Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Devs, you need to adjust BC

For anyone that thinks BC is manageable with MV1, Primal or Tantrum at high AM levels, you are dead wrong.

He is mandatory repair kits no matter what you do, and he needs to be fixed in the same manner as Rhinox shields were nerfed long ago.

Brawlers are supposed to be the counter, but you cannot get through a single combo against BC without landing a Crit and triggering bleeds.

So what, you say... Primal can purify and Mv1 and heal through it, right?

WRONG

go ahead at LVL 60+ in AM, try it. Mv1 heal can't keep up, and if you heavy with primal, BC will ninja through it with a special to your face from across the entire screen, or counter you perfectly with melee.

Oh, and if you land the heavy, it will probably still trigger a bleed, requiring you to expose yourself over and over or die a very quick death.

The mods are also specialized to make this a particularly impossible fight.

In section 2, he has power gain and 100% debuff duration, so you have to force the action, which puts you at a disadvantage. Primal also can't reduce debuff duration effectively with a full stack of armour here, so you MUST have beast synergy.

In section 3, you are constantly losing power and wearing a bleed on melee hit, so surprise!!! You can't reliably get an s3 off for a full armour stack on Primal, Mv1 still has a tough time offsetting the strength of his bleeds, and tantrum.... Lol, takes too much damage to build up his buffs and trigger frenzy.

His passive is WAY TOO OP. It triggers if you fart on him. Brawlers trigger way too many bleeds on him to be the class advantage..

Something needs to be done here..

Either reduce all brawler Crit rate too full zero, or give them the same treatment scouts got vs Rhinox. 50% chance to avoid taking bleeds vs his passive.

It's ridiculous how he melts everything in AM.

Dev team, I DARE you to show us a high level AM video of a reasonable fight vs BC where one can take little damage in a perfect fight.

Prove me wrong.

Comments

• TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    I can't agree with this thread more. But, at the same time it only impacts a small percentage of people and anytime you bring up BC, people will say their are other counters or you aren't fighting aggressive enough or something a change like manthro suggested would be much appricieated.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Could Wasp or Ironhide not be better if you remove the crit rate mastery?
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Could Wasp or Ironhide not be better if you remove the crit rate mastery?

Only if you perfect BC.

If you get hit, you will melt.. you have no ability to offset the bleeds.
    On top of all this, it's very apparent the dev team already knows BC passive is overpowered.

That's why they double him up on spotlight lanes, and the same reason scout spotlight bosses got bleed immunity after Kickback.

When his passive ability lets you crush a master spotlight boss and barely lift a finger, something is obviously wrong.

Stop avoiding the issue and balance him out.
  • Really? I have no problem with BC myself. This game depends on using certain mechanics to achieve your goal. Learn how to play the game before you claim its too hard.
  • AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    Really? I have no problem with BC myself. This game depends on using certain mechanics to achieve your goal. Learn how to play the game before you claim its too hard.

You’re playing playing level 10 am try playing where one bleed can take over half you’re health and if you’re fight isn’t 100% perfect you can die with mv1 or primal
  • TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    Really? I have no problem with BC myself. This game depends on using certain mechanics to achieve your goal. Learn how to play the game before you claim its too hard.

One day we shall all be as skilled as you "Lord of Ftf".
  • SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    You forget Grimlock. I used him and got past the Master Bonecrushers without needing to revive.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    SkBirdman wrote: »
    You forget Grimlock. I used him and got past the Master Bonecrushers without needing to revive.

I think he’s referring to facing Bonecrusher in AM levels that one day I hope to be able to dream about doing. There are two of them in AM and I hate that focus power gain one.
  • JayBird01JayBird01 Posts: 37
    @SkBirdman grimlock still takes time to purify he bleeds. At high levels that bleed can still drop a lot of your health before he converts it to a melee buff.
  • MAMILMAMIL Posts: 48
    The problem is Brawlers crit too much against BC, similar to how scouts used to be the worst choices against Rhinox despite the class advantage. Yes, there are ways for MV1 and Primal to recover health, but when you are at the AM level where one melee combo or special from BC can KO you, you have to be ultra cautious and timing doesn’t always work out in your favor.

You completely ignored the very first paragraph of my post. HIGH LEVEL AM.

