Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Introducing: Featured 5-Star Bots

Commanders!

Starting with the release of Tantrum, in addition to their 3-Star and 4-Star variants, you will now be able to purchase a 5-Star Version of the Featured Bot! This will be no easy task Commanders, as a 5-Star Featured Bot will cost you 1,000,000 Bot Chips!

This is certainly a lofty goal, but from what we’ve seen, there have been Commanders in the past that have approached this threshold for many of our Bot releases. This also gives Commanders something more to strive for, if they choose that this is a worthy goal for them. We’re also going to be monitoring this to ensure that it gives Commanders a challenge to accomplish, but is not impossible.

To help you all out, we’re also introducing 2 special Double Chips Events every month! Week 2 will now award double Chips for Alliance Missions, and Week 4 will award Double Chips for Bot Chip Arenas.

We’re also introducing a brand new Featured Bot Crystal available to all Commanders Level 40 or above! This new Crystal will cost 300 Energon, and guarantees a 3-5 Star Bot, with a chance to award a 5-Star Tantrum, as well as a 4-Star Tantrum, Jazz, or Cheetor!

Both of these will go live tomorrow at ~10am PT with the release of Tantrum!

Aim high, Commanders!

Comments

• TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    We shall see how this goes, I'll hold onto my chips and grind my ass off this month. But I'm thinking I'll only be able to pull of 750k chips and that's with dropping money on chip bundles and probably spending a hundred or 2 on these new crystals. Whoever is raking in a million chips a month, tell me your secret, pweez.
  • Daveh911Daveh911 Posts: 29
    edited July 2018
    Vavatron wrote: »
    Without duping 5 star bots, this feels near impossible.

That said, it’s great that we even have a shot at a 5 star feature bot in such direct terms. I’m amazed that I can consistently dupe and max the 4 star feature bot every month!

I’ll see how close I can get, and post back the results later. I’ve saved 2 five star bot crystals and 8 four star bot crystals. I’ll also buy all the Energon deals, and run all the content I can without getting divorced.

Without getting divorced, lol. So true
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    Most I ever got was 650k...I’m not exactly a bum so I am wondering where the heck 1 mil came from
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    BOFAD wrote: »
    Most I ever got was 650k...I’m not exactly a bum so I am wondering where the heck 1 mil came from

not a bum but yea a chum!
  • Vavatron wrote: »
    Without duping 5 star bots, this feels near impossible.

That said, it’s great that we even have a shot at a 5 star feature bot in such direct terms. I’m amazed that I can consistently dupe and max the 4 star feature bot every month!

I’ll see how close I can get, and post back the results later. I’ve saved 2 five star bot crystals and 8 four star bot crystals. I’ll also buy all the Energon deals, and run all the content I can without getting divorced.

Lol. I have one 5 star only. For the rest, it's time to put my house on sale & sell my stocks for Kabam. Lol

Definitely want to know who was cracking 1 mil then cause you are one of the few people I thought might have.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    I was thinking this would be more like 500k or at most 750k. 1 million is overshooting the mark big time.
  • TheBeastInsideTheBeastInside Posts: 429
    edited July 2018
    Well, i'm around 400k this month, having opened only 8 4* crystals.
    So unless I save my crystals for 2-3 months, it's not for me.
    It's already so hard not to open during 1 month...

• GojuanesGojuanes Posts: 46

Im with you here,..the months I have grinded and spent heavy on the game I haven't even gotten close to that number. .....similar to yours.

Unless they increase the amount of chips we get from every aspect of the game, I dont really see this as a realistic goal to achieve in one month.... you may just need to hoard crystals for an additional month on top of grinding heavy. Both of those take the fun away from the game.

So bad move on Kabam for this one,... (personally speaking).
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    Totherkins wrote: »

Definitely want to know who was cracking 1 mil then cause you are one of the few people I thought might have.

