arenas I am noticing that pretty much regardless to how much effort I put in, I end up in the same bracket. 500k and 200k in the 2star arena resulted in the same bracket. This basically leads me to believe you've got whales going for ranked prizes and then... we'll pretty much nobody.

Leads me to believe that very few people are actually playing the game. Have others had the same experience?

Comments

• TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    You're in the upper bracket for raids , it's how it goes.

It's definitely at a semi low population of active gamers think around 10k? And finding someone to join an alliance is tricky, but not too hard.

As far as arena goes, I can hit 1 to 2% without spending much energon. But yeah if you want top 5 or even top 50 for the arenas you're either gonna have to have a solid roster and time. Or a nice supply of pink stuff.
  • SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    Totherkins wrote: »
    You're in the upper bracket for raids , it's how it goes.

It's definitely at a semi low population of active gamers think around 10k? And finding someone to join an alliance is tricky, but not too hard.

As far as arena goes, I can hit 1 to 2% without spending much energon. But yeah if you want top 5 or even top 50 for the arenas you're either gonna have to have a solid roster and time. Or a nice supply of pink stuff.

I think that's what I find disconcerting across the board. I've only been playing for a couple weeks... and I'm upper bracket? Hell I was top 50 for a while within a few weeks. Now I'm active as hell, certainly an outlier on how most people play, but I would have expected a much larger climb to get there. This means either the player base is quite small, or the vast majority of players aren't bothering to raid.

My comment with the arena wasn't about how hard it was to hit milestones in arenas, but instead how easy it was. Top ranked rewards are always going to be pretty insane because people can spend their way there, but the ease with which you can hit the 3-10% category indicates again that not a ton of players are participating in the arenas.

• TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    Yeah I'll say 3 to 10 percent is easy, but its crap rewards in my opinion. 1 to 2% is more just about consistently grinding and I wouldn't say is easy to do. If youre not spending energon.

Raiding is more about getting alpha essence. Getting on the leaderboard. I appricieate seeing myself on it, but at the end of the day it's about getting 200 to 500 essence a day. Which I wouldn't say is easy as far as time wise, but once again not too difficult where it makes you want to pull your hair out.

But yes, this game is small population wise compared to mcoc or other top apps. But, I don't play it for the population.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    The nature of the raiding boards is very temporary. So being here 2 weeks has little to do with it, its really just about the time you put in over a temporary period.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    edited May 2017
    Arena scores are somewhat limited to our smaller bot pool, so really only so many runs people can put in ect we don't have enough bots where it takes hours to run through all your bots. So yes the gap isn't going to change much on mid range scores.

Raids as stated are temporary scores at best I can go up 150-200 points in 3-5 raids as well as drop similar in a few raids if my phone didn't become atomic after 3 runs and I refilled I could be number one spot in no time from 50th or anywhere in between. And really not a lot of incentive to stay high on board so most of us now just ride where we ride

• BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581
    I just watched a video on YouTube in regards to the condition of the player-base. Most people haven't logged on in over a span of 45-50 days. With respect, this is quite worrying. I haven't been able to play in awhile myself, but as we approach global release I think we should expect the numbers to increase.

This is after all Transformers, a popular franchise as such as this should be able to grasp the attention of others fairly quickly. Additionally, Transformers: The Last Knight is slatted to hit theaters soon as well.
  • TechTech Posts: 15
    Hopefully the new movie adds to the population a bit.

The recent offer out the game into the top 200 in app store for top grossing games. This game is way better than mcoc it just needs to add alliance wars and I am sure more will start joining.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    edited May 2017
    Bumblebee wrote: »
    I just watched a video on YouTube in regards to the condition of the player-base. Most people haven't logged on in over a span of 45-50 days. With respect, this is quite worrying. I haven't been able to play in awhile myself, but as we approach global release I think we should expect the numbers to increase.

This is after all Transformers, a popular franchise as such as this should be able to grasp the attention of others fairly quickly. Additionally, Transformers: The Last Knight is slatted to hit theaters soon as well.

Maybe the game is dying, maybe it isn't, but some youtube video guy checking his friends list and seeing that all his hardcore mcoc playing friends tried TFTF and then went back to their $2-10k accounts on MCOC is far from surprising. Viewing a low level alliance and seeing that the people haven't logged in in over a month is par for the course in MCOC. Go grab any random alliance at low levels in that game, and often times it will be months since anyone in the alliance has logged on.

If I screenshot my alliance and show you that everyone has logged on in the past 6 hours does that mean the game is thriving? Certainly not, and shouldn't mean the same looking at a random alliance the other way around.

More concerning is that the game is not trending well on paid games charts. It doesn't really affect us that much, but could cause Netmarble to pull the plug, because it is effectively a bust already in that regard.
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 29
    I have seen about 20-40 people join my alliance that reach lvl 8-10 and just stop playing and ones that didn't they reach 18 and done ... I'm talking around 40 people total just I'm my alliance alone and only 5 including myself fight on. Pretty sad stats !
  • BubianBubian Posts: 82
    I'm also concerned and am thinking as well as hoping we see an influx on new players when the new movie comes out. Until then, I'll keep enjoying the game for what it is. It might help if everyone rated the game 5 stars. The content deserves 5 stars, even though the bugs such as crashing and over heating phones are frustrating.
  • 0mega_Supreme0mega_Supreme Posts: 42
    edited June 2017
    Bubian wrote: »
    I'm also concerned and am thinking as well as hoping we see an influx on new players when the new movie comes out. Until then, I'll keep enjoying the game for what it is. It might help if everyone rated the game 5 stars. The content deserves 5 stars, even though the bugs such as crashing and over heating phones are frustrating.

I refuse to give this game 5 stars in anything. My love of transformers has helped me tolerate a lot. I can get over the rehashed MCoC walls, story, and money grubbing. I got past the even worse story mode that had me running through a whole act that looked like a desserted DBZ battlefield. But I honestly think this game gets off easy on the bugs and glitches. The instant loss crap alone could sink a game. Could you imagine the blow back if Mass Effect Andromeda had a glitch that made you lose a match after clearly winning?
  • XannenXannen Posts: 17
    edited June 2017
    I agree I am feeling like the game is getting off superbly easy for all the bugs and problems that are lingering since day one.

Anyone who gives the game or any game 5* when there are core gameplay, crashing/mechanical issues, or otherwise are being fraudulent in their opinions. You cannot reasonably overlook serious flaws in games because you otherwise like it or even love it, or feel like maybe it's not 'that bad" when compared to other games..
    It's a skewed representation of the game, and I hate reading it with any game, especially when it comes to supposed professional reviews from the likes of IGN, Kotaku, etc.

Call a thing a thing. Don't mislead others when it comes to gaming.. it's unfair to gamers and to developers.