High level. Like, top 3 difficulty, which is a completely different ballgame than master Spotlight, which is Mickey Mouse by comparison.

I only used spotlight as a reference because BC passive clearly made it far too easy for even a rank FOUR unforged bonecrusher to kill a scout main boss in master spotlight.

That's why they made the next two scouts bleed immune. That's how powerful his passive is.

2.5k pi bonecrusher vs 14k spotlight scout main boss, and you can defeat it by letting it just hit you.

Absolutely ridiculous. Imagine what that bleed does at top 3 level AM. You can't, because you don't know.
  • TfpsoundwaveTfpsoundwave Posts: 152
    Whats BC?
  • Joker69Joker69 Posts: 345
    Whats BC?

Bonecrusher
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    I keep meaning to ask why this can be a problem or better yet, why you are pursuing that level of AM. For rewards? No, many of the guys in the top league are swimming in T3C's already and can f100 any bot within days. For competition? Then it's your problem. If the top 3 arrive at an agreement like "geez, this BC is ridiculous, let's all stop getting milked by Kabam and play at a manageable level" then the problem is gone without any devs having to look at this thread. But no, you're just pushing yourself to the extreme where one mistake is death. And no again, crit on BC is a mistake: Call yourself ninja? In a prefect world, Sideswipe can shoot BC to death without landing a single punch.

If Kabam will help, they'll create a sort of "bleed immune" boost selling at the price of one revive and 4 potions combined.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    I keep meaning to ask why this can be a problem or better yet, why you are pursuing that level of AM. For rewards? No, many of the guys in the top league are swimming in T3C's already and can f100 any bot within days. For competition? Then it's your problem. If the top 3 arrive at an agreement like "geez, this BC is ridiculous, let's all stop getting milked by Kabam and play at a manageable level" then the problem is gone without any devs having to look at this thread. But no, you're just pushing yourself to the extreme where one mistake is death. And no again, crit on BC is a mistake: Call yourself ninja? In a prefect world, Sideswipe can shoot BC to death without landing a single punch.

If Kabam will help, they'll create a sort of "bleed immune" boost selling at the price of one revive and 4 potions combined.

I can't help but wonder why you're blaming him?
    edited July 2018

Yeah, see... You can't shoot BC to death in section 2, so shows how much you are paying attention to the details written.

He has a power gain mod that can only be shut down by melee hits.

Try again.

And no, there is no way to come to an agreement on the top 3, because those placing 4-6 want top 3 as well. Everyone is just gonna say "know what man? You guys go ahead and take more rewards, we are happy with 2nd best."

Lmao. What fantasy land do you live in?
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    edited July 2018
    @KillMasterC ,, agree with @Manthro .... Even the ones who are at top one place oftenly work so hard to maintain it... Why? Rewards? No..
    But because,,, they want to be called TOP alliance,, and everyone wants to be on higher rank.... Rank rewards may not have that much value,, but being called Rank X alliance matters a lot.... Especially while recruiting...
    And nothing hurts more than not achieving the rank you could just because a Overpowered bot was in your way..
    And AM rewards may not be so decent to spend $$$
  • Oroku_SakiOroku_Saki Posts: 85
    Please call me Rank X Alliance just once, my sparkier counterpart.
    edited July 2018
    That's the point. The game isn't f2p'able at any difficulty. BC isn't designed for mercy at d60+. This is a problem for all those who push themselves to the extreme with skill at first hand and wallet ensuite. You either complain and boycott at the same time or keep it as it is now. What good is there for Kabam to "fix" this? Will it change the ranking? No, it just saves everybody some medkits.
    edited July 2018
    And nothing hurts more than not achieving the rank you could just because a Overpowered bot was in your way..
    What hurts more, is that someone else did it and you don't know how (other than guessing they're paying more than you do).
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    Turn Crit mastery off and use IH (Never had a bleed produced with a zero crit mastery with IH or MV1)
    Don't get hit. He is a little crazy at high level D but he isn't any more insane than Arcee.

Also you can invest in Willpower mastery and add it to MV1 it helps alot if its maxed out to go with his willpower ability. You obviously have to be on top of him so its best to save up a sp1-sp2 and wreck him so it all heals at once.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    Oroku_Saki wrote: »
    Please call me Rank X Alliance just once, my sparkier counterpart.