You know it’s bad when both me and @Synthwave say the same thing cause we grinding lol. Even the double bot chips might help but the majority of my Bot chips come from dupes which are gained from hoarding for a month.

I’ll give it a shot but I’m not optimistic. Unless the counts are upped in other places that will help like dupes, special missions, away missions, and doubled in raids as well. Like I said I’ll try lol
    I'll give it hell as well.
  • None near 1m, not even 500k, a top 10 alliance.
    did u mean player that could have got 1m
    or player that got 1m?
  • Thanks for your feedback everybody. Like I said, we're going to be keeping an eye on this. It's definitely meant to be a stretch goal, but not something that is totally impossible.
  • TheBeastInsideTheBeastInside Posts: 429
    edited July 2018
    Not to forget that you will have to buy the 4* and 3* to reach the monthly objectives...

500k would already be a challenge for most of the players, inc. in top alliances
  • lol I'll stick to 4* for now.
  • DeadSilenceDeadSilence Posts: 101
    Please consider 500K chips for first 5* bot then 1M for dupe
  • Same_ol_GSame_ol_G Posts: 104
    edited July 2018
    Thanks for your feedback everybody. Like I said, we're going to be keeping an eye on this. It's definitely meant to be a stretch goal, but not something that is totally impossible.

It is damn near impossible. Even if u open 20 4* crystals that's only 200k, let's say u get lucky and dupe a 5* bot... Now you're at 250k.

The chip arena only gives you a measly 2,250. You could run it on for a month and still not even make a dent.

This just sucks the fun and life out of this game with feats like this.

This is extremely counter productive for what you're trying to accomplish within the pool of players/community. Extremely.
  • Charleshot25Charleshot25 Posts: 143
    I cant even get 200k a month let alone 1 million
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    None near 1m, not even 500k, a top 10 alliance.
    or player that got 1m?

It was mentioned a few have come close to this mark. I’m guessing that means if they put in a good amount of purchases from the energon store and more, they could’ve come just a wee bit closer....
  • Username819273943Username819273943 Posts: 85
    edited July 2018
    Darm0k wrote: »
    None near 1m, not even 500k, a top 10 alliance.
    or player that got 1m?

It was mentioned a few have come close to this mark. I’m guessing that means if they put in a good amount of purchases from the energon store and more, they could’ve come just a wee bit closer....

With money, all is possible yes
  • Omega_benOmega_ben Posts: 78
    I’m not too bothered about Tantrum but love there adding the more expensive crystals for people
    Like me near the end game having a new Crystal that gives us 3* and above with a chance at a 5* is great
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Add another week of double duping rewards?
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    This is like the MCOC Grandmaster crystals. People will buy them and a few will post their 5s lucky pulls. But most of us(99%)that buy them will get 3s. But in mcoc whales have no qualms in using cash to buy these crystals and pop them till they get them.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    By the way (I'm .not.speaking for myself), how about the monthly objs concerning the 4* ? If they strive for the 5* they're practically giving up the monthly unless they succeed in getting 1.11 million chips.
  • Same_ol_GSame_ol_G Posts: 104
    Never heard of something so idiotic. Makes wonder if I should even keep playing.

And yes I've spent a ton on this game so my opinion absolutely should matter to kabam.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    I'd like to see a realistic example of how to earn 1,000,000 chips without duping at least fifty 4* or ten 5* and without spending hundreds of dollars.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited July 2018
    Just my 2 cents...

I think 1mil is a little too high, but...

Having said that, I do like the idea that a 5* feature bot is something not everyone will go for every month, not even whales.

Now, players will probably go for the minimum 4* dupe, 3* single bot and hoard surplus crystals until they see a 5* feature bot they REALLY truly want.

This keeps the bot rosters and game diverse instead of every player getting every bot across the board.

Still... I think somewhere in the area of 500-750k would have been much more accepted by the community, and even made awakening a 5* bot achievable every few months for a good chunk of players.

Hopefully we will see the bar lowered a bit after a few months of testing.