Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Pricing on deals and bundles do not reflect exchange rates

Why do bundles and deals pricing ignore exchange rates? For example for fairness I'd expect someone in the US to pay the same as I would here in the U.K. But that isn't what happens in this game.

An example, the current prime mv1 4 star Deal on offer today is priced at £99.99, and my friends in the US are saying the same deal there is 99.99 $, so the same numbers, but it's not the same amount. 99.99 dollars actually equals £77.60 at today's current exchange rates (obviously depending on actual rates).

So why isn't the 4 Star Prime mv1 deal on offer for £77.60 in the U.K. If you have it on offer for 99.99 dollars in the U.S.A?

Now I'm sure you're going to say sorry this is an issue with google or apple, but Dont you set what you want things sold at? As surely you're the ones who put a value to the services you provide.

Please start offering services and products at rates equal to all, regardless of country of purchase.

Kind Regards,
Tezz

Comments

• Hey @Tezz001,

We totally understand the frustration here, but unfortunately this is beyond our control. While we set the initial price in USD, the exchange rate is determined by the individual App Stores, and are not something that we can change per currency.
  • Tezz001Tezz001 Posts: 53
    Ok well whilst I understand your response, I'm hesitant at ever purchasing anything from the App Store again including your bundles, until this is addressed. Shame really, but then I know that won't bothered Kabam, not like I would spend like the whales that keep you afloat. How does someone make complaint on this, I know if I talk to apple they'll pass the buck to you, you to apple, and round and round we go.
  • I play contest of champions and this game. In contest of champions, which is also a kabam game, the prices do change based on country. I have friends in Canada who see higher prices than I do due to the exchange rate.
    Why is kabam able to do this in one game, but not another? Or is it just because pounds are worth more than dollars rather than less?
  • I play contest of champions and this game. In contest of champions, which is also a kabam game, the prices do change based on country. I have friends in Canada who see higher prices than I do due to the exchange rate.
    Why is kabam able to do this in one game, but not another? Or is it just because pounds are worth more than dollars rather than less?

This is actually exactly what's being described. The prices in foreign currencies are set by the individual App stores, and not by us. We only set the USD price, and then the currency conversion is done by the stores you make your purchases through.

There are also a few other factors that go into the pricing on App stores besides the exchange rate, including international taxes, fees, etc., and those are also well beyond our control.
    This is actually exactly what's being described. The prices in foreign currencies are set by the individual App stores, and not by us. We only set the USD price, and then the currency conversion is done by the stores you make your purchases through.

There are also a few other factors that go into the pricing on App stores besides the exchange rate, including international taxes, fees, etc., and those are also well beyond our control.

Whilst we understand that it may be out of your control, shouldn't you be talking to the vendors like apple to address this. After all 99 dollars is not equal to £99 even if you factor in exchange rates, taxes, fees, the same company can't expect to add roughly 25% extra to the cost just because a different currency is used, especially as we (us not in the United States) are not doing anything to warrant expect charges to purchases the exact same digital content, its digital content, therefore there cannot be any extra overheads for shipping, or materials, or labour involved.

Sort it out Kabam, sort it out and stop passing the buck, it's your game, your responsibility to your customers, or you won't have any non United States customers soon. Once everyone wakes up to this rip of by the powerful cooperations like Apple, and google. Yeah google is a joke, sorry google but you can't even be bothered with paying U.K. Taxes, but yet I bet your happy to increases costs to your cattle of customers.

Sorry Kabam, sorry forged to fight developers, sorry to forged to fight gamers for trying to speak up.

Sort it out Kabam, talk to the vendors, tell them they are cheating us. Or find a way to offer in app purchases circumventing the vendors built in stores.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited May 2017
    It's really bad in the Australian store. The deal is $160. Exchange rates would put it at $135. +$25 is just too much of a jump.

It's the same as any other game though. All $100 deals get converted to $160 on iOS, you can log in to any game and see it's the same.
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481

[/quote]

[/quote]

These tax laws around the world are crappy, taxing digital goods or products, seems unfair.

Terminal wrote: »
    It's really bad in the Australian store. The deal is $160. Exchange rates would put it at $135. +$25 is just too much of a jump.

It's the same as any other game though. All $100 deals get converted to $160 on iOS, you can log in to any game and see it's the same.

But we shouldn't have to put up with it, it's the responsibility of Kabam (in this case) and the vendors to at least offer fair pricing to all, if it's 10 US dollars in the states then it should be the equivalent price in the u.k. Or Australia, or which ever part of the country you are in.

If they say it's just something that happens don't take it as an excuse, and then pay it, if everyone from the u.k. were to suddenly stop purchasing the in app purchases, I bet you that Kabam would suddenly find a way to adjust the price. It's because people are ignoring that they are being ripped off that Kabam and other mobile game companies continue to do this.

Kabam, shame on you for allowing the vendors to continually get away with ripping us off. Apple/google shame on you for over charging.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    edited June 2017
    Well if it applies to all games as said above then how is that kabams doing? Obviously if other games have same conversion taxes ect then kabam isn't collecting it maybe you should go after your countries exchange rate and tax laws

I'm in USA so I don't know about these conversions and costs I know my ally members have to pay some of these. So can't speak from experience
  • And this thread is spiraling completely out of control.

OP, I'm sorry, but like I have said, there is nothing that we can do about it, and while I understand it is easiest to place blame on what's right in front of you, that doesn't mean that it's right.

Since there is no more than can be added here, I'm shutting this thread down.
This discussion has been closed.