Lol.... X refers to current ranking of your alliance in AMs
    BOFAD wrote: »
    Turn Crit mastery off and use IH (Never had a bleed produced with a zero crit mastery with IH or MV1)
    Don't get hit. He is a little crazy at high level D but he isn't any more insane than Arcee.

Also you can invest in Willpower mastery and add it to MV1 it helps alot if its maxed out to go with his willpower ability. You obviously have to be on top of him so its best to save up a sp1-sp2 and wreck him so it all heals at once.

You're saying Willpower stacks but it says on the description that it doesn't stack with other willpower abilities? How does it work? Two lots of heals?
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    He didn't say it stacks, but they work as separate heals. Anything helps really.

My thoughts on this subject is Kabam has no obligation to rework BC, he's working as intended and the difficulty of high level am just magnifies his ability like any other bots. However, I will agree that the mods can be ridiculous as the difficulty goes up which just further compounds the issue some people may have with certain bots (hr on 2.2 comes to mimd).
    edited July 2018
    that1guy wrote: »
    He didn't say it stacks, but they work as separate heals. Anything helps really.

My thoughts on this subject is Kabam has no obligation to rework BC, he's working as intended and the difficulty of high level am just magnifies his ability like any other bots. However, I will agree that the mods can be ridiculous as the difficulty goes up which just further compounds the issue some people may have with certain bots (hr on 2.2 comes to mimd).

You may have a valid point here. Considering 5* bots are available (albeit progression on them is currently throttled) that BC passive won't sting nearly as much once you get a 5* bot to r4+.

It's the crazy attack rating at extreme difficulty that plays into his passive, and max forged 4* bots are limited as to what they can absorb for punishment at this stage of the game.
    Manthro wrote: »
    that1guy wrote: »

You may have a valid point here. Considering 5* bots are available (albeit progression on them is currently throttled) that BC passive won't sting nearly as much once you get a 5* bot to r4+.

It's the crazy attack rating at extreme difficulty that plays into his passive, and max forged 4* bots are limited as to what they can absorb for punishment at this stage of the game.

I was going to say this - I think the top alliances are pushing the boundaries massively with what should be "possible" with the current power bots available.

I think I've touched on it before how some bots scale better than others - BC and Rhinox as defenders scale better than any. I think the only answer to the problem is Ironhide with 0 crits (and wasp? doesn't wasp 0 crit?) The only issue is the power gain, which leaves me thinking maybe a perfect fight with *gasp* Ramjet? might be the best option? Does Ramjet crit often??
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Ramjet's problem is that he fights like he's been out all night long on an engex binge. He's an awesome bot with some great specials and abilities (and synergies; KB and MM is crazy good) but he just misses too much on crucial melee hits (like sidesteps+counters).

If they could make some corrections so he can connect on hits when he's supposed to, he'd be great.
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    I'll jump on this funky train and say WHAT ABOUT STAR SCREAM?! that freak kills an entire fully healthy bot with two basic range nullifies!
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    This is seemingly coming back to a topic that was discussed for some time in MCOC - and that is, "How much will *skill* really get you in this game?"

What that means is, even the most skillful players can get screwed by a fight that is designed to throw skill away, and pretty much force the players to use Energon/spend money to complete.

Clearly, this game gives a lot of favor to those who are well skilled in it. There are very few things, if anything really, that are required for you to spend energon on besides things like Mastery Cores. And in this scenario, the people being affected the most are already at the top of the top.

So, its a little difficult to see the necessity at this point to change the way the bot or even the way the fight itself really works. If this were a node that was causing mass issues with all level of players, then I might be more sympathetic. However, with this issue only affecting the top top players, this seems more like a "consequence" of doing very high AM levels.

I dunno, this one is sort of a mixed bag for me. I understand the issue, but I also dont really view it as an issue at the same time due to the circumstances around it. I think that if you are going to do very high level AMs, they should be much more difficult than normal - and after a certain level, some of the fights might start leaning more on "unavoidable damage" to try and add more of a challenge to the fight since, clearly, your ninja skills at those levels are most likely pretty much on point.