Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Review on Tantrum {Spoilers}

SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
This color for "as written in Officially" in New Bots page which was available for a short time
This color for Comments by me.

Passive 10% Armor and +25% Armor while dashing.

Dashes and Dodge backs
Dashing gives a permanent 15-24% melee buff with max stacks of 10. Max:+150-240%
Dodging back removes all the buffs!

Well, that's a pretty huge bonus if you mange to maintain the Buffs. I guess even intercepted, he'll get Melee buff.

Heavy
2% Chance to Stun for each melee buff for 2 sec.

With max of 10 stacks, it's still 20%. And i guess this won't increase by melee buff provided by MODs.

Block
Blocking for 1.5 sec gives Unstoppable 3.5 - 4.5 secs. 8% faster charging of unstoppable for each melee buff.
Once unstoppable expires, he needs to cool down for 5 secs to charge unstoppable again. He does not loose Melee Buffs if he dodges back while unstoppable.

So, It's better to save unstoppable for times when you really need it!

Comments

• SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    Well, i was to click preview and clicked POST, so it's uncompleted
    edited July 2018
    This color for "as written in Officially" in New Bots page which was available for a short time
    This color for Comments by me.

Passive 10% Armor and +25% Armor while dashing.

Dashes and Dodge backs
    Dashing gives a permanent 15-24% melee buff with max stacks of 10. Max:+150-240%
    Dodging back removes all the buffs!

Well, that's a pretty huge bonus if you mange to maintain the Buffs. I guess even intercepted, he'll get Melee buff.

Heavy
    2% Chance to Stun for each melee buff for 2 sec.

With max of 10 stacks, it's still 20%. And i guess this won't increase by melee buff provided by MODs.

Block
    Blocking for 1.5 sec gives Unstoppable 3.5 - 4.5 secs. 8% faster charging of unstoppable for each melee buff.
    Once unstoppable expires, he needs to cool down for 5 secs to charge unstoppable again. He does not loose Melee Buffs if he dodges back while unstoppable.

So, It's better to save unstoppable for times when you really need it! like demotron going unstoppable , or bait opponent's special.
    And you can freely use sidesteps for dodging purposes, un-necessary sidesteps reduces distance between you and opponent. To keep distance between you and opponent, you can use heavy attack.
    His Heavy Attacks are ranged, so such strong Melee buff can't affect these.

Special Attatcks
    SP1 - Throws Fire from his hands...10% Chance for each melee buffs to burn for 50-70% Attack over 4 sec.
    SP2 - Two sword chops and One Ranged Energy Attack. !0%chance for each melee buff to stun for 3 sec.
    SP3 - Gain 3 Attack Buffs and goes Unstoppable for 7.5-9.5 sec.

So, Dev team here tried not to over-power him by his massive melee buff by making concentrated hit ranged.
    SP3 Attack buff strength was not mentioned, however i guess that must be melee buff,... HE GOES UNSTOPPABLE 7.5-9.5 sec! ....That's kinda a blessing for those like me who many times get intercepted while attacking!

Signature Ability
    When he gets 3 melee buffs by dashing, he gets Frenzy for 6 sec, which grants +10-70% Crit Chance, 20% chance to unblockable. Purifies all DoT Debuffs, and Dot Debuffs can't be inflicted on Tantrum for duration of frenzy.

It triggers when buffs count 3,6,9....At least I guess so
    Let's Say he becomes "Super Enhanced Grim Lock for 6 sec". Reasons?
    1. Grim purifies DoT Debuff while Tantrum resists their activation. So, he can't get Instant Shocks, Headshots, Dark Burns (I guess so) beacause they do their work before they could be Purified. This same as 100% Crit Rate Debuff vs 100% Crit Damage Debuff. No extra damage is ought to be, but Crit Rate Debuff give extra edge against Ability that trigger on Crit Hits and 20% Armor pierce of crit hits.
    2. Melee Buff are superior to GriLock + Crit Rate increase + 20% Unblockble chance.
    I'm not sure if you need to loose all buff and regather them once you get to 10 stacks, @Kabam Miike please correct me here.
    as an Opponent, I'll use Magnus or StarScream, No Stacking of Melee Buffs, No activation of Frenzy. And at high level fights,blocks are not reliable either.

Beast Ancestor Synergy - +5% Attack Rating for all Beasts and 40% Unblockable chance for Special Attacks.

Personally, I may find no use of unblockable chance anywhere except Wasp Sp1 or against over-defensive Opponent. But, I may like it as good back-up, and 5% Attack rating is also not so bad.

Speaking of Spotlight, I personally think following MODs could be added to him in Master/Experts:
    - ShockBlock / Block Proficiency etc. Refecting Blocks have less chance to added as Tact are mostly Melee except SS.
    - Melee Timed...
    - Randomizer
    - Focus Frenzy/ Unstoppable Timed
    - Due to Behavior of Kabam since last two Spotlights....Buff Nullify/Steal Resistance have chances to be added unless Kabam is polite now.

I may use him against any Warrior, but duped I'll try to keep him off against Bludgeon due to increased Crit Rate.I'm pretty sure I'll just LOVE him a lot.
    As a Opponent, SS and Magnus will be first choices, while Megatron can also steal buff although he won't be as effeicient as them. Rhinox will also work great as long as he keeps him deprived of Melee buffs.
    Dinobot is good, but Blocking against Tantrum won't be a good option in high level fights like Mater missions. Fighting Tantrum won't like "Fighting against God" as long as A.I is not intelligent enough to "don't dodge back, stack buss, be offensive"

Feel Free To Correct Me!
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Since backstepping will lost melee buffs, all we need to is: dash to do 5 combo/4+heavy/4 combo if blocked, then hold block to charge unstoppable. With unstoppable on, backstep and dash immediately to gain another buff. Apply this routine for a few times to gradually buff his output to max.
    edited July 2018
    Yeah Ranged-dash-combo-heavy | repeat. . Dash Attack need not to be successful to get Melee buff, with sign on...we can have 20% chance for each hit to be UNBLOCKABLE...not sure if ranged attacks also include in this. Although cool down is just 5 sec. But if opponent has 50% OR more power I'll Save unstoppable for hard times when I really need to backstep. With 10 Melee buff on, unstoppable will charge up in 0.3 sec! This is the time usually taken by first hit of special attack yo hit after initiating special attack. So you have to block first hit of their special attack and you can freely backstep rest of attacks.
    Another combo I usually do using RHINOX is ranged-dash-heavy, this can be very used with tantrum too.
    When you end a combo with heavy attack, you need not to back step to engage dash forward.
    @KillMasterC
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Right... because we know the bots always work exactly like how Kabam describes them.
    edited July 2018
    @Faithz17 ,,Are you taunting Kabam?
    Cause I'm getting a feel of that :D
  • NightgauntNightgaunt Posts: 178
    If these are definitely his final abilities then I think I might be taking a backseat this month. For those who can make use of them, he looks like he'll be an absolute unit, but my style of play is much more "dash in, dash out", keeping the enemy at range when I'm not attacking. If I'm frequently backstepping, I'm gonna be losing all those melee buffs. Sounds like he'll be a tough bot to go up against though.
    @Nightgaunt Well hold block 1.5 sec to get unstoppable 3.5-4.5 sec and you won't losing buffs in back step. You can increase distance using his heavy which is ranged.